PDA

View Full Version : Matt Stevens in hot water

DawgPoundRock
06-05-2014, 03:09 PM
http://kpel965.com/mississippi-state-bulldogs-sports-radio-calls-lafayette-trip-worst-experience-ever/

CadaverDawg
06-05-2014, 03:17 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the "other guy" was HD6, correct?

Maybe Stevens will finally get what has been coming to him. It will take him doing it to a different school to finally have repercussions. He can bash MSU for as many years as he wants, but don't bash ULL or your ass is grass.**

maroonmania
06-05-2014, 03:19 PM
Good heavens, I quit reading the article as soon as they categorized Matt Stevens as a "Mississippi State Bulldogs fan". Nothing could be further from the truth. Bonner (CL beat writer) said the exact same thing about his trip to Lafayette on his show and he is certainly no MSU fan either.

MaxedOutMaroon
06-05-2014, 03:28 PM
Lol! I don't like Stevens anymore than the next guy, but this is hysterical and funny

Laf_Cajun
06-05-2014, 03:29 PM
so these guys dont represent MSU well, is that what I'm reading? When i read the articles or heard the boradcast from these two clowns I was shocked. As a lifelong resident of Lafayette (maybe I'm bias), but I think its a wonderful city...and you will be hard pressed to find nicer people elsewhere in the country. We literally will do almost anything for anyone that asks. Unforunatley, a couple 'bad' reality shows don't always protray us in the right light.

ghostofjackie
06-05-2014, 03:31 PM
No they don't represent us.

chainedup_Dawg
06-05-2014, 03:34 PM
so these guys dont represent MSU well, is that what I'm reading?

That would be the understatement of the day. The vast majority of us have been dying for Stevens to get blackballed by the AD for about a year-year and a half now.

HereComesTheSpiral
06-05-2014, 03:42 PM
I liked the missing link quote.

Laf_Cajun
06-05-2014, 03:44 PM
simmer down jackie...I was simply asking a question based off a few posts from your fellow peeps. I dont care, was simply trying to uderstand.

ghostofjackie
06-05-2014, 03:52 PM
Ok got you.

Laf_Cajun
06-05-2014, 03:57 PM
I didnt come here to get the general attitude about South LA from you, please dont assume things. I joined a week or so back (for various reasons)...not just because MSU was coming to the Lafayette regional. Your comment about loving New Orleans more then Lafayette (and we are backwards) tells me all I need to know. Thanks.

maroonmania
06-05-2014, 04:01 PM
so these guys dont represent MSU well, is that what I'm reading? When i read the articles or heard the boradcast from these two clowns I was shocked. As a lifelong resident of Lafayette (maybe I'm bias), but I think its a wonderful city...and you will be hard pressed to find nicer people elsewhere in the country. We literally will do almost anything for anyone that asks. Unforunatley, a couple 'bad' reality shows don't always protray us in the right light.

Well, whatever Steven's perspective was of Lafayette its just coming from his own negative self. In no way should he be categorized as an MSU fan or associated with MSU fans given that 99% of the MSU fanbase can't stand him because he talks negative about all things MSU all the time. But that is just him, he dwells on the negative side of everything he's around.

smootness
06-05-2014, 04:03 PM
The worst part of this is not what he said initially, it's that he apologized if he offended anyone. I hate when people do this. You knew what you said was going to be offensive to some people, so either own it or apologize for being an offensive dick.

If you thought about it and are sorry you said what you said, just apologizing for saying what you said. Don't apologize 'just in case anyone happened to be offended by my words'.

So either let your words stand and let me assume you're a dick, or fully apologize and change your behavior if you don't want to be thought a dick. But by doing this, I'm going to assume you're a dick and you're a coward.

BTW, this whole thing shines a light on why a lot of the uproar over 'racism' is ridiculous. At this point, we all know skin color doesn't determine a thing, so anyone being 'racist' to those with a different skin color is more than likely stereotyping and discriminating because of culture. He just said, 'I'm not going to say they're not people,' meaning Cajuns. That is a culture in the same way we think of African-American culture as something separate from others. Yet no one cares because he has pale skin and the people he's talking about mostly have pale skin, too.

Had he gone on a visit to Harlem and told people, 'I can't understand them. I'm not going to say they're not people...' he would be fired, blackballed, and would probably never work again.

CadaverDawg
06-05-2014, 04:06 PM
I'm just surprised Stevens didn't end it with something like....

"It still wasn't as bad as Starkville, but it was bad".

THAT would look more like a Stevens article. Screw that chump, I hope they tear his ass up over it.

CadaverDawg
06-05-2014, 04:09 PM
The worst part of this is not what he said initially, it's that he apologized if he offended anyone. I hate when people do this. You knew what you said was going to be offensive to some people, so either own it or apologize for being an offensive dick.

If you thought about it and are sorry you said what you said, just apologizing for saying what you said. Don't apologize 'just in case anyone happened to be offended by my words'.

So either let your words stand and let me assume you're a dick, or fully apologize and change your behavior if you don't want to be thought a dick. But by doing this, I'm going to assume you're a dick and you're a coward.

BTW, this whole thing shines a light on why a lot of the uproar over 'racism' is ridiculous. At this point, we all know skin color doesn't determine a thing, so anyone being 'racist' to those with a different skin color is more than likely stereotyping and discriminating because of culture. He just said, 'I'm not going to say they're not people,' meaning Cajuns. That is a culture in the same way we think of African-American culture as something separate from others. Yet no one cares because he has pale skin and the people he's talking about mostly have pale skin, too.

Had he gone on a visit to Harlem and told people, 'I can't understand them. I'm not going to say they're not people...' he would be fired, blackballed, and would probably never work again.

Ding ding ding

TheRef
06-05-2014, 04:11 PM
Matthew Stevens
@matthewcstevens
I need to say thank you to @jayespn1420 for allowing me to come on @espn1420 & apologize to EVERYONE I hurt. Again, I’m just SO SORRY.

4:09pm ? 5 Jun 2014 ? TweetDeck

I think he needed sarcastrics on the bolded part.

CadaverDawg
06-05-2014, 04:14 PM
Matthew Stevens
@matthewcstevens
I need to say thank you to @jayespn1420 for allowing me to come on @espn1420 & apologize to EVERYONE I hurt. Again, I’m just SO SORRY.

4:09pm ? 5 Jun 2014 ? TweetDeck

I think he needed sarcastrics on the bolded part.

He is definitely SORRY. Sorry at journalism.

Too bad we don't have any media outlets with nuts when people make fun of Starkville. Our media would retweet and link it, but never call the guy out that wrote it. Nobody ever apologizes to us

M.Fillmore
06-05-2014, 04:15 PM
I don't get this business of running down a town. I don't like it when people do it to us and I don't like it when we do it to others (although I certainly don't include Matt Stevens as one of us).

I spent the weekend in Lafayette a couple of years ago and had a great time. I saw one article that said the Cajun food in Lafayette was "decent". I guess he thinks the French food in Paris is decent too.

Goat Holder
06-05-2014, 04:16 PM
I love it that ULL folks have the balls to call this shit out. He straight up insulted them in the typical, journalistic, smart-ass way. F*ck him, and kudos for people firing back at him. I hope he gets fired. If Brian Hadad did it too, I wish they'd go at that insufferable mfer too. Idiots care more about their own egos than they do MSU.

Stevens also said he used to work with Michael Wardlaw. Confirms that he is a shitball in addition to being just a flat out tool. Have any of you ever seen the guy? He's terrible and hopefully doesn't procreate.

How does this loser even begin to think he can talk about anybody else? Somebody ought to give him a swirly.

Goat Holder
06-05-2014, 04:16 PM
Sorry at life. And yes, the one thing MSU as a whole needs more than anything is balls.

TheRef
06-05-2014, 04:17 PM
I love it that ULL folks have the balls to call this shit out. He straight up insulted them in the typical, journalistic, smart-ass way. F*ck him, and kudos for people firing back at him. I hope he gets fired. If Brian Hadad did it too, I wish they'd go at that insufferable mfer too. Faggots care more about their own egos than they do MSU.

Stevens also said he used to work with Michael Wardlaw. Confirms that he is a shitball in addition to being just a flat out tool. Have any of you ever seen the guy? He's terrible and hopefully doesn't procreate.

Apparently Hadad said that people down there didn't qualify as people....they are ripping Hadad a new one. I wouldn't be surprised if BSR pulled their show.

ghostofjackie
06-05-2014, 04:18 PM
He is getting ripped on Twitter as we speak. Just heard his apology on BSR

CadaverDawg
06-05-2014, 04:21 PM
Was HD6 the one they were talking about here....

"A co-host also suggested that the Cajuns were the “missing link” in the evolutionary chain between apes and humans."

TheRef
06-05-2014, 04:23 PM
Didn't HD6 say something about them being the bridge between human and ape?

They'll destroy him for that shit.

Oh they are destroying him.

sandwolf
06-05-2014, 04:23 PM
Apparently Hadad said that people down there didn't qualify as people....they are ripping Hadad a new one. I wouldn't be surprised if BSR pulled their show.

From the linked article:

A co-host also suggested that the Cajuns were the “missing link” in the evolutionary chain between apes and humans.

messageboardsuperhero
06-05-2014, 04:24 PM

Stevens doesn't represent anyone here- everyone associated with Mississippi State hates him. He is not an MSU fan. He is the beat writer for a crappy local newspaper who tries way too hard to be "unbiased." And don't feel bad- the guy always rags on MSU/Starkville too.

messageboardsuperhero
06-05-2014, 04:27 PM
He is definitely SORRY. Sorry at journalism.

Too bad we don't have any media outlets with nuts when people make fun of Starkville. Our media would retweet and link it, but never call the guy out that wrote it. Nobody ever apologizes to us

This X10000000.

I'm pretty sure that bashing Starkville/MSU is a prerequisite to being a member of the media- but nobody stands up for us or says shit when stuff like this is said about us.

messageboardsuperhero
06-05-2014, 04:29 PM
Sorry at life. And yes, the one thing MSU as a whole needs more than anything is balls.

Good for ULL for standing up to the Stevens prick. It's long overdue for someone at MSU to do the same.

Original48
06-05-2014, 04:30 PM
This was my favorite part of the 'apology'...
(2/2) While I had the worst experience of my life in Lafayette, that is no excuse for me not choosing my words more carefully. #wordsmatter
? Matthew Stevens (@matthewcstevens) June 5, 2014

CJDAWG85
06-05-2014, 04:32 PM
Bottom line is Stevens sucks. Good luck to y'all this weekend. Kick their ass!

CadaverDawg
06-05-2014, 04:33 PM
Where are you witnessing this fight? Twitter? I don't follow Hadad since he's a dick, but what's his handle? I'd love to see what people are saying

RattStevens
06-05-2014, 04:34 PM
Who is this Matt Stevens person?

TheRef
06-05-2014, 04:36 PM
Where are you witnessing this fight? Twitter? I don't follow Hadad since he's a dick, but what's his handle? I'd love to see what people are saying

Yeah. Twitter. His handle is @brianhadad

Stevens is diverting all of those mad people to him.

Political Hack
06-05-2014, 04:41 PM
Good for ULL for standing up to the Stevens prick. It's long overdue for someone at MSU to do the same.

no kidding. our "journalists" suck. Can we get whoever wrote the article on this hired?

maroonmania
06-05-2014, 04:41 PM

That's been a running joke with Hadad for years about LSU people. And they aren't going to pull his show unless they shut BSR down since Hadad in the BSR General Manager.

Laf_Cajun
06-05-2014, 04:43 PM
HAHA

 Retweeted by Chase Vallot

Kay Ledet@kayjun ? 5h

maybe @Chase_Vallot can educate @matthewcstevens on why Lafayette is continually ranked as one of the best cities to live in @travisjwebb
View conversation

TheRef
06-05-2014, 04:43 PM
That's been a running joke with Hadad for years about LSU people. And they aren't going to pull his show unless they shut BSR down since Hadad in the BSR General Manager.

I forgot about that......

Goat Holder
06-05-2014, 04:44 PM
I don't get this business of running down a town.

It's all insecurity. People love to feel like they are better than something else. Even if it's based on NOTHING. And even if it IS based on something, what normal human being wants to do it anyway??

Insecurity often times hides behind arrogance and narcissism. Those types are hard to spot at first.

Goat Holder
06-05-2014, 04:45 PM
Woowwwww....somebody forward this to Cohen, he has the balls AND stroke to get Stevens/Hadad excommunicated

CadaverDawg
06-05-2014, 04:50 PM
Woowwwww....somebody forward this to Cohen, he has the balls AND stroke to get Stevens/Hadad excommunicated

Yep. So now Hadad and Stevens could be potentially hurting us in recruiting in the state of Louisiana, which just so happens to be where our star QB and tailback are from. Well done, dipshits.

Maybe HD6 should have thought about karma over the years while he was being an ass.

Political Hack
06-05-2014, 04:50 PM
maybe this will be the last straw and we can get rid of that ignorant troll.

messageboardsuperhero
06-05-2014, 04:51 PM

No joke... If this has ANY negative impact whatsoever on our chances of getting Vallot here (even if he's likely going pro anyway), Stevens should be blackballed by the athletic department. Really, he should have been after the whole Redmond fiasco anyway, but better late than never.

CadaverDawg
06-05-2014, 04:52 PM
No joke... If this has ANY negative impact whatsoever on our chances of getting Vallot here (even if he's likely going pro anyway), Stevens should be blackballed by the athletic department. Really, he should have been after the whole Redmond fiasco anyway, but better late than never.

Yep. Now how funny and cute is all of the smart ass "I'm better than you" shit?

maroonmania
06-05-2014, 05:12 PM
HAHA

 Retweeted by Chase Vallot

Kay Ledet@kayjun ? 5h

maybe @Chase_Vallot can educate @matthewcstevens on why Lafayette is continually ranked as one of the best cities to live in @travisjwebb
View conversation

If you guys help us get Stevens off the MSU beat with all of this we would be forever grateful.

Goat Holder
06-05-2014, 05:16 PM
we would be forever grateful.

They can also accomplish this by another means this weekend as well. It would almost force me to be a sidewalk ULL fan 4 eva.

CadaverDawg
06-05-2014, 05:19 PM
Hud, beat OM, and get Stevens canned = The Trifecta

Barkman Turner Overdrive
06-05-2014, 05:22 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the "other guy" was HD6, correct?*

Is HD an abbreviation for Humpty Dumpty?

Laf_Cajun
06-05-2014, 05:26 PM
Hud, beat OM, and get Stevens canned = The Trifecta

We will keep Hud....the other two are good

CadaverDawg
06-05-2014, 05:28 PM
We will keep Hud....the other two are good

Ok, then your hitting coach will work.

BulldogBear
06-05-2014, 05:47 PM
Sick of this 'tweed Stevens

The Croom Diaries
06-05-2014, 06:13 PM

Well actually BSR is owned by VSporto, so Hadad could definitely be fired. If his sponsors pull out, or threaten to, that is a real possibility for him.

Dawg61
06-05-2014, 06:28 PM

THIS!!!!! Give him to us

RougeDawg
06-05-2014, 06:32 PM

^^This^^. I'm still wondering how they lured him away from College Station. Must have laid out some cheese.

MarketingBully01
06-05-2014, 06:55 PM
Considering Laf_Cajun is Chase's Uncle, please be respectful of him on here. Sorry for the rudeness of the Beat Writers there Laf. We don't all think the way they do. Good luck to Chase tonight and if he doesn't get picked where he wants to tonight, he has a great place to play college ball. Like he said in an article I read earlier. It's a win-win for him. Good luck this weekend and beat Ole Miss! Hope you win the CWS too!

Todd4State
06-05-2014, 10:04 PM
What's sad is that a Sun Belt school is standing up to our media more than MSU does. That's pathetic. We don't even stand up for ourselves.

All we have to do is pull media credentials and then Stevens, Bonner, and whoever else is going to cower down. Here's the proof.

The writers and media need us more than we need them.

And I hope Stricklin, Cohen, Keenum whoever else demands that Stevens gets reprimanded.

maroonmania
06-05-2014, 10:47 PM
What's sad is that a Sun Belt school is standing up to our media more than MSU does. That's pathetic. We don't even stand up for ourselves.

All we have to do is pull media credentials and then Stevens, Bonner, and whoever else is going to cower down. Here's the proof.

And I hope Stricklin, Cohen, Keenum whoever else demands that Stevens gets reprimanded.

Yep, Stevens has crapped on MSU for years with no apparent need to ever apologize for anything.

Pollodawg
06-05-2014, 11:19 PM
Hadad really is insufferable. Steven, of course, we all knew. But Hadad is a jackass too.

Todd4State
06-05-2014, 11:29 PM
Hadad really is insufferable. Steven, of course, we all knew. But Hadad is a jackass too.

I think Hadad made the mistake of thinking that he was still on sixpackspeak where you can say whatever the heck you want to say and he has free reign.

Pollodawg
06-06-2014, 12:47 AM
I think Hadad made the mistake of thinking that he was still on sixpackspeak where you can say whatever the heck you want to say and he has free reign.

That's his problem. He lets his message board alter ego get the best of him. He isn't nearly as big a deal as he thinks he is.

hacker
06-06-2014, 01:47 AM

I came here to say this. But you put it a lot more eloquently than I would have. Thank you.

Also, "MSU fan" lol

Pioneer Dawg
06-06-2014, 07:55 AM
I don't see why this is a big deal... Just more of the outrage mob that is too prevalent in our culture. Who gives a shit what Ratt, Hadad, Bonner think of Lafayette and they certainly shouldn't be fired/have show cancelled. I'm just tired of seeing the mob mentality these days.

Pioneer Dawg
06-06-2014, 07:56 AM

Ding ding ding

dickiedawg
06-06-2014, 10:13 AM

Can you explain to me why Mike Bonner gets lumped in with Stevens here?
I know we have a longstanding tradition of hating our beat writers at the C-L, I don't get it with Bonner. He's actually pretty good at his job, didn't go to Ole Miss and I don't see him making disparaging remarks about Starkville or MSU. Granted, yesterday was the first time I've listened to his radio show so it's not like I know everything he's said or written.

RougeDawg
06-06-2014, 10:16 AM
I can't necessarily say Lafayette would be in my top 300 places to live. It's just another Baton Rouge. A city filled with uneducated fans who never even stepped foot in a classro at the university, but are more obnoxious than finger nails on a chalk board. Yes both fan bases are hospitable to a certain point but turn on the asshole like the flip of a switch. I'm assuming this article praising Lafayette as a top place to live, based on the availability of jobs in the oil field that are based there. Mostly offshore stuff.

TempAccount
06-06-2014, 10:28 AM
^^This^^. I'm still wondering how they lured him away from College Station. Must have laid out some cheese.

I believe Coach Deggs is morally aligned with our head coach. They're both men of faith and this is pure conjecture, but I believe he's the head coach in waiting. We have an associate head coach that we adore who has been around the program for 25 years, but I think once Robe decides to retire, Deggs will take the reins without skipping a beat.

maroonmania
06-06-2014, 10:40 AM
I don't see why this is a big deal... Just more of the outrage mob that is too prevalent in our culture. Who gives a shit what Ratt, Hadad, Bonner think of Lafayette and they certainly shouldn't be fired/have show cancelled. I'm just tired of seeing the mob mentality these days.

Just the touchy, feely society we live in. The only people you can directly rip on in this society and get away with it are white males and Christians. Everything else is off limits because you are not being sensitive and tolerant.

Maroonthirteen
06-06-2014, 10:57 AM

This is my thought. Also, as juvenile as it maybe....f them. Every SEC fan looks down their nose and desparages Starkville. Especially one particular asshole in little rock, who admitted he has never been to Starkville.

CadaverDawg
06-06-2014, 11:14 AM
Just the touch, feely society we live in. The only people you can directly rip on in this society and get away with it are white males and Christians. Everything else is off limits because you are not being sensitive and tolerant.

Yep

Jack Lambert
06-06-2014, 11:23 AM

That doesn't mean you are not hard to understand when you speak.

bluelightstar
06-06-2014, 04:11 PM

I cannot believe it took until Page 4 for someone to point out that is bullshit and part of the "everything is offensive" culture. And half the people who have applauded it in this thread have decried it in other situations.

Guess when it's someone you don't like, it's a lot easier to flip-flop positions.

Maroonthirteen
06-06-2014, 06:21 PM
Does this get Stevens and HeavyDog6 a guest appearance on a WCBI talk show? So they can cry and apologize to the GTR and south LA? Ha!

Todd4State
06-06-2014, 06:38 PM
Can you explain to me why Mike Bonner gets lumped in with Stevens here?
I know we have a longstanding tradition of hating our beat writers at the C-L, I don't get it with Bonner. He's actually pretty good at his job, didn't go to Ole Miss and I don't see him making disparaging remarks about Starkville or MSU. Granted, yesterday was the first time I've listened to his radio show so it's not like I know everything he's said or written.

I don't know how MSU fans in general feel about Bonner. I was lumping him in there because he is a member of the media. His name came to mind first when I was typing the post for whatever reason. It could have been Ben Wait, Gene, Paul Jones, etc.- hence why I said "whoever else". My point was that ANY member of the media- I don't care if they are Grantland Rice or not- should be reprimanded by MSU if they bash MSU.

Todd4State
06-06-2014, 06:39 PM
Does this get Stevens and HeavyDog6 a guest appearance on a WCBI talk show? So they can cry and apologize to the GTR and south LA? Ha!

No- but I bet they think a little bit harder the next time they run their mouth.

paco
06-06-2014, 06:43 PM
There's some interesting commentary on the link to the article. Cajuns are upset with Mississippians. A reb is trying to start something. All over a stupid sportswriter.