PDA

View Full Version : Carson Baranik looks to be the ULL starter for game 2

Dawg61
05-28-2014, 11:17 PM
6'3 215lbs RH, 10-1 3.30 era, 1.12 whip, 69 ks in 92.2 ip.

http://ragincajuns.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4183

Pioneer Dawg
05-28-2014, 11:45 PM
Glad they are throwing Daddy's Boy first. If you are a top arm you should rack up K's with their level of competition.

Baranik only struck out the Bammer's 4 times.

Father's Daughter (Saul Smith reference... UK) went 9 vs them striking out 11

Dawg61
05-28-2014, 11:49 PM
Glad they are throwing Daddy's Boy first. If you are a top arm you should rack up K's with their level of competition.

Baranik only struck out the Bammer's 4 times.

Father's Daughter (Saul Smith reference... UK) went 9 vs them striking out 11

Hmmm maybe I got bad info. Took it from their board. Is daddy's boy their #1? I'd think they'd save their ace for game 2. If they are smart. Hope they blow their ace on JSU. That'd be hilarious.

HailHud
05-29-2014, 12:02 AM
Hmmm maybe I got bad info. Took it from their board. Is daddy's boy their #1? I'd think they'd save their ace for game 2. If they are smart. Hope they blow their ace on JSU. That'd be hilarious.

Robichaux would be considered the ace of the staff, although Baranik was the conference pitcher of the year. Robichaux is probably the most consistent and was the Friday guy the last 2 seasons

Pioneer Dawg
05-29-2014, 12:04 AM

Yes it would. They would be fools to not throw Robichoux game 2.

Dawg61
05-29-2014, 12:21 AM
Robichaux (love that name) is 6'6 170 lbs RH bean pole with a 7-2 record, 3.03 era, 1.06 whip and 70 ks in 74 ip. Looks like we are facing a RH either way. Baranik throws less walks per IP but Robichaux has more ks per IP. Tough call here. Going to be a lot of pressure on Robichaux in front of his home crowd in the heat and biggest crowd of the year with cowbells and ball four chants all night. Maybe we can rattle him and he'll start walking batters. He's all ours once he starts walking us.

I seen it dawg
05-29-2014, 06:20 AM
Baranik is the kid that went to LSU, pitched a few innings his true fr yr, got into some trouble and left the program after 1 year. Got his act together in Juco in Fla and came back to Louisiana. He's pretty damn good as is Robicheaux. I would say Baranik is their 1 but he did get roughed up in his last outing in the conference tournament. Either way we will face their 1A or 1B.

If I were them I would throw my 3 at JSU but they may be sticking to their routine and slots for their staff.

We get by SDSU and let's see what kind of stones he's got.

Bucky Dog
05-29-2014, 06:37 AM
Robichaux (love that name) is 6'6 170 lbs RH bean pole with a 7-2 record, 3.03 era, 1.06 whip and 70 ks in 74 ip. Looks like we are facing a RH either way. Baranik throws less walks per IP but Robichaux has more ks per IP. Tough call here. Going to be a lot of pressure on Robichaux in front of his home crowd in the heat and biggest crowd of the year with cowbells and ball four chants all night. Maybe we can rattle him and he'll start walking batters. He's all ours once he starts walking us.
Can we just win game one first without speculating that we are already playing ULL in game two? In sports you never look ahead. Superstition and such!!

RougeDawg
05-29-2014, 07:30 AM
Let's not forget that neither of these guys had to face SEC competition every week. Even the best SEC guys get knocked around sometimes. Just have to be patient and take what they give us. No free swinging if they are wild and agressive if they are throwing strikes.

ScottH
05-29-2014, 07:37 AM
Can we just win game one first without speculating that we are already playing ULL in game two?

Thank you.

smootness
05-29-2014, 08:09 AM
Can we just win game one first without speculating that we are already playing ULL in game two? In sports you never look ahead. Superstition and such!!

We don't play the games, so it doesn't much matter. I guarantee the team is thinking only about SDSU; but fans are always going to look down the road at possible scenarios.

Pioneer Dawg
05-29-2014, 08:17 AM
So who do we face in Atlanta this year for the SECCG?***

DownwardDawg
05-29-2014, 08:25 AM
So who do we face in Atlanta this year for the SECCG?***

I'm pulling for UK. I think if they can pull off the East title, that would give us our best chance at winning it all and possibly competing for the National Championship. If not UK then maybe Vandy. Hopefully we'll face Boise State in the NC game. ***

Covercorner2
05-29-2014, 08:33 AM
Here's a regional preview: http://www.baseballamerica.com/college/2014-lafayette-regional-preview/

Dawg61
05-29-2014, 11:21 AM

I'd talk SDSU if it wasn't like talking to the graveyard