PDA

View Full Version : Few positives I can draw from the season....

RougeDawg
06-02-2014, 10:20 PM
We were in some tight win or go home ball games with a young core of players. In SEC T and This regional. We played at a pretty hostile alcohol influenced environmey and didn't seem to be phased by it. We got a crop of young players experience in these conditions. Hopefully this prepares them for next year, especially league road series.

No doubt we will miss the experienced guys next year: Ninja, Holder, Detz, Lindgren, Hendo, Armstrong, Heck. But I think the young guys got enough of the "taste" of stiff competition to carry us next year if we can settle on at least 2 starting pitchers. I like the young hitters approaches and at bats. They battle for the most part and make consistent contact. We will need to define the bullpen, mid relief and close, but should set up nicely going into 2015.

The end was disappointing, but overall a pretty good season when looking at all that happened. Should be a good learning and building experience.

CadaverDawg
06-02-2014, 10:21 PM
Hope Holder returns, doubtful though

State82
06-02-2014, 10:46 PM
We were in some tight win or go home ball games with a young core of players. In SEC T and This regional. We played at a pretty hostile alcohol influenced environmey and didn't seem to be phased by it. We got a crop of young players experience in these conditions. Hopefully this prepares them for next year, especially league road series.

No doubt we will miss the experienced guys next year: Ninja, Holder, Detz, Lindgren, Hendo, Armstrong, Heck.

Heck?? Why do you think he is gone?

CadaverDawg
06-02-2014, 10:47 PM

Ha, Heck will definitely return

msstate7
06-02-2014, 10:48 PM

No way. He's solid at ss, but he doesn't have anywhere close to an mlb arm at ss

RougeDawg
06-02-2014, 11:43 PM
Ok, my bad, hopefully Heck does. He makes contact and is solid In the field. He seems like a 5-10 rounder based on age leverage. If he stays better for us. Just thinking about the younger guys. Only question I have is, who receives the difficult task of replacing Pirtle. He's been a staple. Even last year he was a difficult out. Also pitching. I mainly keep up with hitters and we relied heavily on experienced upper classmen guys this year. I ask who carries the staff next year? Laster is there for sure but I don't know who else.

RougeDawg
06-02-2014, 11:45 PM
And I forgot to add. A solid ass ****ing performance by Collins. He dealt with some difficult pitches and only seemed rattled once. He will get better and showed some balls after that one inning. He's a junior "Experience wise" now, and will only help every pitcher.

smootness
06-03-2014, 12:19 AM
And I forgot to add. A solid ass ****ing performance by Collins. He dealt with some difficult pitches and only seemed rattled once. He will get better and showed some balls after that one inning. He's a junior "Experience wise" now, and will only help every pitcher.

Yeah, I have no idea why people think that if Vallot were to come, Collins would change positions. He will be our catcher moving forward, period.

I seen it dawg
06-03-2014, 06:14 AM
Ok, my bad, hopefully Heck does. He makes contact and is solid In the field. He seems like a 5-10 rounder based on age leverage. If he stays better for us. Just thinking about the younger guys. Only question I have is, who receives the difficult task of replacing Pirtle. He's been a staple. Even last year he was a difficult out. Also pitching. I mainly keep up with hitters and we relied heavily on experienced upper classmen guys this year. I ask who carries the staff next year? Laster is there for sure but I don't know who else.

You mainly keep up with the hitters but you call every pitch in the game? And think Heck could leave as a 5-10 rounder? Good thing for you baseball is over or you may keep exposing yourself as not knowing shit about baseball. Your "I know more than all the coaches in America" act is hopefully winding down.

CadaverDawg
06-03-2014, 06:39 AM
Yeah, I have no idea why people think that if Vallot were to come, Collins would change positions. He will be our catcher moving forward, period.

No doubt