PDA

View Full Version : It seems that commits Linton and Johnson

bobcat91
06-06-2014, 09:52 PM
Have flipped to the dark side. They are having to pull out all the tricks early this year.

Dawg61
06-06-2014, 09:56 PM
15 commits! Sweet

Noxdog
06-06-2014, 10:00 PM
Johnson hurts, if true. Hellava athlete.

Have flipped to the dark side. They are having to pull out all the tricks early this year.

AlSwearengen
06-06-2014, 10:00 PM
15 commits! Sweet

Making room maybe. I don't know much about our board, but looking at the recruiting sites, those two weren't among our highest rated commits and we are after higher rated as well.

bobcat91
06-06-2014, 10:02 PM
We are having a great year and they have to try to stop the momentum.

Willn1
06-06-2014, 10:05 PM
We have so many kids wanting to be a part of this class so if some of these kids don't want to be a part of this it's their loss. Looking at what we have committed and those who are showing lots of interest I am certain that we will replace all who want to go pretty quickly. We have a lot of talent in the boat, but there is a LOT more circling.

For example, if Linton doesn't want to be here, I'll wish him well and Peters, McClaurin, and/or Khane Pass will move right into his vacated spot and we keep moving.

If Johnson jumps ship, there is a Johnson from Hoover that is circling the boat who will fit nicely in that spot.

I don't want any kid that doesn't want to be a Bulldog. I wish them well.

CadaverDawg
06-06-2014, 10:07 PM
We've known this for a while. This is the OM camp trying to change the positive momentum we have going in recruiting right now. They weren't planning on making them play their flip card this early though. Ha, Hugh and Company and the "commitment should mean something" camp must be worried.

When Golson leaves them, "Commitment" is brought up by Freezus....now he plays this card for the 100th time.

Dawg61
06-06-2014, 10:07 PM
We have so many kids wanting to be a part of this class so if some of these kids don't want to be a part of this it's their loss. Looking at what we have committed and those who are showing lots of interest I am certain that we will replace all who want to go pretty quickly. We have a lot of talent in the boat, but there is a LOT more circling.

For example, if Linton doesn't want to be here, I'll wish him well and Peters, McClaurin, and/or Khane Pass will move right into his vacated spot and we keep moving.

If Johnson jumps ship, there is a Johnson from Hoover that is circling the boat who will fit nicely in that spot.

This, couldn't say it any better.

CadaverDawg
06-06-2014, 10:08 PM

Boom. You have the perfect way of looking at it. This has been planned for months by them anyway.

HSVDawg
06-06-2014, 10:08 PM
I think the writing was on the wall for both of those two for some time. No big surprise, although I wish we could have kept Johnson and hopefully Mullen will stay on him. Still shaping up to be a really good class if most everything else holds together and we add Adams, Peters, Dear, and some OL.

Homedawg
06-06-2014, 10:09 PM
Making room maybe. I don't know much about our board, but looking at the recruiting sites, those two weren't among our highest rated commits and we are after higher rated as well.

That sounds like fancy talk. We aren't making room. They got 2 guys we wanted. It isn't the end of the day or a big deal in the grand scheme, but don't act like them w the oh we didn't want them stuff. We have some guys we might not want but these 2 we wanted.

smootness
06-06-2014, 10:09 PM
Yeah, neither of these is shocking, not big losses. We've got to hold onto Washington and get Adams, though.

ShotgunDawg
06-06-2014, 10:18 PM
Kids usually end up where they are supposed to go. If they don't there was usually a falling out with the staff or their were massive shenanigans.

Either way, it made sense for Johnson and Linton to go to Ole Miss. The same could be said for us and Fletcher Adams. Don't get your hopes up on that one Rebs or your stupid.

Thing is, most of these kids that flip commitments don't pan out. Flipping your commitment IMO designates that their is an issue with the players makeup. Not a fan of it.

AlSwearengen
06-06-2014, 10:31 PM
That sounds like fancy talk. We aren't making room. They got 2 guys we wanted. It isn't the end of the day or a big deal in the grand scheme, but don't act like them w the oh we didn't want them stuff. We have some guys we might not want but these 2 we wanted.

I said I don't know much about our board. They might be at the top of our coach's wish list, but over at 247, the kid from tupelo that we got recently is rated higher than both and we still have Peters that we hopefully get. We can't sign 25 safeties. We are also getting serious interest from some new kids that are pretty good. Edit to add that I was thinking johnson is the kid from oak grove. Either way, we are doing pretty well with or without them.

bulldawg28
06-06-2014, 10:33 PM
Well Bye....

Coach34
06-06-2014, 10:36 PM
Well Bye....

thats my thoughts. We've had the Mississippi Home Run and Merry Flipmas- yet here we are heading into September with the best team Mullen has had to date. We're gonna be ok

msstate7
06-06-2014, 10:38 PM
Really wish dear and pass would commit.

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-06-2014, 10:40 PM
We backed off both these guys months ago.

Good luck. I hope they enjoy the egg bowl

Coach34
06-06-2014, 10:42 PM
. I hope they enjoy the egg bowl

When Mullen rams it in Freezus this November- the Confederates gonna secede

I seen it dawg
Damn February snuck up on me....

engie
It's funny that they "flipped" a guy that gives us a better, more direct path to 2 better safety prospects -- one of which basically has Cam Newton as a little brother...

AlSwearengen
06-06-2014, 10:44 PM
thats my thoughts. We've had the Mississippi Home Run and Merry Flipmas- yet here we are heading into September with the best team Mullen has had to date. We're gonna be ok

Exactly. Most of the games olemiss plays with recruiting seems to end up helping us. And I like our chances of going 4 for 5 this year.

msstate7
06-06-2014, 10:45 PM
It's funny that they "flipped" a guy that gives us a better, more direct path to 2 better safety prospects -- one of which basically has Cam Newton as a little brother...

Pass needs to be getting the red carpet

engie
06-06-2014, 10:48 PM
Exactly. Most of the games olemiss plays with recruiting seems to end up helping us. And I like our chances of going 4 for 5 this year.

A win this year would make 5 of 6...

engie
06-06-2014, 10:52 PM

He is. Should be camping at MSU in the next week or so...

TheDogFather
06-06-2014, 11:10 PM
There is no such thing as a flip any more. These kids are swayed and misread and noncommittal more than ever. Regardless of what they put on Twit-er instant-gram or Fake-book. No kid is committed until the name is signed on the line. Therefor where there is no commit there is flip.

Bothrops
06-06-2014, 11:21 PM
I feel a little sorry for those guys honestly. That operation is counterfeit as hell and they may regret it ultimately.

bobcat91
06-07-2014, 12:01 AM

Pass is bringing his family when he comes next week or so. He is getting the royal treatment, because he is a good recruit on his own and his younger brother really is Cam part 2.

starkvegasdawg
06-07-2014, 12:05 AM
Maybe I'm just tired and not thinking but I can't come up with one player that was committed to us that flipped to them and ever amounted to more than a fart in the wind once they got there.

dawgclub99
06-07-2014, 12:56 AM
Anyone who says we did not want these two guys has their heads too far into the maroon and white clouds. We wanted them and are not making room for others. We as a program do not turn away MS athletes of their caliber pure and simple.

engie
06-07-2014, 01:06 AM
Anyone who says we did not want these two guys has their heads too far into the maroon and white clouds. We wanted them and are not making room for others. We as a program do not turn away MS athletes of their caliber pure and simple.

I invite everyone to click on the post history and decide for themselves...

Chances are -- nice knowing you.

Todd4State
06-07-2014, 01:35 AM
I feel a little sorry for those guys honestly. That operation is counterfeit as hell and they may regret it ultimately.

I feel sorry for them based on our track record of developing players vs. Ole Miss's track record.

Gabe Jackson? Benardrick McKinney? Need I go on?

jalakin
06-07-2014, 06:15 AM
Thing is, most of these kids that flip commitments don't pan out. Flipping your commitment IMO designates that their is an issue with the players makeup. Not a fan of it.
I hate when people make stupid statements like this. So by your opinion you think there is an issue with any player that flips from other schools to State then also? Or do you just have this opinion for ones that flip from State? In my opinion a kid flipping these days doesn't have issues, sometimes it is just their opinion of which school they like best changes. I know when I was in high school I had many school choices with full rides to each and my top choice wasn't completely settled to the last minute. So to make a blanket statement like yours is just ignorant in my opinion.

Political Hack
06-07-2014, 07:01 AM
Maybe I'm just tired and not thinking but I can't come up with one player that was committed to us that flipped to them and ever amounted to more than a fart in the wind once they got there.

it's not about what they fail to accomplish because they chose Ole Miss, it's about what they fail to accomplish because they didn't choose State. CJ Johnson, Channing Ward, Nicholas Brassell, Tobias Singleton, Pat Patterson, and others all would've had very different careers had they ended up in Starkville. Likewise, Quay would've probably fit in better in Oxford. It's more about finding the right fit, but these kids get mesmerized by the glitz and lose focus. They need someone talking to them keeping their heads straight so they don't sell their soul & their happiness for a 7/11 salary.

deltadawg99
06-07-2014, 09:20 AM
These guys flipping is no surprise to anybody and the timing is the OM propaganda machine trying to stop our momentum from getting 4 big commits in 2 days.

It was a question of when Johnson and Linton were going to flip, not if they were going to flip.

I would rather lose them now than in January. Gives us plenty of time to move on and fill their spots with guys that want to be at MSU.

CadaverDawg
06-07-2014, 09:28 AM
The Rebs are nervous. They rarely try to play the flip game this early, but our recruiting success is forcing their hand. They can't beat us on the field, so all they had left was recruiting rankings, and now they're losing that to us too. Bottom line, after all these years of OM "out recruiting" us....we are still the better program and beat them every year. So when I hear news like this I just laugh bc it is OM insecurity, and we've been beating that ass with far worse classes than we will have even without Johnson and Linton. Just fill their spots with the best available, and after a year of development, they will probably pass those guys talent anyway based on our development track record vs OM's.

So I say, "Bye"......"Next"

Reason2succeed
06-07-2014, 11:05 AM
The fact that Ole Miss is so keen on taking players that were previously committed to State tells me that our coaches are better talent evaluators because they get on these kids first. We just have to shore up our closing skills...but stay within compliance if you know what I mean.

Dawg61
06-07-2014, 11:17 AM
The fact that Ole Miss is so keen on taking players that were previously committed to State tells me that our coaches are better talent evaluators because they get on these kids first. We just have to shore up our closing skills...but stay within compliance if you know what I mean.

Ole Miss looks at the top 300 recruiting rankings and our list of players we've offered or have signed with us to know who they should offer. That's the only two ways they can tell who to offer. It certainly isn't by a coach watching tape or seeing a new player play in person. There will be no diamonds discovered by Ole Miss.

AlSwearengen
06-07-2014, 12:27 PM
If bucky has a seven win season and loses to us, his ass starts getting warm. The way that their program is built, the first signs of trouble or unhappiness and things will start to come unraveled. It may have even started this past season with the lawsuits, drugs, rape, etc. That place is a ****ing zoo and no matter how much preaching bucky does, it won't change. Recruits that buy into and accept what they do, probably aren't what we need anyway.

justwin
06-07-2014, 01:51 PM
If OM goes 2-2 in their first four this year, 6 wins may be tough. Then, you're going into 2015 without a legit QB on campus.

If bucky has a seven win season and loses to us, his ass starts getting warm. The way that their program is built, the first signs of trouble or unhappiness and things will start to come unraveled. It may have even started this past season with the lawsuits, drugs, rape, etc. That place is a ****ing zoo and no matter how much preaching bucky does, it won't change. Recruits that buy into and accept what they do, probably aren't what we need anyway.

Dawg61
06-07-2014, 01:54 PM
Then, you're going into 2014 without a legit QB on campus.

fify

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-07-2014, 02:16 PM
Best part is these 2 will IMMEDIATELY jump into YP's top 7 in state prospects. Why does anyone pay for that shit? He was hyping gerri green as the best player in the state at one time. Why grown ass men pay for this stuff I will never understand.

GreenheadDawg
06-07-2014, 02:18 PM
well they have both officially flipped. Hope it works out for em.

CadaverDawg
06-07-2014, 02:22 PM
Best part is these 2 will IMMEDIATELY jump into YP's top 7 in state prospects. Why does anyone pay for that shit? He was hyping gerri green as the best player in the state at one time. Why grown ass men pay for this stuff I will never understand.

Totally agree

BulldogBear
06-07-2014, 02:50 PM
This stuff just hardly raises my eyebrows anymore. It's part of the script. It's the guy doing the same party trick every weekend and not realizing it's not funny anymore. It's almost pathetic. Ole Miss "flipped" a recruit just like they do all the freaking time with guys that were never actual MSU committs. Big deal.

Dawg61
06-07-2014, 02:59 PM
This stuff just hardly raises my eyebrows anymore. It's part of the script. It's the guy doing the same party trick every weekend and not realizing it's not funny anymore. It's almost pathetic. Ole Miss "flipped" a recruit just like they do all the freaking time with guys that were never actual MSU committs. Big deal.

This!! We can only sign so many boys and the two that just "flipped" aren't exactly 5* recruits that hurt us. If anything if frees up two spots for Mullen & Co. to sign better players that want to be here. I'm excited to see who MSU gets next. This isn't basketball where we do nothing when someone leaves. This is football where we already have too many guys trying to get into the boat. For each player that "flips" there's fifty in line trying to get in.

HoopsDawg
06-07-2014, 03:14 PM
This!! We can only sign so many boys and the two that just "flipped" aren't exactly 5* recruits that hurt us. If anything if frees up two spots for Mullen & Co. to sign better players that want to be here. I'm excited to see who MSU gets next. This isn't basketball where we do nothing when someone leaves. This is football where we already have too many guys trying to get into the boat. For each player that "flips" there's fifty in line trying to get in.

I really want Pass and keeping Linton would have given us too many safeties in my opinion. I like Jay Johnson as an unattached TE, but hopefully we re-sign Ravian Pierce from Prep school.

GreenheadDawg
06-07-2014, 03:17 PM

I wish we could have kept Johnson i hear he is a great athlete. As far as Linton goes, BYE. I'll take Khane Pass and Peters and be just fine. Basically OM is like your little brother when you were kids. He takes your plastic dump truck and says, "look what i got" just for attention. Then you go get on your power wheel and flip him the bird and he starts crying again. They are losing their shit right now because of all the commits we have gotten and the numbers of kids that are leaning to us. I'm telling you they are in full freak out mode. I bet Freeze doesn't even had a piece of wooden furniture left in his office, he's chewed it all to dust. It speaks volumes that they have already had to use the flip card so early because they don't know what else to do. And we skull drag them in oxford, it will be an epic meltdown. I'm calling it now

msstate7
06-07-2014, 03:18 PM
I really want Pass and keeping Linton would have given us too many safeties in my opinion. I like Jay Johnson as an unattached TE, but hopefully we re-sign Ravian Pierce from Prep school.

If we sign pass, I could care less about linton. We need pass

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-07-2014, 03:23 PM
If we sign pass, I could care less about linton. We need pass

Couldn't, you couldn't care less.

msstate7
06-07-2014, 03:23 PM
I wish we could have kept Johnson i hear he is a great athlete. As far as Linton goes, BYE. I'll take Khane Pass and Peters and be just fine. Basically OM is like your little brother when you were kids. He takes your plastic dump truck and says, "look what i got" just for attention. Then you go get on your power wheel and flip him the bird and he starts crying again. They are losing their shit right now because of all the commits we have gotten and the numbers of kids that are leaning to us. I'm telling you they are in full freak out mode. I bet Freeze doesn't even had a piece of wooden furniture left in his office, he's chewed it all to dust. It speaks volumes that they have already had to use the flip card so early because they don't know what else to do. And we skull drag them in oxford, it will be an epic meltdown. I'm calling it now

Really gotta think OM getting these 2 to flip this early is strictly damage control. The problem is when they flip this incredibly early, we have a ton of time to replace them. These flips don't have near the sting as the signing day flip last year or even the late flips (Rawlings & cj). Showing their hand this early is definitely desperation. We're in their head now...

msstate7
06-07-2014, 03:24 PM
Couldn't, you couldn't care less.

Yeah that too haha

Maroon Diapers
06-07-2014, 03:28 PM
The fact that this crap has been scrolling across the espn tickers this afternoon during the supers just pisses me off.

Dawg61
06-07-2014, 03:30 PM
And like clockwork ESPNU scrolls the players flipping. Funny I don't remember seeing them scroll the 3 players committing to us.

BulldogBear
06-07-2014, 05:32 PM
Really gotta think OM getting these 2 to flip this early is strictly damage control. The problem is when they flip this incredibly early, we have a ton of time to replace them. These flips don't have near the sting as the signing day flip last year or even the late flips (Rawlings & cj). Showing their hand this early is definitely desperation. We're in their head now...

Spot on!!! I'm not saying we couldn't use them or wish we didn't have them. I'm just saying that this stuff has gotten so contrived, scripted, whatever you want to call it.. that I hardly believe these recruits that "flip" to Ole Miss didn't know they were going to do so BEFORE they committed to MSU. I'm saying it's gotten so ridiculous it's like they are plants from the beginning. Doesn't phase me any more. We have 1-2 commits every year that I think commit to MSU just for the drama and are instructed to "flip" when they are supposed to. Then the spinning wheel starts turning. Either read between the lines and see the truth or pass me a tin foil hat!