PDA

View Full Version : I just get the feeling the confederates

gravedigger
06-03-2014, 09:43 AM
Get the job done in Lafayette and get to Omaha. They have the right pitching and hitting to make it happen.

Ull will give them a tough series but in the end I think om is the better club.

Won't bother me either. Focused on vacation and fall football now.

Goat Holder
06-03-2014, 09:48 AM
I don't know about that. ULL's field is 10' longer in the alleys and center than Ole Miss', so we've got that going for us. Plus, ULL 'attacks', which is the opposite of Bianco-ball. He takes more a Polk approach. They are going to have to out-hit ULL, and they haven't been hitting as well lately. As far as intangibles, both teams seem to to have them this year. If it's a close game, I might give the edge to Ole Miss. But then again you have the choke factor, which I believe is lower this season for the bears. ULL has been there before though, I don't think they'll be quite as 'edgy'. Field conditions obviously favors ULL with the turf and all.

If they do get to Omaha, they'll have to contend with Virginia and TCU on their side of the bracket, and we all know not many homers are hit up there. Sucks Orifice will be hitting a lot of lazy fly balls.

starkvegasdawg
06-03-2014, 10:14 AM
It seems to be that Ull that did not get a lot of hits but got a lot of two out clutch hits. Had we not walked the world and thrown the wild pitches those last two games would have been much different. I still think ULL may be slightly overrated and we just let the pressure get to us and succumbed to it...especially when the umps started squeezing our pitchers big time. I'll be honest, I won't be surprised if TSUN goes down there and wins the super regional. It may take them three games but they are more than capable to doing it. I hope not but it is a definite possibility.

Jack Lambert
06-03-2014, 10:28 AM
ULL beat us last night not because of a lot of balls hit. It was a hit batsman and three wild pitches. Take those back and we win 3 to 2.

FISHDAWG
06-03-2014, 10:35 AM
since the rest of the country gets us confused they might think we are returning ..... #cruitin

Dawg61
06-03-2014, 10:49 AM
ULL is tough to beat on that fake turf. They've learned how to play on it. From the bounces the catchers get to legging out singles and putting down bunts ULL knows all the subtleties on that turf. In front of an all red crowd and getting home cooked umps mixed in with the advantage they get knowing that turf and building a team to play on it I just don't see Ole Miss taking them down. Once ULL gets anybody on base they score.

maroonmania
06-03-2014, 02:34 PM
The OM offense in Hoover and during the regional has really slowed down. I don't believe they can beat ULL down there scoring 3 or 4 runs per game. OM pitching is pretty good but its not good enough to totally shut down the ULL offense because ULL can score runs in so many different ways.

Goat Holder
06-03-2014, 02:40 PM
Yeah, Bianco's team/style is built to get them to Omaha through Oxford. They really f*cked up when they didn't secure that national seed. Literally another 2 or 3 games and they have it. Of course, they've been damn lucky this year in many of their other wins. They didn't do well in Hoover, and I doubt they'll do well in Omaha if they make it.

Our team is built similarly (in regards to our own field), but it just turns out that our style works better in Hoover/Omaha. Unfortunately, we fell just short in talent and dropped a lot of those close games needed to host. Oh well.

M.Fillmore
06-03-2014, 05:34 PM
And if Washington doesn't make a HUGE baserunning error between 3rd and home they would have won to force a winner take all game and the Bears might be packing their gear now.

dawgindothan
06-03-2014, 05:54 PM
Possible but odds are against it imo. ULL is 57-8 for a reason. Asking any team to beat them 2 out of 3 on their home field is a tall task.