PDA

View Full Version : New OOC Football Opponent

TheRef
06-05-2014, 08:35 AM
A new OOC opponent will be named at 1:00 PM CDT via Scott Stricklin. Any guesses?

FISHDAWG
06-05-2014, 08:40 AM
Northwestern ?

starkvegasdawg
06-05-2014, 08:46 AM
We're going to buy JSU some red uniforms and then schedule them.

smootness
06-05-2014, 08:50 AM
Here are my guesses by conference:

If it's ACC - Maryland
If it's B12 - Texas Tech
If it's B10 - Indiana
If it's P12 - Arizona

TheRef
06-05-2014, 08:53 AM

If it's ACC - Maryland
If it's B12 - Texas Tech
If it's B10 - Indiana
If it's P12 - Arizona

If it's TTU, hold onto your wives, Gentlemen. Eggs will be dropping like crazy for Kliff Kingsbury.

Westdawg
06-05-2014, 08:59 AM
I hope it is not TTU. That offense is now clicking on most all cylinders and within another year they will be able to score at will. kingsbury is recruiting very well for that offense now. Don't want to see them during reg season EVER.

smootness
06-05-2014, 09:02 AM
I hope it is not TTU. That offense is now clicking on most all cylinders and within another year they will be able to score at will. kingsbury is recruiting very well for that offense now. Don't want to see them during reg season EVER.

As long as Geoff Collins sticks around, I'm not worried. Defense will always trump offense, especially if the offense is gimmicky.

mic
06-05-2014, 09:02 AM

If it's ACC - Maryland
If it's B12 - Texas Tech
If it's B10 - Indiana
If it's P12 - Arizona

ACC- Syracuse
B12- Iowa State
P12- Arizona
B10- Northwestern

mic
06-05-2014, 09:07 AM
If it's TTU, hold onto your wives, Gentlemen. Eggs will be dropping like crazy for Kliff Kingsbury.

It doesn't need to be TT.. That game should go to Texas AM or Mizzu if the SEC plays them.
I don't think it will be a Big 12 team.
Arizona seems like the logic choice with Byrne being there, but I hope we go for a lesser opponent . (Indiana, Maryland, Syracuse)

Goat Holder
06-05-2014, 09:11 AM
Arizona

PassInterference
06-05-2014, 09:16 AM
As long as Geoff Collins sticks around, I'm not worried. Defense will always trump offense, especially if the offense is gimmicky.

Good. Let's be even less worried by finding a cupcake instead of TT.

Covercorner2
06-05-2014, 09:18 AM
NC State

smootness
06-05-2014, 09:19 AM
Good. Let's be even less worried by finding a cupcake instead of TT.

I think Texas Tech would be a decent OOC opponent to play. They're ok but nothing special. They're in that second tier above programs like Iowa State, Indiana, etc. But in today's game, you just never know how good a school will be a few years out.

Look at Duke and Baylor. Those would have been seen as easy wins a few years ago...now, not so much.

Coach34
06-05-2014, 09:21 AM
Totally random guesses:

Utah
Arizona State
kansas
Maryland
Boston College

CadaverDawg
06-05-2014, 09:22 AM
North Carolina

dickiedawg
06-05-2014, 09:32 AM
I'm assuming this is for a home and home with a BCS-level opponent.

Just reread Bonner's list of possibilities for 2016 and Arizona almost makes TOO much sense.

Washington would be a good opponent and I'd love a trip to Boston College.

Jack Lambert
06-05-2014, 09:51 AM
I just hope it's not a Big 12 school where we play in Houston. If we are going to play at one of those kick off games I hope it is in Atlanta. Be nice it it was with Arizona or Indiana.

Jack Lambert
06-05-2014, 09:52 AM
[Look at Duke and Baylor. Those would have been seen as easy wins a few years ago...now, not so much.[/QUOTE]

and they will be again.

Dawg61
06-05-2014, 09:55 AM
I promise you we want nothing to do with Texas Tech. KK offense is too good.

curmudgeon
06-05-2014, 09:57 AM
It's going to be TCU.

Political Hack
06-05-2014, 10:08 AM
NC State

as orchestrated by the SEC... gotta get that North Carolina TV market pulled in.

DudyDawg
06-05-2014, 10:09 AM
I'm pretty sure Bama and Syracuse already have a home and home, though I don't know what seasons. If they are the same years we are talking about, it won't be Syracuse. They won't schedule two SEC teams

smootness
06-05-2014, 10:09 AM
I promise you we want nothing to do with Texas Tech. KK offense is too good.

I just don't buy this. I don't know why anyone would be scared of them. Kingsbury was a QB at TT under one of the most gimmicky offenses of all-time. It put up crazy numbers and won games, but every time they faced a legitimate defense, they lost.

Then he was OC for one year at A&M, where he had two elite stud OTs, a beast of a WR, and Johnny Manziel at QB.

His offenses are going to put up points and big-time stats, everyone should expect that. But I'm guessing his teams won't play defense, since that is a trademark of the teams he's been involved in, and I'm guessing his offense will look different when playing a great defense.

War Machine Dawg
06-05-2014, 10:12 AM
as orchestrated by the SEC... gotta get that North Carolina TV market pulled in.

Definitely a Carolina team, whether it be NC, NC State, Dook, or Wake. Also wouldn't be surprised if it's Virginia, VA Tech, or Maryland. Smart money is still on 'Zona, though.

mparkerfd20
Notre Dame. **

sandwolf
I hope it is a home and home with somebody in a cool location......Utah, Colorado, one of the Arizona or Washington schools, Boston College, etc.

sandwolf
06-05-2014, 10:15 AM
Definitely a Carolina team, whether it be NC, NC State, Dook, or Wake. Also wouldn't be surprised if it's Virginia, VA Tech, or Maryland.

I would also be ok with any of these......but I hope that it is a home and home, instead of a kickoff classic.

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-05-2014, 10:15 AM
I hope it isnt TT. Lubbock may be the worst town in america

War Machine Dawg
06-05-2014, 10:16 AM
Notre Dame. **

I'd kill for this. We'd stomp a mud hole in that overrated, overhyped ass and walk it dry.

TheRef
06-05-2014, 10:21 AM
Maine part deaux.*****

DudyDawg
06-05-2014, 10:25 AM
UCF**

dawgs
06-05-2014, 10:30 AM
I hope it is a home and home with somebody in a cool location......Utah, Colorado, one of the Arizona or Washington schools, Boston College, etc.

Pullman is NOT a cool location. I guess you can stay in couer d'laine (however you spell it?) and drive a couple hours, but as cool/awesome/fun the pacnw is west of the cascades, it's the complete opposite east of the cascades.

preachermatt83
06-05-2014, 11:09 AM
zona

Dawg61
06-05-2014, 11:09 AM
No thanks. We don't need to prove shit to anyone. We have plenty of those opportunities already built into our schedule.

http://youtu.be/jlOKkV45Hmc

Reason2succeed
06-05-2014, 11:24 AM
What do you have against Houston? I'll take a Houston game over any of the home sites of any Big 12 schools. Plus, I live in Houston.

Goat Holder
06-05-2014, 11:28 AM
Remember that 2016 is probably going to be a 1-year deal with somebody, probably a kick-off classic or something. Stricklin said they are in the works for a 2017/18 home/home with someone. Not sure which one they are announcing.

Westdawg
06-05-2014, 11:34 AM
I am out here near Lubbock. Kingsbury has made it known that he wanted to build the offense, and begin to build up his defense with skem quality TX kids and fill in holes with solid juco. He is well on his way. I have seen so many tunnel screens since he came to TT that it makes me have nightmares. The guy is not souch gimmicky as he is explosive and fast pace

dawgs
06-05-2014, 11:37 AM
I am out here near Lubbock. Kingsbury has made it known that he wanted to build the offense, and begin to build up his defense with skem quality TX kids and fill in holes with solid juco. He is well on his way. I have seen so many tunnel screens since he came to TT that it makes me have nightmares. The guy is not souch gimmicky as he is explosive and fast pace

Some folks probably still think the west coast offense is a gimmick.

Wildcat shit is a gimmick. HUNH spread (running or passing based) is NOT a gimmick. The passing version has been around for years (bills Super Bowl teams of the 90s did it), and the read option version has been around for nearly a decade now and still successful.

engie
06-05-2014, 11:41 AM
What do you have against Houston? I'll take a Houston game over any of the home sites of any Big 12 schools. Plus, I live in Houston.

Houston is not in the power5 and would not satisfy the new SEC scheduling requirement...

smootness
06-05-2014, 11:48 AM
The reason I called what TT used to run gimmicky is because it mostly was, and it was proven by the fact that they couldn't run it successfully against good defenses. If you run the ball 5 or 6 times a game, you have a gimmick offense.

I'm not necessarily saying that what Kingsbury is doing now is the same thing, because I'm honestly not completely sure. What I feel fairly confident about is that their defense won't be very good and will be weakened by their offense and that they will struggle to replicate their offense against really good teams.

Of course he says he wants to build up the offense and then build up the defense. Every coach says they want to win championships, etc. And I'm sure he'll put a decent product on the field at TT. I just don't quite understand why everybody thinks Kingsbury is suddenly a genius who is going to destroy everyone.

dawgs
06-05-2014, 11:59 AM
The reason I called what TT used to run gimmicky is because it mostly was, and it was proven by the fact that they couldn't run it successfully against good defenses. If you run the ball 5 or 6 times a game, you have a gimmick offense.

I'm not necessarily saying that what Kingsbury is doing now is the same thing, because I'm honestly not completely sure. What I feel fairly confident about is that their defense won't be very good and will be weakened by their offense and that they will struggle to replicate their offense against really good teams.

Of course he says he wants to build up the offense and then build up the defense. Every coach says they want to win championships, etc. And I'm sure he'll put a decent product on the field at TT. I just don't quite understand why everybody thinks Kingsbury is suddenly a genius who is going to destroy everyone.

I wish we could gimmick our way to 10+ Ws multiple times like they did with leach.

Also, how many "traditional" offenses look great against really good Ds? I hate when people point out a top notch D shut down a "gimmick" offense but neglect the fact that they shut down offenses of all styles.

Hell, Bama is considered to be consistently the best D over the last half decade or so, and when they've struggled it's tended to be against a "gimmick" offense like a&m and auburn. If anything, we should be gimmick'ing our offense to speed things up like a&m and auburn just for the Bama game if for no other reason.

Dawg61
06-05-2014, 12:02 PM

I didn't say we couldn't beat them. That has nothing to do with it. The point you're missing is that ANY team in the top 40 in RPI shouldn't get scheduled by us EVER. We don't need them. Last year we finished #2 in the nation in scheduling strength. That means our schedule was the second MOST DIFFICULT in all of college football. I'd say we need to lighten it up some.

dawgs
06-05-2014, 12:06 PM
I didn't say we couldn't beat them. That has nothing to do with it. The point you're missing is that ANY team in the top 40 in RPI shouldn't get scheduled by us EVER. We don't need them. Last year we finished #2 in the nation in scheduling strength. That means our schedule was the second MOST DIFFICULT in all of college football. I'd say we need to lighten it up some.

Well when you aren't a big dog on a good conference, that means you are playing a lot of big dogs in the conference, so there's always a built in bias on SoS to rank mid to low tier big 5 schedules much tougher than upper tier big 5 schedules.

HereComesTheSpiral
06-05-2014, 12:07 PM
Houston is not in the power5 and would not satisfy the new SEC scheduling requirement...

I think he is talking about the city.

RTO Dawg
06-05-2014, 12:15 PM
Did I hear something about Notre Dame?

TheRef
06-05-2014, 12:16 PM
It's officially Arizona.

Brett McMurphy
@McMurphyESPN
#Arizona, #Mississippi State schedule home/home series, source told @espn; 2022 at UA, 2023 at MSU

HSVDawg
06-05-2014, 12:23 PM
8 years out; thats a long way. Pretty good chance that neither Mullen or Rich Rod are still coaching at MSU and Zona at that time. Wonder if we have anything lined up for 2016/2017 yet?

Dawg61
06-05-2014, 12:24 PM
It's officially Arizona.

Brett McMurphy
@McMurphyESPN
#Arizona, #Mississippi State schedule home/home series, source told @espn; 2022 at UA, 2023 at MSU

10 years later we'll say this was stupid

RTO Dawg
06-05-2014, 12:25 PM
Ill be in another tax bracket by then....I may go

TheRef
06-05-2014, 12:26 PM
10 years later we'll say this was stupid

ARIZONA'S SO GOOD!!! WHY DID WE SCHEDULE THEM????? [Insert AD name here] is so stupid!!! ************************

Political Hack
06-05-2014, 12:28 PM
Still the Ninja. Still the Grasshopper.

I do like that this obviously wasn't originated in the SEC office and our admin actually had some control over who was scheduled (at least a decade from now).

starkvegasdawg
06-05-2014, 12:40 PM
Hope it is not an early season game. August in Arizona...no thank you.

Dawg61
06-05-2014, 12:42 PM
I wonder how Rich Rod thinks about this? Last time he coached vs Mullen he got his ass kicked bad.

Covercorner2
06-05-2014, 12:43 PM
Hope it is not an early season game. August in Arizona...no thank you.

August in MS is worse than August in AZ...

HSVDawg
06-05-2014, 12:44 PM
I don't think it really matters if its August or October, it's Arizona. It will be hotter than shit no matter what.

TheRef
06-05-2014, 12:45 PM
September for both.

September 10, 2022 for Tuscon
September 9, 2023 for Starkville

Also there's this:

Matthew Stevens
@matthewcstevens
Spoke to @stricklinMSU & he said MSU also has game contracts for 2018-21 but won’t announce those opponents until later this summer.

12:43pm ? 5 Jun 2014 ? TweetDeck

Covercorner2
06-05-2014, 12:45 PM
I don't think it really matters if its August or October, it's Arizona. It will be hotter than shit no matter what.

Nooooo.... Unless its the middle of the summer the weather out there is awesome, especially Fall and Spring...

smootness
06-05-2014, 12:49 PM
Still the Ninja. Still the Grasshopper.

I do like that this obviously wasn't originated in the SEC office and our admin actually had some control over who was scheduled (at least a decade from now).

Wait, huh? Are you trying to suggest that this was Byrne showing that he's better than Stricklin?

starkvegasdawg
06-05-2014, 12:51 PM
August in MS is worse than August in AZ...

Not completely sure I agree with that. I have been in both. While they don't have the humidity...when its 115 outside it doesn't matter too much. That's hotter than hell. I remember when I stepped out of the car there was a breeze blowing too and it felt like I was inside a convection oven. To me the difference is the fact that when you're in AZ you can drink water and keep going. In MS with the humidty there is just no coping with it. You sweat but that just makes you feel worse.

Martianlander
06-05-2014, 12:53 PM
Kansas

dickiedawg
06-05-2014, 01:00 PM
Interesting. I guess we're looking for a dance partner for 16-17, and we'll be set for the next decade.

Covercorner2
06-05-2014, 01:03 PM
Not completely sure I agree with that. I have been in both. While they don't have the humidity...when its 115 outside it doesn't matter too much. That's hotter than hell. I remember when I stepped out of the car there was a breeze blowing too and it felt like I was inside a convection oven. To me the difference is the fact that when you're in AZ you can drink water and keep going. In MS with the humidty there is just no coping with it. You sweat but that just makes you feel worse.

Its not 115 in August in AZ. It is in June and July (hence middle of summer), but you don't play football then. In early September it'll probably be low 90s/high 80s with zero humidity. I am from MS and lived in AZ for two years...

starkvegasdawg
06-05-2014, 01:11 PM
Its not 115 in August in AZ. It is in June and July (hence middle of summer), but you don't play football then. In early September it'll probably be low 90s/high 80s with zero humidity. I am from MS and lived in AZ for two years...

Come to think of it, it was July when I was there on vacation.

Dawg61
06-05-2014, 01:13 PM
They won't be playing at 1 in the afternoon. Cools off a lot a night in the desert.

Political Hack
06-05-2014, 01:15 PM
Wait, huh? Are you trying to suggest that this was Byrne showing that he's better than Stricklin?

no. This has nothing to do with Byrne being better than Strick.

SEC issues a rule. Strick calls a buddy and gets a game scheduled. Byrne jumps at the chance to schedule a game 8 years from now against the SEC. Strick is happy because he filled a slot and fulfilled a rule.

Personally I think playing against teams within your recruiting area (Texas, Carolina, Florida, etc...) is more beneficial. Also, a destination where fans will travel to would be nice. And, it's not exactly a marquee matchup for the TV. it's like NC State playing Northwestern. Who gives a damn nationally? overall, it's not horrible. just could've potentially done better given it's 8 years from now.

Dawg61
06-05-2014, 01:21 PM
Maybe we can get the game moved into the Cardinals stadium. That'd be sweet

dawgs
06-05-2014, 01:23 PM
no. This has nothing to do with Byrne being better than Strick.

SEC issues a rule. Strick calls a buddy and gets a game scheduled. Byrne jumps at the chance to schedule a game 8 years from now against the SEC. Strick is happy because he filled a slot and fulfilled a rule.

Personally I think playing against teams within your recruiting area (Texas, Carolina, Florida, etc...) is more beneficial. Also, a destination where fans will travel to would be nice. And, it's not exactly a marquee matchup for the TV. it's like NC State playing Northwestern. Who gives a damn nationally? overall, it's not horrible. just could've potentially done better given it's 8 years from now.

Damn, sounds like we're damned if we do schedule prominent OOC opponents ("we do we play ohio st when we already have Bama and lsu and auburn etc etc etc on te schedule?!?!?!!??!?!?!11!1?1!") and damned if we don't schedule prominent OOC opponents ("but tv isn't chomping at the bits for this matchup!!!!!!1!111!1111!!!!").

As for recruiting, Arizona may not be a huge recruiting hot bed for us, but they have a pretty good juco system and we've signed some juco guys from there before.

As for the fans, I'll fly down to Tucson for a long weekend. It's a cool town, lots of outdoor activities around, cool old west towns, a huge airplane graveyard, Sonoran f'ing hot dogs, hot chicks everywhere. You could even extend your trip a few days either before or after and rent a car to drive up to the Grand Canyon and the other sites up in the northern half of the state (if I remember right, the drive from Tucson was like 5 hours to the Grand Canyon, So easily doable in half a day, then do the sites for a few days and head back).

smootness
06-05-2014, 01:23 PM
I don't buy the whole 'in your recruiting area' argument much, or scheduling single games to expand your recruiting territory.

If we go play a horrible NC State team on the SEC Network, there aren't going to be a bunch of kids in NC who suddenly know Mississippi State and want to play here.

dawgs
06-05-2014, 01:25 PM
Maybe we can get the game moved into the Cardinals stadium. That'd be sweet

Tucson is much cooler than Phoenix though, and the stadium wouldn't be in a suburban parking lot miles from everything. The only positive about the cardinals stadium is it's much nicer. But then you'd lose the campus atmosphere. I'd prefer to have the on campus experience.

Political Hack
06-05-2014, 01:49 PM
I don't buy the whole 'in your recruiting area' argument much, or scheduling single games to expand your recruiting territory.

If we go play a horrible NC State team on the SEC Network, there aren't going to be a bunch of kids in NC who suddenly know Mississippi State and want to play here.

unless they're already being recruited and are interested. like I said though, it's not a horrible game. Just doesn't accomplish much and it's weird to me to schedule a non-marquee game 8 years from now. May just be a change in the winds with the new TV contract and SEC scheduling rules though.

smootness
06-05-2014, 01:55 PM
unless they're already being recruited and are interested. like I said though, it's not a horrible game. Just doesn't accomplish much and it's weird to me to schedule a non-marquee game 8 years from now. May just be a change in the winds with the new TV contract and SEC scheduling rules though.

My guess is that when the new rule was announced, Stricklin and Byrne talked, and that was probably the earliest that a home/home made sense for both. I'm sure they knew they would schedule each other at some point, so this means that at least for 2022-2023 we don't have to worry about the OOC opponent.

dawgs
06-05-2014, 02:00 PM

Games get scheduled 8-10 years out all the time. And with the potential "division IV" looming and the non-conference rules and 9 conference games and conference challenges being discussed like in basketball, schedules are going to start tightening up fast IMO. I'd rather be set well in advance instead of scrambling last minute and taking a bad deal, like a 2-for-1 or playing a "neutral" site game in a power program's backyard.

Bothrops
06-05-2014, 02:21 PM
Don't we have to play a power 5 team, or two before the next decade starts?

engie
06-05-2014, 02:23 PM
Don't we have to play a power 5 team, or two before the next decade starts?

We are. They are supposedly already on the schedule beyond 2016...just not officially announced yet...

ghostofjackie
06-05-2014, 02:33 PM
We are. They are supposedly already on the schedule beyond 2016...just not officially announced yet...

If they are already on the schedule, what is the purpose of holding back the announcement?

Political Hack
06-05-2014, 02:36 PM
Games get scheduled 8-10 years out all the time. And with the potential "division IV" looming and the non-conference rules and 9 conference games and conference challenges being discussed like in basketball, schedules are going to start tightening up fast IMO. I'd rather be set well in advance instead of scrambling last minute and taking a bad deal, like a 2-for-1 or playing a "neutral" site game in a power program's backyard.

With the SEC TV money, no member institution will be crying for a matchup. they can pay for it if needed. scheduling a home and home negates that need and allows the Ath Dept to pocket more $, which is ultimately their #1 goal. So for that purpose, it makes sense. I just personally don't like scheduling a ho-hum national game a decade out. If it was Notre Dame or FSU, then I get it. Scheduling a toss up against a non-traditional program from the west coast a decade from now just doesn't excite me. sorry.

smootness
06-05-2014, 02:41 PM
With the SEC TV money, no member institution will be crying for a matchup. they can pay for it if needed. scheduling a home and home negates that need and allows the Ath Dept to pocket more $, which is ultimately their #1 goal. So for that purpose, it makes sense. I just personally don't like scheduling a ho-hum national game a decade out. If it was Notre Dame or FSU, then I get it. Scheduling a toss up against a non-traditional program from the west coast a decade from now just doesn't excite me. sorry.

I don't think it's supposed to excite you. It's just something we're doing, and the announcement was made. I'm not sure why it has to either be positive or negative. It's just a thing that we're doing.

dawgs
06-05-2014, 02:52 PM

It doesn't matter, ND, f$u, and the like aren't to excited about a home and home with msu right now. And they have plenty of money so we aren't gonna be buying them. We want to lock up games against mid to low tier big 5 programs in home and home contracts, and that's what we did.

I'd prefer to lock them up early instead of paying for a game against a low tier big 5 last minute.

BulldogBear
06-05-2014, 03:14 PM
If they are already on the schedule, what is the purpose of holding back the announcement?

I'm going to say that this is because it will be announced as part of the ACC-SEC handshake stuff. All these will be anounced together. So, I'm guessing ACC OOC for 2018-21.

BulldogBear
06-05-2014, 03:16 PM

We'll be playing 9 SEC games before this series with Arizona. I know they schedule these things 8-10 years out all the time in college sports. But that also potentially means a series may not get played. There's a lot of change coming before 2022. There are therefor tons of reasons this series may not even happen. It's just the the other side of the coin with a schedule so far in advance with so many variables coming before then.

dawgs
06-05-2014, 03:39 PM
We'll be playing 9 SEC games before this series with Arizona. I know they schedule these things 8-10 years out all the time in college sports. But that also potentially means a series may not get played. There's a lot of change coming before 2022. There are therefor tons of reasons this series may not even happen. It's just the the other side of the coin with a schedule so far in advance with so many variables coming before then.

Well of course, it's probably 50/50 that games scheduled this far out actually happen. BUT I'd rather have one on the books for now than take a wait and see approach and then be scrambling. If situations change and it makes sense for us to back out sometime in the next 8 years, the we can do that.

BulldogBear
06-05-2014, 05:52 PM

Lived in the similar climate of New Mexico for a while in 90s. Sure, it gets hot and DRY. Keep hydrated and we'll be all right. Nothing I experienced in the desert compared to the misery of humidity + heat of the South. Wildcats will be Mildcats on hot sultry early September Saturday.

BulldogBear
06-05-2014, 05:56 PM
Well of course, it's probably 50/50 that games scheduled this far out actually happen. BUT I'd rather have one on the books for now than take a wait and see approach and then be scrambling. If situations change and it makes sense for us to back out sometime in the next 8 years, the we can do that.

Absolutely agree. I HOPE it does happen. Some say it's not exciting.... and I guess they're right. But, it's still interesting to me because it's not the usual suspects. I liked when we scheduled OSU, BYU, Oregon, GT, WVU for H/H series. I just wish the last four had been at times we were competitive.

dawgs
06-05-2014, 06:14 PM
Absolutely agree. I HOPE it does happen. Some say it's not exciting.... and I guess they're right. But, it's still interesting to me because it's not the usual suspects. I liked when we scheduled OSU, BYU, Oregon, GT, WVU for H/H series. I just wish the last four had been at times we were competitive.

Agreed. I like traveling to different places for games. I love New Orleans as much as the next guy, but I also like varying up road trips. (Yes I kno Nola doesn't have a big 5 program, but everyone always wants to schedule Tulane as a OOC for a nice trip for the fans)

RougeDawg
06-05-2014, 06:26 PM
Agreed. I like traveling to different places for games. I love New Orleans as much as the next guy, but I also like varying up road trips. (Yes I kno Nola doesn't have a big 5 program, but everyone always wants to schedule Tulane as a OOC for a nice trip for the fans)

And just a stagger down the old street for me now that they moved the stadium back on campus.

BulldogBear
06-05-2014, 07:21 PM
No more Superdome? How did I miss this?