PDA

View Full Version : Better show some respect for ULL

FFF
05-31-2014, 04:00 PM
These guys are a good club, I don't care if they are in the SEC or not. Their infield is every bit as good as the best of the SEC. Third Baseman and SS have made highlight reel plays all day.

We have to limit damage early on, pitch it well and keep them off-balance... and fight through ABs. If we can stay within 3-4 runs going into the 6th or so, we'll be in it.

But don't fool yourself... this is a good club.

msstate7
05-31-2014, 04:03 PM
Stay within 3-4 runs thru 6 against their 4th starter with our ace pitching?

FFF
05-31-2014, 04:05 PM
Dude, take off your maroon glasses for just a second... If we can't hit their 4th starter, they can score. If they can beat our Ace and take it to Monday, they might have THEIR ace ready to pitch again. They defend the field very well and they can hit as well as anyone.

The X factor is our offense.

thunderclap
05-31-2014, 04:05 PM
17 em.

msstate7
05-31-2014, 04:09 PM
Dude, take off your maroon glasses for just a second... If we can't hit their 4th starter, they can score. If they can beat our Ace and take it to Monday, they might have THEIR ace ready to pitch again. They defend the field very well and they can hit as well as anyone.

No team that is on their 4th starter facing 3 of the sec's best pitchers having to win that game and 1 more is in a good position.

FFF
05-31-2014, 04:11 PM
No team that is on their 4th starter facing 3 of the sec's best pitchers having to win that game and 1 more is in a good position.

We have to take care of business. We have to hit well, particularly with 2 outs and RISP. We will not beat these guys scoring under 3 runs and if it goes to Monday, they have the clear advantage. For our sakes (assuming we win tonight), we better close the door on this thing tomorrow.

CadaverDawg
05-31-2014, 04:14 PM
We have to take care of business. We have to hit well, particularly with 2 outs and RISP. We will not beat these guys scoring under 3 runs and if it goes to Monday, they have the clear advantage. For our sakes (assuming we win tonight), we better close the door on this thing tomorrow.

You have no way of knowing that we can't win scoring 2-3 runs. Just sayin.

msstate7
05-31-2014, 04:18 PM

Esp considering they just lost 1-0 to jsu

FFF
05-31-2014, 04:18 PM

It's an extremely safe bet that we can't win scoring that few. I'm just saying these guys are going to hit the ball and they are going to be very solid defensively in the field. They are every bit as good as Kentucky, if not better (Kentucky's pitching is not that good... and don't discount that we threw Ross against UK in the Tourney and lost).

Dawgface
05-31-2014, 04:19 PM
17 em.

Agree.

FFF
05-31-2014, 04:20 PM
Esp considering they just lost 1-0 to jsu

Give up that argument... that was their first shutout of the year. These guys AVERAGE 6 runs a game. I'm in NO WAY going to be convinced these guys are not good offensively because they had a bad game. They have 9 runs now and have left countless runners on base.

msstate7
05-31-2014, 04:22 PM
I'm very confident this regional is done. I'm also of the opinion that my confidence (overconfidence) has absolutely nothing to do with the actual team. Preaching overconfidence to the fans is a useless exercise. Tell the team -- they're the ones that actually matter

MarketingBully01
05-31-2014, 04:23 PM

I nominate this thread for "Chicken Little" and "Duh" threads of the year all in one. It gets the chicken little thread for acting like ULL is even better then they are because they are coming through the loser's bracket and then expecting that a fan'a opinion matters at all in what our team thinks. Not to mention he adds in "that is if we win tonight." Good one there.

Then it gets the "Duh" post of the year that if ULL beats us tomorrow to send it to Monday they will have the momentum. Of course they will have the momentum if they beat us tomorrow since they are the home team and national seed.

My thinking is we pitch Laster tonight to beat JSU 8-1 then beat ULL tomorrow with soft throwing lefty Ross Mitchell 4-0. Chill out dude. We win tonight and we are in the driver's seat of the regional. Where is Curmudgeon when you need him? He surely needs to rip FFF if I got ripped for what I said earlier.

Goat Holder
05-31-2014, 04:23 PM
Agreed. We have a long ass way to go before this is over. Especially at their place. They will beat JSU 25-1 tomorrow and then take dead aim at us. Cajuns are friggin' fearless.

MarketingBully01
05-31-2014, 04:25 PM

Cadaver, in my post earlier to your nominee posts, this is the Chicken Little Post examples I was talking about.

FFF
05-31-2014, 04:25 PM
I nominate this thread for "Chicken Little" and "Duh" threads of the year all in one. It gets the chicken little thread for acting like ULL is even better then they are because they are coming through the loser's bracket and then expecting that a fan'a opinion matters at all in what our team thinks. Not to mention he adds in "that is if we win tonight." Good one there.

Then it gets the "Duh" post of the year that if ULL beats us tomorrow to send it to Monday they will have the momentum. Of course they will have the momentum if they beat us tomorrow since they are the home team and national seed.

My thinking is we pitch Laster tonight to beat JSU 8-1 then beat ULL tomorrow with soft throwing lefty Ross Mitchell 4-0. Chill out dude. We win tonight and we are in the driver's seat of the regional. Where is Curmudgeon when you need him? He surely needs to rip FFF if I got ripped for what I said earlier.

Mk. I'll be sure to bookmark your statements.

MarketingBully01
05-31-2014, 04:26 PM
Ugh, here we go...

BulldogBear
BEWARE THE CAJUN RAILROAD

MarketingBully01

We could bookmark the bookmark...

msstate7
05-31-2014, 04:27 PM

They are done! Bookmark that

MarketingBully01
05-31-2014, 04:28 PM
Let me get this straight. ULL screwed themselves by losing to JAckson State last night of which pitching depth and their bullpen are both weaknesses on their team and somehow that makes them stronger to MSU fans?

msstate7
05-31-2014, 04:31 PM
Here's another think to bookmark.

My boy, Ross will be swigging mtn dews in a victory celebration.

basedog
05-31-2014, 04:35 PM
Damn, I'm hiding my children, you scared the devil out me and I ain't taken no chances with my family!

Hey, I think ALL Msu fans and especially the baseball team are aware of what they have to do. Still, I like our chances as I bet UL-L is just as concerned.

Pressure is on them for the moment. Btw, I will take our pitching and defense over their hitting, but that's just me!

msstate7
05-31-2014, 04:45 PM
Agreed. We have a long ass way to go before this is over. Especially at their place. They will beat JSU 25-1 tomorrow and then take dead aim at us. Cajuns are friggin' fearless.

Of course you think we'll lose. You preached our eulogy early in the week

MarketingBully01
05-31-2014, 04:48 PM
Of course you think we'll lose. You preached our eulogy early in the week

LOL, yep classic goat.

engie
05-31-2014, 05:48 PM
No poor ole MSU mentality to be found around here these days....

FFF
05-31-2014, 06:00 PM
No poor ole MSU mentality to be found around here these days....

Just because I objectively say "Hey guys, ULL is good..." where in that did I come close to saying "poor ol' MSU?" I guess I need to buy maroon glasses and pimp everything MSU as "the best that ever existed" so I can appease the sunshine pumpers on here, huh?

I guess I shoudl have said "GUIS WE ARE GOIN TO KICK DAT CAJUN ASS SO HARD CUZ WE ARE MISSIPPI STATE THE BEST EVERRRRRR"

CadaverDawg
05-31-2014, 06:02 PM
Just because I objectively say "Hey guys, ULL is good..." where in that did I come close to saying "poor ol' MSU?" I guess I need to buy maroon glasses and pimp everything MSU as "the best that ever existed" so I can appease the sunshine pumpers on here, huh?

I guess I shoudl have said "GUIS WE ARE GOIN TO KICK DAT CAJUN ASS SO HARD CUZ WE ARE MISSIPPI STATE THE BEST EVERRRRRR"

No, you just acted like everyone here was bad mouthing and disrespecting ULL, when they weren't. And then gave them tons of credit while acting like we'd have to play the game of our lives to beat them.

FFF
05-31-2014, 06:04 PM
No, you just acted like everyone here was bad mouthing and disrespecting ULL, when they weren't. And then gave them tons of credit while acting like we'd have to play the game of our lives to beat them.

So? They are good and we are going to have to play really good to beat them.

engie
05-31-2014, 06:15 PM

Your entire position is "poor ole MSU". The fact that you can't see it makes it hilarious.

How about this -- let those f'ers RESPECT the national runner ups(News flash: They don't). They are a Sun Belt team that just took the worst loss IN THE HISTORY OF NATIONAL SEEDS. They want my respect, they can come and f'n take it. I'm not granting them crap on the front end.

msstate7
05-31-2014, 06:27 PM
Your entire position is "poor ole MSU". The fact that you can't see it makes it hilarious.

How about this -- let those f'ers RESPECT the national runner ups(News flash: They don't). They are a Sun Belt team that just took the worst loss IN THE HISTORY OF NATIONAL SEEDS. They want my respect, they can come and f'n take it. I'm not granting them crap on the front end.

Likes this post

MarketingBully01
05-31-2014, 08:52 PM

This all day. Great post Engie.

DudyDawg
05-31-2014, 09:02 PM
I didn't realize that people weren't "respecting" ULL. Also didn't realize that we are playing the Dodgers. Thanks for the input FFF

DownwardDawg
05-31-2014, 09:17 PM

Strong

I seen it dawg
05-31-2014, 09:20 PM
What Engie said. **** ULL.

smootness
06-01-2014, 12:03 AM

Yeah, totally fearless. They came and just took it from the 3 seed...after tightening those sphincters to unprecedented levels against Jackson St. Fearless.

drunkernhelldawg
06-01-2014, 12:31 AM
We have a huge advantage, but I do agree that we need to hit well and close it out. Don't wanna go to Monday.

msstate7
06-01-2014, 06:28 AM
We have a huge advantage, but I do agree that we need to hit well and close it out. Don't wanna go to Monday.

Ross Mitchell gonna take care of business tonight.

FFF
06-01-2014, 09:34 PM
Ross Mitchell gonna take care of business tonight.

nm

FFF
06-01-2014, 09:35 PM

Yup. Poor ol' MSU.

FFF
06-01-2014, 09:36 PM
Here's another think to bookmark.

My boy, Ross will be swigging mtn dews in a victory celebration.

Nice call, slick.

msstate7
06-01-2014, 09:36 PM
Nice call, slick.

I know you're happy tonight.

FFF
06-01-2014, 09:37 PM
Let me get this straight. ULL screwed themselves by losing to JAckson State last night of which pitching depth and their bullpen are both weaknesses on their team and somehow that makes them stronger to MSU fans?

Hey assholes, instead of throwing someone who offers a different opinion other than the standard "sunshine pumping" under the bus, might ought to listen to what they say. Meanwhile, we can't sit these guys down.

msstate7
06-01-2014, 09:40 PM
Hey assholes, instead of throwing someone who offers a different opinion other than the standard "sunshine pumping" under the bus, might ought to listen to what they say. Meanwhile, we can't sit these guys down.
You make me sick. You'd rather brag about calling out state losing than be wrong and we win. Congrats. Go 17 yourself

FFF
06-01-2014, 09:43 PM
You make me sick. You'd rather brag about calling out state losing than be wrong and we win. Congrats. Go 17 yourself

Im not bragging because we are losing, asshole. I just knew better than to think we'd walk out with a 6-2 win and ross chugging Mt. Dew in a victory celebration. Just because these guys aren't in the mighty SEC, doesn't mean they aren't good. I wish we could have pitched a little better, but they are turning on good pitches and turning them into triples.

Maroonthirteen
06-01-2014, 09:44 PM
I will say this. ULL is extremely talented hitters. But they lost to JState! ....and didn't score a run.

I'm thinking ULL was extremely hung over or lost for the sport of it. How the hell did that happen!!! I bet you didn't call that though.

FFF
06-01-2014, 09:46 PM
I will say this. ULL is extremely talented hitters. But they lost to JState! ....and didn't score a run.

I'm thinking ULL was extremely hung over or lost for the sport of it. How the hell did that happen!!! I bet you didn't call that though.

No, but to think we'd walk away with an easy win tonight because JSU miraculously shut them out was a long shot because I knew they'd be pissed the 17 off. We were going to have to swing the bats hard to win.

ScoobaDawg
06-01-2014, 09:47 PM
No, but to think we'd walk away with an easy win tonight because JSU miraculously shut them out was a long shot because I knew they'd be pissed the 17 off. We were going to have to swing the bats hard to win.

Look...Shut the F*ck up... we are getting our asses handed to us and you are on here pounding your damn chest saying look at me.
EAT SH!t and f*ck off.

msstate7
06-01-2014, 09:49 PM
Look...Shut the F*ck up... we are getting our asses handed to us and you are on here pounding your damn chest saying look at me.
EAT SH!t and f*ck off.

Exactly. He's happy. Rather be right and we lose than wrong and we win. Great fan

engie
06-01-2014, 09:50 PM
Yup. Poor ol' MSU.

Still oblivious to the meaning of that statement I see.

Go celebrate in a corner quitter...

Maroonthirteen
06-01-2014, 09:55 PM
Nobody gives a damn what you thought. Because even though your thoughts were right, it does nothing to help State tomorrow..... Or today.

FFF
06-01-2014, 09:59 PM
EAT SH!t and f*ck off.

No... throughout this whole thread, I was thrown under the 17ing bus for stating an objective opinion and you expect me to just "shut up?" I'm not gonna sit around and pump the standard party line about all thing MSU while wearing my maroon glasses because this site was for "discussion of all things MSU." I offered my opinion that we would have a hard time beating these guys and MarketingBully, msstate7, and engie came to save the 17ing day and throw me under the bus and you guys just expect me to roll over and not say anything? Chicken little, my ass..

I seen it dawg
06-01-2014, 10:01 PM
No... throughout this whole thread, I was thrown under the 17ing bus for stating an objective opinion and you expect me to just "shut up?" I'm not gonna sit around and pump the standard party line about all thing MSU while wearing my maroon glasses because this site was for "discussion of all things MSU."

Why don't you take the rest of the night off and let it be...

CadaverDawg
06-01-2014, 10:17 PM
No... throughout this whole thread, I was thrown under the 17ing bus for stating an objective opinion and you expect me to just "shut up?" I'm not gonna sit around and pump the standard party line about all thing MSU while wearing my maroon glasses because this site was for "discussion of all things MSU." I offered my opinion that we would have a hard time beating these guys and MarketingBully, msstate7, and engie came to save the 17ing day and throw me under the bus and you guys just expect me to roll over and not say anything? Chicken little, my ass..

You seriously breaking this shit out DURING THE GAME? Jesus.

FFF
06-01-2014, 10:23 PM
Why don't you take the rest of the night off and let it be...

Lock the thread. Cadaver is busy taking pot shots while I have to take the night off?

ScoobaDawg
06-01-2014, 10:26 PM
Lock the thread. Cadaver is busy taking pot shots while I have to take the night off?

Take the hint...

I seen it dawg
06-01-2014, 10:28 PM

You ****ing started it trying to puff your chest out about being right. Should have waited until tomorrow. Don't be stupid.

I seen it dawg
06-01-2014, 10:29 PM
And I'm not locking shit. Show some maturity and just leave it alone.

MarketingBully01
06-02-2014, 12:39 AM
Still oblivious to the meaning of that statement I see.

Go celebrate in a corner quitter...

Engie, FFF showing his true colors right now. He is a rather be right then win kind of guy. Forgive our fans mighty FFF for trying to be positive and not have a negative woe is us attitude.

FFF
06-02-2014, 07:18 AM
Engie, FFF showing his true colors right now. He is a rather be right then win kind of guy. Forgive our fans mighty FFF for trying to be positive and not have a negative woe is us attitude.

I said ULL is a good team and we would have to play really well to beat them and you called me "Chicken Little" and said Ross would easily handle them. How is that a "woe is us" attitude?you guys gave them little to no credit because they aren't in the "mighty SEC" and threw me under the bus.

basedog
06-02-2014, 08:32 AM
FFF, give it a rest, right or wrong, it's getting childish, kinda like "you're it, no you didn't tag me, yes I did"! You know as well as most on here that there is gonna be a disagreement that gets ugly, save it for another day brother.

whatever
06-02-2014, 11:35 AM
FFF, give it a rest, right or wrong, it's getting childish, kinda like "you're it, no you didn't tag me, yes I did"! You know as well as most on here that there is gonna be a disagreement that gets ugly, save it for another day brother.

This board was built on a guy gloating when he was right about MSU losing, and he did it in a much worse and more annoying way.

Goat Holder
06-02-2014, 11:46 AM
This board was built on a guy gloating when he was right about MSU losing, and he did it in a much worse and more annoying way.

I agree with whatever. FFF called this thing for exactly what is was and got crucified. So that makes all the Coach34 disciples look like hypocritical sheep. Just because this is an MSU board with MSU only fans doesn't mean we have to be a bunch of Gene's Page wool herders. ULL is every bit as good as we are, not sure why you all can't admit that.

ScoobaDawg
06-02-2014, 11:51 AM
I agree with whatever. FFF called this thing for exactly what is was and got crucified. So that makes all the Coach34 disciples look like hypocritical sheep. Just because this is an MSU board with MSU only fans doesn't mean we have to be a bunch of Gene's Page wool herders. ULL is every bit as good as we are, not sure why you all can't admit that.

He shouldnt of come puffing his chest out in the middle of the game. Showed all he cared about was drawing attention to himself screaming look at me.

And not all of us are Coach "disciples" in any way.. Me and him used to butt heads constantly on 6pack and we still do from time to time. I just have very little in being on a board overrun by rebels and idiots.

MarketingBully01
06-02-2014, 11:53 AM

How were we supposed to know that Mitchell had arm soreness and because of said arm soreness he was going to groove pitches down the middle of the plate. They hit us pretty hard last night but it was obvious after the first inning that Mitchell didn't have his stuff and was throwing glorified batting practice to them. Add in some goofs in the field and you get your 14 runs. Hey, if they can do that to Lindgren and Holder tonight when they are on, they deserve to win the regional but until then I say we beat them 5-3 tonight. We aren't an over powering team but we can score some runs when needed. If they start a lefty we will beat them 8-3.

Goat Holder
06-02-2014, 11:54 AM
I hear you, chest puffing during a game we are losing is very annoying. But as I read back through that thread, he didn't start off that way. Some of those replies to him were ridiculous (before the game), then predictably he went on the defensive when he came out on the winning end (if you can really call it that).

maroonmania
06-02-2014, 11:57 AM

Touche'. I guess my only point in reading this entire thread is why does FFF think he is some genius because because he is saying ULL is a really good team and we will have to play well to beat them at the their place. I mean who is denying that? They aren't ranked #1 because they are the Lil Sisters of the Poor. Are we fully capable of beating them tonight, heck yea! But obviously we are going to have to pitch it much better than last night and take maximum advantage of our scoring opportunities. Its obvious from watching them and looking at their stats that they are a better offensive team than pitching and defense team so we need to hold them to a reasonable offensive output and have our hitting shoes on tonight.

MarketingBully01
06-02-2014, 11:57 AM

Also, whoopty shit. I got crucified for saying we hit leftys better then rightys and low and behold we scored 8 runs in last nights game which we totalled as many runs then the previous two and I am fine with getting crucified as long as people like FFF get crucified on here too for saying similar shit.

MarketingBully01
06-02-2014, 12:00 PM
I hear you, chest puffing during a game we are losing is very annoying. But as I read back through that thread, he didn't start off that way. Some of those replies to him were ridiculous (before the game), then predictably he went on the defensive when he came out on the winning end (if you can really call it that).

So if we win 8-3 tonight and now that we know Ross Mitchell was hurt what would all his chest puffing out mean then? Didly shit.

Goat Holder
06-02-2014, 12:08 PM
So if we win 8-3 tonight and now that we know Ross Mitchell was hurt what would all his chest puffing out mean then? Didly shit.

All FFF said in his original post was that we shouldn't take these guys lightly.

MarketingBully01
06-02-2014, 12:15 PM
All FFF said in his original post was that we shouldn't take these guys lightly.

Bull shit. The reason the post got so out of control is he was already conceding we would be down 3-4 runs. Then when someone questioned his initial post he railed msstate7 and it went down hill from there. If you are going to put your objective opinion out there, don't start it by saying we will be lucky to be within 3-4 runs. His theory was only proven right off the fact Mitchell is hurt. Really in hindsight Mitchell probably shouldn't of pitched if he couldn't locate that low strike. He is useless otherwise and why he struggled against Kentucky.

CadaverDawg
06-02-2014, 12:15 PM

Right, and nobody "bashed" him for his opinion. People just pointed out that in his opinionated "better watch out for these guys" post, he ONLY mentioned their great hitting and how we needed to be able to score a bunch of runs. Never acknowledged that we had a good pitching staff going up against them. So people simply pointed that out. Nobody (or not me anyway) said "you are ****ing wrong as shit for having that opinion!!! You are an asshole for not thinking we will kick their ass!!!". No, we simply pointed out some things he was ignoring. He ended up being right that we needed to score some runs, but hell, nobody said we didn't! He got all upset because people were countering his opinion with their own.

And then to come out pounding his chest mid-game as if he had predicted something, was not only childish and lame, but again...nobody, or not many, were saying he was wrong nor were we disrespecting ULL. "Confidence in MSU" is not "Disrespecting ULL".

You and FFF are completely missing the boat on this. He didn't say "ULL can score and they are going to beat our ass". No, he said, "better respect them"...and most of us did. So he was not "right" in any way, except for stating the obvious. Shit, the guys are ranked #1 and lead the nation in offense, it doesn't take Nostradamous to say "better respect these guys, they can score".

MarketingBully01
06-02-2014, 12:21 PM
In other words, it's not what he said but how he said it.

FFF
06-02-2014, 12:54 PM
Right, and nobody "bashed" him for his opinion. People just pointed out that in his opinionated "better watch out for these guys" post, he ONLY mentioned their great hitting and how we needed to be able to score a bunch of runs. Never acknowledged that we had a good pitching staff going up against them. So people simply pointed that out. Nobody (or not me anyway) said "you are ****ing wrong as shit for having that opinion!!! You are an asshole for not thinking we will kick their ass!!!". No, we simply pointed out some things he was ignoring. He ended up being right that we needed to score some runs, but hell, nobody said we didn't! He got all upset because people were countering his opinion with their own.

And then to come out pounding his chest mid-game as if he had predicted something, was not only childish and lame, but again...nobody, or not many, were saying he was wrong nor were we disrespecting ULL. "Confidence in MSU" is not "Disrespecting ULL".

You and FFF are completely missing the boat on this. He didn't say "ULL can score and they are going to beat our ass". No, he said, "better respect them"...and most of us did. So he was not "right" in any way, except for stating the obvious. Shit, the guys are ranked #1 and lead the nation in offense, it doesn't take Nostradamous to say "better respect these guys, they can score".

Let's see... I said we better respect the fact these guys can hit because I can point out SEVERAL threads saying "they are at best a middle o the pack SEC team..." "Their record is inflated because of a weak schedule," "we are in the sec," "they can't hit Ross,"

So I decided I'd post my opinion that these guys ARE good an. I got called "chicken little" and "duh thread" and even pointed Out that they didn't have a chance because they got shut out by JSU (a weak argument to begin with). So you guys CONTINUED to give them ZERO credit while throwing my opinion totally under the bus an you expected me not to point out the fact I was right? If there was DISCUSSION (there was no discussion... There was nothing but lambasting my opinion and calling me a Cajuns fan, chicken little, etc.) I woul not have said a word, but because I didn't pump the standard "this regional is over" sunshine filled party line, I'm not letting this shit go until you assholes let it go.

engie
06-02-2014, 01:08 PM
It's a train wreck. Spinning further and further down the toilet with every successive post. While arguing a straw man position in the first place.

CadaverDawg
06-02-2014, 01:11 PM
Let's see... I said we better respect the fact these guys can hit because I can point out SEVERAL threads saying "they are at best a middle o the pack SEC team..." "Their record is inflated because of a weak schedule," "we are in the sec," "they can't hit Ross,"

So I decided I'd post my opinion that these guys ARE good an. I got called "chicken little" and "duh thread" and even pointed Out that they didn't have a chance because they got shut out by JSU (a weak argument to begin with). So you guys CONTINUED to give them ZERO credit while throwing my opinion totally under the bus an you expected me not to point out the fact I was right? If there was DISCUSSION (there was no discussion... There was nothing but lambasting my opinion and calling me a Cajuns fan, chicken little, etc.) I woul not have said a word, but because I didn't pump the standard "this regional is over" sunshine filled party line, I'm not letting this shit go until you assholes let it go.

Quit crying. First off, I never said ULL was weak or a mid pack SEC team, or any of that shit. So if you're going to call someone out, call out the people that actually said it. And the reason it was a "Duh thread" is because you stated the obvious. They are #1 and the best offense in the country....so to say, "you better respect em, they can score" is quite the "DUHHH" statement. So to pound your chest when they do what they've done all year is dumb and childish. Just because a few people made dumb statements about them being shitty bc they lost to JSU (which I agree is a dumb statement), doesn't give you the right to pound your chest as though you just disproved the whole entire board by saying a team is capable of scoring runs and then they score runs. That's not some Nostradamous statement that you were proven right on. THAT is why people are making fun of your little chest pounding. You didn't predict shit. You said a good offensive team was capable of scoring runs....nice job, scientist. [pats on back and hands a cookie]. And you really should stop exaggerating the whole "You guys threw me under the bus, lambasted me, tarred and feathered me, and called me a bitch, etc, etc.."...it was far from the destruction of you as a person that you're making it out to be.

You predicted that a good team was capable of scoring and beating us. Congrats. I predict that they are capable of scoring tonight and beating us, AND that we are capable of pitching well tonight and beating them. I will be waiting on my cookie post game from you.

FFF
06-02-2014, 01:15 PM
Quit crying. First off, I never said ULL was weak or a mid pack SEC team, or any of that shit. So if you're going to call someone out, call out the people that actually said it. And the reason it was a "Duh thread" is because you stated the obvious. They are #1 and the best offense in the country....so to say, "you better respect em, they can score" is quite the "DUHHH" statement. So to pound your chest when they do what they've done all year is dumb and childish. Just because a few people made dumb statements about them being shitty bc they lost to JSU (which I agree is a dumb statement), doesn't give you the right to pound your chest as though you just disproved the whole entire board by saying a team is capable of scoring runs and then they score runs. That's not some Nostradamous statement that you were proven right on. THAT is why people are making fun of your little chest pounding. You didn't predict shit. You said a good offensive team was capable of scoring runs....nice job, scientist. [pats on back and hands a cookie]. And you really should stop exaggerating the whole "You guys threw me under the bus, lambasted me, tarred and feathered me, and called me a bitch, etc, etc.."...it was far from the destruction of you as a person that you're making it out to be.

You predicted that a good team was capable of scoring and beating us. Congrats. I predict that they are capable of scoring tonight and beating us, AND that we are capable of pitching well tonight and beating them. I will be waiting on my cookie post game from you.

I never claime to predict shit, I got freakin crucified. I called out msstate7 and marketingbully for crucifying my original post. I don't care to be right, but because I got flat out run over for saying something objective and not filled with maroon sunshine, I'm gonna call them out. And now that I'm STILL being thrown under the bus, I'm not letting it go.

CadaverDawg
06-02-2014, 01:20 PM
I never claime to predict shit, I got freakin crucified. I called out msstate7 and marketingbully for crucifying my original post. I don't care to be right, but because I got flat out run over for saying something objective and not filled with maroon sunshine, I'm gonna call them out. And now that I'm STILL being thrown under the bus, I'm not letting it go.

I would hardly say "crucified", "flat out run over", or "thrown under the bus", are appropriate terms for the response to your original opinion, but whatever. Just know that I'm not taking this nearly as serious as you are, so lighten up man. Nobody meant to offend you or make you feel like the whipping boy you claim to have been made. Jesus. I'm sorry.

Hypnodawg
06-02-2014, 01:23 PM
FFF was right. Y'all should really tone down the bashing just because a guy gives an honest opinion you don't like. Some of us appreciate knowledge, even if the truth hurts.

He said " If we can stay within 3-4 runs going into the 6th or so, we'll be in it." Holy shit! That's damn near Nostradamus level right there. Going into the 6th we were down 13-3, from there we scored 5 to their 1. Meaning that if we were only down 3 going into the 6th we win or down 4 we at least go to the bottom of the 9th. Or to paraphrase FFF, if we had stayed within 3-4 runs going into the 6th, we'd have been in it.

MarketingBully01
06-02-2014, 01:36 PM

You gotta admit Cadaver. This is worse then any of my posting rants and almost as bad as the infamous Will James threads...

msstate7
06-02-2014, 01:37 PM
You gotta admit Cadaver. This is worse then any of my posting rants and almost as bad as the infamous Will James threads...
I miss will. Free him for the final

drunkernhelldawg
06-02-2014, 01:40 PM
It saddens me to witness emotional anguish based on controversy over who was right about something that is no longer relevant. I've been right a bunch of times, but the truth is that it only does you good if you put money on it. From my own perspective, I am actually always right. Please don't be jealous.

CadaverDawg
I miss will. Free him for the final

This may be the change in mojo that we need. You'll have to ask the powers that be though. I don't have that kind of authority.

By the way, I'm pretty sure he is already free in the form of Clancy, and now Pioneer....but the old Will James name may need to come out of retirement for the 'Ship. Who knows

CadaverDawg
It saddens me to witness emotional anguish based on controversy over who was right about something that is no longer relevant. I've been right a bunch of times, but the truth is that it only does you good if you put money on it. From my own perspective, I am actually always right. Please don't be jealous.

+1000