PDA

View Full Version : If our team had HALF on ULL's 'want-to/balls/grit/edge/eye of tiger/etc......

Goat Holder
06-01-2014, 09:20 PM
We'd have went 45-10 this year and been a national seed. Good lesson for this entitled, 'we've-been-a-celebrity-too-long' ragtag bunch we have. They play dirty, they attack the game, they play with nothing to lose....all qualities that MSU used to have under Cohen. Right up until we got soft because we thought we accomplished something last year.

Their fans may suck, but I'm a fan of the way ULL plays. Our lackadaisical BS has been bothering me all year. And maybe it's been just a few players, but that attitude infiltrates.

Maroonthirteen
06-01-2014, 09:32 PM
Yeah, that is it. Our guys don't want it. They are just here for the uniforms and the pizza party.***

engie
06-01-2014, 09:33 PM
#goating

Goat Holder
06-01-2014, 09:38 PM
Have they earned your respect yet, engine?

Bwa ha ha

Goat Holder
06-01-2014, 09:39 PM
Only our dumbass sheep fans could keep the veil over their heads all year long, when confronted by what the real problem was with this bunch. Inability to deal with success. I hope Cohen corrects that shit next year, this regional will be a good teaching tool.

justwin
06-01-2014, 09:47 PM
whew...

maybe it's just that ULL has a really good hitting coach

FFF
06-01-2014, 09:49 PM

Bwa ha ha

"dey aint in da mighty SEC and dey can't hit ross!1! We win 6-2 and ross drinks a victory mt. dew!!1!"

msstate7
06-01-2014, 09:50 PM
"dey aint in da mighty SEC and dey can't hit ross!1! We win 6-2 and ross drinks a victory mt. dew!!1!"

Cajuns #1 fan.

Maroonthirteen
06-01-2014, 09:52 PM
Only a dumbass could watch this team and think if the attitude and effort was better..... We would have a couple of Powells and Clark and Palmerio back.

engie
06-01-2014, 09:53 PM

Bwa ha ha

No.

Pioneer Dawg
06-01-2014, 09:54 PM
Hard to be aggressive/eye of the tiger/gritty when our approach is passive and pastel.

"Go stand close and try to get hit or walk and lets look for something to try to slap through"

Garner, you swing early and have the slight uppercut that is necessary for extra base hits.. You can't play for this squad. You either Flair!

engie
06-01-2014, 09:55 PM
Only a dumbass could watch this team and think if the attitude and effort was better..... We would have a couple of Powells and Clark and Palmerio back.

How many 180* personalities does Goat have to show you before you simply realize your statement is true?

cheewgumm
06-01-2014, 09:55 PM
WE do get to play tomorrow, right?

engie
06-01-2014, 09:57 PM
WE do get to play tomorrow, right?

No. We lost before we ever showed up according to a handful of these "fans"...

FFF
06-01-2014, 09:57 PM
Cajuns #1 fan.

So because I said that this team can hit before the game (while I was bombarded with predictions like "we would win easy because they got shut out by JSU") means that I'm a Cajuns fan? Look, You guys threw me under the 17ing bus for stating a dissenting, yet objective opinion, while I saw posts like "they aren't in the SEC" and "they had an easy schedule" and "they got shut out by JSU" and now our shit is literally getting kicked in like it hasn't all year makes me a Cajun's fan? You throw me under the bus for stating something objective and I get labeled a "Cajuns fan..." ... right....

msstate7
06-01-2014, 10:01 PM
So because I said that this team can hit before the game (while I was bombarded with predictions like "we would win easy because they got shut out by JSU") means that I'm a Cajuns fan? Look, You guys threw me under the 17ing bus for stating a dissenting, yet objective opinion, while I saw posts like "they aren't in the SEC" and "they had an easy schedule" and "they got shut out by JSU" and now our shit is literally getting kicked in like it hasn't all year makes me a Cajun's fan? You throw me under the bus for stating something objective and I get labeled a "Cajuns fan..." ... right....

When all us "state" fans are pissed off, you're in here bragging about ull ripping us a new one.

Oh and you guys have to win another one. It's not over

RougeDawg
06-01-2014, 10:02 PM
Until we get a hitting instructor who teaches our batters to make contact out in front of the plate, we will not go very far. It's simple if you watch ULL hitters vs ours and you all see the difference. They make contact out front of plate and for break/roll over their hands. That's the difference in our singles hitters and their extra base hitters.

FFF
06-01-2014, 10:03 PM
When all us "state" fans are pissed off, you're in here bragging about ull ripping us a new one.

Oh and you guys have to win another one. It's not over

Ok, but I'm not a Cajuns fan. Thanks for throwing me under the bus, BTW. "discussion of all things MSU," and all...

engie
You started a poor ole MSU thread and got responded to accordingly. No one with any sense said, nor expected, ULL to be a damn pushover. We said we weren't conceding crap to them on the front end. And I'm STILL not conceding crap to them. They've hit well tonight, I tip my hat. Beauty of baseball is that we get to do it again tomorrow with what was arguably our best starter toward the end of the year, our best overall pitcher, and our All-American closer.

It's hilarious that you want to "give" them the regional in this circumstance -- while still trying to argue that your position isn't "poor ole MSU".

MetEdDawg
We don't have the edge and chip on our shoulder like we had last year. We don't make a ton of big offensive plays, we don't make a ton of game changing plays at bases like we did last year to give us an emotional lift. Frazier and Renfroe gave us a lot of those and we obviously are missing that.

Clearly we aren't scary offensively and we knew our hitting was our limiting factor once we got to postseason play. We had to hope either our pitching was very dominant or our hitting would step up. So far tonight neither have happened. Bad game and we have to flush it but obviously we are in a bit of a pickle. We better not come out intimidated tomorrow or we will have lost before we throw a pitch.

Goat Holder
06-01-2014, 10:05 PM
I was talking about the whole season there, dipshit. and in that case, we'd be hosting and wouldn't have to deal with this bunch. at least not in a regional.

I seen it dawg
06-01-2014, 10:05 PM
Until we get a hitting instructor who teaches our batters to make contact out in front of the plate, we will not go very far. It's simple if you watch ULL hitters vs ours and you all see the difference. They make contact out front of plate and for break/roll over their hands. That's the difference in our singles hitters and their extra base hitters.

Yeah we didn't get far with the same damn guys teaching hitting. Sock it up little league coach

Goat Holder
06-01-2014, 10:07 PM

^^THIS is the type of posts that really should be pissing everyone off. Nothing factual at all, and is ripping our coach.

engie
06-01-2014, 10:08 PM
I disagree. We hit well early tonight when we were still in this game. Our pitching had a rare let down tonight...

Pioneer Dawg
Yeah we didn't get far with the same damn guys teaching hitting. Sock it up little league coach

1. Renfroe
2. Frazier

Goat Holder
Seriously. Just stop, you look ridiculous. Your internet ego writes checks your JUCO catchin' ass can't cash. Just go to bed.

Pioneer Dawg
06-01-2014, 10:09 PM
I was talking about the whole season there, dipshit. and in that case, we'd be hosting and wouldn't have to deal with this bunch. at least not in a regional.

Does our approach at the plate not promote less aggression and grit?

engie
06-01-2014, 10:13 PM
Seriously. Just stop, you look ridiculous. Your internet ego writes checks your JUCO catchin' ass can't cash. Just go to bed.

Yep. 8 hits thru 3. Terrible hitting!!1!11

Take your meds, dumb ass.

I seen it dawg
06-01-2014, 10:14 PM
1. Renfroe
2. Frazier

I said teaching hitting Will not hitters we had. They were as good as they were last year as seniors in high school?

Pioneer Dawg
06-01-2014, 10:18 PM
I said teaching hitting Will not hitters we had. They were as good as they were last year as seniors in high school?

They did opposite of what we "teach"

MSUDawg4Life
06-01-2014, 10:18 PM

^^^ This shit here ... funny.

I needed a laugh before I go to bed.

I seen it dawg
06-01-2014, 10:20 PM
They did opposite of what we "teach"

Never played the game...

Pioneer Dawg
06-01-2014, 10:22 PM
Never played the game...

I'll try not to own you too much because you might ban me*

I seen it dawg
06-01-2014, 10:25 PM
I'll try not to own you too much because you might ban me*

Have at it. If you're just wrong which you probably will be you can stay and look stupid. I don't care.

Pioneer Dawg
06-01-2014, 10:29 PM
We need to be AGGRESSIVE, play with GRIT, ATTACK the game, play with an EDGE

We look for walks, HBP, teach slap single swings...

Notice the difference. Teams like ULL and Ole Miss have shown that the "power is impossible so play for singles" is bullshit. New balls make that even more so. Hump, Garner, Swinarski, Collins, etc. need to be unleashed not handcuffed. That Flair, Hump, and Garner never played is telling. Luckily Cohen SEEMS to be seeing this. We need to lead the league in away game HR's going forward.

I seen it dawg
06-01-2014, 10:37 PM
Has Hump, Garner, or Collins take a single swing this year that was slap? They damn sure took some hacks and Hump and Garner looked overmatched at times. Like Freshamn should. Collins has developed and possibly is more talented than those 2. And how could you possibly put Swinarski in there as being unleashed? He's redshirted.

I seen it dawg
06-01-2014, 10:38 PM
We need to be AGGRESSIVE, play with GRIT, ATTACK the game, play with an EDGE

We look for walks, HBP, teach slap single swings...

Notice the difference. Teams like ULL and Ole Miss have shown that the "power is impossible so play for singles" is bullshit. New balls make that even more so. Hump, Garner, Swinarski, Collins, etc. need to be unleashed not handcuffed. That Flair, Hump, and Garner never played is telling. Luckily Cohen SEEMS to be seeing this. We need to lead the league in away game HR's going forward.

Every team in America tries to do this. I agree with you here.

Pioneer Dawg
06-01-2014, 10:39 PM
Has Hump, Garner, or Collins take a single swing this year that was slap? They damn sure took some hacks and Hump and Garner looked overmatched at times. Like Freshamn should. Collins has developed and possibly is more talented than those 2. And how could you possibly put Swinarski in there as being unleashed? He's redshirted.

Going forward........................................... .................................................. .................................................. ..........................................

And as I said, Cohen SEEMS to be getting this

Pioneer Dawg
06-01-2014, 10:40 PM
Every team in America tries to do this.

We dont. We look for HBP and slap singles

I seen it dawg
06-01-2014, 10:40 PM
Well then ****ing dazzle me with something instead of the obvious

I seen it dawg
06-01-2014, 10:43 PM
We dont. We look for HBP and slap singles

Thats shit. We want to gap to gap and unfortunately we have too many guys in the lineup that can't do it. It's talent and what we have not the teaching. The guys that will be playing next year will have more pop and will drive the baseball. We've been damn aggressive at the plate in the post season. And we have been trying to get pitchers pitch counts up, which I strongly agree with.

Pioneer Dawg
06-01-2014, 10:48 PM
Thats shit. We want to gap to gap and unfortunately we have too many guys in the lineup that can't do it. It's talent.

Thats just incorrect.

See the cuts we take and the cuts ULL/OM takes. If we could get a slo-mo side view it would be very telling.

They meet the ball on plane and keep the barrel in the zone. We dont.

engie
06-01-2014, 10:50 PM
Thats shit. We want to gap to gap and unfortunately we have too many guys in the lineup that can't do it. It's talent and what we have not the teaching. The guys that will be playing next year will have more pop and will drive the baseball. We've been damn aggressive at the plate in the post season. And we have been trying to get pitchers pitch counts up, which I strongly agree with.

We should be teaching a homerun/doubles approach to our 5'8 seniors... That's the basic argument on the table here. It's not even worth discussing...

MetEdDawg
06-01-2014, 10:52 PM
We are the absolute definition of station to station baseball. Going forward I think that will change with Collins, Rooker, Swinarski, Humphreys, Holland, Brown, etc, but right now we don't try to gap it. We try to get the leadoff guy on and score him with a 2 out hit. That's just the make up of this team.

I seen it dawg
06-01-2014, 10:54 PM
Thats just incorrect.

See the cuts we take and the cuts ULL/OM takes. If we could get a slo-mo side view it would be very telling.

They meet the ball on plane and keep the barrel in the zone. We dont.

No it is correct. Every hitting coach worth their salt teaches staying on plane and keeping the barrel thru the zone as long as possible. If you look at our lineup tonite our best 2 hitters are Collins and Pirtle and they do it the best. The rest of them just aren't as talented and don't do it consistently. We have good hitters but they are all inexperienced and young. Kind of like Renfroe when he was young. He seemed to work out. Don't be like Rouge and think you can just teach any player to be a badass at the plate. At this level the talent ceiling comes quick no matter who is teaching.

We don't have the same type of hitters playing right now that UM / ULL have. Remains to be seen of we do sitting but if not we aren't recruiting well. By all indications though we are.

I seen it dawg
06-01-2014, 10:55 PM
We are the absolute definition of station to station baseball. Going forward I think that will change with Collins, Rooker, Swinarski, Humphreys, Holland, Brown, etc, but right now we don't try to gap it. We try to get the leadoff guy on and score him with a 2 out hit. That's just the make up of this team.

Summed up the argument. Engie as well.

RougeDawg
06-01-2014, 11:00 PM
^^THIS is the type of posts that really should be pissing everyone off. Nothing factual at all, and is ripping our coach.
How is this not factual? I was at the game. If you are/were watching, ULL (and most power hitters) make contact with the baseball 6-8 inches out in front of the plate. Allies full extension and maximum power. It's called physics. Force times distance eques work, or power in this instance. To exert the most work on a baseball you have to exert maximum work on it. The further you allow your herbs to get into the swing? The more force you apply to the baseball. Thus when you fully extend hands and make contact on front of plate, you have maximum power. Just watch ULL hitters.

Pioneer Dawg
06-01-2014, 11:16 PM
Your 5'8" makes for a good meme but lets look at the facts. Our leaders in XBH are CT with 13 and Pirtle with 12. Both 5'9"

Austin Anderson - 5'11" 190 - 23 XBH
Austin Bousfield - 5"11" 185 - 23 XBH
Adam Frazier - - -5'11" 174 - 27 XBH last year (not slapping it through the IF)

ULL
Caleb Adams - 6'0" 185 - 11 HR; 35 XBH
Gimli - - - - - -6'0" 195 - 9 HR; 31 XBH

These aren't 6'3 235 Mashers. Engie, you're telling me we shouldnt be teaching a DOUBLES approach... You're smarter than that.. We are a big time program and we cannot get doubles.... Come on.

Doubles
-------
1. Vanderbilt.......... 122
2. Kentucky............ 116
3. LSU................. 112
4. Ole Miss............ 104
5. Texas A&M........... 93
6. Arkansas............ 87
7. South Carolina...... 84
8. Tennessee........... 82
9. Alabama............. 79
10.Florida............. 75
Missouri............ 75
12.Georgia............. 69
13.Mississippi State... 66
14.Auburn.............. 65

That is our coaching..

Radddawg
06-01-2014, 11:32 PM
We don't have the edge and chip on our shoulder like we had last year. We don't make a ton of big offensive plays, we don't make a ton of game changing plays at bases like we did last year to give us an emotional lift.

Last year's team was forced into a Winner take all Monday Final as well. By Central Arkansas. At home. This team is on the road in a hostile environment playing a team that is 10x better than the Purple Bears were. Let's just see how tomorrow plays out before passing judgement. Personally, I expect us to play well and win.

MetEdDawg
06-01-2014, 11:44 PM
Last year's team was forced into a Winner take all Monday Final as well. By Central Arkansas. At home. This team is on the road in a hostile environment playing a team that is 10x better than the Purple Bears were. Let's just see how tomorrow plays out before passing judgement. Personally, I expect us to play well and win.

I'm not passing judgment, that's just the truth about this team. Doesn't mean we can't win tomorrow or win a Super Regional, but this team overall isn't as talented as last years team and they aren't as mentally tough. Can't hit as well. Pitching is pretty equal though.

I said two months ago that this teams realistic expectation based on their talent was to make it to the final day of a regional. We are there and if we lose tomorrow I will look back and say we had opportunities to do better but that we probably finished where our talent should have been expected to finish. Won't be happy if we lose tomorrow but I definitely think we still have a very good chance. Laster and Lindgren is a very solid combo that I don't think is going to get hit around. We need Laster to go 3-4 innings giving up 2 runs or less.

Pioneer Dawg
06-01-2014, 11:47 PM
We should be teaching a homerun/doubles approach to our 5'8 seniors... That's the basic argument on the table here. It's not even worth discussing...

I was told Kyle Hann was supposed to have all kind of power potential when he arrived. 5'8"

Remember when 5'9" Jonathan Ogden hit 8 HR with 20 XBH.

Luke Adkins (5'8) second only to Conner Powers in XBH, with 24... 8 HR..

DudyDawg
06-01-2014, 11:51 PM
Didn't we have 14 hits tonight? I understand that we haven't exactly set the world on fire with the bats this season but this doesn't seem like a well timed rant

MarketingBully01
06-01-2014, 11:56 PM
The difference in the game tonight is Mitchell, for whatever reason, could not throw up a zero when we put a three spot up. It's like he got that All American guy out and then relaxed. He had 1 down and got their hardest guy out at the plate in that 3rd inning. Then the wheels fall off and he gives up the three spot and boom we were down 3 again. I did notice as well he got a lot of 2 strike counts and then gave up big hits with curve balls grooved up and in the middle of the plate. The home run was a two strike count and so was a big triple he gave up. His location was off and he was grooving curve balls high and in the center of the plate. When he does that, he won't beat anyone.

With that said, I don't think Laster and Lindgren will groove balls in the upper middle part of the plate like Mitchell did tonight. I think we will hold them to 2-3 runs. It will be up to our offense to get 5 or 6. I like where our bullpen sets over theirs.

engie
06-02-2014, 12:03 AM
I was told Kyle Hann was supposed to have all kind of power potential when he arrived. 5'8"

Remember when 5'9" Jonathan Ogden hit 8 HR with 20 XBH.

Luke Adkins (5'8) second only to Conner Powers in XBH, with 24... 8 HR..

You know your argument is a poor one when your primary examples are pre-BBCOR...

Nice failure of an attempt to draw some kind of actual correlation from 2 different eras...

And on Hann -- I'm calling bullshit. Show me. He and Robson were always the same type of singles hitters. There was a little hope last summer when he hit a couple bombs, but outside that, no one I have ever seen expected him to actually hit for power.

Pioneer Dawg
06-02-2014, 12:17 AM
You know your argument is a poor one when your primary examples are pre-BBCOR...

Nice failure of an attempt to draw some kind of actual correlation from 2 different eras...

And on Hann -- I'm calling bullshit. Show me. He and Robson were always the same type of singles hitters. There was a little hope last summer when he hit a couple bombs, but outside that, no one I have ever seen expected him to actually hit for power.

His teammates used the same bats, correct?? 5'8 had more XBH than everyone not names Conner Powers. Meaning more XBH than Russ Snead, Ryan Duffy, Nick Vickerson....

And those are just examples of MSU baseball. Small sample.. Coach who teaches slaps... Not many to pick from...

I remember people hyping Hann and his HR from Cuba and how he was supposed to be a fire hydrant like Dan Uggla

Dawg61
06-02-2014, 12:17 AM
Mitchell hung a 1-2 curve to Gimli and got raped for it and then really struggled when the Blue refused to call the outside or left side strike. Mitchell must have that call just like Tom Glavine must have it to be effective. When he's forced to bring the pitch back in 3-4 inches to accommodate the umpires miniature strike-zone you see what happens. Cohen needs to be all over this. If Blue doesn't call the outside strike for Mitchell he might as well pull him before it gets ugly. 81 mph fastballs belt high and in the middle of the plate are going to get crushed no matter who the pitcher is. Ross also got burned by the turf multiple times. ULL must of had 8-10 hits on the ground that I'd think at least 3-4 of them get turned into double plays at Dudy. Ross didn't get one double play from the defense I don't think. How many times has that ever happened when he pitches? Zero till tonight probably.

engie
06-02-2014, 12:27 AM
These aren't 6'3 235 Mashers. Engie, you're telling me we shouldnt be teaching a DOUBLES approach... You're smarter than that.. We are a big time program and we cannot get doubles.... Come on.

Where did I say we shouldn't teach a doubles approach? There you go with your straw man bullshit again when your actual position is a ridiculous one.

I said you don't teach a power approach to non power hitters. You milk players for what they do well. This is something our coaches have excelled at while at MSU. But you are dead-set on going full retard on something you don't have a clue about in reality. You are Phillip in Trouble with the Curve.

I'm still waiting on you to give examples of us taking proven power hitters and turning him into a slap singles guy...

engie
06-02-2014, 12:30 AM
His teammates used the same bats, correct?? 5'8 had more XBH than everyone not names Conner Powers. Meaning more XBH than Russ Snead, Ryan Duffy, Nick Vickerson....

And those are just examples of MSU baseball. Small sample.. Coach who teaches slaps... Not many to pick from...

I remember people hyping Hann and his HR from Cuba and how he was supposed to be a fire hydrant like Dan Uggla

I'm waiting on you to show me where I said "no short guys can hit for power"...

I was making a factual gross generalization. What you are doing is essentially arguing that grass isn't green because you saw a patch that was brown one time.

Pioneer Dawg
06-02-2014, 12:45 AM
CT and Henderson can do nothing but hit singles with those swings. Obviously we have never taken a guy from producing XBH to not, but we don't allow for them to actually produce in the first place.

Cody Brown, Jake Vick, Seth Heck... All could have 20+ XBH next year with good swing coaching.

Collins, Hump, and Garner 25+

MarketingBully01
06-02-2014, 01:02 AM
CT and Henderson can do nothing but hit singles with those swings. Obviously we have never taken a guy from producing XBH to not, but we don't allow for them to actually produce in the first place.

Cody Brown, Jake Vick, Seth Heck... All could have 20+ XBH next year with good swing coaching.

Collins, Hump, and Garner 25+

Henderson hit a double tonight so there's that....