PDA

View Full Version : Things to find before next season

msstate7
06-02-2014, 09:08 PM
1. Starting pitching. If we don't have 4 solid starter next season, I think I'll blow a gasket. We have got to pitch deeper in games with starters

2. A better offensive approach. I think our hitters will be much better next season, but we need an identity. We take like crazy one game and then pop up first pitches the next. Find an approach and stick with it.

3. Find another girodo/lindgren. Having a strikeout lefty out the pen is huge.

MetEdDawg
06-02-2014, 09:12 PM
1. Starting pitching. If we don't have 4 solid starter next season, I think I'll blow a gasket. We have got to pitch deeper in games with starters

2. A better offensive approach. I think our hitters will be much better next season, but we need an identity. We take like crazy one game and then pop up first pitches the next. Find an approach and stick with it.

3. Find another girodo/lindgren. Having a strikeout lefty out the pen is huge.

1. I think Fitts, Mitchell, and Laster would be a perfectly fine 1-2-3. They did good this year and all would be seniors next year. We've got plenty of arms and we saw what Tatum can do already. I think we will find a lot of talented youth.

2. We get better offensively via graduation next year. Armstrong and Henderson are replaced full time by Hump, Brown, and Swinarski. Holland will come in and be an immediate impact as well. Should have a better contact/power balance next year.

3. This concerns me. Not sure who it will be. Tatum has that potential. Few others coming in and ones that RS this year. Gonna be trial by fire the first month of the season because we will be young in the bullpen.

Pioneer Dawg
06-02-2014, 09:24 PM
Go all out on offense...

1. Heck - 2B
2. Collins - RF
3. Vallot - C (pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease come play for us Chase)
4. Humphreys - 3B
5. Garner - DH
6. Holland - SS
7. Rooker - 1B
8. Vickerson - LF
9. Robson - CF

MetEdDawg
06-02-2014, 09:29 PM
Go all out on offense...

1. Heck - 2B
2. Collins - RF
4. Humphreys - 3B
5. Garner - DH
6. Holland - SS
7. Rooker - 1B
8. Vickerson - LF
9. Robson - CF

I think Brown > Robson. I know an injury might have derailed him, but Cody Brown is a good baseball player. He will probably start in CF next year.

Maroon Diapers
06-02-2014, 09:30 PM
Go all out on offense...

1. Heck - 2B
2. Collins - RF
4. Humphreys - 3B
5. Garner - DH
6. Holland - SS
7. Rooker - 1B
8. Vickerson - LF
9. Robson - CF

That looks like a mean line up if they're not taught to slap at it.

Pioneer Dawg
06-02-2014, 09:32 PM
I think Brown > Robson. I know an injury might have derailed him, but Cody Brown is a good baseball player. He will probably start in CF next year.
Either one, we'll see who out of those 2 and Vick lefties win the 2 jobs... but that is a mash field lineup

FFF
06-02-2014, 09:42 PM
Go all out on offense...

1. Heck - 2B
2. Collins - RF
4. Humphreys - 3B
5. Garner - DH
6. Holland - SS
7. Rooker - 1B
8. Vickerson - LF
9. Robson - CF

I just don't see Humphreys taking Britton's spot at 3B. If he even becomes a marginally better hitter next year, I think he's more than proven his worth on defense @ 3B.

MetEdDawg
06-02-2014, 09:45 PM
I just don't see Humphreys taking Britton's spot at 3B. If he even becomes a marginally better hitter next year, I think he's more than proven his worth on defense @ 3B.

Realistically, I think we need to expect Collins behind the dish and Hump in RF. I really don't see Vallot making it to campus. I think a more realistic lineup is:

1. Heck - 2B
2. Holland - SS
3. Collins - C
4. Rea - 1B
5. Humphreys - RF
6. Brown - CF
7. Garner/Swinarski/Rooker - DH
8. Vickerson - LF
9. Britton - 3B

Still not a bad lineup

CadaverDawg
06-02-2014, 09:48 PM
Realistically, I think we need to expect Collins behind the dish and Hump in RF. I really don't see Vallot making it to campus. I think a more realistic lineup is:

1. Heck - 2B
2. Holland - SS
3. Collins - C
4. Rea - 1B
5. Humphreys - RF
6. Brown - CF
7. Garner/Swinarski/Rooker - DH
8. Vickerson - LF
9. Britton - 3B

Still not a bad lineup

Bingo. This is your lineup to start next season. And it will be good

CadaverDawg
06-02-2014, 09:51 PM
We need to find the Roids too. Guys like Will Allen going from pudgy little shit to an extra in "Troy", didn't happen just by lifting weights. Our guys are swigging Mountain Dews while other teams are sprinkling protein powder on their Deca needles

Pioneer Dawg
06-02-2014, 09:53 PM
Oh yeah forgot Swinarski!

Heck
Holland
Collins
Vallot
Garner
Humphreys
Swinarski
Brown/Vickerson/Robson
Brown/Vickerson/Robson

State82
06-02-2014, 09:54 PM

I don't either. Britton is a magnum shop-vac at 3rd.

TheRef
06-02-2014, 09:55 PM
Britton has 3B until the day he leaves State. He's THAT good.

CadaverDawg
06-02-2014, 09:57 PM
I don't either. Britton is a magnum shop-vac at 3rd.

Britton is our 100% starter at 3B until he graduates. And Holland better be a damn stud to steal SS from Heck. By the way, how bout a round of applause for Seth F'n Heck! Dude was a stud this year. If Holland is good enough to steal SS, our middle infield will be unreal

msstate7
We need to find the Roids too. Guys like Will Allen going from pudgy little shit to an extra in "Troy", didn't happen just by lifting weights. Our guys are swigging Mountain Dews while other teams are sprinkling protein powder on their Deca needles

Certainly seems that way

I seen it dawg
We need our young power arms to come on. We need to move Fitts and Ross back to the pen where they will e most effective. The new baseballs will hurt those guys some I think. And I'm tired of this shit with Fitts where it's one time thru the lineup the to the pen on Friday nights. We've recruited the pitchers now let's get them out their on the weekends. Tatum, Hudson, Find a prick to pitch on Sundays.

msstate7
06-02-2014, 09:59 PM
Britton is our 100% starter at 3B until he graduates. And Holland better be a damn stud to steal SS from Heck. By the way, how bout a round of applause for Seth F'n Heck! Dude was a stud this year. If Holland is good enough to steal SS, our middle infield will be unreal

I'd actually love for holland to be good enough to bump heck over to 2b. Heck is a great player for us, but his arm is better suited for 2b.

I seen it dawg
06-02-2014, 09:59 PM

Spot on.

msstate7
06-02-2014, 10:00 PM
We need our young power arms to come on. We need to move Fitts and Ross back to the pen where they will e most effective. The new baseballs will hurt those guys some I think. And I'm tired of this shit with Fitts where it's one time thru the lineup the to the pen on Friday nights. We've recruited the pitchers now let's get them out their on the weekends. Tatum, Hudson, Find a prick to pitch on Sundays.

Sexton in this group too

CadaverDawg
06-02-2014, 10:01 PM

I tend to agree with this. If we are going to play for the postseason, then let's spend the pre conference schedule starting Hudson, Tatum, and Sexton. These guys won't become Ace's by throwing the amount Laster threw this year. Let's get them so,e innings and develop some long term studs like Arkansas had with Stanek and the other dude they had with him.

I seen it dawg
06-02-2014, 10:01 PM
I hope he is the Sunday guy. If we can keep them healthy that's 2 yrs of damn dirty filthy nastiness.

CadaverDawg
06-02-2014, 10:04 PM
I worry that we spend too much time on piggy backing. I know we had to last year, but we don't have to keep doing it. Let's throw these Sophomores out there next year and let them sink or swim. They're talented, and we're going to mess around and not utilize it. Other teams in the SEC start freshmen a nd Sophs...sometimes it works sometimes not, but they learn from it and get better and end up studs in the SEC. I'm ready to have a true Fri Sat Sun rotation with guys that can go 5-6+ innings

Pioneer Dawg
06-02-2014, 10:09 PM
I'm not ready to anoint anyone as our 3 SP right now... But a healthy dose of fall and spring scrimmages plus the first few weeks of the season should give us a clear indication of what to do WHEN SEC PLAY STARTS and not have to flounder all year long.

Same concept for our hitters.

I seen it dawg
06-02-2014, 10:09 PM
Yep. I want true starters out there not this bullshit we have been doing, which may stop bc we won't have a Girodo or shit pants Lindgren. I'm tired of us being cute and tricky. Let's stick it up somebody's ass on the weekends with our starters.

Pioneer Dawg
06-02-2014, 10:10 PM
I'm tired of us being cute and tricky.

YES! Across the board

CadaverDawg
06-02-2014, 10:12 PM
Yep. I want true starters out there not this bullshit we have been doing, which may stop bc we won't have a Girodo or shit pants Lindgren. I'm tired of us being cute and tricky. Let's stick it up somebody's ass on the weekends with our starters.

This