06-01-2014, 07:51 PM
Good for him.

DawgSaint
06-01-2014, 07:55 PM
Good for him.

Happen to have a link to that?

maroonmania
06-01-2014, 08:05 PM
What happened? Something happen at our game last night or something today?

Homedawg
06-01-2014, 08:07 PM
Well I say either a public apology or no more jsu in football. We can give our 500k to Alcorn or valley. That makes their year every 2/3 years. Even w that I'm almost to the point of who cares. Let them sleep in the bed this dude made.

Todd4State
06-01-2014, 08:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaKq0rN6g7Q&feature=youtu.be&app=desktop

Says that ESPN edited and twisted the interview. I don't know that I believe that, but I'm happy he at least acknowledged it.

Homedawg
06-01-2014, 08:50 PM
Did his post game last night get edited and twisted? Full of shit.

Goat Holder
06-01-2014, 09:08 PM
Look. You guys need to open your eyes and maybe you'll see.

Nobody likes to be treated like a charity case. His team was in a regional, and that's how the media treats me? Yeah, I'm probably coming back with a smart ass response too. That shit puts you on the defensive. And I have no doubt ESPN twisted up the interview to make it sound worse than it really was. Reality TV makes a business of it. Could he have handled it better? Sure. But I, like him, have zero patience with the media. They don't know shit about shit, and live to try and make drama stories about men who are actually DOING and accomplishing shit. You pro-media guys kill me. I will always side with the interviewee until proven otherwise.

BeastMan
06-01-2014, 09:19 PM
The problem with your argument Goat is that he was given a 2nd opportunity in the post game as well. Dude came off like a prick twice and then backed off today.

paco
06-01-2014, 09:40 PM
17 him for a lifetime. His words mean nothing to me. 17 him!

Todd4State
06-01-2014, 10:07 PM
Did his post game last night get edited and twisted? Full of shit.

That's why I'm not buying the edited and twisted part.

State82
06-01-2014, 11:00 PM
That's why I'm not buying the edited and twisted part.

Me either. He's full of it.

BulldogBear
06-02-2014, 12:15 AM
Damage Control.

So, I suppose ESPN edited/deleted the tweets by JSU players thanking MState for the equipment***

Pioneer Dawg
06-02-2014, 12:27 AM
Wasn't it a live interview?

BulldogBear
06-02-2014, 12:31 AM

tHAT'S WHAT i THOUGHT

grrr....capslock

RougeDawg
06-02-2014, 12:44 AM

^^This^^. It was the regular in game interview they have with each coach. No editing at all.

sbcmortgageman
06-02-2014, 05:21 AM
The JSU players who tweeted a thank you tweet got deleted too right?

Johnson85
06-02-2014, 07:56 AM
Nobody likes to be treated like a charity case. His team was in a regional, and that's how the media treats me? Yeah, I'm probably coming back with a smart ass response too. That shit puts you on the defensive.

That's true and understandable, but the reality is, when you are a charity case, you need to swallow your pride and act grateful. If you don't like being a charity case, the answer is to not be a charity case. It sucks for him and JSU that there's no way for him to do that other than by leaving JSU. Even if he built a dominate program that people in the JSU alumni base and jackson community were willing to support, Title IX would prevent them from being self sufficient.

That said, I have no problem as a State fan with what he said. He just made his university look bad. Comegy's (sp?) comment, however, was more of an attack on State, acting like we weren't giving them a fair share of the proceeds (despite the fact that it was their biggest payout ever). Their should have been a threat behind the scene telling them that if anything came out of JSU's camp ever again that was anything other than how great MSU was to give JSU a SEC game and payout and how grateful they were that MSU was helping JSU out, that they would be left out of the rotation in the future.

quickstrike2
06-02-2014, 08:10 AM
Nobody ever really apologizes anymore. They just come out with some statement that kind of sounds like an apology without apologizing, but really just blame someone else for "twisting" or "skewing" what they said, even though that's what they said.

Political Hack
06-02-2014, 08:14 AM
I would cut them out of the rotation. there are plenty of universities who will appreciate the pay day/equipment/donations more than them.

Trade them in for Jacksonville State. They remind me a lot of State anyway... whipping OM's ass on the footba field all the time and stuff. They'd probably like wearing our colors.

War Machine Dawg
06-02-2014, 08:30 AM
I would cut them out of the rotation. there are plenty of universities who will appreciate the pay day/equipment/donations more than them.

Trade them in for Jacksonville State. They remind me a lot of State anyway... whipping OM's ass on the footba field all the time and stuff. They'd probably like wearing our colors.

Completely agree. And it's not like this is JSU's first infraction. They bitched about their payday the first time we played them. I say F them, and let 'em go find a money game & equipment from someone else. Screw this "we're in the same state and should help each other BS." Sounds like a bunch of BearSharks when they lose to us.

DudyDawg
06-02-2014, 10:31 AM
Goat, its 2014. Coaches aren't hired solely to coach anymore. With the growth of technology has come the growth of the job. Nowadays, some kid in the Philippines can pull that interview up on his laptop. That means you have to play the media game as a coach. Even the littlest things are seen by everyone. You have to make sure you don't provide something worth seeing as a coach, and that's not what he did.