Will he return?

Sorry if this has been discussed. I think he's gone for sure now

I seen it dawg
06-06-2014, 03:41 PM
Yeah he's got to go. Sucks.

Jack Lambert
06-06-2014, 03:53 PM
Yeah he's got to go. Sucks.

Maybe not. If he stays one more year he will not go any lower but if he stays another year he could end up going higher and that means waiting one year for more money. Just a thought.

I seen it dawg
06-06-2014, 03:55 PM
If he stays he has zero leverage. He would have to be lights out all yr and possibly get another pitch (which he is prob gonna need anyway) to get picked as high as he just did. I don't think he is gonna get any higher.

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-06-2014, 03:57 PM
Joba Holder

RossDawg82
06-06-2014, 04:07 PM
he is gone. If he waits another year he will get a bag lunch and a bus ticket

smootness
06-06-2014, 04:10 PM
So, Holder setting up Lindgren for the Yankees? I don't like the Yankees, but I do like the sound of that.

I seen it dawg
06-06-2014, 04:18 PM
Haha smoot that's not out of the realm. That may happen. Although I think Lindgren will be that dirty lefty out of the pen in the 7-8 inning. He has to get the makeup to close and he's not there yet although he definitely has the stuff.

smootness
06-06-2014, 04:36 PM
Haha smoot that's not out of the realm. That may happen. Although I think Lindgren will be that dirty lefty out of the pen in the 7-8 inning. He has to get the makeup to close and he's not there yet although he definitely has the stuff.

Well, I'm at least betting the Yankees feel like he will ultimately close. I can't believe they would use a 2nd round pick on a guy they expected to pitch 7-8.

I seen it dawg
06-06-2014, 04:49 PM
Well, I'm at least betting the Yankees feel like he will ultimately close. I can't believe they would use a 2nd round pick on a guy they expected to pitch 7-8.

I totally agree the Yankees aren't drafting a RP guy in the 2nd round to pitch in the 7-8. He has the stuff to close there is no doubt. They are banking on him being ready quickly I would think too. I think he has to take a huge step to get from 7-8 to closer though. It's a different universe.

Dawg61
06-06-2014, 04:57 PM
So, Holder setting up Lindgren for the Yankees? I don't like the Yankees, but I do like the sound of that.

I think it's the other way around. Once the Yankees get Holder in their system I think they find a few more mph in that arm. Holder has the stones to close in Yankee stadium vs the Red Sox. Only downside to Holder being a Yankee is their rule against long hair and facial hair.

Todd4State
06-06-2014, 06:50 PM
Didn't Kenny Powers play in New York?

Todd4State
06-06-2014, 06:53 PM
I saw the Yankees play about a week ago. They don't have a very good bullpen right now. Lots of guys with nasty ERA's. David Robertson and Betences are good pitchers. And that's about it. IF Lindgren makes it this year, he's definitely middle relief at best and maybe a LOOGY.

Holder is a longer shot to make it this year, but it's pretty obvious to me that the Yankees are trying to find bullpen help that can move through the system quickly.

esplanade91
06-06-2014, 07:03 PM
I know a degree is something his family really wants him to have and to leave with, but I think a selection by the Yankees in the state their in is too much to pass up.

shoeless joe
06-06-2014, 07:07 PM
He's got to go...no question and good for him. I think butch does an amazing job but holder gettin some teaching from a pro ball pitching coach will do wonders for him.

Last nite when lindgren was picked the analysts on MLB mentioned college bullpen guys moving to starters in pro ball. They didn't specifically mention lindgren but they started the topic when he was picked then were interrupted by the next pick. I don't really think that's the way he'll go but will be interesting to see.

I will give Will some credit too. He claimed lindgren would be 1st round...he wasn't but close enough to where he deserves credit for calling his success when a lot of folks didn't see it at that level.

Dawg61
06-06-2014, 07:13 PM
Maybe I'm reading too much into these picks but to me it shows the New York Yankees regarded the MSU bullpen as the best in all of college. Those are valuable picks for them. Especially the 55th pick overall in Lindgren. That's their first pick. They really can't afford to miss there and they pick Lindgren because they know he'll be gone next time they pick. Same with Holder. I think it's badass that we now have two future RP in the Yankee pen and it says tons about Cohen and Thompson's ability to develop top coveted pitchers.

I seen it dawg
06-06-2014, 07:28 PM
Damn Todd. You don't know shit. ***almost forgot to add those thingys

Todd4State
06-06-2014, 07:55 PM
He's got to go...no question and good for him. I think butch does an amazing job but holder gettin some teaching from a pro ball pitching coach will do wonders for him.

Last nite when lindgren was picked the analysts on MLB mentioned college bullpen guys moving to starters in pro ball. They didn't specifically mention lindgren but they started the topic when he was picked then were interrupted by the next pick. I don't really think that's the way he'll go but will be interesting to see.

I will give Will some credit too. He claimed lindgren would be 1st round...he wasn't but close enough to where he deserves credit for calling his success when a lot of folks didn't see it at that level.

People need to remember this when talking about Woodruff and Rea. NOT saying that those guys are going to be first round picks. But I am saying that it is very possible that guys that struggle one year can take big leaps the next.

Cabo32
06-06-2014, 09:39 PM
Didn't Kenny Powers play in New York?

"You mean Jew York, yeah it's F'n great"