PDA

View Full Version : Jalen Thompson ...

FISHDAWG
06-06-2014, 11:58 AM
this cruitin yr just seems to get better & better ...... link to Talty's article about Smithersons team mate

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/06/jalen_thompson_could_commit_to.html?utm_source=dlv r.it&utm_medium=twitter

Covercorner2
06-06-2014, 12:04 PM
Anyone know how Smitherman and Thompson's recruitment affects Chris Stamps? I saw where beginning Wednesday folks on 247 were Crystal Ballin him to UK. Figured Stamps was a sure thing being from Vicksburg (Warren Central) and all....

ETA: Would be nice to hold on to Stamps as he has better size (6'0) and what we have been seeing in our corners lately. Smitherman and Thompson are both shorter guys.

smootness
06-06-2014, 12:09 PM
Stamps, Smitherman, and Thompson could arguably be the best CB class we've ever signed. Thompson is already a 4-star on 247, and I feel like Stamps and Smitherman are both candidates to jump up with a good senior year.

smootness
06-06-2014, 12:11 PM
Anyone know how Smitherman and Thompson's recruitment affects Chris Stamps? I saw where beginning Wednesday folks on 247 were Crystal Ballin him to UK. Figured Stamps was a sure thing being from Vicksburg (Warren Central) and all....

ETA: Would be nice to hold on to Stamps as he has better size (6'0) and what we have been seeing in our corners lately. Smitherman and Thompson are both shorter guys.

That's interesting. They're all coming from Kentucky people, but I don't see any recent articles or interviews. It would be fairly shocking for them to come in and take a kid like that from us.

ETA: I see now where he's the cousin of AJ Stamps. I would hate to lose him, but Smitherman and Thompson would make me feel a lot better about it. I think Stamps has the potential to the best of the 3, though.

I'm wondering if the UK guys feel like we'll slow play him some with the other CBs on board, or if something recently changed.

Covercorner2
06-06-2014, 12:14 PM
That's interesting. They're all coming from Kentucky people, but I don't see any recent articles or interviews. It would be fairly shocking for them to come in and take a kid like that from us.

That's what I was thinking. His cousin, AJ Stamps, plays for UK so that one "in" UK has, but still would think we would prevail in the end...

deltadawg99
06-06-2014, 12:31 PM
Stamps isn't going to UK. He said that MSU was the offer he wanted and with the Morgan brothers coaching him, there won't be any recruiting non sense with him.

smootness
06-06-2014, 12:33 PM
Stamps isn't going to UK. He said that MSU was the offer he wanted and with the Morgan brothers coaching him, there won't be any recruiting non sense with him.

I certainly hope this is true, but I wouldn't necessarily begrudge him anything if he really wanted to play with his cousin. I wouldn't consider that 'nonsense'.