PDA

View Full Version : Quick Regional thoughts.....

CadaverDawg
06-02-2014, 09:15 PM
In my opinion, we lost this regional as soon as we let ULL dictate how we play. We knew they had a good offense that could score quickly, but we aren't built that way. As soon as they got a lead, we completely abandoned what has been working for us this year....and that's being patient, drawing walks, hitting grounders and letting them make errors, and getting in to our opponents bullpen with high pitch counts. Nope, instead we swung at a zillion first pitches and hit tons of fly balls, and basically let them dictate everything.

The last few innings we got back to working counts and we scored some runs. Too little too late. Our guys didn't show the mental toughness to go into a hostile environment and win. You have to weather the storm and stick to your game plan, and we didn't.

As many have said, if this is a down year we're in great shape. And to all of those whining about lack of size and power, we'll have much more next year to go with a ball that flies further. Gotta get everyone healthy and work hard in the offseason. Personally, I was spoiled by last season and am not ready for the season to end. Feels weird. But that's the sign of a program on the rise when making a regional Final feels like an early exit.

Thanks to Pirtle, Detz, Henderson, CT Bradford, Lindgren, and all other players that won't be back. You are all good bulldogs. Good season and best of luck going forward.

And to our fans....

#GeauxCajuns
#Dak4Heisman
#5OutOf6

CadaverDawg
06-02-2014, 09:29 PM
Oh, and I hope Holder and Woodruff return. Would like to see them have one more year

CJDAWG85
06-02-2014, 10:44 PM
Great post. Completely agree. Yeah if they return, we have the potential to be very scary next year. Let's also hope the injury bug doesn't come around.

GreatestStory
06-02-2014, 10:53 PM
Thanks for a great time on your forum. Met some cool people here. Everyone was polite and a good fan.

RAYn_Man
06-02-2014, 11:27 PM
It also comes down to ULL using juiced bats and us not.

Dawg61
06-02-2014, 11:33 PM
It also comes down to ULL using juiced bats and us not.

Not gonna lie, I had this same thought about twenty times this weekend. Does anyone actually test the bats before each game or do they just trust everyone is being fair? Not to make excuses but damn we need different bats or something. Come on Adidas. Your bats suck. Lol

RAYn_Man
06-02-2014, 11:46 PM
The ball came off their bat different than any other team we played this year. Anyone notice how they would slam the caps into the ground in between pitches? Didn't want the cap to pop off on the next pitch. I was sold at the end of the 1st game when a guy almost fell over and slapped a ball oppo to the warning track. Not to mention the bats ULL used in the beginning of the season were banned after a month or so.

CajunProud
06-03-2014, 03:52 AM
The ball came off their bat different than any other team we played this year. Anyone notice how they would slam the caps into the ground in between pitches? Didn't want the cap to pop off on the next pitch. I was sold at the end of the 1st game when a guy almost fell over and slapped a ball oppo to the warning track. Not to mention the bats ULL used in the beginning of the season were banned after a month or so.

Juiced bats have definitely helped with the discipline at the plate. And they surely made the 49 bunt singles possible.

Come on. Multiple teams have protested the bats. They've been examined by officials. Nothing illegal going on.

RAYn_Man
06-03-2014, 08:36 AM
ULL went from 18 team homeruns in 2012 to 74 in 2013. Tell me that's not fishy...

CadaverDawg
06-03-2014, 08:47 AM
ULL went from 18 team homeruns in 2012 to 74 in 2013. Tell me that's not fishy...

Wow, that smells

Ole Colony
06-03-2014, 08:59 AM
As I said before Coach Deggs became our hitting coach mid season 2012. He is the reason.

CadaverDawg
06-03-2014, 09:11 AM
As I said before Coach Deggs became our hitting coach mid season 2012. He is the reason.

Ha. A coach makes up 50+ bombs? Riiiight. Don't be naive.

We're not saying it's an excuse for us...we're saying we need to do it too! So no need to defend it. It's quite a drastic jump

ScottH
06-03-2014, 09:15 AM

Ole Colony, a couple of ULL players told me this same thing Friday during our game as we chatted. Nice young men by the way.

We need to hire him then. Todd indicated last night he has baggage. As long as his baggage isn't cruelty to animals, I'm good with him coming on board.

It's time to hit by year 7. For god's sake, we have the highest (or second highest) paid college baseball coaching staff in the country since Butch's well deserved raise.

Robichaux only made 120k as of 2010 so we can easily pay Deggs what would seem like Lotto money. Thanks $EC for the annual check.

smootness
06-03-2014, 09:17 AM
Ha. A coach makes up 50+ bombs? Riiiight. Don't be naive.

We're not saying it's an excuse for us...we're saying we need to do it too! So no need to defend it. It's quite a drastic jump

But very, very easy to do. Just hire RougeDawg and watch the fireworks.

CadaverDawg
06-03-2014, 09:21 AM
But very, very easy to do. Just hire RougeDawg and watch the fireworks.

Hahahaha

Uncle Rico

Drugdog
06-03-2014, 09:53 AM
Not the bats , but the ROIDS. Those guys are on something.

Cajuns99
06-03-2014, 11:37 AM
Roids? Really? Have you ever seen people on roids? We don't exactly have a bunch of juice monkees running around out there. An entire team on steroids? That all manage to fool NCAA drug testing? Our coach has too much integrity for that. Deggs' system and what he believes is formula of the kind of recruit to hit in his system. We might be in the top in homers, but also sac flys and bunts. It's a system, not illegal bats or roids. As much as everyone cries is out, you think we would be stupid enough to do it? We got accused of it at home plate by an opposing coach and Babineaux almost had to be peeled off the guy. Accusing these kids of cheating because they are good is terrible. Heaven forbid a school with a smaller budget have a group of guys work their ass off to achieve something great. No way that could happen, they must be cheating.