PDA

View Full Version : Maurice Smitherman committing?

Big4Dawg
06-04-2014, 02:48 PM
http://247sports.com/Player/Maurice-Smitherman-33790

It was between us and Clemson, but he dropped Clemson today and added Georgia, Florida, and Bama.

Looks like a great pick-up hopefully.

FISHDAWG
06-04-2014, 02:52 PM
wow - the guy has been offered by almost every major program ... a player with only 3 stars getting that kind of attention ... just goes to show how much the stars actually mean ..... sometimes I think the stars follow after the offer instead of before

CadaverDawg
06-04-2014, 02:59 PM
Nice!!

ShotgunDawg
06-04-2014, 03:36 PM
He is supposedly visiting campus tomorrow.

thf24
06-04-2014, 03:52 PM
wow - the guy has been offered by almost every major program ... a player with only 3 stars getting that kind of attention ... just goes to show how much the stars actually mean ..... sometimes I think the stars follow after the offer instead of before

In this case I'm thinking the knock on his rating is probably his height, but I'd say the stars follow the offer about half the time, if not more.

smootness
06-04-2014, 03:59 PM
In this case I'm thinking the knock on his rating is probably his height, but I'd say the stars follow the offer about half the time, if not more.

Yep, apparently he didn't have many offers after last year, either, also because of his height. He tore up the camp circuit, and he got the offers. I'm guessing his rating will gradually increase, especially if he can prove this year on the field that his camp performance was legit.

elitedawgs
06-05-2014, 09:51 AM
Is this Byron Devinner's nephew?

smootness
06-05-2014, 09:53 AM
Is this Byron Devinner's nephew?

I don't know, but Steve is now saying we may lose Smitherman because of State fans trying to be funny to Devinner on social media.

I could never be a college coach, in any sport.

engie
06-05-2014, 10:11 AM
I don't know, but Steve is now saying we may lose Smitherman because of State fans trying to be funny to Devinner on social media.

Steve making a big deal out of nothing? And in the meantime blowing up a non-story that hurts MSU with a kid? Say it ain't so**

War Machine Dawg
06-05-2014, 10:14 AM
Steve making a big deal out of nothing? And in the meantime blowing up a non-story that hurts MSU with a kid? Say it ain't so**

I have no idea why that assclown, along with Matty Dispatch, haven't been blackballed by our AD yet. We literally have no one with a pair of balls in charge.

PMDawg
06-05-2014, 11:12 AM

He is the 7th highest rated 3 star (per 247). The difference between him and a 4 star is negligible. Look at the number ratings next to the star. 247 has him as an 89, and their composite score is just shy of 89. Anything around 90 or higher is a really good player.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-05-2014, 11:24 AM

I don't think they're trying to be funny. DeVinner is a piece of shit that went on the radio and attacked MSU and a kid that he was supposed to have the best interest for. Why is DeVinner now getting a pass?

maroonmania
06-05-2014, 11:48 AM
I don't think they're trying to be funny. DeVinner is a piece of shit that went on the radio and attacked MSU and a kid that he was supposed to have the best interest for. Why is DeVinner now getting a pass?

Well we all know that Steve and Gene will defend DeVinner to the death.

preachermatt83
06-05-2014, 11:51 AM

This

sandwolf
06-05-2014, 12:02 PM

No question that the guy is a scumbag. But apparently, the Smitherman family is very close to Devinner, and the fact that MSU fans are harassing him on twitter is having a negative impact on our recruitment of Smitherman. And from what I have gathered, Devinner is pretty tight with some top recruits on a pretty consistent basis, which is probably why the coaching staff has decided to give the guy a pass. And if the staff has decided that giving him a pass is the best thing to do, then the fans should follow their lead and just ignore the guy.