PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Lafayette Regional Forecast Thread

TheRef
05-29-2014, 05:28 PM
Well here we go. It's Regional time. I'm going to be posting all of my forecasts on here for any games that MSU is involved in. I'm going to start off with the SDSU match up with a 7:00 PM CDT posting on Maroon and White Nation. I'll post the link on here whenever it publishes. Some interesting stuff on there for this game and part of me hopes I'm wrong with it. But I'll keep posting in this thread with my forecasts. Also, I hate to tell you this, Cadaver, but I won't be able to start off the PBP for the SDSU game. I should be able to come in halfway and do PBP.

CadaverDawg
05-29-2014, 05:31 PM
Well here we go. It's Regional time. I'm going to be posting all of my forecasts on here for any games that MSU is involved in. I'm going to start off with the SDSU match up with a 7:00 PM CDT posting on Maroon and White Nation. I'll post the link on here whenever it publishes. Some interesting stuff on there for this game and part of me hopes I'm wrong with it. But I'll keep posting in this thread with my forecasts. Also, I hate to tell you this, Cadaver, but I won't be able to start off the PBP for the SDSU game. I should be able to come in halfway and do PBP.

Tell the boys to pack their shit and head back to Starkville, it's over.

Just kidding, I'll pick up the slack, Ref. Thanks for the forecasts.

TheRef
05-29-2014, 05:53 PM
Tell the boys to pack their shit and head back to Starkville, it's over.

Just kidding, I'll pick up the slack, Ref. Thanks for the forecasts.

Blame Boys State. I'm refereeing their basketball final in the HUMP this Friday. Game starts at 1:00 PM CDT. I should be back and running around 2:10 PM or so.

TheRef
05-29-2014, 07:04 PM
Here ya go, Game 1's forecast is LIVE:

http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2014/05/29/ncaa-lafayette-regional-forecast-series-game-1-vs-ron-burgandy-university/

BulldogBear
05-29-2014, 07:10 PM
So just what do they do if a regional site is deluged? Let's say we get our game in between delays but ULL/JSU doesn't happen?

They play Saturday obviously, but what if that takes all blessed day? Will they push a regional all the way back to Tue or Wed supposing they that emerge from loser bracket beat winner twice or takes winner two games to beat them?

Cajuns99
05-29-2014, 08:02 PM
So just what do they do if a regional site is deluged? Let's say we get our game in between delays but ULL/JSU doesn't happen?

They play Saturday obviously, but what if that takes all blessed day? Will they push a regional all the way back to Tue or Wed supposing they that emerge from loser bracket beat winner twice or takes winner two games to beat them?

No school, play all night if you have to

whosyourdawgy
05-29-2014, 08:13 PM
I must say ref, that is my first time reading your forecast and that shit is WAY over my head! Good Lord! I shoulda just skipped to the last 2 lines. All I understood was the 70 percent w 80 percent chance of delay. Thanks though. You obviously are kicking ass in meteorology school.

BulldogBear
05-29-2014, 08:16 PM
I must say ref, that is my first time reading your forecast and that shit is WAY over my head! Good Lord! I shoulda just skipped to the last 2 lines. All I understood was the 70 percent w 80 percent chance of delay. Thanks though. You obviously are kicking ass in meteorology school.

THIS^

TheRef
05-29-2014, 08:19 PM
Sorry about that. I'll try to explain things in more layman's terms next time. I just really excited about this type of stuff and go a little bit more in-depth than I probably should. I'll make an adjustment for next time. Thanks for the feedback, though! Glad to hear y'all are enjoying it.

whosyourdawgy
05-29-2014, 08:35 PM
Sorry about that. I'll try to explain things in more layman's terms next time. I just really excited about this type of stuff and go a little bit more in-depth than I probably should. I'll make an adjustment for next time. Thanks for the feedback, though! Glad to hear y'all are enjoying it.

Do yo thing. Then at the bottom put Ref's weather for dummies. I promise it won't offend me.

State82
05-29-2014, 10:36 PM
Thanks though. You obviously are kicking ass in meteorology school.

I got a feeling Cantore better be stepping up his game. Could be a new sheriff in town shortly, and his name is Ref!

Todd4State
05-29-2014, 10:46 PM

They'll just push everything back a day. It's not unusual to have this happen in a regional.

messageboardsuperhero
05-30-2014, 12:11 AM
I hate artificial turf for baseball as much as the next guy, but it sure is useful on weekends like this one will probably be.

TheRef
05-30-2014, 09:41 AM
I hate artificial turf for baseball as much as the next guy, but it sure is useful on weekends like this one will probably be.

That's very true. With the Tigue having artificial turf, that's probably the only thing that will keep this regional moving at a fairly nice pace. If we didn't have turf, it wouldn't surprise me that balls might get stuck in the grass if it comes in on a high fly.

Pioneer Dawg
05-30-2014, 10:07 AM
Damnit why doesn't the NCAA mandate all regionals be played in domes***

TheRef
05-30-2014, 09:28 PM
Here is your Game 2 Forecast, courtesy of Maroon and White Nation.

http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2014/05/30/ncaa-lafayette-regional-forecast-series-game-2-vs-jackson-state/

TheRef
05-31-2014, 09:44 PM
Here is your Regional Final forecast. Read it, share it, love it.

http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2014/05/31/ncaa-lafayette-regional-forecast-series-game-3-vs-louisiana-lafayettejackson-state/

TheRef
06-02-2014, 07:09 AM
Here is your forecast for the Regional Finale of all Finales. We play at 6:00 PM CDT. I hope you enjoy the slightly shorter forecast discussion.

http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2014/06/02/ncaa-lafayette-regional-forecast-series-marbles-edition/