PDA

View Full Version : MSU Mt. Rushmore for the 2013-2014 Sports Seasons (big three only)

Political Hack
06-03-2014, 11:39 AM
I'll have to say that I'd have to go ahead and wipe basketball off my list, but please feel free to add which we four you'd like.

Mullen
Dak
Holder
Pirtle

I'm back and forth on Holder and Lindgren, but with the saves record I think Holder gets the edge.

drunkernhelldawg
06-03-2014, 11:43 AM
These have not been Mt. Rushmore type seasons. I might put a defensive player on there before Dak, but I think we're in the wrong state for Mt. Rushmore. Maybe they need to be The Duck Hill Four.

DudyDawg
06-03-2014, 11:56 AM
Fred Thomas' flat top. Not Fred though

Political Hack
06-03-2014, 12:13 PM
These have not been Mt. Rushmore type seasons. I might put a defensive player on there before Dak, but I think we're in the wrong state for Mt. Rushmore. Maybe they need to be The Duck Hill Four.

yeah, I get that. but we only get to do this once per yet so no matter how crappy the year is, we get a annual mt Rushmore. post season in 2 sports... could be worse.

ScoobaDawg
06-03-2014, 12:17 PM
Swap Womens Basketball for Men.. they will do a lot better.

Dawg61
06-03-2014, 12:51 PM
Nikoe for creating #wallacing
Dak for bringing heisman buzz
Ross Mitchell
Pirtle for breaking the consecutive OB record
Maybe Women's golf for finishing 5th nationally

drunkernhelldawg
06-03-2014, 12:58 PM
Johnathan Holder
Nickoe Whitley
Coach Rick Ray
Brad Pirtle or Gabe Jackson

Holder is still one of the best closers in college baseball history. Whitley made big play after big play, the biggest being the strip that won the Egg. Coach Ray for keeping things moving in a positive direction in the face of unprecedented negativity. Also, don't want Mullen on there for last season because this is the big season for football coming up. Same with Dak, not to mention that Dak played very little last season. Jackson and Pirtle put it all out there every time. Take your pick.

BrunswickDawg
06-03-2014, 12:59 PM
Nikoe for creating #wallacing
Dak for bringing heisman buzz
Ross Mitchell
Pirtle for breaking the consecutive OB record
Maybe Women's golf for finishing 5th nationally

This is a year we may need to open it up to all-sports. I don't think you can ignore what Ally McDonald is doing for the WG program. How many US Open qualifiers has MSU ever had? And she is coming back for her SR season. We could be looking at our first non-frisbee golf NC next year...

dickiedawg
06-03-2014, 01:37 PM
Dak
Martha Alwal
Jacob Lindgren
Chris Jones

LC Dawg
06-03-2014, 01:38 PM
Nickoe Whitley
Gabe Jackson
Brad Pirtle
Jonathan Holder

Political Hack
06-03-2014, 02:38 PM
Nickoe Whitley
Gabe Jackson
Brad Pirtle
Jonathan Holder

I like this list a lot too. Hard to not put Gabe on there and Nickoe certainly deserves it. Should've had him over CDM on my list.

hacker
06-03-2014, 03:02 PM
Gabe
Nickoe
Dak
Chris Jones

**** the other sports

LC Dawg
06-03-2014, 04:58 PM
I like this list a lot too. Hard to not put Gabe on there and Nickoe certainly deserves it. Should've had him over CDM on my list.

Dak's time is coming, so is Chris Jones's and some others, but when I look at last years season I think of Nickoe and Gabe. They've played four years and been here five and went to four straight bowl games. Gabe started every game of his career. Nickoe came back from two major injuries. When you're sitting at 4-6 and need to win 2 to get bowl eligible you've got to have guys like this and I'm glad we had them.