PDA

View Full Version : Man, Lafayette fans were really bashing us during our game...

CadaverDawg
05-31-2014, 12:08 AM
Just went to RaginPagin or whatever their board is, and they were ripping our attendance, our "Ace" Trevor Fitts, the fact that we couldn't hit, and how it would be interesting to see who we pitch "tomorrow when we play them". When it was 2-0 SDSU, one guy even said "looks like MSU should have worried more about their first game instead of us". Several comments about how it was a slim crowd, and them joking about how we weren't climbing trees in the outfield or filling the stadium. I guess they forgot that their dumbass ticket situation deterred most MSU fans from coming, but it was also a Friday afternoon road game. AND it hurts them when it isn't a full house.

Then I went on to read their game thread during the JSU game, and it was great entertainment. Me thinks somebody was a little too cocky about their team.

TheRef
05-31-2014, 12:11 AM
Just went to RaginPagin or whatever their board is, and they were ripping our attendance, our "Ace" Trevor Fitts, the fact that we couldn't hit, and how it would be interesting to see who we pitch "tomorrow when we play them". When it was 2-0 SDSU, one guy even said "looks like MSU should have worried more about their first game instead of us". Several comments about how it was a slim crowd, and them joking about how we weren't climbing trees in the outfield or filling the stadium. I guess they forgot that their dumbass ticket situation deterred most MSU fans from coming, but it was also a Friday afternoon road game. AND it hurts them when it isn't a full house.

Then I went on to read their game thread during the JSU game, and it was great entertainment. Me thinks somebody was a little too cocky about their team.

I can't wait for their defense threads about how they lost only because of so-and-so. How we were lucky that we didn't have to face them because we would've lost. I just love it whenever cocky fans get a taste of their own medicine.

Dawg61
05-31-2014, 12:16 AM
What do they expect when they buy all the tickets for all the games before the fuc*king brackets get announced. Did 3,000 ULL fans offer to sell us tickets? Hell no. Only 500-750 tops probably. And they only sell GA tickets 10 minutes before first pitch. Guess it won't be full tom night either and especially if SDSU eliminates ULL. Please let SDSU eliminate ULL tom. Haha

BeardoMSU
05-31-2014, 12:30 AM
I just read some of their threads, lol. Those guys are freakin' delusional. I mean its comical. Those dudes are gonna be on suicide alert if they lose to SDSU.

CadaverDawg
05-31-2014, 12:50 AM
http://www.raginpagin.com/louisiana/showthread.php?199307-Game-1-SDSU-vs-Miss-State

CadaverDawg
05-31-2014, 12:51 AM
Now the funny...

http://www.raginpagin.com/louisiana/showthread.php?199420-Game-2-Jackson-State-vs-Louisiana

TheRef
05-31-2014, 12:53 AM
Nope...this one takes the cake...

http://www.raginpagin.com/louisiana/showthread.php?199435-EPIC-CHOKE

DudyDawg
05-31-2014, 12:56 AM
Just read a lot of their game thread and it was awesome. Honestly, the biggest surprise about that message board was the effort they put in to being called the University of Louisiana. "Drop the second L" and what not. Never knew they called themselves UL. I guess we can add a third L after tonight though.

Dawg61
05-31-2014, 01:30 AM
Just read a lot of their game thread and it was awesome. Honestly, the biggest surprise about that message board was the effort they put in to being called the University of Louisiana. "Drop the second L" and what not. Never knew they called themselves UL. I guess we can add a third L after tonight though.

Yea they get real butthurt if you call them ULL so I'll be sure to always call them ULL.

CadaverDawg
05-31-2014, 01:45 AM
Yea they get real butthurt if you call them ULL so I'll be sure to always call them ULL.

See the Original Post Title of this thread, ha. That was not a mistake.

MSUDawg4Life
05-31-2014, 05:20 AM
It's hilarious to me how they call ULM ... ULM, but they insist on being called "Louisiana" or "University of Louisiana". Delusional much?

MSUDawg4Life
05-31-2014, 05:28 AM
I also laughed when one of their posters asked if they got outcoached by a SWAC guy. Uh ... yeah. If you listened to the JSU coach's in-game interview, he said he chose that starting pitcher because he knew ULL's hitters would be over-aggressive and chase bad pitches. Which is exactly what happened. Sounds like you got outcoached to me.

Schultzy
05-31-2014, 06:49 AM
"We playing donkey, we need the bats to come alive..."

I chuckled at this.

Pioneer Dawg
05-31-2014, 08:32 AM

Needs to be ULLL. Keep the 3rd L to remind them of JSU always.

MarketingBully01
05-31-2014, 09:20 AM
Never mind, thought we had played them this year. Must have ben last year lol.

HereComesTheSpiral
05-31-2014, 09:36 AM
I also laughed when one of their posters asked if they got outcoached by a SWAC guy. Uh ... yeah. If you listened to the JSU coach's in-game interview, he said he chose that starting pitcher because he knew ULL's hitters would be over-aggressive and chase bad pitches. Which is exactly what happened. Sounds like you got outcoached to me.

Well, if they like chasing bad pitches, woodruff might be the ace in the hole if we play them

CadaverDawg
05-31-2014, 10:53 AM
Well, if they like chasing bad pitches, woodruff might be the ace in the hole if we play them

Well played

Where is Evan Mitchell when we need him?*

Quaoarsking
05-31-2014, 11:05 AM
I went to the stadium after their game last night to find some tickets to the game tonight. The fans I talked to were all very nice, but a couple of them insisted that home plate umpire called a much larger strike zone when JSU was pitching all game and that's why they lost...

CadaverDawg
05-31-2014, 11:10 AM
I went to the stadium after their game last night to find some tickets to the game tonight. The fans I talked to were all very nice, but a couple of them insisted that home plate umpire called a much larger strike zone when JSU was pitching all game and that's why they lost...

Damn. If you are making umpire excuses about losing to JSU.....just wow

chainedup_Dawg
05-31-2014, 11:25 AM

That very well may be the case. However if they were in fact chasing bad pitches its by their own doing. You can help an umpire widen his strike zone based on pitched you are willing to swing at. So ultimately they still can only blame themselves

Dawg61
05-31-2014, 11:31 AM

JSU pwned ULL. They played to their overconfidence and ULL rewarded them with 15 or so popups/fly outs. ULL also ran 2 guys into outs on the basepaths. It was a monumental choke job in the NCAA tournament. It's easily the biggest win in JSU history.

yjnkdawg
05-31-2014, 11:51 AM

Good link, Ref

TheRef
05-31-2014, 12:21 PM
They are in full-on recovery mode. "Well our loss wasn't as bad as FSU's and UF's"

Pioneer Dawg
05-31-2014, 12:25 PM
They are in full-on recovery mode. "Well our loss wasn't as bad as FSU's and UF's"

Lafayette's loss is ten times worse than the other two.

CadaverDawg
05-31-2014, 12:27 PM

It was MUCH worse. Georgia Southern would crush JSU, and College of Charleston is the best 4 seed in the tourney. JSU is the absolute worst team in the field, period. And I'm not being mean, I'm being honest. No sugar coating that choke job

Dawg61
05-31-2014, 12:35 PM
It was MUCH worse. Georgia Southern would crush JSU, and College of Charleston is the best 4 seed in the tourney. JSU is the absolute worst team in the field, period. And I'm not being mean, I'm being honest. No sugar coating that choke job

JSU is bad. No doubt. But Youngstown St. is 16-37. At least JSU has a winning record at 32-25. 16-37!!! Haha how in the fu*k did they win their tournament?!

I seen it dawg
05-31-2014, 12:36 PM

Typical south la baseball when they lose when heavily favored. It's always someone else's fault. They just aren't as good as they think they are. Own up and just say it was a wake up call and you got your ass beat.

rec207
05-31-2014, 02:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/QtZFyGD.jpg?1

I'll just leave this here.

BulldogBear
05-31-2014, 04:19 PM

Absolutely.

Beware the Cajun Railroad fellas

BulldogBear
05-31-2014, 04:22 PM

They don't care about JSU. JSU is not their rival****

Ragin4U
05-31-2014, 11:06 PM
T

DudyDawg
05-31-2014, 11:18 PM
Im a douchebag, and I know nothing of big time baseball because I'm a fan of Lafayette University.

WTF is a Lafayette university

CadaverDawg
05-31-2014, 11:18 PM

Check the edit.

DudyDawg
05-31-2014, 11:20 PM
Check the edit.

How? I'm no bill gates

CadaverDawg
05-31-2014, 11:22 PM
How? I'm no bill gates

I edited his post to say that bc he was being a jackass

Dawg61
05-31-2014, 11:22 PM

It's just an easier way to say the University of Louisiana-Lafayette. Kinda like saying Ole Miss.

Pollodawg
05-31-2014, 11:23 PM
ULL. The only major university in Louisiana is LSU. This reminds me of when I had a USM fan try to convince me they were the flagship school in Mississippi. lulz......

DudyDawg
05-31-2014, 11:27 PM
It's just an easier way to say the University of Louisiana-Lafayette. Kinda like saying Ole Miss.

I realize what school he was talking about. Guess I should have put *'s. And I had no idea that was a possibility cadaver. Guess ya learn something new every day.....

Anyone else watch the end of that Kennesaw state game??? Scored 8 runs in extras to beat GSU. Bama has to win three to win regional, but that's the only case I could ever see where a team in the losers bracket is in awesome shape

Ragin4U
05-31-2014, 11:34 PM
Call my school whatever but I type MooState and you edit. Beware the power of a free forum moderator!!

CadaverDawg
05-31-2014, 11:37 PM
Call my school whatever but I type MooState and you edit. Beware the power of a free forum moderator!!

It's our board, bud. Don't like it, get the **** out.

Besides, "MOOState"? What are you, 12 years old?

Ragin4U
05-31-2014, 11:38 PM
Thats cool

It's our board, bud. Don't like it, get the **** out.

BossDawg
05-31-2014, 11:45 PM
MooState? Did you come up with that? I've never heard that one. Man, what an insult!