PDA

View Full Version : Rashun Dixon

DistrictDawg92
05-30-2014, 01:04 PM
Looks as if the rumors are true, he just tweeted that he is officially a #hailstate student. Lot of potential on the football field.

maroonmania
05-30-2014, 01:05 PM
Is he playing athletics too?

elitedawgs
05-30-2014, 01:22 PM
He is eligible to play anything except baseball because he signed a professional contract. Most likely he will walk on to the football team.

spudd21
05-30-2014, 04:19 PM
I'll take another Dixon on the team.

Goat Holder
05-30-2014, 04:28 PM
He and Cord Sandberg are both welcome on the football team as far as I'm concerned.

DudyDawg
05-30-2014, 04:43 PM
Looks as if the rumors are true, he just tweeted that he is officially a #hailstate student. Lot of potential on the football field.

Always good news with a Dixon at state

Dawg61
05-30-2014, 04:56 PM
Excellent news!!

msstate7
05-30-2014, 05:05 PM
What's his size these days? Any idea of position?

smootness
05-30-2014, 05:28 PM
His baseball reference page still lists him at 6'2" 210, though I'm not sure how up-to-date it is. He was a safety recruit, so I'd say there or linebacker.

gtowndawg
06-04-2014, 05:21 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0Do6oQO3_s

Political Hack
06-04-2014, 05:28 PM
that's great news. should be a good mature locker room guy too after being in the minors. he'll appreciate the opportunity more now than he otherwise would have.

RossDawg82
06-04-2014, 06:31 PM
Has he or anyone even said he is playing football?

DeltaDawg
06-04-2014, 08:56 PM
Long time reader no posts so don't rip me. He did tweet the #grindinformystate on twitter. Wouldn't that make you think he is walking on? It did me.

War Machine Dawg
06-04-2014, 11:48 PM
Now the fun, fun, fun begins.

Offshore Dawg
06-05-2014, 07:39 AM
Long time reader no posts so don't rip me. He did tweet the #grindinformystate on twitter. Wouldn't that make you think he is walking on? It did me.

Relax this is not SPS you will not be insulted unless you post something stupid

thf24
06-05-2014, 07:43 AM
Has he or anyone even said he is playing football?

Not to say he isn't interested in getting a degree, but I doubt he'd be coming back if he wasn't going to play football.

esplanade91
06-05-2014, 09:33 AM
Not to say he isn't interested in getting a degree, but I doubt he'd be coming back if he wasn't going to play football.

That doesn't make any sense to me. He grew up living in a car in Jackson, MS and has a Major League Baseball team paying for him to get a college degree. If your brother was a god at a university, one that you aside from that already like, wouldn't that be the place you get that degree?

I hope he plays football, but please... He isn't going to college to play football.

RossDawg82
06-05-2014, 09:41 AM
That doesn't make any sense to me. He grew up living in a car in Jackson, MS and has a Major League Baseball team paying for him to get a college degree. If your brother was a god at a university, one that you aside from that already like, wouldn't that be the place you get that degree?

I hope he plays football, but please... He isn't going to college to play football.

I agree 100%. Until he says that he is planning to walk on, Im assuming he is getting a degree.

esplanade91
06-05-2014, 09:50 AM
I agree 100%. Until he says that he is planning to walk on, Im assuming he is getting a degree.
No, you're missing the point of my post. He's coming to MSU to get a ******* degree. He used to live in a car!

It's a bonus for us fans if he plays football. But don't mistake this for him trying to extend his professional career by coming to MSU. Again, I hope he plays football. That would be great! But you're belittling the guy trying to better his life by taking the A's up on a college degree.

MS_half-step
06-05-2014, 10:08 AM
Maybe he just wants to have a "normal" college experience since he missed out the first go round. Do a little partying, meet some ladies?

thf24
06-05-2014, 10:13 AM
It's a bonus for us fans if he plays football. But don't mistake this for him trying to extend his professional career by coming to MSU. Again, I hope he plays football. That would be great! But you're belittling the guy trying to better his life by taking the A's up on a college degree.

You missed my point as well. I wasn't trying to belittle him in the slightest. I just think it wouldn't be extremely likely for him to come all the way back to Mississippi to go to State only for a college degree. If that's all he was interested in, he could have gone somewhere in California where he was already settled. Although I guess it wouldn't be that unexpected given the family connection, now that I think about it.

engie
06-05-2014, 10:20 AM
Maybe he just wants to have a "normal" college experience since he missed out the first go round. Do a little partying, meet some ladies?

It's been my experience that most get plenty of the "normal college experience" in the Minor Leagues... None of the "normal" people I've ever known exited the minors ready to party any harder. It's usually quite the opposite actually...

esplanade91
06-05-2014, 10:45 AM
You missed my point as well. I wasn't trying to belittle him in the slightest. I just think it wouldn't be extremely likely for him to come all the way back to Mississippi to go to State only for a college degree. If that's all he was interested in, he could have gone somewhere in California where he was already settled. Although I guess it wouldn't be that unexpected given the family connection, now that I think about it.

Sure, but the kid's from Jackson, his brother is no longer with the 49ers, and he's a Dixon. That's not even mentioning how he at some point signed a LOI to play for State. He obviously likes MSU.

Hey, we both like the guy. It should be in our university's bylaws that at least one relative of AD should be on at least one of our varsity sports' roster at any given point in time.