PDA

View Full Version : No respect from the nerd on the Bases Loaded channel.

CadaverDawg
05-31-2014, 03:54 PM
Every single time they go to the ULL game, he talks about how "I'm telling you guys, ULL is still very much in position to win this Regional". I understand that they are still alive, but shit dude give it a rest. Just come out and say that you think they beat us twice.

msstate7
05-31-2014, 03:56 PM
They're in a good position? They've thrown their 1 and 2. They've gotta win one more just to get to us. Oh and we'll most likely have our best 3 pitchers available. Good position? Ok...

FFF
05-31-2014, 04:02 PM
Yes, they are. These guys can hit and they have played excellent defense all day. If we can't score runs, they run away with this regional... plain and simple.

That's not saying we aren't in the driver's seat... we take care of business and play hard, we are in a great position... but don't sleep on this ULL team. They are very good.

CadaverDawg
05-31-2014, 04:05 PM
Yes, they are. These guys can hit and they have played excellent defense all day. If we can't score runs, they run away with this regional... plain and simple.

You're assuming they rip our pitching like they are SDSU's...but you have no way of knowing that. They got shut out last night. I'm not saying you're wrong, and I agree they will be tough to beat, but they will be pitching their #3 at best against our 1. I wouldn't be shocked to see it go to Monday though.

FFF
05-31-2014, 04:08 PM
You're assuming they rip our pitching like they are SDSU's...but you have no way of knowing that. They got shut out last night. I'm not saying you're wrong, and I agree they will be tough to beat, but they will be pitching their #3 at best against our 1. I wouldn't be shocked to see it go to Monday though.

For our sakes, we better hope it doesn't go to Monday. Their ace will probably be available to go again (limited, though) and we will have to throw the kitchen sink against this offense. They are solid on defense and are clearly a very good offensive team.

Like I said, we will be in the drivers seat... but if a Monday game comes up... we will have a hard time holding these guys down enough to keep up. Just sayin'

Todd4State
05-31-2014, 04:11 PM
For our sakes, we better hope it doesn't go to Monday. Their ace will probably be available to go again (limited, though) and we will have to throw the kitchen sink against this offense. They are solid on defense and are clearly a very good offensive team.

Like I said, we will be in the drivers seat... but if a Monday game comes up... we will have a hard time holding these guys down enough to keep up. Just sayin'

This is why we need to pitch Woodruff or Bracewell today. They have to beat us twice if we win today- and I like our odds with Ross and Laster.

It's not too surprising that they would come out more focused today after what happened last night. They were the talk of the college baseball world last night- and not in a good way.

msstate7
05-31-2014, 04:12 PM
So a team that got shut out by Jackson st is clearly a great offensive team? Clearly...

CadaverDawg
05-31-2014, 04:12 PM

They're #1 in the country, so yea they'll be a tough out...but I think you're giving them tons of credit and us none. Again, not disagreeing, just think you may be giving them too much credit and us not enough.

FFF
05-31-2014, 04:13 PM
So a team that got shut out by Jackson st is clearly a great offensive team? Clearly...

Um.... That was their first shutout of the year...... They average over 6 runs a game... don't be ridiculous.

FFF
05-31-2014, 04:14 PM
They're #1 in the country, so yea they'll be a tough out...but I think you're giving them tons of credit and us none. Again, not disagreeing, just think you may be giving them too much credit and us not enough.

I just think the "well, they aren't in the SEC" and "we have Ross and Lindgren (they are very good, I'm not discrediting that)" arguments are all fluff. If we can't hit these guys and score at LEAST 3-4 runs, we will not win.

Todd4State
05-31-2014, 04:15 PM

It happens. Their coach was a dumbass last night- running and bunting while his team was behind. I'm 95% sure that if they just play it straight up and swing the bat they would have won the game.

msstate7
05-31-2014, 04:17 PM
It happens. Their coach was a dumbass last night- running and bunting while his team was behind. I'm 95% sure that if they just play it straight up and swing the bat they would have won the game.

It happened against 2 pitchers throwing slow junk. Think that bodes well for Ross? I do. Oh and if they get Ross out they get rewarded by seeing lindgren. Bring them on!

CadaverDawg
05-31-2014, 04:17 PM
I just think the "well, they aren't in the SEC" and "we have Ross and Lindgren (they are very good, I'm not discrediting that)" arguments are all fluff. If we can't hit these guys and score at LEAST 3-4 runs, we will not win.

Nobody is saying those things though. I see people laughing bc they lost to JSU... But haven't seen people disrespecting their ability to come back and win

Dawg Tired
05-31-2014, 04:18 PM
Baseball is a funny sport. I've seen us make an 8+ ERA pitcher look like an All American. I've also seen us hit one of the best pitchers in the SEC all around the yard. UL-L had one of those nights where the quick sand had them. The more they struggled, the deeper they sank. I truly like our chances to win this thing. I think we have the pitching and experience to get really hot over the next couple of games.

Then again, maybe UL Lafayette sucks.

FFF
05-31-2014, 04:22 PM
Nobody is saying those things though. I see people laughing bc they lost to JSU... But haven't seen people disrespecting their ability to come back and win

The guy with the Braves avatar is.

msstate7
05-31-2014, 04:24 PM
The guy with the Braves avatar is.

So if I don't take ull seriously then the team is in danger of losing? Really?

M.Fillmore
05-31-2014, 04:30 PM
So if I don't take ull seriously then the team is in danger of losing? Really?

Absolutely. Just like a guy on his laptop 1,000 miles away from the stadium will cause a no-hitter to be blown if he mentions it on a messageboard.***