PDA

View Full Version : expansion completion

preachermatt83
06-05-2014, 11:49 AM
the outside is about 90% complete. The inside, less than 40%. If they don't get to pulling all nighters I just really worry about meeting the deadline.

The Croom Diaries
06-05-2014, 11:52 AM
Meh, I've been apart of a ton of construction projects and the interior finish always buttons up really fast. It's just a lot easier to install little stuff when you don't have to worry about safety, moving it with a crane, getting the right equipment in place, etc.

preachermatt83
06-05-2014, 11:56 AM
Meh, I've been apart of a ton of construction projects and the interior finish always buttons up really fast. It's just a lot easier to install little stuff when you don't have to worry about safety, moving it with a crane, getting the right equipment in place, etc.

That's kindof what I was thinking.. Sure hope so.

State82
06-05-2014, 01:43 PM
Weather is no longer an issue at this stage, for the most part. But, there is a lot of work to do in 10 weeks or so and they don't seem to have much of a sense of urgency so maybe they feel like they have it under control. I thought we would be seeing work around the clock at some point, and we still might.

smootness
06-05-2014, 01:47 PM
It's going to get done, they obviously have much more knowledge of what is still left and the timeframe than we do. I wouldn't worry about it.

Political Hack
06-05-2014, 01:51 PM
It's going to get done, they obviously have much more knowledge of what is still left and the timeframe than we do. I wouldn't worry about it.

true. should start coming together quickly. be cool to watch on the link at the top of the page.

jumbo
06-05-2014, 02:04 PM
random question that I'll put here because it sort of makes sense: how often does the construction cam refresh it's picture?

Political Hack
06-05-2014, 02:37 PM
supposed to be constant. but I have yet to see anyone on that platform.

Leroy Jenkins
06-05-2014, 02:43 PM
random question that I'll put here because it sort of makes sense: how often does the construction cam refresh it's picture?

Based on what I can tell from the shadows, looks like 15-20 min refresh rate. Possibly as low as 10.

jumbo
06-05-2014, 03:06 PM
supposed to be constant. but I have yet to see anyone on that platform.

well everyone is either standing in the exact same spot for a long time, or it is not constant

DawgSaint
06-05-2014, 03:07 PM
86 Days until kickoff....can't get here fast enough!

DawgHouseUnited
06-06-2014, 08:31 AM
well everyone is either standing in the exact same spot for a long time, or it is not constant

I agree with Leroy, I think it refreshes around every 15 minutes- it's not a live feed. The outside is looking good, watching them do the skeleton work on the video board.

QuadrupleOption
06-06-2014, 08:36 AM

I think it'd be pretty sweet if someone at the school posted a time-lapse video of the stadium construction.

jumbo
06-06-2014, 08:39 AM
I think it'd be pretty sweet if someone at the school posted a time-lapse video of the stadium construction.

IWWI

Cowbells
06-07-2014, 12:27 PM
Was in Starkville the other day and drove by the stadium. It is overwhelming how awesome the stadium is looking. Totally feels like a different place. One thing you can't help but notice, though, is how dirty the new stands make the older ones look. Anybody know if there are plans to paint and/or pressure wash the old stands?

TheRef
06-07-2014, 12:29 PM
Was in Starkville the other day and drove by the stadium. It is overwhelming how awesome the stadium is looking. Totally feels like a different place. One thing you can't help but notice, though, is how dirty the new stands make the older ones look. Anybody know if there are plans to paint and/or pressure wash the old stands?

I know this has been discussed ad nauseum but I don't believe there will be any plans...we'll just have to live with it.

Cowbells
06-07-2014, 01:06 PM
I know this has been discussed ad nauseum but I don't believe there will be any plans...we'll just have to live with it.

Maybe they're counting on time....and the students....to dirty up the new section to match the old. Guess it really doesn't matter much when it's full, but when empty, it's certainly a distraction on the eyes. Regardless.....looking forward to what's shaping up to be a great football season! Cannot wait!

HSVDawg
06-07-2014, 01:13 PM
There's really nothing they can do to match the stands. The east and west grandstands aren't even the same type of concrete. If I recall correctly, they have the larger rock chunks (almost like pea gravel) acting as the base material like most all concrete structures that were built 80-100 years ago. As the new concrete ages, it will fade in color to more closely match the existing grandstands, although I think there will always be a noticeable difference. However, it won't be noticeable at all when there are 61,000 people in the stadium for TV, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

CadaverDawg
06-07-2014, 01:19 PM
There's really nothing they can do to match the stands. The east and west grandstands aren't even the same type of concrete. If I recall correctly, they have the larger rock chunks (almost like pea gravel) acting as the base material like most all concrete structures that were built 80-100 years ago. As the new concrete ages, it will fade in color to more closely match the existing grandstands, although I think there will always be a noticeable difference. However, it won't be noticeable at all when there are 61,000 people in the stadium for TV, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

The aggregate doesn't really have much to do with it. The cement in the concrete is what makes it gray. If they pressure washed the old concrete it would lighten it up a good bit, but it would still be different looking. When the crowd is filling it in, you won't be able to tell old from new, and after a few years of weather and crowds, the new will begin to match the old

Quaoarsking
06-07-2014, 01:26 PM
This thread again...

Dawg61
06-07-2014, 01:52 PM
This thread again...

Lol

Cowbells
06-21-2014, 11:44 AM
Might be seeing things, but looks like they are power washing the lower west side this morning???? (On cam)

jbjones
06-21-2014, 12:27 PM
A guy that I know that lives close to me is the big crane operator on this project. I asked him last weekend what he thought about the completion date. He said, and I paraphrase, "no f*ing chance". He had mentioned that supervisors were getting fired weekly. I forgot to ask him how long it'll take before they start 24s. I haven't seen him all weekend, so perhaps that time has come. I don't know...the deadline is nearing, but it's really starting to take shape, so who knows.

RichardHarrow
06-21-2014, 12:31 PM
I asked someone in the athletic department if it would be ready in time. The response was "It has to be, the seats are sold." But in looking at it today, I don't see it happening. There is still a lot of work to be done on the Northeast side.

mparkerfd20
06-21-2014, 01:13 PM
Someone was pressure washing it Thursday when I went in there.

FISHDAWG
06-21-2014, 01:30 PM
interior finishes have been going for a while now ... in the grand scheme of things this isn't a really large project. And in my extensive experience, crane operators know very little about scheduling, punch list, contractual clauses, or other pertinent issues. This is a well known GC that has made a good name for themselves ... unless weather related delays are a factor, this project will open on time .... it goes something like this - slightly behind = 10 hour work days .... well behind = 10 hour days and Saturdays ..... way behind = 24 hr days (multiple shifts) ...... all depends on the contractual penalty clause

MSUMatt
06-21-2014, 01:35 PM

But you have to consider that people will have the stands filled up so a lot or the bench fading stuff won't be noticed.

State82
06-21-2014, 01:41 PM
interior finishes have been going for a while now ... in the grand scheme of things this isn't a really large project. And in my extensive experience, crane operators know very little about scheduling, punch list, contractual clauses, or other pertinent issues. This is a well known GC that has made a good name for themselves ... unless weather related delays are a factor, this project will open on time .... it goes something like this - slightly behind = 10 hour work days .... well behind = 10 hour days and Saturdays ..... way behind = 24 hr days (multiple shifts) ...... all depends on the contractual penalty clause

Pretty much spot on.

SheltonChoked
06-21-2014, 02:26 PM
If it is not finished, the penalty clause or liquidated damages was not high enough. If they were smart it would be linked to lost revenue, plus some.

TheRef
06-21-2014, 02:27 PM
If it is not finished, the penalty clause or liquidated damages was not high enough. If they were smart it would be linked to lost revenue, plus some.

Maybe it is....we don't know the details of the contract.

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-21-2014, 02:40 PM
It will be TIGHT. Im not sure it will be 100% completed opening game.
That doesnt mean it cant be used. Im talking about small ticky tacky things.

Things NO GC gets dinged for on LDs.

bulldawg28
06-21-2014, 03:27 PM

That old coloring is like your first kiss you don't want to wash it off. You wear it as long as you can.

PassInterference
06-21-2014, 05:33 PM
Shirley they'll have at least the minimum done on time - places to sit, air conditioning, restrooms, concessions.

PendingTransaction
06-21-2014, 06:48 PM
Shirley they'll have at least the minimum done on time - places to sit, air conditioning, restrooms, concessions.

If not, I'm sitting in Scott's box.

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-21-2014, 06:53 PM
It'll be done unless we get some crazy weather Id say.

TheRef
06-21-2014, 07:02 PM
It'll be done unless we get some crazy weather Id say.

We have one more trough moving through. After that, I think it's only your usual summertime showers.

War Machine Dawg
06-21-2014, 07:19 PM
We have one more trough moving through. After that, I think it's only your usual summertime showers.

So, 21 straight days of rain in July? Cause that happened one summer when I was in Starkville. 2005, I think.

ShotgunDawg
06-23-2014, 10:59 AM
Can we past this to the top of the board?

THE STADIUM WILL BE READY ON TIME, SO PLEASE STOP CREATING THREADS ABOUT WHAT YOUR BROTHER'S FRIEND'S MOTHER SAID ABOUT THE STADIUM

David H Murray ‏@DawgsBiteMag 16m
per Gene's interview with Scott Stricklin: "Stadium expansion is being wrapped up right now. The contractor will turn it over on Aug 20th."

FISHDAWG
06-23-2014, 11:08 AM
well done shotgun ... although I had a tornado wipe out a large academic bldg here in Georgia when it was about 65-70 % complete .... #startalloveragain