PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Houston TX Area

Snowman79
06-06-2014, 08:35 AM
I have some family members moving there in the next month or so. Any suggestions on best schools, best area to live? They have a son who is a Junior in HS and will be looking for a good football program as well. He's 6'5" 290, so they would like for him to find a good team as well as good education.

Goat Holder
06-06-2014, 09:15 AM
I have no advice to offer you, but I hope you're making shit piles of money. That's about the only reason I'd move to Texas, but there again, it's a very good reason in its own right. I have a friend who lives in Kingwood and it seems nice. It's going to be hot a balls so get a pool.

SheltonChoked
06-10-2014, 04:48 PM
This can turn into a long topic. Here is my opinion.

Generally all of the suburban school districts are good. Get the test ratings for each school and look at the % free and reduced lunch, the % esl, and the test scores. That will give you a good idea of how good the schools are and the income levels/ education levels of the neighborhoods.

I live in cypress. The cy fair school district is very well thought of and has many excellent schools. It had some not as good ones too. Generally not as good at football as Katy or the Woodlands or some of the HISD schools.

Katy and the woodlands have better football teams normally. But the best schools don't have the best teams. Seven lakes high in katy is one of the too schools in texas, but it is ultra competitive grade wise and has an absurd number of kids with a perfect gpa.

SheltonChoked
06-10-2014, 04:49 PM
Oh and as far as where to live, where are they working? Commute times can be hell here and location matters.