PDA

View Full Version : Tickets officially sold out.

dickiedawg
05-29-2014, 02:34 PM
They did not make it to all the RCAF members, so general public is SOL.

Cajuns99
05-29-2014, 02:56 PM
I have 9 box suites seats available...10$ each...will be available all weekend for any non-UL game. PM me. We also will be tailgating all weekend

DawgSaint
05-29-2014, 03:23 PM
One of our smallest Friday night crowds of the year is a hard sell out at an NCAA event. Just Brilliant!

nsvltndog
05-29-2014, 03:26 PM
It makes you wonder if at some point the NCAA will need to set guidelines for ballpark size in order to host on campus. You don't see this in 1st round NCAA Basketball or football bowl games. If baseball wants to continue its quest to be big time, this seems like a logical next step. I'm not suggesting moving back to teams that are 2 or 3 seeds hosting, but you could make arrangements to play in the nearest minor league park or something like that. Purdue did that a few years ago when their new stadium was under construction.

maroonmania
05-29-2014, 03:35 PM
It makes you wonder if at some point the NCAA will need to set guidelines for ballpark size in order to host on campus. You don't see this in 1st round NCAA Basketball or football bowl games. If baseball wants to continue its quest to be big time, this seems like a logical next step. I'm not suggesting moving back to teams that are 2 or 3 seeds hosting, but you could make arrangements to play in the nearest minor league park or something like that. Purdue did that a few years ago when their new stadium was under construction.

I seriously don't believe the NCAA cares one way or the other on baseball because they don't view as a money making sport as a whole. Would be nice if someday college baseball got to the level to have neutral site NCAA playoffs like college basketball.

ragincajun1997
05-29-2014, 03:35 PM
I have 2 for sale for non-UL games. PM me for details.

dickiedawg
05-29-2014, 04:12 PM
Boy there is a lot of butt hurt over on the UL boards now.
It reminds me a lot of the club level reseating. "Big Dollars" vs. "But I Was Here First".

I really wonder why bringing in temporary seating in the outfield was not an option. I know there are pine trees back there, but geez. It seems like they could have sold at least twice their capacity if the tickets were available. I'd be willing to bet there's a plan in place for that the next time they host a regional.

I seen it dawg
05-29-2014, 04:19 PM
There is NO place to put temporary seating in their outfield. Unless you put it inside the fence on the warning track. Trees. Big trees occupy their space behind the fence. Until they redo their baseball stadium, which is coming, they have what they have. You can't just shit out more seats.

Msragincajun
05-29-2014, 04:36 PM
I have several tickets for sale in different sections. Email alexhebert42@yahoo.com if interested! Thanks