PDA

View Full Version : This from the MSU Athletics Facebook page on tickets:

MetEdDawg
05-28-2014, 09:38 AM
"YOU demanded it, so based on availability, Louisiana Lafayette will sell $10 general admission tickets for non-Louisiana games during the Lafayette Regional. We challenge all of you who asked for tickets to show up and wrap Lafayette in Maroon and White. Game officials will make the determination on how many tickets can be sold 10 minutes before first pitch of each game. Share this to spread the word. Don't be all bark and no bite."

This was posted 15 minutes ago so it just came across the wire.

sleepy dawg
05-28-2014, 10:08 AM
That's awesome. Way to go Athletic Dept!

Jack Lambert
05-28-2014, 10:13 AM
I wonder if ticket sells were not going the way they wanted.

Pioneer Dawg
05-28-2014, 10:16 AM
I wonder if ticket sells were not going the way they wanted.

Nope. They sell all tickets in the book packets. They then can DOUBLE SELL those same seats as "general admission" meaning "ULL fans aren't here, sit wherever you want unless a ticket comes for that specific seat"

More money for ULL. Smart move.

Pioneer Dawg
05-28-2014, 10:26 AM
I just called the ULL ticket office for an update. Season ticket holder's tickets have NOT all been sold as of right now. They wouldn't give me a number as to how many are left/have been bought but for those of us on the list for the weekend packet there is still hope.... as of right now.

curmudgeon
05-28-2014, 10:55 AM
I just called the ULL ticket office for an update. Season ticket holder's tickets have NOT all been sold as of right now. They wouldn't give me a number as to how many are left/have been bought but for those of us on the list for the weekend packet there is still hope.... as of right now.

Hold the phone. You mean the BEST TEAM IN THE COUNTRY is having problems selling all of their tickets for an NCAA Regional? How are the Cajun fans going to watch all the home runs fly out of the stadium while eating gumbo?

Political Hack
05-28-2014, 11:45 AM
Hold the phone. You mean the BEST TEAM IN THE COUNTRY is having problems selling all of their tickets for an NCAA Regional? How are the Cajun fans going to watch all the home runs fly out of the stadium while eating gumbo?

lol. I have no doubt they'll show up and have a great crowd. love me some ULaLa fans! Just good people.

I do worry about them asking people to show up and sit on campus waiting to see if they may be able to get a ticket. I just can't see that being that organized. Fire code issues, double seating, identifying how many to sell, etc ... are all going to pose logistical challenges.

CadaverDawg
05-28-2014, 11:53 AM

Not true, their fans say they could sell out a 6000 seat stadium by themselves.**

Dawg61
05-28-2014, 12:09 PM
So because we bitched about tickets we got what we wanted. Hmmm wasn't honey

KB21
05-28-2014, 12:51 PM
You know, the bottom line is this. It is a joke to put a regional in a stadium where you cannot accomodate the numbers of fans that want to attend.

cajuns25
05-28-2014, 12:53 PM
What are you 14? I'm not on here to talk $hit, nor did I directly call anybody a DOUCHE like you're doing CadaverDawg. I've actually helped quite a bit of your friends on this board get tickets. I've even helped them with tickets to the Cajun game (if MSU gets there).

Hope the good one's show up in Lafayette. You'll have a great time (Free beer and more food than you could ever imagine).

Political Hack
05-28-2014, 01:16 PM
I don't know how to be a guest on someone's board without exposing all of my douche-like qualities.

thank you for your honesty.

I seen it dawg
05-28-2014, 01:19 PM
So because we bitched about tickets we got what we wanted. Hmmm wasn't honey

That policy was in place before regionals was announced. Our athletic dept just decided to throw it out there finally. Your screaming and bitching did nothing.

CadaverDawg
05-28-2014, 01:20 PM
thank you for your honesty.

+1