PDA

View Full Version : Jay White says Cohen made the big mistake

CadaverDawg
06-03-2014, 06:33 AM
By not starting Lindgren. I pretty much agree with him in hindsight. You're a first team All SEC caliber player....I don't care if you feel better as a reliever, we NEED you to step up and start the biggest game of the year. Put your big boy pants on and get over your silly mental block. We went an entire Regional without throwing our best arm until we were in a hole.

I know it wasn't popular, but Lindgren has to nut up and ask for the ball to start that game. It may not have changed anything, but the more I think about WHY he didn't start, the more pissed I get. Same problem the whole team had this year....lack of stones

Thoughts?

DownwardDawg
06-03-2014, 06:36 AM
Most on this board thought Lindgren should start. He was put in too late also.

msstate7
06-03-2014, 06:40 AM
I thought laster should've started. I think the mistake was not going to lindgren when it was runners on1st and 2nd

Original48
06-03-2014, 07:01 AM
I thought laster should've started. I think the mistake was not going to lindgren when it was runners on1st and 2nd
I'm in this camp.

TheRef
06-03-2014, 08:03 AM
Put me in the camp with 48 and 7. How were we supposed to know that two arms that are usually reliable would go hay-wire? Especially Lindgren. For the past couple of games he has been LIGHTS OUT as a pitcher and had a 19/0 K/BB ratio. With a sub-1 ERA, we couldn't have expected his pitches to be THAT off last night. And give Collins credit, with the exception of the first one that was his fault for letting it get by him, he was fighting behind the dish to keep more runs from coming in. Then, he showed off the cannon of an arm he has to pick off two guys and almost a third. If Collins can get a little bigger behind the plate, we might have ourselves a catcher for the ages.

Saltydog
06-03-2014, 08:05 AM
prone to being wild and that Collins struggles to catch him......It ultimatley costs us the game..........

MarketingBully01
06-03-2014, 08:15 AM

Yeah, I think starting Laster was the right decision. Going with Lindgren with the bases loaded was not. They always wait one batter too late to change pitchers and this time it cost them two runs, the game and ultimately the season. Bringing Lindgren in with two guys on and a left handed batter at the plate would have held them to 1 run right there. Huge mistake by Cohen/Thompson.

But I think the even bigger mistake was done the day before. Playing for Monday was not smart either. Once we realized Mitchell didn't have it, we should have yanked him big time in the first inning. They were free swinging Sunday. Imagine Lindgren coming in in the second inning of that game us just down 2-0. We would have had a punchers chance to end it Sunday.

Apoplectic
06-03-2014, 08:21 AM
Bring in holder in the jam instead of lingo

MsStateBaseball
06-03-2014, 08:24 AM
He did fine starting Laster. Lingo is just not a starter. Pitching wasn't the problem last night. Hitting with runners on was the problem. We must hit better than that to advance. Bottom line all year.

blacklistedbully
06-03-2014, 08:27 AM
I'd posted a thread before the Sunday game suggesting it might be a mistake to start Ross Sunday, given ULL had plenty of time to adjust to slower, off-speed stuff versus JSU earlier in the day. Still think we should have held Ross for Monday, if necessary, while bringing in some heat Sunday to switch it up and give Ross a chance to follow speed. By pitching Ross when we did, we took away perhaps his biggest advantage, that of being a dramatic change-of-pace.

Of course, the ridiculous strike zone didn't help either. I had a similar situation in a high school fastpitch playoff game I coached last year. Blue literally told us before the game started that he, "didn't believe in strikes at the corners" so would have a small strike zone. Given our biggest advantage was an all-star pitcher who could locate any pitch on-the-black, and the other team's strength was hitting, it really screwed us over. Our girl literally had to serve up stuff damn near right over the middle.

MarketingBully01
06-03-2014, 08:32 AM
He did fine starting Laster. Lingo is just not a starter. Pitching wasn't the problem last night. Hitting with runners on was the problem. We must hit better than that to advance. Bottom line all year.

Um, when you allow 3 of their 5 runs on wild pitches, walks, and beaned batters that counts for pitching contributed to the problem.

ScottH
06-03-2014, 08:40 AM
First, who is Jay White?

Second, I'm ok with the pitching except the "one batter too late". We held the number one offense in the country to 5 runs in their home park with a Super on the line and an assclown behind the plate.

Third, my problem is offense. In year six, our million dollar coaching staff has underachieved offensively. We put up 3 against a Sunbelt Sunda starter. Three. When Cohen arrived, I thought we would be of of the top offensive teams in the country. I was wrong. Thank god for Butch.

jumbo
06-03-2014, 08:58 AM
I think we might have rushed him into the game actually. I didn't feel like he had enough time to get warmed up in the pen.

Pioneer Dawg
06-03-2014, 09:00 AM
Third, my problem is offense. In year six, our million dollar coaching staff has underachieved offensively. We put up 3 against a Sunbelt Sunda starter. Three. When Cohen arrived, I thought we would be of of the top offensive teams in the country. I was wrong. Thank god for Butch.

We've been given the long list of recruits that are supposed to be studs at the plate for many many moons now. We can all recite the Gordon, Burdick, Mangum, Alexander, Riley, Swinarski, Rooker, Vallot list but that doesn't mean a hill of beans to me anymore. The list used to include Garner, Flair, Humphreys, Hann, Robson, etc...

We have what is considered to be a can't miss stud in Reid Humphreys and he can't crack a lineup that hits nothing but singles because he supposedly "can't hit right handed pitching"...... What the hell? Coach better or get someone who can.

smootness
06-03-2014, 09:05 AM
We've been given the long list of recruits that are supposed to be studs at the plate for many many moons now. We can all recite the Gordon, Burdick, Mangum, Alexander, Riley, Swinarski, Rooker, Vallot list but that doesn't mean a hill of beans to me anymore. The list used to include Garner, Flair, Humphreys, Hann, Robson, etc...

We have what is considered to be a can't miss stud in Reid Humphreys and he can't crack a lineup that hits nothing but singles because he supposedly "can't hit right handed pitching"...... What the hell? Coach better or get someone who can.

No, that list did not used to include Hann and Robson, or Garner really for that matter. And Flair was a bit of an unknown. None of those guys were on the level of Gordon, Burdick, Alexander, Riley, Swinarski, or Vallot as prospects, most of them not even close.

Humphreys was a true freshman. Sometimes true freshmen are able to come in and play really well right away, a la Collins. Sometimes they need some adjustment. You can't judge anything based on a true freshman year.

But it's funny that you left Collins out of your list of guys who were supposed to be great hitters, considering he is much more on the level of the former group than the latter group.

In regard to starting Laster, I think Cohen made the right move. Lindgren has come out of the pen all year, you don't switch that up in the most important game. And no, it's not all about 'stones'. Some guys have a different mentality out of the bullpen than as a starter, it doesn't mean they're mentally weak.

He let Laster go until he got into trouble. We can argue over whether Lindgren should have come in with 2 on instead of 3, but he came in with 2 outs and an 0-1 count; not a bad spot to come in. Just throw a couple of good sliders and we're out of the inning. Lindgren just didn't get it done, but he settled down, and our pitching gave us a chance. We went in with Laster, Lindgren, and Holder, and we couldn't get it done. It is what it is, we just weren't good enough.

CadaverDawg
06-03-2014, 09:09 AM

I'm not buying the "can't hit RH pitching" BS. There aren't many stud leftys in high school baseball, so how did he dominate RH pitching then and just forget all the sudden? It's more of "he's ripping fastballs down the left field line in BP instead of inside outing them off of the L-screen like I ask"-Cohen

Pioneer Dawg
06-03-2014, 09:13 AM
I'm not buying the "can't hit RH pitching" BS. There aren't many stud leftys in high school baseball, so how did he dominate RH pitching then and just forget all the sudden? It's more of "he's ripping fastballs down the left field line in BP instead of inside outing them off of the L-screen like I ask"-Cohen

Gold, Jerry. Gold.

smootness
06-03-2014, 09:13 AM

Yeah, Cohen is notorious for purposely weakening our team by making up excuses as to why he isn't playing better players. Good grief, some of you people are insane.

I really like Humphreys and think he's going to be really, really good, hopefully as soon as next year. But he hit .240 when he did play with 16 Ks in 58 ABs. It's not like he was ripping the ball and we just pulled him out for no reason. He showed the potential for pop but only had 2 XBH himself. He needed adjusting to the college game. He should be fine next year.

Irondawg
06-03-2014, 09:16 AM
I still think the mistake was not bringing in lingo in the first game to start the third.

CadaverDawg
06-03-2014, 09:17 AM
Yeah, Cohen is notorious for purposely weakening our team by making up excuses as to why he isn't playing better players. Good grief, some of you people are insane.

Putting words in my mouth? I just said he probably wasnt doing something Cohen wanted of his hitters in practice. That's not a stretch

Goat Holder
06-03-2014, 09:20 AM
That's why we didn't get it done this year. Our best players were not our leaders. A couple of them got soft after last year. End of story.

Shit, all of you all talking about the mistakes Cohen made. Ha, I can't imagine how taxing it is to make these decisions with guys like Lindgren. That guy should have been a 2 year starter for us in the rotation, but he couldn't get it done, so we had to use him any way possible to try and get the best out of him. Damn headcase. Can't coach maturity. Guys like Graveman had it, guys like Lindgren didn't. That forces coaches into unconventional methods.

SallyStansbury
06-03-2014, 09:24 AM

I agree 100% with CadaverDawg here. This point should not be lost. Cohen appears to do well enough and we got some hot pitchers that took us deep last year, so you almost feel guilty complaining about this type of shit or pointing it out. We really didn't lose that badly this year it was close......but please don't let this become a trend. Stud hitters come to MSU and we turn them into inside out singles hitters who are rewarded more for getting hit by a pitch than for ripping/pulling a double down the line. That stings. This is some control freak stuff like Dan Mullen running Perkins between the tackles. We just have to live with it and hope that the good outweighs the bad. If recruiting continues to go well I suppose our talent level rising will mask some of our offensive deficiencies.

Goat Holder
06-03-2014, 09:27 AM
I agree 100% with CadaverDawg here. This point should not be lost. Cohen appears to do well enough and we got some hot pitchers that took us deep last year, so you almost feel guilty complaining about this type of shit or pointing it out. We really didn't lose that badly this year it was close......but please don't let this become a trend. Stud hitters come to MSU and we turn them into inside out singles hitters who are rewarded more for getting hit by a pitch than for ripping/pulling a double down the line. That stings. This is some control freak stuff like Dan Mullen running Perkins between the tackles. We just have to live with it and hope that the good outweighs the bad. If recruiting continues to go well I suppose our talent level rising will mask some of our offensive deficiencies.

Name ONE stud hitter we've recruited that we turned into a single hitter. ONE.

smootness
06-03-2014, 09:28 AM

Why do people keep saying this? Who the heck are the stud hitters we've had that have turned into inside-out singles hitters?

Do people honestly believe Cohen doesn't want guys who drive the ball into the gaps? It's insane. Why does our fanbase turn all of our coaches into caricatures who are control freaks with below-average IQs who purposely make decisions that hurt our team?

maroonmania
06-03-2014, 09:37 AM
Most on this board thought Lindgren should start. He was put in too late also.

And there were some questioning if Lindgren was fully warm when he was brought in. My only comment to that is that Lindgren SHOULD have been warming and staying loose from the first pitch of the game. We knew that is was VERY possible that Laster would not last long and we could not afford to go down big early.

Goat Holder
06-03-2014, 09:37 AM
Why does our fanbase turn all of our coaches into caricatures who are control freaks with below-average IQs who purposely make decisions that hurt our team?

You know the answer to this already. They are people like everybody else. Most people are ignorant sheep. Being ignorant is OK.....until you start voicing your opinion on a subject that you're ignorant on.

CadaverDawg
06-03-2014, 09:48 AM
I'm not saying Cohen turns our hitters into slap hitters. I'm saying if you don't do exactly what he asks in practice, you could be benched even though you're a better hitter than the guy replacing you. Cohen has said several times how players started bc they had a good week of practice. If Humphrey's instincts tell him pull and crush the fastball inner half , while Cohen is telling him to hit everything off the L screen this round....he could be benched for it over a Vick or DA that is hitting things off the screen. Not saying that is what happened or anything else, just saying it's more likely than "can't hit RH pitching", that's all.

Don't lump me in with people adding to what I said

RTO Dawg
06-03-2014, 09:49 AM

The problem was Lindgren couldn't throw a strike early on

Hypnodawg
06-03-2014, 09:54 AM

This 100%. Screaming at the TV didn't seem to change Cohen's mind though.

smootness
06-03-2014, 09:55 AM
I'm not saying Cohen turns our hitters into slap hitters. I'm saying if you don't do exactly what he asks in practice, you could be benched even though you're a better hitter than the guy replacing you. Cohen has said several times how players started bc they had a good week of practice. If Humphrey's instincts tell him pull and crush the fastball inner half , while Cohen is telling him to hit everything off the L screen this round....he could be benched for it over a Vick or DA that is hitting things off the screen. Not saying that is what happened or anything else, just saying it's more likely than "can't hit RH pitching", that's all.

Don't lump me in with people adding to what I said

That just seems like a lot of assumptions and guessing, though. I can't believe Cohen would bench a better hitter because he's ripping balls rather than inside-outing them. Otherwise, wouldn't Rea have been benched early in the year? His problem is that he gets into long stretches where he tries to pull everything.

When I hear, 'he had a good week of practice,' I assume it means that the guy was ripping balls, not that he was doing the situational hitting Cohen was asking for.

CadaverDawg
06-03-2014, 10:06 AM
That just seems like a lot of assumptions and guessing, though. I can't believe Cohen would bench a better hitter because he's ripping balls rather than inside-outing them. Otherwise, wouldn't Rea have been benched early in the year? His problem is that he gets into long stretches where he tries to pull everything.

When I hear, 'he had a good week of practice,' I assume it means that the guy was ripping balls, not that he was doing the situational hitting Cohen was asking for.

If you have been to practice and watched the hitting drills, you wouldnt call it " a lot of assumptions ". If you don't get a bunt down or don't hit up the middle during up the middle drills, you can ride pine for it...especially if you're a youngster.

Just saying, Humphreys can hit RH pitching well enough right now to have cracked our cruddy lineup. But he's not an upperclassman so he doesn't get any wiggle room or room for error.

DownwardDawg
06-03-2014, 11:09 AM
This 100%. Screaming at the TV didn't seem to change Cohen's mind though.

Haha! Never works for me either. I still do it though, mostly during football season. I love Dan Mullen all year until football season. Then I hate him and scream at his stubborn ass thru the tv. Ha

blacklistedbully
06-03-2014, 11:17 AM
Haha! Never works for me either. I still do it though, mostly during football season. I love Dan Mullen all year until football season. Then I hate him and scream at his stubborn ass thru the tv. Ha

Yep. He's more responsible than anyone that we are competitive in most every game, have made bowls 4 years-in-a-row, are attracting better recruits, and are developing players. Yet he is also more responsible than anyone for costing a couple of games a year.

Very frustrating to know he's the reason we've had a chance to win, but also a contributing factor in why we didn't in some games. Hopefully he is learning, and will get better in those areas.

DudyDawg
06-03-2014, 11:30 AM
Zero, absolutely zero, reason to believe Lingo could be effective as a starter. He's proven that to be true time and time again. He's a reliever and thats it. Laster was absolutely the man, especially with his performances down the stretch starting w the Gov cup. That being said, Laster's leash ended up being one batter too long. But I don't want people sitting here complaining about that too much. We had a pitcher who had been effective lately and we gave him the chance to get out of a jam. When he didn't, we gave the ball to our best guy, and who would've though he would be so poor, given his season. We had every right to think he would shut it down even with them loaded. He didn't perform, plain and simple. Cohen could be to blame, but only to a very small degree IMO

drunkernhelldawg
06-03-2014, 11:38 AM
That's why we didn't get it done this year. Our best players were not our leaders. A couple of them got soft after last year. End of story.

Shit, all of you all talking about the mistakes Cohen made. Ha, I can't imagine how taxing it is to make these decisions with guys like Lindgren. That guy should have been a 2 year starter for us in the rotation, but he couldn't get it done, so we had to use him any way possible to try and get the best out of him. Damn headcase. Can't coach maturity. Guys like Graveman had it, guys like Lindgren didn't. That forces coaches into unconventional methods.

Best post in the thread. Damn smart and spot on.

justwin
06-03-2014, 11:52 AM
I strongly disagree.

Cohen has proven to me that his decision making and in-game management are top notch. Lindo is not a starter & he's proven he's more effective from the pen. How many times has Lindo started and not made it an inning vs how many times has he come in relief and been successful...to me that's what the decision was based on and the right move. What hurt Lindo & MSU was two free runs on passed balls/wild pitches. Said differently, if those two pitches are received, then Cohen looks like a genius b/c he brought in his #1 guy to get em out of the toughest of jams. For the most part, Lindo shut down the best offense in the country for several innings including several Ks. What other situation in Lafayette would you have used Lindo? Definitely not the first two games. Maybe you insert him in the 4th in game 3 before/during the 6 run inning?

One other in-game decision that I liked from Cohen was when he chatted with a batter in the middle of an AB. Then, the batter gets on with a hit or walk or something. Just changed the pace..calmed & simplified the situation for the hitter. That worked well. I also like that our guys were aggressive on first pitch on key moments. Case in point was Vick hitting the first pitch after we scored our 3rd run. Obviously, the lazy fly ball was not the best outcome, but I do like attacking a new pitcher and hitting a good pitch. That move is on Cohen and I like that.

Overall, I'm proud of this year's team. They exceeded my expectations and it was a good season in my book. ULL is a hell of club and our Dawgs ran into a buzzsaw this weekend. After watching several of the regionals this weekend, I think they got paired against the best offensive team in the country by far. There is no other team in the country that has the offensive firepower of ULL.

Going into next season, it would be nice to get a better hitting coach to complement Cohen's style. Cohen wearing both hats reminds me so much of Wilson being the DC/DL coach which made both positions worse. Made no mistake, I do think Cohen knows hitting and in game management, but maybe another dedicated hitting coach voice is the last piece of the puzzle to help fine tune some of their mechanics like happy feet or front shoulders flying open as Cohen just can't address everything. Same deal with the Brian Johnson hire to be the QB coach and free up Mullen to be FT OC like he should be. Mullen is beyond coaching the fine tuning of QB and needs to be the guy orchestrating the plays. Cohen is best with in game managing & matchups just like Mullen. For every Frazier / Renfroe one or two year success story, there's just as many stories of guys not evolving like Britton and Rea / Detz this year that you just can't overcome if you want to elevate to a perennial power. We need 7 guys year in and out that can hit. Cohen has proven he can get them to campus.

By not starting Lindgren. I pretty much agree with him in hindsight. You're a first team All SEC caliber player....I don't care if you feel better as a reliever, we NEED you to step up and start the biggest game of the year. Put your big boy pants on and get over your silly mental block. We went an entire Regional without throwing our best arm until we were in a hole.

I know it wasn't popular, but Lindgren has to nut up and ask for the ball to start that game. It may not have changed anything, but the more I think about WHY he didn't start, the more pissed I get. Same problem the whole team had this year....lack of stones

Thoughts?

tcdog70
06-03-2014, 11:58 AM
Bottom Line-You ain't gonna beat ULL scoring 3 runs-95% of the time. Offense Fail. I would said hell yes I'll take ULL having 5 runs scored against Us. We couldn't score DICK on a weak ass pitcher. So we get to carry our no-hitting ASS to the house.

justwin
06-03-2014, 12:00 PM
I agree with this somewhat. I put myself in Cohen's shoes and he does a great job of maximizing the production that his guys produce, stud or not. Take the pitching side of it...Woodruff gave you nothing, Lindo should've been much more, Holder was shaky more than you thought he would've been, Preston Brown got hurt, Ross was forced to be starter, etc....End of the day, our pitching was still good enough to get it done & think it's primarily due to Thompson being an excellent pitching coach.

Now imagine that if we had a complimentary hitting coach like Thompson who is in lock step with what Cohen wants & is able to instruct the guys to do so.

but yeah, our best players did shit the bed.

berr6728
06-03-2014, 05:03 PM
In a nutshell we need a hitting coach and send Mingeone back to running our camps.

yjnkdawg
06-03-2014, 05:18 PM
I think we might have rushed him into the game actually. I didn't feel like he had enough time to get warmed up in the pen.

Agree.

RougeDawg
06-03-2014, 06:38 PM

Well first of all inside outing pitches is more of pulling your hands inside the baseball. This can only happen with a proper swing. Not a swing around your body like most of our hitters. Somewhere the message isn't getting conveyed to our hitters, be it our coaches not teaching the swing or the hitters not listening/practicing it. It doesn't just magically happen to players. There's something inherently wrong with our hitting instruction communication.

I seen it dawg
06-03-2014, 07:14 PM
The problem was Lindgren couldn't throw a strike early on

The problem was Lindgren couldn't get comfortable because of the huge amount of feces in the back of his pants and it made him wild as hell. ****ing nut up first rounder. He should have walked to the mound with an erect penis sticking out of his pants, shaking it at the crowd and letting them know they all are about to get a taste of it. I'd rather have a guy that throws like Ross and acts like he's Nolan Ryan when the game is on the line. You're the damn pitcher. You HAVE to have the biggest stones in the ballpark.

CadaverDawg
06-03-2014, 07:17 PM
The problem was Lindgren couldn't get comfortable because of the huge amount of feces in the back of his pants and it made him wild as hell. ****ing nut up first rounder. He should have walked to the mound with an erect penis sticking out of his pants, shaking it at the crowd and letting them know they all are about to get a taste of it. I'd rather have a guy that throws like Ross and acts like he's Nolan Ryan when the game is on the line. You're the damn pitcher. You HAVE to have the biggest stones in the ballpark.

I'm laughing out loud at this. Hilarious

Oh, and I 100% agree

MarketingBully01
06-04-2014, 02:27 AM
Bottom Line-You ain't gonna beat ULL scoring 3 runs-95% of the time. Offense Fail. I would said hell yes I'll take ULL having 5 runs scored against Us. We couldn't score DICK on a weak ass pitcher. So we get to carry our no-hitting ASS to the house.

You won't win any games when the back half of your lineup. 6-9 goes 0fer. Cohen gambled by putting Vickerson and Brown in and DHing Detz and it bit him in the ass. I am wondering what the score would have been if we had Henderson following Rea at least. Vickerson went 0-4 and really sucks against left handed pitching. Our back half of our lineup 6-9 went 0-12. Won't win any games doing that.

Bubb Rubb
06-04-2014, 07:55 AM
Bring in holder in the jam instead of lingo

This. I would've brought Holder in to get out of the jam and maybe go 2-3 more innings, and then gone to Lingo to finish it out.

Bubb Rubb
06-04-2014, 07:57 AM
You won't win any games when the back half of your lineup. 6-9 goes 0fer. Cohen gambled by putting Vickerson and Brown in and DHing Detz and it bit him in the ass. I am wondering what the score would have been if we had Henderson following Rea at least. Vickerson went 0-4 and really sucks against left handed pitching. Our back half of our lineup 6-9 went 0-12. Won't win any games doing that.

You're not going to win any games walking the park and then throwing wild pitches with the bases loaded. That was the difference in the game.

I realize we didn't hit well, and I realize that has been a struggle for us all year. But sometimes you have to give credit to the other guy, too. Their pitcher had a little something to do with it too.

State82
06-04-2014, 09:14 AM

Ok. There is coffee all over the McDonalds floor now! Quality, classic gold right there. Hall of fame material!

MarketingBully01
06-04-2014, 09:59 AM
You're not going to win any games walking the park and then throwing wild pitches with the bases loaded. That was the difference in the game.

I realize we didn't hit well, and I realize that has been a struggle for us all year. But sometimes you have to give credit to the other guy, too. Their pitcher had a little something to do with it too.

I'll go a step further. Only three of our guys in the lineup recorded hits: Bradford, Pirtle, and the much maligned (although I have no idea why) Rea. Heck and Collins were also 0fer so basically 6 of our 9 batters got nothing done at the plate.

Could you imagine how big a base hit would have been had Henderson got a chance to bat against this lefty after Rea got a double with runners at second and third? He got the big base hit the day before (a double) was a clutch hitter last year and was starting to clutch hit this year. I guess I am okay with Brown playing with a left handed pitcher but Vick should have sat on the biggest game of the year in favor of Henderson. Just a dumb personnel move that led to results that were typical. This very much reminded me of the A&M series too where Vick and Brown were a combined 1-12 in the two games we lost. This time it was just 0-7.

fishwater99
06-04-2014, 10:22 AM
I thought Lindgren should have started on Sunday.
Mitchell has not been pitching well to ground ball hitting teams like LALA...

MarketingBully01
06-04-2014, 11:15 AM
I thought Lindgren should have started on Sunday.
Mitchell has not been pitching well to ground ball hitting teams like LALA...

Yeah, Jackson State screwed Mitchell's ability to be effective. A good ole way for JSU to screw with us again since they were ungreatful for our donation to them. I think without ULL playing JSU Mitchell would have been ultra effective against them.