PDA

View Full Version : Bear/Landshark/Rebels reality

notsofarawaydawg
06-04-2014, 10:37 AM
Say it isn't so

ESPN article on their thin offensive line issues (http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/83891/golson-transfer-leaves-ole-miss-thin-at-ol)

Pollodawg
06-04-2014, 11:22 AM
I'm sure they'll all howl and scream about how this reporter is just jealous that nothing at Auburn can come close to the majesty of drinking Natty Lite and eating cold chicken tenders under the trees......

Coach34
06-04-2014, 11:53 AM
good, honest article

BeastMan
06-04-2014, 11:55 AM
They should boycott ESPN

mic
06-04-2014, 12:04 PM
I agree... They have a good starting 11 on both sides of the ball.. Problem they have and its a BIG one is the 2nd 11.
WR - Thin ( check out the roster and I know they will all say Pack is the greatest ever , but they are very inexperienced here )
CB- Very Thin ( esp if Tee doesn't get in. They all say he will in July , but its strange that he is back in Cali.) Yes they have very good safetys but can they cover.????
OL- Probably the thinnest in the SEC ( one or 2 injuries and they become Sun-Belt ish....)

and Im sure Edward Aschoff will prepare a rebuttal soon....

M.Fillmore
06-04-2014, 12:25 PM
Imagine how thin they would be if they hadn't "recruited" Tunsil.

I'd still like to see the NCAA sniff that one and a few others out, but I have my doubts. As usual, the BearSharks will skate.

sandwolf
06-04-2014, 12:27 PM
I agree... They have a good starting 11 on both sides of the ball..

I dont know that they have a good starting OL. Tunsil is obviously a stud, and Aaron Morris should be solid (assuming he fully recovers from the injury and can get in shape)......but beyond those two they seem to have a bunch of question marks, and typically that doesn't work out very good in this league. Golson transferring hurt them in a big, big way.

Jack Lambert
06-04-2014, 12:48 PM
["Tunsil and Morris are expected to form an imposing duo on the left side"] Gimp Legs but on a serious note you have to wonder are they going to be mentally healed after their injuries.

thf24
06-04-2014, 01:03 PM
CB- Very Thin ( esp if Tee doesn't get in. They all say he will in July , but its strange that he is back in Cali.) Yes they have very good safetys but can they cover.????

If that's true, then the chance of him playing for OM this year just dropped to next to nothing. Although his requirements weren't nearly as insurmountable as others we've heard about in the past, he needed to put in credits every term. If he's not taking classes this term, then it's a pretty sure bet he's given up. I may sound like a homer for saying this, but my suspicion all along was that this would be the result. Not because he couldn't do the work, but because he's a guy who's obviously prone to changing his mind, and has an easy out if he does.

However, the possibility exists that he's simply been told he has nothing to worry about, which wouldn't surprise me a whole lot.