PDA

View Full Version : 5 outs from OMAHA by O-M-A-H-A

ScoobaDawg
05-27-2014, 03:34 PM
What a joke... "in honor of the 5th anniversary of " UM's CHOKE JOB to UVA in 2009

http://youtu.be/nogQvTn_Axk

CadaverDawg
05-27-2014, 03:48 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

BeardoMSU
05-27-2014, 03:57 PM
What the holy 17?!?

A shoulda woulda coulda sob story. Classic OM.

http://media.giphy.com/media/4WGr6Jnd7TBte/giphy.gif

messageboardsuperhero
05-27-2014, 03:59 PM
That's pretty damn funny.

It does beg the question: if UM makes documentaries about NOT getting to Omaha, what the hell are they going to do when they eventually do get there? I expect year round whiskey showers with naked men dancing in the street- complete with a full length movie starring Sandra Bullock as Mike Bianco.

CadaverDawg
05-27-2014, 04:02 PM
How embarrassing. And Button is clearly not over it yet. Have you ever seen such a bunch of finger pointing, cant accept blame, athletes in your life? Yea, go "punch someone's ass", Button, you tool.

BeardoMSU
05-27-2014, 04:02 PM
a full length movie starring Sandra Bullock as Mike Bianco.

Nice one, lol.

messageboardsuperhero
05-27-2014, 04:04 PM
What the holy 17?!?

A shoulda woulda coulda sob story. Classic OM.

http://media.giphy.com/media/4WGr6Jnd7TBte/giphy.gif

Yep. The whole thing pretty much goes like: "Well, we should have gone... We would have gone if not for..."

It's basically another one of UM's ways of claiming something without actually earning it. "Hey, look at me!! We almost made it! Give us credit!"

CadaverDawg
05-27-2014, 04:05 PM
Stansbury could have had like 20 of these documentaries made while at State.

messageboardsuperhero
05-27-2014, 04:13 PM
Stansbury could have had like 20 of these documentaries made while at State.

Maybe we should make a documentary about the 2004 SEC Champions team running into Xavier and missing the Sweet 16?

Or we could make one about what would have happened if Gordon's buzzer beater had gone in against Memphis in 07?

Perhaps we could make one about not winning the national title 1985?

This documentary is just classic UM.

CadaverDawg
05-27-2014, 04:19 PM
Maybe we should make a documentary about the 2004 SEC Champions team running into Xavier and missing the Sweet 16?

Or we could make one about what would have happened if Gordon's buzzer beater had gone in against Memphis in 07?

Perhaps we could make one about not winning the national title 1985?

This documentary is just classic UM.

"Two Games. - A Story about how two games separated MSU from a National Title in 2013"

tcdog70
05-27-2014, 04:20 PM
we woulda been in the Sugar Bowl if Lindsey Scott doesn't make that TD against the Gators.

CadaverDawg
05-27-2014, 04:23 PM
New OM slogan...

OLE MISS - When you can't win anything to make a documentary about.... Just make one about how close you were to winning.

maroonmania
05-27-2014, 04:23 PM
What is really hilarious is that they are wrapped around the axle just trying to get to Omaha. With our 9 trips to the CWS we've seen just how difficult it is to bring home the brass ring even if you are fortunate enough to get there pretty often.

engie
05-27-2014, 04:28 PM
This is what a percentage our fanbase is afraid of... Let that sink in...

TheRef
05-27-2014, 04:32 PM
I'm sorry...I'm sorry...I shouldn't laugh at this but....

http://media.tumblr.com/f934f6df4eb947964e06412a81274246/tumblr_inline_n61al6LPd11spjyze.gif

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/117031/3783720-lol.gif

Even PUTIN is laughing

http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/04/Putin-Laughing-gif.gif

shoeless joe
05-27-2014, 04:58 PM
The only individual in that entire video that didn't come off as a complete and utter tool was Matt smith. And cadaver's right...I don't think I've ever seen an athlete do as much blaming and finger pointing as button did there.

TheRef
05-27-2014, 05:08 PM
"Well...I was injured when I was drafted. Actually, I was injured for that whole Super Regional."

Bass Chaser
05-27-2014, 06:57 PM
Talk about getting their often...FSU's been there 21 times and NEVER won it all.

It_Could_Happen
05-27-2014, 11:13 PM
The only individual in that entire video that didn't come off as a complete and utter tool was Matt smith. And cadaver's right...I don't think I've ever seen an athlete do as much blaming and finger pointing as button did there.

I agree Smith came off as a pretty nice guy and I remember he wasn't a bad player. The difference in our athletes and there's: Ive never heard Hendu have an excuse about not getting that bunt down in the finals last year. Button has every excuse in the world for not making that throw. Own up to your mistakes son.

It_Could_Happen
05-27-2014, 11:13 PM
Their's*

cheewgumm
05-27-2014, 11:20 PM
Embarrassing

RC3
05-28-2014, 07:19 AM
I love Buttons claim that the throw wasn't really that bad.... Pure choke job. It was that bad

LeakyD
05-28-2014, 07:53 AM
Was that Matt Damon playing Evan Button. Seemed like the same character from School Ties.

smootness
05-28-2014, 08:14 AM
I didn't think what Button said was all that bad. He probably hears things from Ole Miss fans everywhere he goes. Those are the fans of your team, and they're the ones ripping you constantly. That's not an easy thing, you don't just get over that. Do you think State fans are constantly ripping Henderson every time they see him for not getting the bunt down? Of course not.

And it's the worst thing about sports fans, too...that sense that apparently these guys owe you something? That you have a right to not witness any errors?

The thing you commonly see in games like this (Cubs Bartman game, too, for example) is that the players themselves begin to get a sense that something bad is happening. If the Ole Miss players had just said, 'Oh well, there's still one out and just a guy on first,' there's probably a pretty good chance they win that game. But once you start thinking, 'Oh gosh, that's not good,' then you're usually already done.

engie
05-28-2014, 09:11 AM
It's the ones that aren't overcome that aren't forgiven Smoot. Once they actually get over the hump and into Omaha, Evan Button's mistake will be moved past. In reality, Holder did the EXACT same thing last year in Virginia -- but Rea bailed him out.

I agree with you on the "sky is about to fall" mentality though. Those situations are something Cohen-coached teams excel in. That's one of the main reasons he projects as such a good postseason coach.

Martianlander
05-28-2014, 10:24 AM
we woulda been in the Sugar Bowl if Lindsey Scott doesn't make that TD against the Gators.
You are correct and Georgia went on to win the national championship that year, after that last second win.

Jack Lambert
05-28-2014, 10:29 AM
What is really hilarious is that they are wrapped around the axle just trying to get to Omaha. With our 9 trips to the CWS we've seen just how difficult it is to bring home the brass ring even if you are fortunate enough to get there pretty often.

FSU has been 21 times and never won it.
Miami has been 23 ties and won it four times.
UCLA has only been 5 times and won it once.
Alabama has only been 5 times and never won it.
Florida has only been 8 times and they have never won it.
LSU has been 16 times and as won it six times.
USC has been 21 times and has won it 12
Ole miss has been 4 times.

I think it all about timming when you go and luck. In LSU and USC case they were just bad ass when they won it.