PDA

View Full Version : Fallou Ndoye Highlights

Ifyouonlyknew
06-03-2014, 05:24 PM
The school released his practice highlights like they did with Travis Daniel.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bJNZTZQ3BlM&feature=youtu.be

CadaverDawg
06-03-2014, 05:35 PM
#Stud

Coach34
06-03-2014, 05:56 PM
that was encouraging. Looks like a good shot blocker

engie
06-03-2014, 05:58 PM
#Gonnabeworsenextyear

FINALLY a backup 5 that can give us fouls and defense. Anything we get from him offensively while he's spelling Ware is a bonus.

Dawg61
06-03-2014, 06:20 PM
Lots of potential and he's immediately our best shot-blocker, pretty surprised by that shooting touch on the 15 footers.

DanDority
06-03-2014, 06:56 PM
I'm glad he moves better than big John. I'm not impressed with the 3 and I maybe wrong but I thought I may have seen a couple extra steps in there on a couple moves.

BeardoMSU
06-03-2014, 08:49 PM
I really don't care if he can score. We need a post defender that can guard picks and rebound the ball, and it looks like he can be the guy to do it, similar to what Jarvis did his sophomore year. It would be nice to see some line-ups with him and Gavin playing together, that way Gavin can play the 4.

MaxedOutMaroon
06-03-2014, 10:51 PM
A big advantage to a post man is control with his back to the rim. He seems to have this. If he will learn to keep the ball over his head when smaller defenders are on him not always pump, he could be a Tim Duncan type for us (obviously not as good, but an average Duncan post player is good in college ball). This excites me, cause Gavin Ware lacks control

tcdog70
06-03-2014, 11:10 PM
I like how he shoots with either hand.Nice video, he looks good.nice baby hook

thf24
06-03-2014, 11:22 PM
He's still a little raw by D1 standards, but it's obvious that he got a lot more instruction on post fundamentals and technique at Findlay than we're used to most of our big men having coming in. Moves well too. If he continues to put on weight, I think he could be an offensive force by the time he's a junior or senior. It goes without saying that he'll help us a lot on defense and rebounding. I've said this several times already, but some among us will be surprised at just how much our team defense improves simply by having adequate size two deep in the frontcourt.

smootness
06-04-2014, 09:11 AM
I really like that we're putting these videos out to at least get fans talking about basketball and see that there is some potential there.

The thing that surprised me was his size. He looks like a basketball player now, not like a scrawny kid.

I think he's a smoother athlete than some expected as well. Regardless of what he gives us offensively, his presence on the court alone just gives us a totally new dynamic.

MaxedOutMaroon
06-04-2014, 09:14 AM
I've said this several times already, but some among us will be surprised at just how much our team defense improves simply by having adequate size two deep in the frontcourt.

I agree with this. I believe Ray knew the team would only improve marginally from the first year, so saved a year for many of the guys. I think it'll work out for him. I will be excited for an NIT berth but that's so far out that I'm not even making a prediction

smootness
06-04-2014, 09:21 AM
What we can determine from Daniels' and Ndoye's videos is that they will help us and look the part of legitimate players. Obviously you don't see the mistakes in these videos, so we don't know how consistent they'll be or where their biggest flaws are, but Daniels will give us an athletic guy who can knock down jump shots, and Ndoye gives us what we've been sorely lacking, which is a real inside presence on defense.

I would guess Daniels starts, and he could even be our top offensive option. And I think Ndoye is the first guy off the bench, who could work his way into the starting lineup eventually.

But a lineup of:
Ware
Daniels
Sword
Thomas
Ready

is not bad at all, especially when you have some legitimate options like Ndoye and Roq Johnson in the frontcourt to come in off the bench and give you size when you need it.

mic
06-04-2014, 09:49 AM
he will make our defense better from day one when he plays , not only defending the 5 but defending the rim.. Just like Jarvis did , he will allow us to play tighter man to man and we don't have to worry about getting beat off the dribble so much and having them drive then lane for an easy shot or layup because we will have a defensive presence there.
Also help in minutes for Ware and Roq
Anything he adds on offense will be a plus. And yes I could see a lot of minutes with him at the 5 and Ware at the 4.

smootness
06-04-2014, 09:58 AM
he will make our defense better from day one when he plays , not only defending the 5 but defending the rim.. Just like Jarvis did , he will allow us to play tighter man to man and we don't have to worry about getting beat off the dribble so much and having them drive then lane for an easy shot or layup because we will have a defensive presence there.
Also help in minutes for Ware and Roq
Anything he adds on offense will be a plus. And yes I could see a lot of minutes with him at the 5 and Ware at the 4.

Yep, he'll allow us to press a little harder on the perimeter and take a few more chances, both of which we know Ray likes to do.

Political Hack
06-04-2014, 10:28 AM
he's got soft hands for a big man. this is honestly the first time I've even been a little excited about next year. if he can be a good trash man offensively, hit faced up open 12 footers, make free throws, and play defense like he does in that video we may be ok.

Still need outside shooters to have a chance to be good, but he's a huge piece of what was missing last season.

smootness
06-04-2014, 10:31 AM
he's got soft hands for a big man. this is honestly the first time I've even been a little excited about next year. if he can be a good trash man offensively, hit faced up open 12 footers, make free throws, and play defense like he does in that video we may be ok.

Still need outside shooters to have a chance to be good, but he's a huge piece of what was missing last season.

Nope, should have picked up a warm body from Sanderson and given them a scholarship. If you sign a guy who can't play year 1, their career will be worthless, even if they give you 4 full years.

Right, 61?

mic
06-04-2014, 10:31 AM
Yep, he'll allow us to press a little harder on the perimeter and take a few more chances, both of which we know Ray likes to do.

Yes.. Also will make the extended 2-3 zone much better..

Offshore Dawg
06-04-2014, 02:52 PM
Will the Dawgs finally have a full roster next season on the court.

msstate7
06-04-2014, 03:00 PM

We better or ... -- 61

Did if for you, buddy

smootness
06-04-2014, 04:04 PM

Yes, we absolutely will. Will we have all 13 scholarships filled on next year's team? I have no idea. But we will certainly have a full roster, as much as anybody else in the country.

SR - Roq Johnson, Bloodman
JR - Ware, Sword, Thomas, Daniel, Zuppardo
SO - Ready
FR - Ndoye, Houston, Black, Dunlap

That's 12, and that is a full roster. I get that we would have one more scholarship to give (Ray may or may not fill it between now and then), but it is as much of a full roster as any college team will actually use in a season.

And it doesn't count guys like Moore, Prater, or Staley who will probably play some small role.

engie
06-04-2014, 04:12 PM
Staley will probably play a lot more than a small role...

smootness
06-04-2014, 05:02 PM
Staley will probably play a lot more than a small role...

We'll see, he could. But even if he redshirts in football, I don't expect him to play basketball until the spring. I would think Mullen wants him with the football team during football season.

Then he'll have to come in and get acclimated. He's a better basketball player than Wilson, for sure, but if the team has developed some chemistry by that point, I'm not sure Ray is going to want to break that up for a true freshman who hasn't been playing with the team.

Irondawg
06-05-2014, 12:23 AM
Everyone has to keep in mind this was a highlight video - if you put together a highlight video of Marcus Campbell you would be having All-SEC lottery pick chatter. That said, he looked better than I expected him too. His mid-range form isn't terrible and he uses both hands to finish around the rim. He also appears to work hard for position in the post which i liked to see.

He's clearly our best shot-blocking option and if his average level of play is anything like his video then I could potentially see him starting at the 5. now if coaches thing he's going to foul out in 15 minutes then he'll come off the bench for sure.

I'm not ready to say we're going to be any good, but with this video and Daniels video I'm at least curious about the basketball team this year.