PDA

View Full Version : Ammirati vs Slaughter

hometowndawg
05-15-2013, 08:45 AM
With Mitch being in an absolutely terrible slump right not (2 for his last ~30) and just coming back from a hand/wrist injury do you stick with Ammo for the last crucial series. Ammo has been playing pretty solid baseball lately. Stick with who is hot or go with the old starter?

All being told Cohen will probably catch ammo for Thursday and Saturday while Mitch catches Friday night.

RTO Dawg
05-15-2013, 08:55 AM
I like slaughter with Lindy....Ammo with Pollo, Graveman.....Slaughter seems to work better with our pitchers confidence.

Esmerelda Villalobos
05-15-2013, 09:02 AM
ammo all the way.

WeWillScrewItUp
05-15-2013, 09:04 AM
I believe you have to go with Ammo. He has earned the spot in my eyes and has the hot bat right now.

Lefthandersrule
05-15-2013, 09:05 AM
I like slaughter with Lindy....Ammo with Pollo, Graveman.....Slaughter seems to work better with our pitchers confidence.

I like Mitch with Lingo

Will James
05-15-2013, 09:15 AM
If he's healthy, Slauter. If he can't swing a bat because of his hand, Ammo.

Despite his slump Mitch still has a higher OBP than Ammo.

maroonmania
05-15-2013, 09:17 AM
With Mitch being in an absolutely terrible slump right not (2 for his last ~30) and just coming back from a hand/wrist injury do you stick with Ammo for the last crucial series. Ammo has been playing pretty solid baseball lately. Stick with who is hot or go with the old starter?

All being told Cohen will probably catch ammo for Thursday and Saturday while Mitch catches Friday night.

Ammirati vs Slaughter -- Sounds like a death match. Guess we could let them duke it out and the winner catches all 3 games this weekend. Oh wait, nevermind, wouldn't be fair since Mitch has the injured hand. :)

hometowndawg
05-15-2013, 10:29 AM
His hand is in good enough condition for him to play. I wouldnt expect Cohen to send Mitch onto the field if the training staff had not given the okay and Cohen has confidence that Mitch has the ability to get the job done, whether catching or hitting.

Will James
05-15-2013, 11:44 AM
His hand is in good enough condition for him to play. I wouldnt expect Cohen to send Mitch onto the field if the training staff had not given the okay and Cohen has confidence that Mitch has the ability to get the job done, whether catching or hitting.

Big difference in playing hurt and playing injured. Like Rea last year played with his shoulder issues and was in like a 3-50 slump at one point. Slauter is a gamer and if he can play hurt without causing damage he will choose to play. If that makes his hitting a liability though we should evaluate hurt Slauter vs Ammo.