PDA

View Full Version : 14 Most Freakish Athletes in College Football

sandwolf
05-29-2014, 11:52 PM
See number 6.......

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap2000000354297/14-for-14-most-freakish-athletes-in-college-football?campaign=Twitter_writers_huguenin

Political Hack
05-30-2014, 07:28 AM
and I was a "homer" for suggesting he'd be a better LB than CJ Johnson. "But the STARS say..."***

BMac is a beast and we're going to enjoy watching him play for years to come.

engie
05-30-2014, 07:30 AM
So, thusfar we have the #2 most versatile athlete in the country and the #6 freakiest athlete in the country -- all per NFL.com?

smootness
05-30-2014, 08:21 AM
So, thusfar we have the #2 most versatile athlete in the country and the #6 freakiest athlete in the country -- all per NFL.com?

And let's be honest, Chris Jones is probably one of the 14 most freakish athletes in the country as well.

DawgSaint
05-30-2014, 08:40 AM
Yet TSUN says they win in February. However, funny how does not translate into winning in November

chainedup_Dawg
05-30-2014, 08:49 AM
Here's my question after reading that "he also punted in high school". Does anybody know if McKinney can kick field goals? At least if he missed, I wouldn't be near as upset

Pollodawg
05-30-2014, 09:00 AM
BMAC can ball. That's a certainty. Mullen's third first round draft pick?

TheRef
05-30-2014, 09:53 AM

If he keeps doing what he has been doing, I would certainly say that's a possibility.

ShotgunDawg
05-30-2014, 09:57 AM

BMAC's ability to become a first round pick is likely directly tied to how well he rushes the passer this year. If he shows the ability and moves to get sacks, he will likely be compared to Khalil Mack and Anthony Barr from this years draft, and that is a good thing.

Pollodawg
05-30-2014, 10:34 AM
One thing is for sure. Our D is loaded this go around. There isn't a position on that side of the ball where I see an obviously let down now that we are moving Cox back to his natural position at safety.

smootness
05-30-2014, 10:43 AM
BMAC's ability to become a first round pick is likely directly tied to how well he rushes the passer this year. If he shows the ability and moves to get sacks, he will likely be compared to Khalil Mack and Anthony Barr from this years draft, and that is a good thing.

I don't think we're going to put him in position to do that much, though. We have played him pretty much solely as a MLB, and we obviously like him there. Unless Richie Brown progresses to the point where we don't feel like there's much dropoff, I can't see us moving McKinney around much. We seem to like him as the leader of the D there.

I honestly don't know how good he would be at rushing the passer. He may be great, he certainly has the size and athleticism; but you do need a different set of skills to play on the outside and rush the passer, and I just don't know if he has those.

But his success at playing the middle along with even just the potential of being able to possibly use him on the outside is what will get him drafted high, whether we use him there much or not. MLBs aren't in vogue in the NFL right now, but the best ones will still be drafted high, especially if they think you have the potential to fill other roles, too.

smootness
05-30-2014, 10:44 AM
One thing is for sure. Our D is loaded this go around. There isn't a position on that side of the ball where I see an obviously let down now that we are moving Cox back to his natural position at safety.

I completely agree. I think Cox is going to be a revelation at FS.

HoopsDawg
05-30-2014, 11:08 AM
I don't think we're going to put him in position to do that much, though.

Then we aren't very smart. I complete agree with Shotgun.

smootness
05-30-2014, 11:24 AM
Then we aren't very smart. I complete agree with Shotgun.

We're trying to win games, not make 1st round draft picks. If our coaches feel like the increase in productivity were McKinney to rush the passer more doesn't make up for the loss of him at MLB, then he'll mostly stay at MLB, where he is a beast for us.

Political Hack
05-30-2014, 11:28 AM
We're trying to win games, not make 1st round draft picks. If our coaches feel like the increase in productivity were McKinney to rush the passer more doesn't make up for the loss of him at MLB, then he'll mostly stay at MLB, where he is a beast for us.

his numbers in the backfield may not be crazy, but they'll have him all over the field with shifts and moves that we haven't seen before this year. Think Ravens amoeba defense... I'm not sure they'll have that much freedom, but there will be a LOT of presnap shifts and movement. Show something, then take it away. Going to be fun to watch.

BossDawg
05-30-2014, 11:30 AM
And let's be honest, Chris Jones is probably one of the 14 most freakish athletes in the country as well.

I was thinking the same thing.

HoopsDawg
05-30-2014, 11:46 AM

Mckinney is not great in pass coverage. On the flip side, we need a pass rush and he can provide that off the edge. Richie can handle MLB or we can run a 4-2-5 with our depth in the secondary. It's a no-brainer especially against spread teams.

civildawg
05-30-2014, 12:03 PM
I remember when we took his commitment out of nowhere. I had no idea who he was and it was a head scratcher for me to take him. I'm glad I ate crow on that