PDA

View Full Version : Well, Kiffin has officially made his first stupid comment at Bama. Front page

Saltydog
05-30-2014, 12:28 PM
of yahoo. Said that bama's three tailbacks were more talented than any group of NFL backs. What a dufus.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/lane-kiffin-says-alabama-s-trio-of-rb-s-is-probably--more-talented--than-any-nfl-trio-160922509.html

smootness
05-30-2014, 01:00 PM
I would probably disagree with him, and it's a bit of hyperbole, but it's really not that outrageous. There's a chance it's actually true. Henry and Yeldon are the real deal. What are the top RB trios in the NFL?

TUSK
05-30-2014, 01:58 PM
It's not that outrageous, esp coming from the OC.

Yeldon and Henry are both likely 1st rounders and Drake's not too shabby for a #3.

Saltydog
05-30-2014, 02:48 PM
NFL roster. That's ridiculous. I'll give you one example off the top of my head. Last years SF roster (Frank Gore, Anthony Dixon, Kendall Hunter, LaMichael James and Marcus Lattimore was a pretty damn good group of rb's). Then there's Darren Sproles/LeSean McCoy in Philly, Maurice Jones Drew and Darren McFadden in Oakland. Don't forget LaGarrette Bloutn and LaVeon Belle in Pittsburgh. You can throw in any decent RB with these tandems and be very good. Oh but not Bama good (rolls eyes). RB's aren't being taken highly in the draft as they once were. Notice this years draft. They are injury prone and have extremely short careers for the most part.

TUSK
05-30-2014, 03:06 PM
NFL roster. That's ridiculous. I'll give you one example off the top of my head. Last years SF roster (Frank Gore, Anthony Dixon, Kendall Hunter, LaMichael James and Marcus Lattimore was a pretty damn good group of rb's). Then there's Darren Sproles/LeSean McCoy in Philly, Maurice Jones Drew and Darren McFadden in Oakland. Don't forget LaGarrette Bloutn and LaVeon Belle in Pittsburgh. You can throw in any decent RB with these tandems and be very good. Oh but not Bama good (rolls eyes). RB's aren't being taken highly in the draft as they once were. Notice this years draft. They are injury prone and have extremely short careers for the most part.

Daddio, I didn't say it, kiffin's batshit nuts ass did.

I just said it wasn't "outrageous" coming from a homer OC.

Lighten up, buddy. I'm not your stereotypical psychophant.

Dawg61
05-30-2014, 03:52 PM
Adrian Peterson and 2 dead guys are better

Todd4State
05-30-2014, 04:00 PM

Yeldon and Henry are both likely 1st rounders and Drake's not too shabby for a #3.

Doubtful considering how the NFL sees running backs nowadays and Yeldon has issues fumbling the ball.

Saltydog
05-30-2014, 04:04 PM
nt

TUSK
05-30-2014, 04:18 PM
good points, Todd... Ole Trent may be the last one to cash in....

LC Dawg
05-30-2014, 05:10 PM
I don't know who is the best running back group in the NFL but I bet it doesn't include Mark Ingram or Trent Richardson.

hacker
05-30-2014, 05:33 PM
That's not a stupid comment. He's giving props to his team. Probably was even being hyperbolic.

TUSK
05-30-2014, 05:34 PM
I don't know who is the best running back group in the NFL but I bet it doesn't include Mark Ingram or Trent Richardson.

certainly true, I'm glad we finally upgraded.

Dawg61
05-30-2014, 05:47 PM
Pretty sure they don't have a QB that'd make the 3 deep of any NFL team tho

LC Dawg
05-30-2014, 08:25 PM
certainly true, I'm glad we finally upgraded.

Maybe so. They'll have to prove it in the NFL. But it all doesn't really matter if you can't tackle the field goal return man.

Political Hack
05-30-2014, 08:32 PM

I enjoy you, but you just stepped into a huge pile of elephant shit with that statement. First, no. Just no. RBs don't get drafted in the first round, much less two from the same team. There's 1 SEC RB that will be taken early next year, and he's not wearing crimson. Second, you don't have the best backfield in the SEC, much less the NFL. You've got great depth for sure, but LSU has a freshman that may be better than any if yours. UGA has 1, if not 2, better than yours.

Bama is impressive, as always, but Kiffin's statement was way off base.

TUSK
05-30-2014, 08:50 PM
I enjoy you, but you just stepped into a huge pile of elephant shit with that statement. First, no. Just no. RBs don't get drafted in the first round, much less two from the same team. There's 1 SEC RB that will be taken early next year, and he's not wearing crimson. Second, you don't have the best backfield in the SEC, much less the NFL. You've got great depth for sure, but LSU has a freshman that may be better than any if yours. UGA has 1, if not 2, better than yours.

Bama is impressive, as always, but Kiffin's statement was way off base.

Well, I should confess, I know squat about the NFL. And I certainly failed to consider that the RB position has been devalued tremendously recently.

That being said, you don't think there's any chance Yeldon could work his way into the first round in '15? And I think Henry has a great chance in '16 if he continues to improve.

Regarding Fournette, I would have loved to have nabbed that guy... he seems like a (slightly) smaller but faster version of Lacey/Henry...

Also, I have to agree about UGA's backfield, Gurshell, when healthy, is a badass...

Dawg61
05-30-2014, 09:15 PM
Gurshell, when healthy, is a badass...

Is this the gay version of Herschel? Todd Gurley is the RB at Georgia

SPMT
05-30-2014, 09:26 PM
Is this the gay version of Herschel? Todd Gurley is the RB at Georgia

Gurley + Marshall = Gurshall

Some announcer thought up the cute play on words.

Political Hack
05-30-2014, 09:39 PM
Well, I should confess, I know squat about the NFL. And I certainly failed to consider that the RB position has been devalued tremendously recently.

That being said, you don't think there's any chance Yeldon could work his way into the first round in '15? And I think Henry has a great chance in '16 if he continues to improve.

Regarding Fournette, I would have loved to have nabbed that guy... he seems like a (slightly) smaller but faster version of Lacey/Henry...

Also, I have to agree about UGA's backfield, Gurshell, when healthy, is a badass...

if not for the NFL's devaluation of RBs, I couldn't have been such a smart ass.

Political Hack
05-30-2014, 09:42 PM
and yes, both are extremely talented. just hard to see any RBs outside of Gurley getting plucked in the 1st in the next two years. I don't think Ingram (and maybe even Trent now) would've been taken in the first now. NFL is chewing RBs up. Personally I hate to see it. The best athletes on the field are becoming the least valuable.