PDA

View Full Version : Why haven't we offered Malik's buddy Daimond Stone?

fishwater99
06-04-2014, 09:58 AM
Ray better be on this guy or he is dumber than I think...
It would be huge if we could land these two in a package deal... Might just save Ray's job too...

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/high-school/2014/05/31/newman-stone-package-deal/9801783/

ESPN drops Newman to #3 prospect... But still #1 guard..

Stone is #4 prospect

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/recruitingreport/2014/06/03/malik-newman-espn100/9914191/

Thick
06-04-2014, 10:42 AM
I really don't know, but he is aware of their friendship and their desire to play together.

Raytoraid83
06-04-2014, 10:47 AM
Our best chance to get Malik was when we tried to get him to reclassify in the spring, which is why Ray left that scholarship open for so long. That ship has sailed and add in the fact that Brooks feels like he has been played by Horatio. The chances of getting Malik now are .000001%.

Homedawg
06-04-2014, 10:48 AM
Ray better be on this guy or he is dumber than I think...
It would be huge if we could land these two in a package deal... Might just save Ray's job too...

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/high-school/2014/05/31/newman-stone-package-deal/9801783/

ESPN drops Newman to #3 prospect... But still #1 guard..

Stone is #4 prospect

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/recruitingreport/2014/06/03/malik-newman-espn100/9914191/

Well he can offer him- but it wouldn't matter. Stone isn't comin here. Newman probably isn't either, but at least he lives in our state and we had a small in w him.

CadaverDawg
06-04-2014, 12:59 PM
No room. Better prospects on our board.

Goat from MSU
06-04-2014, 02:07 PM
That Quote will get engie and smoot on your butt are you ready for that.
No room. Better prospects on our board.

CadaverDawg
06-04-2014, 02:15 PM
That Quote will get engie and smoot on your butt are you ready for that.

Haha, yep, I said it in sarcasm just to try and rile those boys up.

Thick
06-04-2014, 02:28 PM
"Danny's is proud to present on the main stage, Diamond Stone"!!!

smootness
06-04-2014, 02:31 PM
Haha, that's not going to rile me up.

Obviously landing two top 5 players would be unbelievably massive on an insane scale for Mississippi State basketball.

But one, you're making the assumption that we haven't offered when you don't know that. Two, you're assuming Stone is that heavily swayed by Newman.

I can essentially guarantee you that there is no way we could ever get Newman and Stone to be a package deal to State. If anything, the fact that they apparently want to play together at the next level is bad for State. Newman is considering State (and we don't really know how seriously) only because he's from MS, his dad played here, and Ray is on him like crazy. Stone has no reason to seriously consider State other than the fact that Newman might come; I seriously doubt that would be enough to sway him.

These aren't lifelong best friends. They're kids from across the country who have played together some and like playing together. Stone is much more likely to convince Newman that he needs to go play at Kentucky or Kansas or Duke than Newman is to convince Stone to come to State.

maroonmania
06-04-2014, 02:33 PM
Our best chance to get Malik was when we tried to get him to reclassify in the spring, which is why Ray left that scholarship open for so long. That ship has sailed and add in the fact that Brooks feels like he has been played by Horatio. The chances of getting Malik now are .000001%.

So you're saying there's a chance.

Dental Dawg
06-05-2014, 08:44 AM
For what it is worth, I was told about the package deal over 6 months ago. I called a friend who had connections to the basketball staff. I told him to tell the coaches that they wanted to play together. This would have given them the early jump on the package deal. After all, it could not hurt to start recruiting Diamond Stone. Long story short, I don't know if they did shit or not. Now everyone and their mother knows they want to play together.

fishwater99
06-05-2014, 05:09 PM
Stone is not showing an offer from us...