PDA

View Full Version : LaStella

msstate7
06-04-2014, 01:58 PM
This kid has impressed me. His defense has been way better than I expected and his bat is just what I expected.

I'd move him to leadoff and jhey to 5th. Jhey keeps hitting but he can't drive anyone in bc no one seems to be on for him. I'd go with this lineup:

LaStella
Bj
Ff
Jup
Jhey
Gattis
Cj
Simmons

Irondawg
06-04-2014, 02:13 PM
I'd be down with that and agree La Stella's defense is much better than I expected

smootness
06-04-2014, 02:36 PM
Heck to the no on BJ hitting second. I realize he's hit much better the last two weeks, but I'm not putting him there until he proves on a monthly basis he can get on base. Even in TB, he was barely a .300 OBP guy. I don't want that anywhere near the top of my lineup.

Our best lineup, to me, is still Heyward-Justin-Freeman-Gattis-BJ/CJ, etc. That worked really well last year, and I don't know why we ever changed it. I want my best hitters at the top of my lineup, regardless of who is a 'run producer', etc.

I'd settle for something like Heyward-La Stella-Justin-Freeman-Gattis.

msstate7
06-04-2014, 02:45 PM
Heck to the no on BJ hitting second. I realize he's hit much better the last two weeks, but I'm not putting him there until he proves on a monthly basis he can get on base. Even in TB, he was barely a .300 OBP guy. I don't want that anywhere near the top of my lineup.

Our best lineup, to me, is still Heyward-Justin-Freeman-Gattis-BJ/CJ, etc. That worked really well last year, and I don't know why we ever changed it. I want my best hitters at the top of my lineup, regardless of who is a 'run producer', etc.

I'd settle for something like Heyward-La Stella-Justin-Freeman-Gattis.

Bj's hitting a lot better lately. When he gets on he's such a threat to steal that ff gets plenty of fastballs. For now I'm ok with bj 2nd, but he has to keep being the bj over the last 2-3 weeks. We only have 3 lefties, so I wanna break them up

MS_half-step
06-04-2014, 03:02 PM
La Stella's been up for a week, let's pull the reins back just a little. He has been impressive and light years above the former, but how many times have we seen a guy tear it up the first few weeks only to scuffle once the book is out on him. Let him stay at 7 for now where he can see some pitches.
Sorry to be a wet blanket.

msstate7
06-04-2014, 03:25 PM
La Stella's been up for a week, let's pull the reins back just a little. He has been impressive and light years above the former, but how many times have we seen a guy tear it up the first few weeks only to scuffle once the book is out on him. Let him stay at 7 for now where he can see some pitches.
Sorry to be a wet blanket.

Ride em while he's hot. If he cools off move em back down. So if we do it and we don't score well we aren't scoring anyway.