PDA

View Full Version : So apparently, Lafayette is going to save Boutte for us...

CadaverDawg
05-31-2014, 11:35 PM
Or at least their fans are hoping so. I actually love this, because based on what they're saying, he is their #3 guy and is a lefty. Most feel like we will need to score some runs to beat them, and I love the idea of Heck, Henderson, Humphreys, Collins, Pirtle, Rea, etc...all in the order facing a lefty with the Regional on the line. I'm sure marketingBully will agree that this could be a good thing if they save the lefty for us.

Goat Holder
05-31-2014, 11:46 PM
Boutte is their ace, at least according to stats. As always, our chances lie with our pitching and clutch hitting. We simply never know when they come and go.

CadaverDawg
05-31-2014, 11:48 PM
Boutte is their ace, at least according to stats.

He's not their Ace according to their fans. He's their Sunday guy, and their fans called Robicheaux their 1A and Baranik their 1B or something like that. They're all hoping their coach doesn't waste Boutte on JSU. Wish JSU would beat em again, ha

msstate7
05-31-2014, 11:50 PM
Jsu beat their ace 1-0. Will ull's coach roll the dice?

CadaverDawg
05-31-2014, 11:55 PM
Jsu beat their ace 1-0. Will ull's coach roll the dice?

Apparently so. They all seem to think they will start their midweek guy that has been struggling of late...Milhorn or something like that.

starkvegasdawg
05-31-2014, 11:55 PM
Best case scenario would be a 12-11 game that went 15 innings. That would absolutely decimate the pitching staffs of both teams. Especially considering they're going to have to win two. Just wish I could convince myself there was a chance in hell of that happening. JSU has already shown they hit worse than us. I don't see them scoring more than 2-3 runs at best. Betting ULL rolls them tomorrow.

CadaverDawg
05-31-2014, 11:57 PM
Best case scenario would be a 12-11 game that went 15 innings. That would absolutely decimate the pitching staffs of both teams. Especially considering they're going to have to win two. Just wish I could convince myself there was a chance in hell of that happening. JSU has already shown they hit worse than us. I don't see them scoring more than 2-3 runs at best. Betting ULL rolls them tomorrow.

Yea, I'd be stunned if Lafayette didn't win by 10+ tomorrow. JSU has to be out of pitching.

Todd4State
06-01-2014, 12:29 AM
And here's the good thing about being in the winner's bracket.

Let's say they use their midweek guy and beat JSU's number three- which is likely. ESPECIALLY since I'm sure ULL is going to want some payback.

And let's say they pitch Boutte against us and win. I like our chances with Ross, but again it's not out of the question.

OK- so then we go to a game on Monday. We have Laster. Cohen probably won't pitch Holder tomorrow with Lindgren being fresh, but he'll be available Monday. We also have Gentry who is tough on RH hitters as well. We might even have Lindgren depending on how deep Ross goes. Who is ULL going to throw? Either their fifth guy or a tired starter on short rest like Robicheaux. Advantage us.

If JSU happens to pull off the Miracle in the Swamp 2.0- no way they are going to have the pitching to hold up and win two in a row against us.

Todd4State
06-01-2014, 12:34 AM

Exactly- they've scored a grand total of two runs. And the one that was scored against us was walked in when they only had one hit the entire inning and Bracewell wasn't finishing 3-2 counts- some of which could have probably gone either way. Surprisingly their pitching and defense has carried them in this tournament- although we won in large part because they were lazy on defense in the outfield and took a couple of extra bases on them which ended up being pretty big.

The only way they lose again is if they truly just can't hit junk ball pitchers at all and JSU has just about everything go their way again.

Buddy
06-01-2014, 07:34 AM
Looks like they've still got some quality arms left. It's not going to be easy.

http://www.ragincajuns.com/cumestats.aspx?path=baseball&year=2014

MarketingBully01
06-01-2014, 08:46 AM
Looks like they've still got some quality arms left. It's not going to be easy.

http://www.ragincajuns.com/cumestats.aspx?path=baseball&year=2014

Depends on what you are looking at. The only other starter they have left worth a shit is the lefty Cadaver mentioned and since he is a lefty we should be able to score some runs. You really can't tell how great their staff is anyway since they really didn't play anyone this year. We still have Mitchell, Laster, and Lindgren. You throw those three lefties at them it should at least produce one win. I am thinking if they save the lefty for us we will win something like 7-3. I am hoping they save that kid for us.

MarketingBully01
06-01-2014, 08:49 AM
My thinking is with the lefty going we will have this lineup

1 Heck
2 Bradford
3 Pirtle
4 Collins
5 Rea
6 Humphries
7 Henderson
8 Armstrong
9 Britton

That lineup will score some runs.

Pioneer Dawg
06-01-2014, 09:14 AM
Heck
Pirtle
Humphreys
Collins
Bradford
Detz
Henderson
Brown
Britton

Could we not teach Hump or Garner to play 1B over the course of the season because having both of them today would be cool.

Cajuns29
06-01-2014, 09:26 AM
My thinking is with the lefty going we will have this lineup

1 Heck
2 Bradford
3 Pirtle
4 Collins
5 Rea
6 Humphries
7 Henderson
8 Armstrong
9 Britton

That lineup will score some runs.
Did y'all miss the score last night? 3 runs off a softened up JSU. BWAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Todd4State
06-01-2014, 09:27 AM
Did y'all miss the score last night? 3 runs off a softened up JSU. BWAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Really? After you LOST to them and got shut out in the process?

gravedigger
06-01-2014, 09:35 AM

You are so right. Wish we were in the losers bracket. Jokes on us.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
06-01-2014, 09:35 AM

Softened up? JSU pitched their ace against us. And we scored 3 more runs against them than the so-called "number 1 team in the country" did.

HailHud
06-01-2014, 10:03 AM
Apparently so. They all seem to think they will start their midweek guy that has been struggling of late...Milhorn or something like that.

Milhorn (originally an Arkansas signee) was a very good Sunday guy until he missed time with an oblique strain. He still has good stuff, but has been hanging pitches and been getting lit up pretty bad lately. Robe gave him a few late season starts to get his confidence back, but he's not reliable enough at this point and you guys will probably not see him

TLDR- Boutte is now our #3 guy and filled in when Milhorn went down. Boutte will not pitch against j state today

DapperDawg
06-01-2014, 10:11 AM

Your post is the equivalent of laughing at a guy, whose 3 inch dick is hanging out, while your one inch dick is poking out.

PMDawg
06-01-2014, 10:12 AM
So saying you win with Milhorn and Booty. Who's left for tomorrow?

CadaverDawg
06-01-2014, 10:13 AM

You just embarrassed yourself, your fan base, and your Small University of Lafayette. Good work

DownwardDawg
06-01-2014, 10:15 AM

I think this is a first. A fan of another school, who got SHUT OUT by a SWAC team, laughing at us for beating that SWAC team because we only scored 3 runs. I'm embarrassed for you. Please stop.

Cajuns29
06-01-2014, 10:32 AM
I think this is a first. A fan of another school, who got SHUT OUT by a SWAC team, laughing at us for beating that SWAC team because we only scored 3 runs. I'm embarrassed for you. Please stop.

You're right. I'm a loser and I pee sitting down.

HailHud
06-01-2014, 10:34 AM
So saying you win with Milhorn and Booty. Who's left for tomorrow?

Looks like Charpentier (freshman) is getting the nod for game 1 today with Boutte tonight.

Looks like Johnny Wholestaff would go on Monday. Wilson was our #2 last season and would probably get the start.

My hope is Milhorn can eat up some innings today in relief and save Matt hicks for tonight or tomorrow. Our closer is Bazar who is 6'7 freshman that has touches 100 on a regular basis. He could be used as more middle relief if needed as well.

DownwardDawg
06-01-2014, 10:35 AM
And your rude azz fans that scraped up gas money are done watching live games.

You are an embarrassment to your state. Oh, and I've never heard anyone call our fans rude. We have nothing to be rude about. MSU fans are about as polite as you'll ever encounter.

GreenheadDawg
06-01-2014, 10:38 AM
And your rude azz fans that scraped up gas money are done watching live games. Please leave town now. Don't come back.

thats rich. A coon ass calling us rude. thanks for the laugh. Go eat some boudin and STFU

DownwardDawg
06-01-2014, 10:38 AM
Looks like Charpentier (freshman) is getting the nod for game 1 today with Boutte tonight.

Looks like Johnny Wholestaff would go on Monday. Wilson was our #2 last season and would probably get the start.

My hope is Milhorn can eat up some innings today in relief and save Matt hicks for tonight or tomorrow. Our closer is Bazar who is 6'7 freshman that has touches 100 on a regular basis. He could be used as more middle relief if needed as well.

If y'all can pull off the win tonight, tomorrow will be real interesting. We'll still have Laster who has been really good lately but your hitting gives you a chance against anyone. Hopefully Ross can close it out for us tonight!

msstate7
06-01-2014, 10:44 AM

Bazar has given up 22 free passes and 25 hits in 31 innings. He may throw 100, but it hardly seems harnessed

Pioneer Dawg
06-01-2014, 10:47 AM
Bazar has given up 22 free passes and 25 hits in 31 innings. He may throw 100, but it hardly seems harnessed

We had Evan Mitchell too.

Pioneer Dawg
06-01-2014, 10:48 AM
thats rich. A coon ass calling us rude. thanks for the laugh. Go eat some boudin and STFU

Hear hear

CadaverDawg
06-01-2014, 10:53 AM

Thanks for your first honest comment

HailHud
06-01-2014, 10:53 AM

He's very effective in the closer role. He got a mid week start late in the season and IMO not his best fit right now

starkvegasdawg
06-01-2014, 10:55 AM

Must have had a crawfish pinch him in the balls last night.

HailHud
06-01-2014, 10:59 AM
You are an embarrassment to your state. Oh, and I've never heard anyone call our fans rude. We have nothing to be rude about. MSU fans are about as polite as you'll ever encounter.

Your fans definitely turned out last night. Id say at least 2000 there. It will be interesting if we meet up tonight, because all of the tickets are spoken for. Your IRL fans were all very friendly and polite. Most of our fans are the same way, but everyone has a few internet tough guys

DudyDawg
06-01-2014, 11:40 AM

Is there not some kind of age limit for creating an account? Who let a nine year old make one

M.Fillmore
06-01-2014, 11:57 AM
FWIW, I like HailHud. He supports his team without being a jerk.
I say he's welcome to hang around here after the regional.

TheRef
06-01-2014, 11:58 AM
FWIW, I like HailHud. He supports his team without being a jerk.
I say he's welcome to hang around here after the regional.

Agreed. I approve of HailHud. Glad to have you here on EliteDawgs, bud.

Political Hack
06-01-2014, 11:59 AM
Your fans definitely turned out last night. Id say at least 2000 there. It will be interesting if we meet up tonight, because all of the tickets are spoken for. Your IRL fans were all very friendly and polite. Most of our fans are the same way, but everyone has a few internet tough guys

haha. I would call that guy tough after he admitted to peeing sitting down.

DownwardDawg
06-01-2014, 12:29 PM
Thanks for your first honest comment

Haha!

Todd4State
06-01-2014, 12:38 PM

We want Hud!

defiantdog
06-01-2014, 01:15 PM
You know honestly, I thought all Lafayette residents were LSU fans.

Behrdawg
06-01-2014, 02:24 PM

See ya, Cajun

HailHud
06-01-2014, 02:55 PM

Thanks guys. I appreciate that.

In all honesty, I'm 100% Louisiana born and raised, but my entire extended family is from Mississippi (and mostly diehard State fans) , so maybe I can relate (no pun intended) to you guys better than most Cajun fans.

Looking forward to a great game tonight and hopefully Monday as well.