#23. Florida
#25. Mizzou
#33. MSU
#34. A&M
#42. UT
#44. Vandy
#63. Arky
#70. UK

My thoughts on the rankings http://3rdand57.com/dissecting-athlons-sec-rankings/

What yall think? About right? Completely off?

smootness
06-03-2014, 10:31 AM
The weird thing to me about Athlon is that if you look at their individual player and group position rankings within the SEC, they don't like the makeup of our team nearly as much as Lindy's does...but then they have us ranked 10 spots higher than Lindy's. I guess it goes to show you that they probably have different people doing the national rankings vs. the conference awards/position rankings, and it probably also shows you they don't put a whole lot of thought into the whole thing.

Lindy's has our DL #1, our LB #8, and our secondary #3 in the SEC. Athlon doesn't have any of those groups higher than 7th in the conference, I don't think. And they think just as poorly of our WR/OL/RB as Lindy's does.

Political Hack
06-03-2014, 10:36 AM
I can promise you there's not that much distance between the Dawgs and the Plainsmen.

blacklistedbully
06-03-2014, 10:39 AM
Gonna sound like a homer, but I truly believe they have us too low. We should be significantly higher than TAMU, and higher than OM, who is flirting with disaster on their O-line. I also think other teams are gonna look at how we played OM defensively and use it as a blueprint. Sure, Sunshine may be able to throw it downfield more this year, but the last time he could do that he was an INT machine. And they are going to find out just how valuable Moncrief was to CBS.

With what we have coming back relative to the rest of the West, we should absolutely contend for the SEC West this year. Contending for the SEC West means contending for the SEC. And we all know what contending for the SEC means from a national perspective.

Jack Lambert
06-03-2014, 11:20 AM
Gonna sound like a homer, but I truly believe they have us too low. We should be significantly higher than TAMU, and higher than OM, who is flirting with disaster on their O-line. I also think other teams are gonna look at how we played OM defensively and use it as a blueprint. Sure, Sunshine may be able to throw it downfield more this year, but the last time he could do that he was an INT machine. And they are going to find out just how valuable Moncrief was to CBS.

With what we have coming back relative to the rest of the West, we should absolutely contend for the SEC West this year. Contending for the SEC West means contending for the SEC. And we all know what contending for the SEC means from a national perspective.

They are just trying to generate readers and that is how they come to their conclusions.