PDA

View Full Version : Since 1976, I have followed the Diamond Dawgs

paco
06-02-2014, 01:11 PM
I don't recall a non-conference away venue that our fans had so much negative to say about our opponent. I lived in Baton Rouge for four years and New Orleans for five (I understand the culture differences). Aside from our fans yelling that "SEC" crap, our fans are the most easy going of any that I've encountered. It sounds like LaLa adhere's to the football and wrestling mindset rather that a baseball mindset when supporting their baseball team.

maroonmania
06-02-2014, 01:34 PM
Its in the heart of Cajun country where alcohol is regularly sold at games (though I don't believe that's allowed for an NCAA event). Why would you expect any different? I've been to Baton Rouge on a Saturday night once in my life for an LSU-MSU football game and have ZERO desire to ever go back.

Jack Lambert
06-02-2014, 02:00 PM
I don't recall a non-conference away venue that our fans had so much negative to say about our opponent. I lived in Baton Rouge for four years and New Orleans for five (I understand the culture differences). Aside from our fans yelling that "SEC" crap, our fans are the most easy going of any that I've encountered. It sounds like LaLa adhere's to the football and wrestling mindset rather that a baseball mindset when supporting their baseball team.

You have red necks and Cajuns coexisting. All I hear from my Louisiana redneck friends are Cajun jokes. All I hear from my Cajun friends is how they don't want or claim anything north of Baton Rouge. They have to release that pressure somehow. So they all get drunk and make fools of themselves at bars, parties, weddings, sporting events, church socials, school graduations, and basically everything else that is done in public. They just can't help themselves.

Pollodawg
06-02-2014, 02:04 PM
Cajuns looking down on rednecks and vice versa is stupid. Know what the difference is? One speaks broken French a little, and the other doesn't. I'm being glib, of course, but neither side has the right to look down on anyone.

Pollodawg
06-02-2014, 02:06 PM
You have red necks and Cajuns coexisting. All I hear from my Louisiana redneck friends are Cajun jokes. All I hear from my Cajun friends is how they don't want or claim anything north of Baton Rouge. They have to release that pressure somehow. So they all get drunk and make fools of themselves at bars, parties, weddings, sporting events, church socials, school graduations, and basically everything else that is done in public. They just can't help themselves.

I get what you're saying. Wifes folks are from North Louisiana. Bodreaux verses Bubba lol

GreatestStory
06-02-2014, 03:57 PM

I honestly feel that had Miss State won the game last night, you wouldn't be hearing all the complaining. I have a feeling that after we laid an egg against Jackson State, a lot of State fans that your baseball team would win this regional fairly easily.

I have been to many baseball games at LSU, besides their crowd yelling "Geaux Tigers", they don't get crazy like our fans at UL. We have a very different atmosphere than any other baseball park I've been to.

Political Hack
06-02-2014, 04:13 PM
fans getting rowdy? Say it ain't so!!!

I wish our football fans would take some notes from ULaLa and LSU.

I seen it dawg
06-02-2014, 04:14 PM
I honestly feel that had Miss State won the game last night, you wouldn't be hearing all the complaining. I have a feeling that after we laid an egg against Jackson State, a lot of State fans that your baseball team would win this regional fairly easily.

I have been to many baseball games at LSU, besides their crowd yelling "Geaux Tigers", they don't get crazy like our fans at UL. We have a very different atmosphere than any other baseball park I've been to.

Yes you do. Over the top obnoxious.

GreatestStory
06-02-2014, 04:25 PM
Yes you do. Over the top obnoxious.

You're right, I'm an obnoxious little Cajun

CadaverDawg
06-02-2014, 04:29 PM
Another one that forgets where he is. And do not even think about comparing your shit atmosphere to the greatest in college baseball. You should be banned simply for that

State82
06-02-2014, 05:18 PM
Another one that forgets where he is. And do not even think about comparing your shit atmosphere to the greatest in college baseball. You should be banned simply for that

CD, did the powers that be give you the tool you need to regulate this place?

CadaverDawg
06-02-2014, 05:19 PM

Yea, but I'm not trigger happy. I'd rather edit their post the first time....that usually sends the message

RougeDawg
06-02-2014, 06:09 PM

Exactly why I said not only were your fans obnoxious, they were also baseball ignorant. I've never heard such ignorant incoherent non baseball things yelled out and toward our players. Felt like I was at a softball game played as a main event during Monday Night Raw. All I heard all weekend was how much y'all were not like LSU fans and hated how they act at sporting events. To only find out y'all were at least as obnoxious as LSU fans, but also have fans who baseball knowledge would lend them to know the difference between an infield fly and an intentional walk.

DownwardDawg
06-02-2014, 06:29 PM

He's doing a damn good job.

RougeDawg
06-02-2014, 07:33 PM
If there's any question on the ULL fans obnoxiousness, just look at their fans behind home plate. They were just yelling shit at our fans when we wanted a called third strike. Never seen anything like it at a baseball game.

CJDAWG85
06-02-2014, 10:50 PM
Hahaha when the Bears come to town, it's gonna be an all out brawl. Talk about 2 fan bases that will annoy the shit out of each other.