PDA

View Full Version : Interesting national seed info.

messageboardsuperhero
05-26-2014, 12:15 PM
Per the NCAA committee chair, it was actually TCU, LSU, Rice, and Vanderbilt fighting for the last two national seeds- UM wasn't really even in the discussion. Just like last year, this shows me that RPI is BY FAR the most important thing in the committee's mind.

And BTW, should we win the ULL regional and Washington win the Oxford regional, it's far from a sure thing that we'd host the SR. Washington was almost a host team, so they might have the advantage there.

Saltydog
05-26-2014, 12:57 PM
like our chances in the ULL regional better than UM's chances in theirs. UW is a quality club as is Ga Tech and they are coming off winning the ACC tourney. I hope the Jacksonville State team that beat us shows up in the first round against UM.

blacklistedbully
05-26-2014, 01:32 PM
Per the NCAA committee chair, it was actually TCU, LSU, Rice, and Vanderbilt fighting for the last two national seeds- UM wasn't really even in the discussion. Just like last year, this shows me that RPI is BY FAR the most important thing in the committee's mind.

And BTW, should we win the ULL regional and Washington win the Oxford regional, it's far from a sure thing that we'd host the SR. Washington was almost a host team, so they might have the advantage there.

I would have thought the Super would go to the winner of the seeded regional, assuming the host from the other regional did not win.

LeakyD
05-26-2014, 03:03 PM
If they continue to calculate RPI including regional play, two wins over ULL and a win over SDSU should boost our RPI.