PDA

View Full Version : So, 3 national seeds lose the first game. Don't think that's ever happened.

Saltydog
05-31-2014, 09:22 AM
FSU, Florida and ULL go down. I think FSU will survive. Not sure about the other two. The ULL fans thinks they'll "grind" their way back thru this thing. We shall see. I hope SDSU puts them outta their misery this afternoon. Some of the other one seeds won but really struggled. LSU had to come from behind to win, Miami won 1-0 on a wp in the bottom of the 9th, Oregon State won 2-1, Rice struggled against George Mason and TCU pulled out a late victory over Siena. Man, what a topsy turvy day on the first day of the regionals. I'm not overlooking JSU though. We all know we've had struggles against mid-week type teams this year. Better take the Tigers seriously or we'll be in the same boat as ULL. You know JSU has some confidence now.

DownwardDawg
05-31-2014, 09:39 AM
If we win today, I would be SHOCKED if ULLL comes back and wins the regional. I just don't see it now.

Saltydog
05-31-2014, 10:45 AM
regional where we don't hit shit. Just a gut feeling. Remember, even last year we didn't go unscathed in our own regional. UCA came back and beat us with the RAT with some guy who hadn't pitched that much. We had to play another game on Monday and Girodo was untouchable.

drunkernhelldawg
05-31-2014, 10:47 AM
If we win today, I would be SHOCKED if ULLL comes back and wins the regional. I just don't see it now.

It'll be hard for them to win two against our pitching, but it is something that definitely can happen. Baseball teams win and/or lose games in streaks all the time. "That's Baseball." We do need better hitting, especially with men on base.

It's hard not to look ahead to a super at Oxford for the trip to Omaha. Shaping up to be another great baseball postseason for us. We've got the pitching to win it all.