PDA

View Full Version : help Tusker with this "baseball" thingy...

TUSK
05-31-2014, 04:34 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong:

1 - Bammer has to beat the Kens. St./GA Sthrn loser, then beat the winner twice to advance to a "Super Regional" (16 teams).

2 - The SR is best of 3 games to advance to Omaha (8 teams).

3 - At Omaha, it's double elimination until the last pairing.

4 - Nick Saban is really not that short; he's just a shapeshifter.

Todd4State
05-31-2014, 04:37 PM
1- Yes.

2- Also correct.

3- Correct again. You have four teams on each side of the bracket. The winner's play the best 2 out of 3 in the National Championship series.

4- Nick who?

State82
05-31-2014, 04:38 PM
You are correct on 1-3. CWS is divided into two 4-team brackets set up in double elimination play. The two bracket winners then face off in a best of 3 series. I'm not privy #4.

MarketingBully01
05-31-2014, 04:44 PM
You guys have a chance. Not sure how much pitching depth KSU and GSU have but those are the 3 and 4 seeds in your regional. Was rooting for you guys to win. If you can pull it out, odds are good you will go to Louisville for Supers but a Super Regional would be a good step for your team.

DownwardDawg
05-31-2014, 04:48 PM
You guys have a chance. Not sure how much pitching depth KSU and GSU have but those are the 3 and 4 seeds in your regional. Was rooting for you guys to win. If you can pull it out, odds are good you will go to Louisville for Supers but a Super Regional would be a good step for your team.

I like Bama to win the regional now. No way those other two can match pitching depth.

Political Hack
05-31-2014, 05:33 PM
yes, and Little Nicky is a wee man.