PDA

View Full Version : HailHud

msstate7
06-02-2014, 04:30 PM
Did you guys follow our football season? Did you pull for us to turn our season around so we'd keep Mullen? Just curious bc many here were wanting your coach.

Dawg61
06-02-2014, 04:31 PM
Might wanna give your hitting coach a raise, js

CadaverDawg
06-02-2014, 04:32 PM
Cue the Cajun response of, "nah, he wouldn't have left anyway. He's happy here, and just signed a 6 year deal." In 3....2....1....

GEAUX UL
06-02-2014, 04:40 PM
Did you guys follow our football season? Did you pull for us to turn our season around so we'd keep Mullen? Just curious bc many here were wanting your coach.

Since I'm probably the only one who hasn't gotten banned yet I'll answer.

Yes, we're definitely rooting for you guys in football. We know if y'all get rid of your coach Hud will probably be at the top of your list. So after about 10pm tonight, you'll hear plenty of Hail States from us.

Dawg61
06-02-2014, 04:50 PM

Ban him**

DownwardDawg
06-02-2014, 04:51 PM

Yes, we're definitely rooting for you guys in football. We know if y'all get rid of your coach Hud will probably be at the top of your list. So after about 10pm tonight, you'll hear plenty of Hail States from us.

Lol. And if yall win tonight, we'll be huge ULL fans next weekend, regardless of how big a douche cajun29 is!!

TempAccount
06-02-2014, 04:54 PM
I always loosely follow Mississippi State because I have a relative that went to school there and is a super fan. I root for you guys during football because I know once Mullen is gone, so is Hud. We're enjoying the hell out of him while we got him though. So I'm rooting for Mullen to continue to beat Ole Miss and get y'all to bowl games.

CadaverDawg
06-02-2014, 05:00 PM
I always loosely follow Mississippi State because I have a relative that went to school there and is a super fan. I root for you guys during football because I know once Mullen is gone, so is Hud. We're enjoying the hell out of him while we got him though. So I'm rooting for Mullen to continue to beat Ole Miss and get y'all to bowl games.

HailHud
06-02-2014, 05:01 PM

I would say MANY Cajun fans felt that way and still do.

2 (or 3) years ago when Mullen was rumored to be a strong candidate for Penn State, we were crossing our fingers that it wouldnt happen.

*I read someone on here posted that Hud would never work with the current admin at MSU. Is this a mutual thing (animosity) or something else? or anything to that. just curious

CadaverDawg
06-02-2014, 05:02 PM
You guys will have a maroon tinted Ragin Cajun following next weekend if you win tonight.

Political Hack
06-02-2014, 05:03 PM
Again, Hud isn't coming to State under the current administration. Anyone wishing for that, better hope CDM outlast management.

CajunProud
06-02-2014, 05:27 PM

We were reallllly worried he'd be gone after his first season. After 3 bowl wins the money is starting to pour in. We've never had this much success athletically. During the 13-14 season the Cajuns won their conference in football and a bowl game, won the conference tourney in basketball, and won the regular season and conference titles in baseball. When Hud leaves we'll be fine. The current admim has shown that they are pretty serious about athletics. We've got the fan support to write some nice checks to future coaches.

Statefan
06-02-2014, 05:45 PM
We were reallllly worried he'd be gone after his first season. After 3 bowl wins the money is starting to pour in. We've never had this much success athletically. During the 13-14 season the Cajuns won their conference in football and a bowl game, won the conference tourney in basketball, and won the regular season and conference titles in baseball. When Hud leaves we'll be fine. The current admim has shown that they are pretty serious about athletics. We've got the fan support to write some nice checks to future coaches.

Mullen to ULL??*****

Political Hack
06-02-2014, 05:46 PM

Y'alls athletic department is exploding. It's impressive for anyone that's taking notice from afar. Being #2 is Louisiana isn't all that bad. Ask Ole Miss, they seem to be doing ok with it.

RTO Dawg
06-02-2014, 05:52 PM
Y'alls athletic department is exploding. It's impressive for anyone that's taking notice from afar. Being #2 is Louisiana isn't all that bad. Ask Ole Miss, they seem to be doing ok with it.

ZING

Goat Holder
06-02-2014, 05:55 PM
So I'm rooting for Mullen to continue to beat Ole Miss and get y'all to bowl games.

I see what you did there.

I smell a rebear troll.

GEAUX UL
06-02-2014, 09:24 PM
You guys will have a maroon tinted Ragin Cajun following next weekend if you win tonight.

Thanks a bunch! Hail State, and kick the crap out of LSU.

(We'll take an SEC invite too if you don't mind.)

CadaverDawg
06-02-2014, 09:30 PM

Ha +1

Pollodawg
06-02-2014, 09:32 PM

It's funny you say that about LSU. I know a ULL grad who detests LSU. It's hilarious. According to him, LSU actively quashes any smaller university that tries to challenge them for a piece of the crawfish pie in Louisiana.

GEAUX UL
06-02-2014, 09:59 PM
It's funny you say that about LSU. I know a ULL grad who detests LSU. It's hilarious. According to him, LSU actively quashes any smaller university that tries to challenge them for a piece of the crawfish pie in Louisiana.

It's absolutely true. There's a really long history there.

Pollodawg
06-03-2014, 11:58 AM
It's absolutely true. There's a really long history there.

I believe you. He was an older guy, and he told me something along the lines of whenever ULL would hire topnotch professors and what not or try to upgrade in anyway, that LSU would hire those professors and administrators away with higher pay, not because they needed or wanted them, but because they DIDN'T want ULL to have them. The same was true of athletes in Louisiana.

ScoobaDawg
06-03-2014, 12:15 PM
I see what you did there.

I smell a rebear troll.

You're right. Goat you're cover is up... We knew all along you were crazy but a bear too?

In all seriousness. If he is a bear. He's hiding out in Baton Rouge and that can't be fun.

preachermatt83
06-03-2014, 02:16 PM
Again, Hud isn't coming to State under the current administration. Anyone wishing for that, better hope CDM outlast management.

you must be referring to the State admin not wanting him, because I can tell you right now for a fact Hud would come to State under the current admin., unless he is a liar.

GEAUX UL
06-03-2014, 03:59 PM
I believe you. He was an older guy, and he told me something along the lines of whenever ULL would hire topnotch professors and what not or try to upgrade in anyway, that LSU would hire those professors and administrators away with higher pay, not because they needed or wanted them, but because they DIDN'T want ULL to have them. The same was true of athletes in Louisiana.

That's pretty mild compared to some of the other stuff.

Back in the day there was a law on the books that prevented any school not named LSU from spending more than $50,000 on athletics. If our football team had a good year and made $60,000 for the department, $10,000 of it had to be transferred to the school. If a big name donor wanted to donate $75,000 to our programs, the athletic dept. was forced to say thanks but no thanks. Meanwhile LSU received many, many times that amount from the state legislature to build what it has today.

You've probably noticed our battle to be called Louisiana instead of UL-Lafayette, but you probably don't know the history behind it. Back in 1985 we legally changed our name from U of Southwestern Louisiana to "The University of Louisiana" using the exact same legal process other schools had used to change their names before that. Signs were changed, graduates were given "UL" diplomas, etc. Eventually, a state judge, who just so happened to be a big LSU booster, ruled against the name change. A few years later, a law was passed that stated two things: 1. If any school wants to change it's name, it has to do so with another state university, and they can only be named UL at "City Name." 2. LSU can be the only flagship university in the State of Louisiana.

They have a long history of using their significant power in the state government to keep other state schools "in their place."

Pollodawg
06-03-2014, 04:50 PM
That's pretty mild compared to some of the other stuff.

Back in the day there was a law on the books that prevented any school not named LSU from spending more than $50,000 on athletics. If our football team had a good year and made $60,000 for the department, $10,000 of it had to be transferred to the school. If a big name donor wanted to donate $75,000 to our programs, the athletic dept. was forced to say thanks but no thanks. Meanwhile LSU received many, many times that amount from the state legislature to build what it has today.

You've probably noticed our battle to be called Louisiana instead of UL-Lafayette, but you probably don't know the history behind it. Back in 1985 we legally changed our name from U of Southwestern Louisiana to "The University of Louisiana" using the exact same legal process other schools had used to change their names before that. Signs were changed, graduates were given "UL" diplomas, etc. Eventually, a state judge, who just so happened to be a big LSU booster, ruled against the name change. A few years later, a law was passed that stated two things: 1. If any school wants to change it's name, it has to do so with another state university, and they can only be named UL at "City Name." 2. LSU can be the only flagship university in the State of Louisiana.

They have a long history of using their significant power in the state government to keep other state schools "in their place."

That's some bullshit. I'd hate them too.