PDA

View Full Version : I let my Scout membership run out, but someone needs to say something to this guy:

Lloyd Christmas
05-27-2014, 11:10 AM
This is from the Auburn Scout page I linked the other day

State loses a lot, and I mean a lot, on their front 7on defense next year. 5 of 7 starters were seniors in 2013.

State loses a lot, and I mean a lot, on their offense next year. They lose EVERY offensive line starter (all seniors last year), they lost 3 out of their top 4 tight ends, they lose 2 out of their top 3 receivers, and oh by the way they lose their top running back Perkins and their workhorse Nick Griffin.

When predicitions like this are made, it makes me question if any sort of basic analysis is done or if they just look at the sexy position of quarterback and judge who they think is better and go with that team to win. We beat a very experienced senior laden team in Miss St last year and we had 3 turnovers in the game with a very inexperienced Nick Marshall leading the team. I see ZERO reason on paper why anyone would predict them to beat us this year. I just don't see it.

The Miss St and Arkansas game will be an important one this year as they'll both be competing for 2nd to last in the west, winner takes that title.

Here's the link (http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=6&f=1010&t=12893176&p=2)

smootness
05-27-2014, 11:18 AM
I'd be all over it, if for nothing else than the sheer fun of seeing the subsequent responses, but scout is being really stupid right now and won't let me even see the login page.

But yes, that is horrifyingly awful analysis...just goes to show what most fans are thinking about when they just discount us, though.

mjh94
05-27-2014, 11:21 AM
why not just let 'em think that.. it'd be more fun beating them with "a young team" from their perspective.

DownwardDawg
05-27-2014, 11:40 AM
That's hilarious! Has he even peeked at our roster?

Dawg61
05-27-2014, 11:55 AM
Sometimes you gotta let Auburn fans correct moron Auburn fans

smootness
05-27-2014, 12:18 PM
BTW, just for fun for us, here is his claim vs. reality:

- Lost 5 from our front 7 on defense, 5 starters were seniors. In reality, we lost 2 of our front 7, and only one of the front 7 that was starting by the end of the year in Autry. Skinner had lost his job. And if you're going 2-deep, we still only lost 2 of our front 7 two-deep. So instead of losing 5/7, we lost 2/14. And we will probably be better overall on the 2-deep since everybody else is back and we add Nick James and Dez Harris.

- Lost all of our OL starts, all seniors. In reality, we lost 2 OL starters, Jackson and Siddoway.

- Lost 3/4 TEs. We literally didn't lose any TE on the roster, though I'm not sure why this would be a big deal anyway.

- Lost 2/3 WRs. We literally didn't lose any WR on the roster before Chappelle transferred; he was our #8 WR last year and transferred because he didn't play enough and only had 4 catches.

- Lost Perkins and Griffin. Yes, we lost Perkins. No, we didn't lose our 'workhorse' (?), Nick Griffin. He returns and is certainly more healthy than he was last year.

I know everyone knows this, just thought it'd be funny to point out just how off-base he was. So he claimed that just counting our starting front 7 and starting OL, we lost 10 players. In reality, we lost 12 scholarship players on the entire roster, and that includes guys like Derrick Milton, Dylan Holley, Corvell Harrison, Quay Evans, and Jeremy Chappelle who were essentially complete non-contributors. Add Russell, Skinner, and Whitley, and we only lost literally a handful of players who contributed in the bowl game.

We could end up losing guys like Jordan Washington, Arrington, and Bohanna as well, but they were all also non-contributors last year.

jumbo
05-27-2014, 12:23 PM
I still have a login in (free, not paid) but you have to apply for access to post on Auburn's board. I'll see if they accept me

maroonmania
05-27-2014, 12:28 PM
What is really sad is apparently Auburn people are PAYING this guy for his misinformation. Pathetic that you can be so ignorant and still make a living giving off of the masses.

hacker
05-27-2014, 12:34 PM
Did he just make that up off the top of his head? hahaha!

BulldogDX55
05-27-2014, 12:42 PM
There is no way that is a real person and not a troll.

On the other hand, Poe's law.

hacker
05-27-2014, 12:59 PM
There is no way that is a real person and not a troll.

On the other hand, Poe's law.

He's got almost 5000 posts!

jumbo
05-27-2014, 01:07 PM
I really like this quote

"When predicitions like this are made, it makes me question if any sort of basic analysis is done "

Coach34
05-27-2014, 01:09 PM
Somebody please tell that moron we have 22/25 coming back in D plus Hughes. What an idiot

BulldogDX55
05-27-2014, 01:09 PM
He's got almost 5000 posts!

Yeah, but you can troll people with your main account.

MSUDawg4Life
05-27-2014, 02:29 PM
I wouldn't tell them anything. Let them think we lost 10 out of 7 of our ... whatever gibberish he's saying. I'd rather have them ignorant and in the dark.

HoopsDawg
05-27-2014, 02:43 PM
18 of 21 starters back who started the Liberty Bowl. Nickoe Whitley (didn't play), Skinner, and Perkins didn't start that game. Only losses: Gabe Jackson, Siddoway, and Autry. Malone should be as good or better than Siddoway. Autry is not really a loss. Gabe Jackson is the only player we lost who will sting.

Dawg61
05-27-2014, 02:57 PM
Running over to opponents boards to correct the injustice is weak sauce. Let them continue to be uneducated. It leaves them overconfident going into a game they most certainly should be nervous about. Btw has anyone given Mullen a copy of that offensive strategy book the Delaware or New Hampshire coach wrote that Malzahn is copying? We should be experts on his offense this year.

BulldogBear
05-27-2014, 03:17 PM
Running over to opponents boards to correct the injustice is weak sauce. Let them continue to be uneducated. It leaves them overconfident going into a game they most certainly should be nervous about. Btw has anyone given Mullen a copy of that offensive strategy book the Delaware or New Hampshire coach wrote that Malzahn is copying? We should be experts on his offense this year.

Yes, let them get their education on October 11th

Pollodawg
05-27-2014, 03:17 PM
Auburn gonna Auburn.

Coach34
05-27-2014, 04:05 PM
18 of 21 starters back who started the Liberty Bowl. Nickoe Whitley (didn't play), Skinner, and Perkins didn't start that game. Only losses: Gabe Jackson, Siddoway, and Autry. Malone should be as good or better than Siddoway. Autry is not really a loss. Gabe Jackson is the only player we lost who will sting.

And actually- Skinner had already lost his starting spot to Bennie Brown a couple of games earlier

tcdog70
05-27-2014, 04:17 PM
an Ass Whupping can be an eye opener

maroonmania
05-27-2014, 04:26 PM
Guess I'm confused. I thought this was from the Auburn Scout guy. Is this just from some Auburn poster on the Scout board? If so, I'm not as worried about it, as there are random idiots on the internet everywhere.