PDA

View Full Version : This is going to be the least humble post in EliteDawgs history

curmudgeon
05-30-2014, 08:24 PM
I. TOLD. YOU. SO.

No, I did not think there was a chance that Jackson State would beat ULL. But something didn't add up with this team. Every statistical analysis I ran had them ranked between 20-30 all season. They beat two teams all year that made the NCAA Tournament and both were really early.

They are better than San Diego State and Robocheaux was their ace. I'd certainly like to see SDSU send them packing, but they looked like garbage tonight against two pitchers that would not make our midweek lineup.

FFF
05-30-2014, 08:29 PM
I. TOLD. YOU. SO.

No, I did not think there was a chance that Jackson State would beat ULL. But something didn't add up with this team. Every statistical analysis I ran had them ranked between 20-30 all season. They beat two teams all year that made the NCAA Tournament and both were really early.

They are better than San Diego State and Robocheaux was their ace. I'd certainly like to see SDSU send them packing, but they looked like garbage tonight against two pitchers that would not make our midweek lineup.

Even moreso than us... which matched up perfectly with JSU's style of play. They threw nothing but breaking junk and ULL was trying to smash it out of the yard every swing. Then, they tipped their hand on the hit and run in the 7th and the runner was a sitting duck... that was a HUGE play. The way to play ULL is fundamental defense and lean on your breaking pitch. Force them to smash it in the turf.

preachermatt83
05-30-2014, 08:31 PM
I. TOLD. YOU. SO.

You were right, I was wrong.. Touch?. Good Call.

Todd4State
05-30-2014, 08:33 PM
I. TOLD. YOU. SO.

Midweek? Try 35 man roster.

Todd4State
05-30-2014, 08:36 PM
Even moreso than us... which matched up perfectly with JSU's style of play. They threw nothing but breaking junk and ULL was trying to smash it out of the yard every swing. Then, they tipped their hand on the hit and run in the 7th and the runner was a sitting duck... that was a HUGE play. The way to play ULL is fundamental defense and lean on your breaking pitch. Force them to smash it in the turf.

Than ran themselves out of a lot of innings. There is a reason why most teams stop running and creating and start swinging when they are down- and what happened to ULL is exhibit A. Cohen is aggressive- but he rarely does what ULL did tonight when we are down.

If ULL had stopped running and bunting and simply swung the bat, I think they eventually would have broken through and won. Bad baseball on their part tonight.

Political Hack
05-30-2014, 08:40 PM
I. TOLD. YOU. SO.

I like it.

preachermatt83
06-02-2014, 10:45 PM
ill just leave this here..

Political Hack
06-02-2014, 10:57 PM
ill just leave this here..

I like it.

Maroons
06-03-2014, 10:25 AM
Are you coming back to own this?

HoopsDawg
06-03-2014, 10:27 AM
I. TOLD. YOU. SO.

NEVER spike the ball on the 1 yard line.

preachermatt83
06-03-2014, 02:28 PM
Are you coming back to own this?

of course not...

curmudgeon
06-03-2014, 02:32 PM
Of course I am going to come back and own this. I made a statement that I didn't believe ULL was that good. And they aren't.

We let them score three runs on wild pitches in a 5-3 game. They didn't beat us because they were the best team in the country. All that aggressive crap almost backfired on them last night, and it will before this season is over.

Fans like preachermatt would let Mississippi State burn to the ground if they could say they were right.

preachermatt83
06-03-2014, 02:33 PM
NEVER spike the ball on the 1 yard line.

this

GEAUX UL
06-03-2014, 03:38 PM
Of course I am going to come back and own this. I made a statement that I didn't believe ULL was that good. And they aren't.

We let them score three runs on wild pitches in a 5-3 game. They didn't beat us because they were the best team in the country. All that aggressive crap almost backfired on them last night, and it will before this season is over.

Fans like preachermatt would let Mississippi State burn to the ground if they could say they were right.

So we beat you twice, have the best record in college baseball, are 5-1 against the SEC, ranked #3 in the nation by computers, and #1 in the nation by humans, but you think we aren't any good?

Are you angry or dumb?

curmudgeon
06-03-2014, 04:04 PM
I didn't say you weren't "any good." I said you weren't "that good."

There's a difference.

Goat Holder
06-03-2014, 04:06 PM

Pot meet kettle?

All this "we gave them the game", I don't agree with. I know lots of folks are saying it, but to me it looked like an ass-whipping. If Lindgren could start, maybe we're not in that position, but he didn't, and we were.

Todd4State
06-03-2014, 04:37 PM
When you walk people, throw wild pitches, and make errors- you are giving the other team the game.

Goat Holder
06-03-2014, 04:46 PM
Yep, sort of the way we've won games all year.

That's baseball.

yjnkdawg
06-03-2014, 04:59 PM
I'm just wondering if ULL was not mentally ready to play JSU and was looking ahead to us? That does happen, as we all should be familiar with that. There had not been talk anywhere in sports, that I'm aware of, where JSU was a factor in this tournament. Only that they were in because of winning the SWAC tournament was all I heard. All talk I heard, was MSU vs. ULL. I agree with Goat, as I don't think we "gave them them the game". Even with the walks, hit batters, wild pitches and inconsistent umpiring, we still had our opportunities to win, but we couldn't get it done and they did enough to win. It will be interesting to see how the Bears do? I'm hoping 2 games and ULL to Omaha.

Todd4State
06-03-2014, 05:08 PM
Yep, sort of the way we've won games all year.

That's baseball.

39 times- which means that we had the ability to play better and execute better than we did.

engie
06-03-2014, 05:12 PM
They beat us on Sunday, we beat ourselves last night.

Todd4State
06-03-2014, 05:13 PM
I'm just wondering if ULL was not mentally ready to play JSU and was looking ahead to us? That does happen, as we all should be familiar with that. There had not been talk anywhere in sports, that I'm aware of, where JSU was a factor in this tournament. Only that they were in because of winning the SWAC tournament was all I heard. All talk I heard, was MSU vs. ULL. I agree with Goat, as I don't think we "gave them them the game". Even with the walks, hit batters, wild pitches and inconsistent umpiring, we still had our opportunities to win, but we couldn't get it done and they did enough to win. It will be interesting to see how the Bears do? I'm hoping 2 games and ULL to Omaha.

There is something that I like to call Don Larson Syndrome. I think we all have the ability to at very rare times perform at our maximum potential for no logical reason other than the fact that it's your day and no matter what the other team does, how good they are- there's nothing that they can do about it. It's basically that teams time.