PDA

View Full Version : Womack Offered

DCdawg
06-07-2014, 05:50 PM
Matt Womack impressed the MSU staff and got an offer today...hours later Ole Miss offers. What a coincidence. Maybe kids don't see it this way, but there's nothing genuine about that.

Leroy Jenkins
06-07-2014, 06:07 PM
Looks like hes a little leaner than he was earlier in the process.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BpjaWZ_IMAARY82.jpg

http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/933/947/6_947933.jpg

msstate7
06-07-2014, 06:09 PM
Hope Addison and cam steer him our way. I've wanted this kid all along.

engie
06-07-2014, 06:10 PM
He's absolutely huge...

HoopsDawg
06-07-2014, 06:11 PM
that is a big dude.

Dawg61
06-07-2014, 06:40 PM
Damn Therman Merman got huge!! Where's Bad Santa at?

msstate7
06-07-2014, 06:47 PM
Come to state, Matt. We're a power team that o'linemen should love to play for. You don't wanna block for screen passes

Barkman Turner Overdrive
06-07-2014, 07:08 PM
Farmer's tan. He will fit in well here.

paco
06-07-2014, 07:09 PM
rebs are acting like houston nutt is their coach. If you remember, ole houston would ususally wait forty-eight hours after we offer a player then the kid would receive an old myth offer.

AlSwearengen
06-07-2014, 08:41 PM
been in the weight room and on the road and probably eating better.

hailmari
06-07-2014, 09:17 PM
And with that frame, he has the potential to become an absolute monster in college. I assume the coaches were just waiting to see what his mobility is like.

yjnkdawg
06-07-2014, 10:58 PM
Matt Womack impressed the MSU staff and got an offer today...hours later Ole Miss offers. What a coincidence. Maybe kids don't see it this way, but there's nothing genuine about that.

That's OM for you. They offer based on stars, but as for as evaluating players, it seems they always let other schools do the evaluations and then they try to jump in. I don't think they can evaluate players worth a crap.

msstate7
06-07-2014, 11:06 PM
That's OM for you. They offer based on stars, but as for as evaluating players, it seems they always let other schools do the evaluations and then they try to jump in. I don't think they can evaluate players worth a crap.

Maybe we should let our recruiting guys give our some false information regarding guys we really have no intention of offering

yjnkdawg
06-07-2014, 11:11 PM
Maybe we should let our recruiting guys give our some false information regarding guys we really have no intention of offering

Sounds like a winner to me.

Todd4State
06-07-2014, 11:43 PM

No way Rosebowl couldn't f*** that up.**

SouthMsDawg
06-09-2014, 07:35 AM
Looks like another Rawlings case. Kid was acting like he wanted a State offer, and when we offer OM decides to offer. Now Ole Miss is his clear cut leader. Paul jones even Crystal Balled him to Ole Miss

Sam&DeansDawg
06-09-2014, 09:24 AM
Looks like another Rawlings case. Kid was acting like he wanted a State offer, and when we offer OM decides to offer. Now Ole Miss is his clear cut leader. Paul jones even Crystal Balled him to Ole Miss

Is this for real?

Westdawg
06-09-2014, 09:39 AM
Now that would tick me off. It's almost like the OM coaches told him to " just to see what they would say, then when they offer we can make a splash by offering and u commit so we win the day!"

smootness
06-09-2014, 09:52 AM
Now that would tick me off. It's almost like the OM coaches told him to " just to see what they would say, then when they offer we can make a splash by offering and u commit so we win the day!"

Eh...I think it's more that they felt comfortable they could get him but didn't necessarily want to offer yet, but we forced their hand.

Of course, he camped at Ole Miss the day before State. Also, Steve is saying LSU is his dream offer. So we'll see, but I definitely wouldn't count on him to State.

maroonmania
06-09-2014, 09:53 AM

To me it would not be the same as Rawlings unless Womack's family has big time OM connections that I'm not aware of. However, I will say that Womack has not committed anywhere yet, so its hard to feel too upset with him if he has both offers in hand and then makes his choice. Of course Rawlings didn't have the luxury of having both offers this early. Right now though we need to get Danley nailed down. Womack could potentially be good in time but he will definitely need development. We need Danley to be ready to pick up some slack when Clausell graduates.

MadisonDawg
06-09-2014, 12:46 PM
Just got an LSU offer per twitter

msstate7
06-09-2014, 12:48 PM
Just got an LSU offer per twitter

He's blown up the last week. Lsu coaches must trust our judgement too

Johnson85
06-09-2014, 01:01 PM
To me it would not be the same as Rawlings unless Womack's family has big time OM connections that I'm not aware of. However, I will say that Womack has not committed anywhere yet, so its hard to feel too upset with him if he has both offers in hand and then makes his choice. Of course Rawlings didn't have the luxury of having both offers this early. Right now though we need to get Danley nailed down. Womack could potentially be good in time but he will definitely need development. We need Danley to be ready to pick up some slack when Clausell graduates.

Rawilngs was a guy that committed to State when we were the only ones high on him and, late in the process, jumped ship to a team that viewed him as something between their plan D and Plan ZZ. I don't think Rawlings did anything for state fans to be particularly pissed about (it is shitty to break a commitment, especially if he told the MSU coaches he would stick with his commitment even if an UM offer came, but commitment just means a different thing in the recruiting context), but Womack getting an UM offer in the summer and taking it without ever having committed to State and without MSU coaches having relied on his commitment is pretty much the polar opposite of Rawlings accept in that he would end up at the same school.

HancockCountyDog
06-09-2014, 01:34 PM
I don't have any problem with what Wommack has done. He showed up at our camp and worked his ass off and got an offer. Apparently he has done the same thing at LSU. Good for him.

i hope we get the big guy. Comparing what he did to what Rawlings did is simply two different situations and are in no way comparable.

Homedawg
06-09-2014, 01:42 PM
He's blown up the last week. Lsu coaches must trust our judgement too

He went to camp at Lsu today.

msstate7
06-09-2014, 01:49 PM
He went to camp at Lsu today.

Nevermind then.