PDA

View Full Version : Hey ULL fans. You were cool at tailgate but complete dicks in stadium..,

RougeDawg
06-01-2014, 10:25 PM
Nice try On The hospitality but your fans in sections A&B were complete asshats and baseball ignorant. If you are going to be loud and obnoxious, at least know what the **** you are tAlking about baseball wise.

I seen it dawg
06-01-2014, 10:27 PM
They can't hear you on here...

Barkman Turner Overdrive
06-01-2014, 10:32 PM
They will be here soon enough. Don't worry.

RougeDawg
06-01-2014, 10:43 PM
We left. They were bordering on confederate obnoxiousness. And the game was way out of hand. And very baseball ignorant on too of that.

I seen it dawg
06-01-2014, 10:44 PM
Typical south la baseball. They win with little class and lose much worse.

Goat Holder
06-01-2014, 10:48 PM
Knowing what I know of you on here, you probably earned every bit of harassment you got.

Skydawg1
06-01-2014, 10:54 PM
Were you one of the absolute shitbag State fans chanting SEC?

I seen it dawg
06-01-2014, 10:57 PM

That was ****ing horrible.

Skydawg1
06-01-2014, 11:00 PM
No....not really.

ScoobaDawg
06-01-2014, 11:06 PM
Exactly if you were going to chant... chant M-S-U not f*cking SEC. stupid stupid stupid.

I seen it dawg
06-01-2014, 11:07 PM
I was agreeing with you. Fn horrible to be chanting that stupid shit.

dickiedawg
06-01-2014, 11:07 PM
Completely agree with the OP. I met nothing but nice folks all week until tonight. Then suddenly it's like I'm the worst human alive for wearing a maroon shirt in their stadium.

I seen it dawg
06-01-2014, 11:10 PM
They win with very little class and lose with less. The south la way.

BulldogBear
06-01-2014, 11:13 PM
No....not really.

^
^
^
^
^
^

RougeDawg
06-01-2014, 11:19 PM

No I wasn't saying anything. I couldn't see who was chanting SEC. I just sat there and listened to ridiculous statements and ignorant comments from ULL fans.

RougeDawg
06-01-2014, 11:22 PM
Knowing what I know of you on here, you probably earned every bit of harassment you got.

So having baseball knowledge warrants harassment? I even had the ULL fans asking how I was calling the pitches tonight. Simple stuff Goat, you should take notes.

smootness
06-02-2014, 12:08 AM
Huh? You think State fans were the ones chanting S-E-C? That was pretty clearly ULL fans doing it sarcastically since it came right in the middle of them stomping us.

I seen it dawg
06-02-2014, 12:09 AM
Huh? You think State fans were the ones chanting S-E-C? That was pretty clearly ULL fans doing it sarcastically since it came right in the middle of them stomping us.

Our fans were doing when we put up the 3 spot. They started mocking us soon after when they threw up 6.

hacker
06-02-2014, 12:12 AM

ya, exactly

hacker
06-02-2014, 12:13 AM
Our fans were doing when we put up the 3 spot. They started mocking us soon after when they threw up 6.

oh, well, that didn't come through on TV, only the mocking did

CadaverDawg
06-02-2014, 12:14 AM
So having baseball knowledge warrants harassment? I even had the ULL fans asking how I was calling the pitches tonight. Simple stuff Goat, you should take notes.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-m2slla6Qc4o/Uk2nq4In5GI/AAAAAAAAE0w/BVWz6YNrgj4/s1600/picard-facepalm-o.gif

hacker
06-02-2014, 12:17 AM
HEY! NEXT PITCH GONNA BE A FASTBALL.

*fast ball*

SEE THAT? SEE? TOLD YA!

I'm sure that wasn't annoying.

CadaverDawg
06-02-2014, 12:21 AM

*fast ball*

SEE THAT? SEE? TOLD YA!

Can't imagine why they were dicks, sitting next to the guy that tries predicting every pitch.**

BeardoMSU
06-02-2014, 12:32 AM

*fast ball*

SEE THAT? SEE? TOLD YA!

How much you wanna bet I can throw a football over them mountains?

- What mountains? The Rockies?

Yeah, how much? You know...back in '82, I could throw a pig-skin a quarter-mile?

- Is that right?

Yup......See...I told you: fastball

TheRef
06-02-2014, 12:37 AM

*fast ball*

SEE THAT? SEE? TOLD YA!

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/137930/rico-o.gif

BulldogBear
06-02-2014, 12:40 AM
How much you wanna bet I can throw a football over them mountains?

- What mountains? The Rockies?

Yeah, how much? You know...back in '82, I could throw a pig-skin a quarter-mile?

- Is that right?

Yup......See...I told you: fastball

GIF FAIL

Too tired to try again tonight

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/20140530/5044611/polar-bear-creeper-o.gif

leeman
06-02-2014, 12:43 AM
They were chanting SBC as in sunbelt conference. Duh.

BeardoMSU
06-02-2014, 12:45 AM
GIF FAIL

Too tired to try again tonight

I was able to see it. I lol'd, Bear.

CadaverDawg
06-02-2014, 12:48 AM

Get the **** out.

BeardoMSU
06-02-2014, 12:53 AM

That's cute. How long do you think it will be before you're organ donors for the rich in both football and baseball? Good teams need good coaches, and good coaches want to win championships....that ain't gonna happen in the...What was it, again? Oh, the SBC. Enjoy being the lil' bro of Louisiana.

BeardoMSU
06-02-2014, 01:24 AM
Get the **** out.

Seconded.
http://www.picgifs.com/reaction-gifs/reaction-gifs/gtfo/gtfo16.gif

CajunProud
06-02-2014, 02:01 AM
That's cute. How long do you think it will be before you're organ donors for the rich in both football and baseball? Good teams need good coaches, and good coaches want to win championships....that ain't gonna happen in the...What was it, again? Oh, the SBC. Enjoy being the lil' bro of Louisiana.

They were actually yelling "SEC" to mock the MSU fans who started chanting it after tying the game.

BTW Hud just signed a 6 year contract and Robe and his staff ain't going anywhere.

BeardoMSU
06-02-2014, 02:15 AM
They were actually yelling "SEC" to mock the MSU fans who started chanting it after tying the game.

BTW Hud just signed a 6 year contract and Robe and his staff ain't going anywhere.

That's fine.

Regarding Hud and his "contract", you obviously don't swim in the deep end with the big kids, so I'll just leave this here for ya.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvB_qGhyg_k

Translation: if someone wanted him; he'd be gone. Contracts don't mean shit.

ScoobaDawg
06-02-2014, 02:33 AM

Hud would trip over anything to come to MSU if we wanted him.. Or any other sec school. Sorry that contract doesn't mean anything. Check the buyout

Dawgface
06-02-2014, 06:25 AM
Nice try On The hospitality but your fans in sections A&B were complete asshats and baseball ignorant. If you are going to be loud and obnoxious, at least know what the **** you are tAlking about baseball wise.
They were having fun by beating our ass. Plus its the little guy against an sec school. What else would you expect? Beat them.......they will shut up.

paco
06-02-2014, 07:05 AM
If you think a six year contract at any SBC school will bind a coach, you're not in the know.

DownwardDawg
06-02-2014, 08:12 AM
I was agreeing with you. Fn horrible to be chanting that stupid shit.

Horrible and embarrassing. Our fans need to stop that ghey shit. Chant MSU, not SEC. If I were a cajun fan (thank you God for not making this happen), I would have mocked the piss out of our fans.

Political Hack
06-02-2014, 08:20 AM
Hud would trip over anything to come to MSU if we wanted him.. Or any other sec school. Sorry that contract doesn't mean anything. Check the buyout

Hud won't come to State under current management. Until that changes, he won't be wearing maroon. Not that it's important given CDM's commitment to the program, but it's the truth.

TempAccount
06-02-2014, 08:52 AM

You must be one of the two MSU fans who were sitting together in A/B. One of you caught an attitude when a Cajun fan came and claimed his seat you were sitting in, giving him some sort of evil stare-down, and the other was wearing a classy shirt that said "Starkville Mississippi Bitch." You both promptly left after your right fielder got an E.

Sorry you aren't having the best of time, but I've enjoyed my interactions with all MSU fans so far.

RougeDawg
06-02-2014, 09:32 AM
Horrible and embarrassing. Our fans need to stop that ghey shit. Chant MSU, not SEC. If I were a cajun fan (thank you God for not making this happen), I would have mocked the piss out of our fans.

There were two or three state fans yelling SEC down to the left of us. Wasn't really loud. To be honest, the main thing the ULL fans were saying when they went up 3-0 and then blew it open was "and y'all are a SEC team". That's all they could talk about around us the entire night. We should have relplies back, "And JState was a SWAC team", but we just sat there because our pitching staff was getting beaten around enough.

ghostofjackie
06-02-2014, 09:39 AM

Most of you have obviously not been around many "coon asses" before. It's two extremes with them. If they like you and are for you.... they are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. in contrast, if they are against you and don't like you.... they really really try their best to be complete dicks. It's two extremes and that's just the way South LA folk are.

Haven't you seen Party Down South?

BraveCajun
06-02-2014, 09:42 AM
There were two or three state fans yelling SEC down to the left of us. Wasn't really loud. To be honest, the main thing the ULL fans were saying when they went up 3-0 and then blew it open was "and y'all are a SEC team". That's all they could talk about around us the entire night. We should have relplies back, "And JState was a SWAC team", but we just sat there because our pitching staff was getting beaten around enough.

MSU entire visiting section on the 1st baseline started chanting S-E-C when the bulldogs scored 3 runs.

CadaverDawg
06-02-2014, 09:44 AM
MSU entire visiting section on the 1st baseline started chanting S-E-C when the bulldogs scored 3 runs.

Yea, we don't need your breakdown of the situation. Thanks though.

MarketingBully01
06-02-2014, 09:52 AM
Yea, we don't need your breakdown of the situation. Thanks though.

Man I hope we blank em 12-0 and return the favor tonight....

RougeDawg
06-02-2014, 09:55 AM
Almost forgot to add that as I was waiting for tickets yesterday a USM guy was there looking for tickets also. He was there for us, and told me that the ULL fans were using every racial slur under the sun toward the JState players after they won 1-0 Friday night. Thats as low as you can get abs disgraceful.

Cajun_RH
06-02-2014, 10:01 AM
Most of you have obviously not been around many "coon asses" before. It's two extremes with them. If they like you and are for you.... they are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. in contrast, if they are against you and don't like you.... they really really try their best to be complete dicks. It's two extremes and that's just the way South LA folk are.

Haven't you seen Party Down South?

Im pretty sure several Cajun fans posted here that things were going to go that way. As for the the people in Section A, what seems like baseball ignorance is sarcasm.

And just a small request. Can you lay off the coon ass stuff. Its offensive to some people. Its kind of like the N word.

smootness
06-02-2014, 10:03 AM
Regardless of the outcome, we have it set up as well as it could be for us. It'll be arguably the best pitcher in the country (not most valuable necessarily, but maybe the best for several innings at a time) against arguably the best offense in the country.

Fun to watch no matter what.

DudyDawg
06-02-2014, 10:05 AM
Im pretty sure several Cajun fans posted here that things were going to go that way. As for the the people in Section A, what seems like baseball ignorance is sarcasm.

And just a small request. Can you lay off the coon ass stuff. Its offensive to some people. Its kind of like the N word.

I forgot all the Louisiana folk enslaved for years. Bit of a stretch there, pal

CadaverDawg
06-02-2014, 10:16 AM

Best way not to see the word "coon ass" is to get the **** out. The problem with you dipshits is that you forget where you are. Don't come here and tell us what we need to do. Simply get the **** out or shut the **** up

Cajun_RH
06-02-2014, 10:18 AM

How about being exiled from your home country and being look upon as second class citizens in your new one. I didn't say it was a one to one comparison but it is still offensive to some.

CadaverDawg
06-02-2014, 10:19 AM
How about being exiled from your home country and being look upon as second class citizens in your new one. I didn't say it was a one to one comparison but it is still offensive to some.

Then leave. Simple.

Cajun_RH
06-02-2014, 10:22 AM
Best way not to see the word "coon ass" is to get the **** out. The problem with you dipshits is that you forget where you are. Don't come here and tell us what we need to do. Simply get the **** out or shut the **** up

I asked politely. Guess you guys aren't used to that stuff around here.

DudyDawg
06-02-2014, 10:23 AM

I don't even know what the word polite means

CadaverDawg
06-02-2014, 10:26 AM

Yea, let me go over to your board after we beat your ass tonight, and start telling your board what they should and shouldn't say. Sound good? I'll ask politely I promise!! I'm sure you guys will accept those changes with open arms right? Get the **** out of here with that crap

HailHud
06-02-2014, 10:34 AM

That's actually pretty accurate for the most part although most people around the Lafayette area (Acadiana) are more friendly overall generally than BR/NOLA areas.

CadaverDawg
06-02-2014, 10:36 AM
That's actually pretty accurate for the most part although most people around the Lafayette area (Acadiana) are more friendly overall generally than BR/NOLA areas.

Your fellow fans that come over here, could learn a lot from you. You know how to make a point, join in discussion, yet not come across as an ass. Thank you, bud. Welcome anytime

ScottH
06-02-2014, 10:37 AM
If MSU pitching can't hold a really good hitting ULL team tonight, I want to come back to Lafayette next week to to eat more superb food and watch the culture clash when real life coonass hosts self anointed gentry.

HailState39110
06-02-2014, 10:38 AM
I really don't like the SEC chant. Good for ULL to mock it . Whoever started that when we put up 3 to tie it should be ashamed . Please don't do that tonight .

tcdog70
06-02-2014, 10:54 AM
last time I was at a LSU Game a kindly looking Coonie Grandmother gave me the finger and said"Get the **** out of Louisiana you Mississippi ****ing Hill Billy" Some would find that offensive, I found it comical.

smootness
06-02-2014, 10:54 AM

Oh good grief, dude.

smootness
06-02-2014, 10:58 AM
I really don't like the SEC chant. Good for ULL to mock it . Whoever started that when we put up 3 to tie it should be ashamed . Please don't do that tonight .

I agree with this, btw. I didn't know State fans had started it. That is completely embarrassing.

blacklistedbully
06-02-2014, 11:04 AM
Or wait until the game is over and we've won. Then have it it, loud & clear!

ghostofjackie
06-02-2014, 11:09 AM

O I can assure you that it's nothing like using the -N- word. Sorry if I offended you. I won't use that word anymore.

I was only trying to explain to some people who do not have experience with your culture how backwards you ass clowns are.

Now go **** off.

dickiedawg
06-02-2014, 11:20 AM
Almost forgot to add that as I was waiting for tickets yesterday a USM guy was there looking for tickets also. He was there for us, and told me that the ULL fans were using every racial slur under the sun toward the JState players after they won 1-0 Friday night. Thats as low as you can get abs disgraceful.

There was a guy in Section A that called Demarcus a "stupid (n-word)" after his error. I was shocked but the ULL fans around him didn't seem to care.

RougeDawg
06-02-2014, 11:28 AM
You must be one of the two MSU fans who were sitting together in A/B. One of you caught an attitude when a Cajun fan came and claimed his seat you were sitting in, giving him some sort of evil stare-down, and the other was wearing a classy shirt that said "Starkville Mississippi Bitch." You both promptly left after your right fielder got an E.

Sorry you aren't having the best of time, but I've enjoyed my interactions with all MSU fans so far.

Sorry you are wrong on you assumptions. Nice try though. I sat in the seats I purchased.

RougeDawg
06-02-2014, 11:36 AM

If you read my original post I said outside everyone was cordial and nice. Which I thought was genuine until I got in the stadium and the pompous arrogant ignorance of your fans started to show through. There were a few younger fans before games with dickish tendencies but they came out in full force after first pitch. So I cannot accept the false hospitality before games as the true ULL fan base. What I witnessed was nothing less than a trip to BatonRouge. When winning both fan bases are obnoxious and think they'll beat the Yankees. When losing you could hear a mouse piss on the 6ft tall lettering on the tigue.

Calling our players or JState players the N word is unacceptable. I didn't know how to take the guy telling me about your fans and what they said to Jackson State Friday night, but I guess calling Demarcus the same thing confirms the ignorance of the ULL fan base that I saw myself.

RougeDawg
06-02-2014, 11:42 AM
Also forgot to add this little tidbit that one ULL fan told me yesterday. He said ULL was in talks with the BIG 12 to move into that conference in the next few years. I didn't even know how to respond back to that.

cajunsfan73
06-02-2014, 11:54 AM
I like boys

[not that there's anything wrong with that]

ScoobaDawg
06-02-2014, 11:56 AM
Hahahahaha! Just wanna start by saying hello and look forward to beatin that ass again tonight! Ive been visiting your board since the start of regionals and its been entertaining watching you guys puff your chest out pre regional to watching your epic meltdown last night! Hahaha! Its been fun! I love reading your as well as our board and reading the over-reaching stereotyping and broad brush prejudices over an experience with one or two fans....either on a board or in person! Classic!! Anyway, good luck tonight guys. Oh, and by the way, im a proud "coon-ass" and not in the least bit offended by it. So bring on the shit talking! I love it!

and You're GONE.
Enjoy reading.

Goat Holder
06-02-2014, 11:57 AM

Wow.....talk about a hypocrite.

It's the exact same damn thing. Derogatory term based on something they can't help.

HailHud
06-02-2014, 12:13 PM
If you read my original post I said outside everyone was cordial and nice. Which I thought was genuine until I got in the stadium and the pompous arrogant ignorance of your fans started to show through. There were a few younger fans before games with dickish tendencies but they came out in full force after first pitch. So I cannot accept the false hospitality before games as the true ULL fan base. What I witnessed was nothing less than a trip to BatonRouge. When winning both fan bases are obnoxious and think they'll beat the Yankees. When losing you could hear a mouse piss on the 6ft tall lettering on the tigue.

Calling our players or JState players the N word is unacceptable. I didn't know how to take the guy telling me about your fans and what they said to Jackson State Friday night, but I guess calling Demarcus the same thing confirms the ignorance of the ULL fan base that I saw myself.

I was speaking more of the local culture in general.

As far as in the stadium, this season someone named Sections A/B (and put a sign up) "couyon" corner. Ive never sta there, but I'm guessing some of the people there take it to heart to live up to that name. Unfortunately, probably not the ideal place for visiting fans to sit.

From urbandictionary.com- Couyon- Cajun French term for a foolish person. Also used in Cajun English.
"Hey, couyon, quit screwing up."

I'm hoping there were mostly immature college students sitting there?
From my experience, the rest of the stadium is not like that

ULalum06
06-02-2014, 12:39 PM
First and probably last post on here:

I am a season ticket holder in the now infamous Section A. First I want to apologize for whomever used the "N" word. We don't condone that type of heckling and it surely isn't something we want to see happen at our field. We don't curse, get too personal, or throw words like that around. Secondly, you gotta understand that a lot of the people you've had interactions with are bandwagon fans and probably don't have season tickets, at least in Section A. I can promise you had we scheduled a series or even a midweek with you you'd see a more true representation of our fan base. A lot of people are only there because of our recent success, and we all know there are enough asshole fans on both sides.

Having said that, I want to thank you guys for coming over, all of my interactions with MSU people have been positive, even after drinking. I think you guys have an amazing program, and a great fan base that is quite passionate. Good luck to you guys tonight and while this might be the end for one of us, I'd certainly like to see us play a series. Geaux Cajuns!

DudyDawg
06-02-2014, 12:49 PM
Wow.....talk about a hypocrite.

It's the exact same damn thing. Derogatory term based on something they can't help.

I never said it wasn't derogatory, but to say its the exact same is completely ridiculous

GEAUX UL
06-02-2014, 02:48 PM
Cajun fan here.

I was sitting in section B last night and besides the SEC chant retaliation, I didn't hear anything bad directed at the Miss State fans around me. And I'd be really, really shocked if someone yelled the N word. That's not how we roll around here. I had a nice conversation with some Miss State fans while we were leaving the ballpark, and I didn't get the impression they were upset about the fans. But if someone did say something bad to you I apologize. If they didn't, then I'm not sure why why you think we're assholes for standing and yelling and chanting the entire game.

You have to remember that Section A/B is the student section during the regular season. I know you wouldn't go sit in the middle of an SEC student section and expect a wine and cheese crowd that pats you on the back when your team does good, so please don't expect anything different from us. I think theres a misconception among SEC schools that schools like ours aren't as fanatical about our athletic programs as they are. That couldn't be any further from the truth. We care just as much as you do, and we're going to get as loud and obnoxious as everyone else.

I wish y'all the best of luck... after tonight of course.

GreatestStory
06-02-2014, 03:23 PM
I am a Cajuns fan. Saturday I was out in the parking lot and brought a giant box of boudin and some other stuff to one of the Miss State tailgates (the big one that had 4 big canopies in a row). I thought they would really appreciate it and we could have some friendly baseball talk. One of your tailgaters pointed where to put the food. I put it on the table and nobody said a word to me, not even thanks. After a few minutes, my wife and I looked at each other and walked away. We obviously were not welcomed or wanted.

...and I guess "Dawg Meat" is something you guys yell at opponents? Because during our first game yesterday at 1:00 (rematch of Cajuns vs Jackson St), you had a Miss State fan walking down the aisles yelling "DAWG MEAT"... at a game they were not even involved in. I guess every fan base has some of "those" type of fans. All in all, all the other State fans I encountered this weekend were pretty cool.

CadaverDawg
06-02-2014, 03:27 PM
I am a Cajuns fan. Saturday I was out in the parking lot and brought a giant box of boudin and some other stuff to one of the Miss State tailgates (the big one that had 4 big canopies in a row). I thought they would really appreciate it and we could have some friendly baseball talk. One of your tailgaters pointed where to put the food. I put it on the table and nobody said a word to me, not even thanks. After a few minutes, my wife and I looked at each other and walked away. We obviously were not welcomed or wanted.

...and I guess "Dawg Meat" is something you guys yell at opponents? Because during our first game yesterday at 1:00 (rematch of Cajuns vs Jackson St), you had a Miss State fan walking down the aisles yelling "DAWG MEAT"... at a game they were not even involved in. I guess every fan base has some of "those" type of fans. All in all, all the other State fans I encountered this weekend were pretty cool.

That was the Greatest Story

DudyDawg
06-02-2014, 03:31 PM

Not once in my existence have I heard the term Dawg Meat used

CadaverDawg
06-02-2014, 03:33 PM
Not once in my existence have I heard the term Dawg Meat used

Me neither.

I don't really understand the point of this thread or these stories though. Every fan base has assholes, so to say an entire group is assholes is just silly. Some of these Cajuns are nice, some are asses. I guarantee you they will be never heard from again if we win tonight, and here to say "congrats on a good season" [with a smirk] if they beat us. Pointless

GreatestStory
06-02-2014, 04:04 PM
Regarding the "S-E-C" chanting... please remember that LSU is right down the street from us. They like to give us the "SEC is better than you" a lot, so it is not probably the best thing to chant at Cajun fans during a game.

I think had you guys chanted "Hail State", "MSU", or whatever else, it would have went over a lot better and we would not have chanted "S-E-C" at you at all.

Good luck tonight, should be a great game.

Me neither.

I don't really understand the point of this thread or these stories though. Every fan base has assholes, so to say an entire group is assholes is just silly. Some of these Cajuns are nice, some are asses. I guarantee you they will be never heard from again if we win tonight, and here to say "congrats on a good season" [with a smirk] if they beat us. Pointless

I guarantee you I will be here all smiles to congratulate Miss State if they beat us tonight.

Justdafacts
06-02-2014, 04:30 PM

Seriously?? I was born and raised "down the bayou" (river parishes) and STILL live down here and have never met anyone that is from here that is offended by being called a Coonass... most people are like myself and take it as a badge of honor and wear it proudly.. we take pride in being a coonass, hence the "Registered Coon Ass" license plates that you see. It is nowhere near the -N- word. Most people that are offended by it are "transplants" to south Louisiana.

GEAUX UL
06-02-2014, 04:49 PM
Seriously?? I was born and raised "down the bayou" (river parishes) and STILL live down here and have never met anyone that is from here that is offended by being called a Coonass... most people are like myself and take it as a badge of honor and wear it proudly.. we take pride in being a coonass, hence the "Registered Coon Ass" license plates that you see. It is nowhere near the -N- word. Most people that are offended by it are "transplants" to south Louisiana.

Like similar derogatory words it depends on how/why you're using it. I don't see many people here using it as a term of endearment. With that said, no, it's really not okay to use it.

Dawg61
06-02-2014, 04:58 PM

That sounds like an invite only or some type of alumni chapter tailgate, you'd of gotten the cold shoulder if you'd been an MSU fan too at that tailgate.

engie
06-02-2014, 04:59 PM
I love it. Love their attitude. Love their moxie. Love their approach. Love the drunken, Cajun, a-hole intimidation factor they are bringing...

For us to be "who I think we are", we're going to have to overcome all the adversity and get it done. It's time to see what this team is made of...

Park duck
06-02-2014, 05:04 PM
last time I was at a LSU Game a kindly looking Coonie Grandmother gave me the finger and said"Get the **** out of Louisiana you Mississippi ****ing Hill Billy" Some would find that offensive, I found it comical.

Awesome

Political Hack
06-02-2014, 05:04 PM
I love it. Love their attitude. Love their moxie. Love their approach. Love the drunken, Cajun, a-hole intimidation factor they are bringing...

Agreed. Not sure why fans are offended by other fans being overly fanatic.

Dawgtini
06-02-2014, 05:19 PM
This. +1. Every Cajun I have ever known, wherever we met (east/west coast, north or south) has always worn coonass as an honor.

engie
06-02-2014, 05:45 PM
Agreed. Not sure why fans are offended by other fans being overly fanatic.

Furthermore, visiting fans should be able to go teflon in the stands and basically roll with whatever is being said. Why take it personally? They aren't trying to fight you -- they are just giving you grief in "their house". They piss you off, or hurt your feelings enough to go make message board threads about it, they won and got in your head exactly like they were trying to. People really thought they were going to roll down to Lafayette and not catch grief?

In my experience, it's really easy to win "those" fans over in how you respond to the grief they are giving you...

Vandownbytheriver
06-02-2014, 05:55 PM
I have a feeling if State and Ole Miss both win there will be several of these, "I did nothing and these Ole Piss fans did this!!!!!" threads next weekend. Not saying this is one of those times, but usually if a visiting fan cries foul, they did something in the first place to deserve the taunting.

engie
06-02-2014, 06:00 PM
I have a feeling if State and Ole Miss both win there will be several of these, "I did nothing and these Ole Piss fans did this!!!!!" threads next weekend. Not saying this is one of those times, but usually if a visiting fan cries foul, they did something in the first place to deserve the taunting.

No doubt... Will be reports of beer thrown on people, fights, OM fans hit with cowbells, etc...

I'll somehow manage to drink copious amounts of alcohol while wearing maroon without even coming close to a single confrontation... Just hearing a little background noise...

Political Hack
06-02-2014, 06:05 PM

it'll be the nastiest any baseball series has every been between the two. the rivalry is at an all time high and their fans throwin beer and stuff at the games is goin to spark some crap... because you know we'll have people wearing maroon in the outfield who will be targeted.

IF YOU GO TO O-TOWN FOR THAT SERIES, EXPECT TO CATCH HELL. I was in the student section there when Deuce and Dante broke back to back long TD runs. I let out a huge "Go To Hell Ole Miss" right in the middle of their student section when Dante scored. It rained whiskey bottles... and I had asked for it. Didn't start anything or even raise an eyebrow, just kept cheering and having fun.

Vandownbytheriver
06-02-2014, 07:37 PM
Well, they just punched their ticket. Up to our guys now.

GreatestStory
06-02-2014, 10:37 PM
That sounds like an invite only or some type of alumni chapter tailgate, you'd of gotten the cold shoulder if you'd been an MSU fan too at that tailgate.
Hahaa... Maybe so?!? It sure makes sense.

Those stuck up big money alumni sure loved us the day before when we hooked them up with 12 extra tickets. They invited us back the next day, that's why we brought the boudin. Oh well, I will be looking for the "regular fans" if we run into each other again.

Ok. Bye. Gotta GEAUX get ready to crush the Ole Misses.