PDA

View Full Version : Got to give adam frazier credit

Esmerelda Villalobos
05-14-2013, 09:16 PM
he is coming around lately and has been absolutely clutch when we needed him to get a hit. Without him, we have lost the last 2. Hopefully, he is catching fire.

Also, congrats to Holder for setting the all time msu saves record in a season.

Bullmutt
05-15-2013, 11:03 AM
Only problem is, Adam's hitting seems alittle more streaky this year; he doesn't hit as dependably game-to-game as last year. Too, his fielding hasn't been as effective. My sense is he's lost some of his focus or passion for the game.

Homedawg
05-15-2013, 11:22 AM
Only problem is, Adam's hitting seems alittle more streaky this year; he doesn't hit as dependably game-to-game as last year. Too, his fielding hasn't been as effective. My sense is he's lost some of his focus or passion for the game.

Lost his passion? Why say stuff like that? More likely pressing because he's draft eligible. he's made 9 errors and fielding at 960 which is good for a college ss.
Eta, he's the best overall ss we have ever had. Yes, ever. Ss hasn't been a great position for us I know, but he's put together 2 very solid years together in the field and at the plate

Bullmutt
05-15-2013, 12:17 PM
Eta, he's the best overall ss we have ever had.

HD, I don't disagree with this assertion at all, but I still am convinced my observation is valid as regards his performance this year vs last. I don't recall nearly as many bobbles in the field by him last year. Check his %, and if I'm wrong I'll be glad to admit it. Your point about him pressing may be the case, but whatever the reason is, he just doesn't seem as comfortable as last year, and it really seemed to start with his summer league numbers.

Todd4State
05-15-2013, 12:23 PM
He has the passion- he justs needs to be more patient at the plate. Actually, he has been much better at being patient lately.

His fielding has "suffered"- if you could even call it that- because he has much more range and is able to get to more balls than he was last year.

Homedawg
05-15-2013, 10:17 PM
Eta, he's the best overall ss we have ever had.

HD, I don't disagree with this assertion at all, but I still am convinced my observation is valid as regards his performance this year vs last. I don't recall nearly as many bobbles in the field by him last year. Check his %, and if I'm wrong I'll be glad to admit it. Your point about him pressing may be the case, but whatever the reason is, he just doesn't seem as comfortable as last year, and it really seemed to start with his summer league numbers.

Just fyi. Last year he fielded .957. 14 errors for the year. This year he's at .968. 9 so far. I think you remember he has 3 in recent games. He really had no summer league numbers to be honest. He didn't get to play much at all.

Bullmutt
05-16-2013, 02:39 PM
Todd and HD- points taken. I thought his fielding % was higher than that last year. My reference to his summer numbers was mostly re: batting average, and I was not aware he didn't play that much.

Will James
05-16-2013, 02:50 PM
he justs needs to be more patient at the plate

This. Not sure why of the change this year. Last year his BB% was 16.3% only 7.6% this year.