PDA

View Full Version : LSU's Aaron Nola (10-0), out for Ole Miss series to "rest his arm"

CadaverDawg
05-13-2013, 03:58 PM
Sometimes I feel like Ole Miss could eat paper and crap out hundred dollar bills.

Lefthandersrule
05-13-2013, 04:25 PM
I was afraid this would happen.

CadaverDawg
05-13-2013, 04:30 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/183409/son-of-a-b-tch-o.gif

Will James
05-13-2013, 04:36 PM
They probably still lose.

mic
05-13-2013, 04:43 PM
Wahl wont throw thursday or friday for rebs anyway..
Bianco may not throw him at all. May save him for Tuesday night opening round of tourny

Goat Holder
05-13-2013, 04:45 PM
LSU is going to be far less motivated for this series than Ole Miss. LSU has everything wrapped up for them already, and are on cruise control. You should have already been expecting them (OM) to win. Again, this is why Saturday was devastating for us.

RTO Dawg
05-13-2013, 05:13 PM
Good move on the Coon Ass front....

Todd4State
05-13-2013, 07:59 PM
You don't want to go into the postseason flat either. Manieri probably thinks their midweek guy > Ole Miss's third guy. And he's probably right.

Also, are we sure Nola isn't hurt? To me, it would be more beneficial to let him throw 50-80 pitches and take him out than let him take a week off.

Will James
05-13-2013, 08:22 PM
You don't want to go into the postseason flat either. Manieri probably thinks their midweek guy > Ole Miss's third guy. And he's probably right.

Also, are we sure Nola isn't hurt? To me, it would be more beneficial to let him throw 50-80 pitches and take him out than let him take a week off.

He can get some work in Hoover.

Homedawg
05-13-2013, 08:37 PM

I'm w you.......
Maybe he is hurt. But if not, that is why these guys get hurt all the time, IMO. They get babied thru college throwing once every seven days. Then go to the pros while they baby them thru the minors. I know they start throwing every 5-6 days but still on low pitch counts. I'm a firm believer in letting them throw. Throw more, hurt less. 30 years ago you didn't see near the arm injuries you do today. I know there are lots of factors. I.e. crazy dads that throw them 9000 pitches when they arent teenagers yet. With that said everybody is a wuss- a little tenderness and my arm hurts. Hell it's supposed to be tender if you threw 115 pitches the night before. Big difference between tender and hurt.