PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical Super Regional Question

deltadawg99
05-31-2014, 07:46 AM
If and yes I know this is a big IF, but if JSU won our regional and OM doesn't win theirs would JSU host the super regional?

msstate7
05-31-2014, 07:51 AM
They could request it, but I can't imagine them getting it. Whoever who OM regional would host

dickiedawg
05-31-2014, 07:55 AM
Higher seed would host. So JSU would have to win both regionals.

curmudgeon
05-31-2014, 07:56 AM
No. If two non-No. 1 seeds win then it goes to a bidding process that Jackson State would lose to Washington, Georgia Tech and Jacksonville State.

We would win a bid against either of those teams. I'm cheering for Washington to win that regional. Why Washington?

We're pretty much guaranteed a Saturday-Sunday-Monday Super Regional no matter what. With the Ole Miss regional pushed back, the earliest Washington would go back to Seattle would be Tuesday, and it could be as late as Wednesday. Why do they have to go back? Those pesky final exams are the week between the Super Regionals and CWS. They have to get classroom time and get things in order.

http://www.washington.edu/students/reg/S2014exam.html

Oxford to Seattle and then Seattle to Starkville within two days is a lot of travel. While it is technically possible for UW to host us, it is unlikely.

I will say this. Ole Miss in Oxford and Washington anywhere will be tough Super Regionals, no matter what. Winnable? Yes. but not a cakewalk.

starkvegasdawg
05-31-2014, 08:12 AM
If that scenario happened I wish our AD would chip in and add to JSU's bid for them to win the bid.

Goat Holder
05-31-2014, 08:54 AM
It's NEVER been about the higher seed outside the #1s. Never has been, don't know why people still say that.

CadaverDawg
05-31-2014, 10:56 AM
It's NEVER been about the higher seed outside the #1s. Never has been, don't know why people still say that.

Me neither, Goatzy*

Quaoarsking
05-31-2014, 11:18 AM

The higher seed automatically hosts unless they don't bid or just have a completely unusable stadium (I believe Oregon State (3-seed) hosted Michigan (2-seed) a few years ago because of this, but then Michigan made some renovations and the committee let them host a Regional as a 2 the next year).

This wasn't always the case, but it's been that way for a decade or more.