PDA

View Full Version : In regards to Lafayette regional tickets...

Jacksondevildog
05-26-2014, 12:10 PM
twitter is saying that ULL is telling people that there will be no tickets available after they sell them to their season ticket holders and "foundation" members. WTF??

msstate7
05-26-2014, 12:13 PM
How many seats in their place?

Jacksondevildog
05-26-2014, 12:16 PM
A little over 3,700.

messageboardsuperhero
05-26-2014, 12:20 PM
That is complete and total bullshit. If you don't have enough seats to accommodate at least opposing team's friends and families, the regional should be moved to a nearby minor league stadium or something. The fact that they might not let our fans have any tickets is absolute garbage.

Jacksondevildog
05-26-2014, 12:22 PM
MSU baseball just tweeted out that you can call ULL and put your name on a list. No assurance that you will even have a chance to order.

Quaoarsking
05-26-2014, 12:23 PM
Yeah, the Committee shouldn't set up Regionals that can't fit the projected attendance. Either move the Regional to New Orleans or only send scrub teams with no fans to the smaller parks.

messageboardsuperhero
05-26-2014, 12:31 PM
I'm sorry, but this absolutely blows my mind. They should move this regional to New Orleans. You can't just lock out opposing fans.

It's going to be funny when the stadium is completely empty for the non-ULL games. Total bullshit.

HardyStreetAlumniClub
05-26-2014, 12:32 PM
twitter is saying that ULL is telling people that there will be no tickets available after they sell them to their season ticket holders and "foundation" members. WTF??

Sounds like a total "coon ass" move. We could fill up that entire little shit stadium with our traveling fans and they know that. That's why they are doing it this way.

ScottH
05-26-2014, 12:36 PM
Surely the NCAA didn't know about this?

Or doesn't care?

Quaoarsking
05-26-2014, 12:39 PM
They really should have 8 predetermined MLB/AAA sites for Regionals and 8 on-campus. Of the 16 #1 sites, the 8 best stadiums would host and the other 8 go to a nearby predetermined site.

starkvegasdawg
05-26-2014, 12:39 PM
Sounds like a total "coon ass" move. We could fill up that entire little shit stadium with our traveling fans and they know that. That's why they are doing it this way.

Shows they're scared. Only a scared team pulls a stunt like this. That's fine. Let's go in there and make their stadium look like vaught Hemingway after halftime.

GulfCoastDawg
05-26-2014, 12:44 PM
I've called the ULL number about 20 times now and
have only gotten someone to answer twice!
Both times all she will say is both extensions are busy
you may want to try back. So good luck. If anyone has any
success please let us know.

Pioneer Dawg
05-26-2014, 12:47 PM
I called and have my name on the list. I gave all of my info and was told if I don't hear back from them by Thursday to call them back.

Can those Frenchies build us a platform around the OF wall to watch from? Thats our view anyway.

messageboardsuperhero
05-26-2014, 12:48 PM
I've called the ULL number about 20 times now and
have only gotten someone to answer twice!
Both times all she will say is both extensions are busy
you may want to try back. So good luck. If anyone has any
success please let us know.

It's very obvious that their little podunck operation wasn't ready to host a regional. These games should be played in New Orleans.

Pioneer Dawg
05-26-2014, 12:55 PM
Any idea on what the ticket situation will be like outside of the stadium? If you want to get in, will you be able to is the question.

messageboardsuperhero
05-26-2014, 01:03 PM
I called and have my name on the list. I gave all of my info and was told if I don't hear back from them by Thursday to call them back.

Can those Frenchies build us a platform around the OF wall to watch from? Thats our view anyway.

We have fans and player's family members that have already booked hotel rooms and made travel arrangements. The fact that they could just lock the door on all MSU fans is just absurd to me. I thought home teams were required to set aside some tickets for visitors? That's what we do anyway...

Quaoarsking
05-26-2014, 01:12 PM
I hope Stricklin is currently raising hell about this...

Jacksondevildog
05-26-2014, 01:17 PM
No Mississippi State employee raises hell about anything. We will take it up the ass and be gracious. Typical.
I hope Stricklin is currently raising hell about this...

Dawg61
05-26-2014, 01:23 PM
This is the biggest bush league move I've ever heard of. There's three other schools here that have friends and family that deserve an opportunity to watch their teams in the NCAA tournament. So when MSU and SDSU play is there going to be 3,750 Cajun fans there rooting for us? Hosting isn't going so well for ULL already.

BulldogBear
05-26-2014, 01:24 PM
Yeah, the Committee shouldn't set up Regionals that can't fit the projected attendance. Either move the Regional to New Orleans or only send scrub teams with no fans to the smaller parks.

Slow Clap!!!

Dang Right!

BulldogBear
05-26-2014, 01:25 PM
This is the biggest bush league move I've ever heard of. There's three other schools here that have friends and family that deserve an opportunity to watch their teams in the NCAA tournament. So when MSU and SDSU play is there going to be 3,750 Cajun fans there rooting for us? Hosting isn't going so well for ULL already.

Guess they want a home crowd. Probably wouldn't be otherwise

blacklistedbully
05-26-2014, 01:28 PM

Nope. Their outfield fence is lined with pine trees. No seating whatsoever.

I hope we bring a bunch of fans anyway, surround the stadium, and embarrass the hell of out of ULL by cascading the stadium with, "Maroon!.........White!" cheers over & over. Let the broadcast pick up on that so they could potentially make a story of how ULL denied access to our fans.

Political Hack
05-26-2014, 01:28 PM
The ninja would've already had tickets guaranteed for at least the players families. That's ridiculous. After the showing in Omaha last year this is how the fan base is rewarded? Completely unacceptable.

I hope we have 5,000 show up and buy every ticket from every other fan there. Take that bastard over and show them what real college baseball is all about. It's pretty damn apparent no one else is worried about helping our fans out. may as well do it ourselves.

Dawg61
05-26-2014, 01:29 PM
Someone get Hudspeth on the phone

RC3
05-26-2014, 01:35 PM
Can they really do that? I'm calling bs

Jacksondevildog
05-26-2014, 01:42 PM
http://www.ragincajuns.com/sports/2012/8/14/TigueMooreField.aspx

Quaoarsking
05-26-2014, 01:47 PM
http://www.ragincajuns.com/news/2014/5/26/BB_0526141449.aspx

I think the phone number is wrong on the official ULL website?? I'm getting an answering machine for somebody named Mathew Cashbaum or something...

ETA: Or is that right, but he's just not answering the phone? Either way, completely bush league...

ETA2: Don't know about that number, but I called the main athletic department line and they directed me to a different number, where a woman answered the phone. She took my information but said it was extremely unlikely that I would actually get tickets. Absolutely ridiculous.

Maroons
05-26-2014, 02:02 PM
Y'all are bitching like you DESERVE tickets. Seriously, we're playing on the road - what did you really expect??? For them to open up 3/4 of the seats to a visiting team's fanbase so that fanbase could ruin their home advantage?

Pioneer Dawg
05-26-2014, 02:05 PM
Y'all are bitching like you DESERVE tickets. Seriously, we're playing on the road - what did you really expect??? For them to open up 3/4 of the seats to a visiting team's fanbase so that fanbase could ruin their home advantage?

I agree with some of the thinking here but that stadium is TOO small. If opposing fans cannot even enter the gate for an NCAA event, there is something wrong.

Quaoarsking
05-26-2014, 02:06 PM

We DESERVE the opportunity to buy tickets, if we're making hotel reservations, asking for time off from work, and driving all the way down there. They're going to tell me I probably don't have tickets, but I don't get to find out for sure until Thursday? What bullshit...

Has this ever been an issue for us before? I never heard any trouble about our fans being almost completely locked out of Omaha, Virginia, Florida State, Florida, Georgia Tech, Miami, etc... Bottom line is the Committee royally ****ed this one up.

ShotgunDawg
05-26-2014, 02:16 PM
Here are the stadium capacities of the teams hosting regionals. As you can see, ULL's stadium is bigger than 4 of the other regional sites and within 200 seats of a few others. Should ULL have to play their regional at a minor league park when Oregon State, Vandy, Oklahoma State, and Indiana don't? Should ULL have to play their regional at a minor league stadium because the NCAA put them in a regional with a team that travels well? Would that be fair?

Please have well thought out arguments or you run the risk of making our fan base look dumb and devaluing all of our degrees.

Oregon State - 3,248

Oklahoma State - 3,821

Rice - 5,368

LSU - 7,760

Florida State - 6,700

Louisville - 4,000

Vanderbilt - 3,700

Indiana - 2,500

Florida - 5,500

Miami - 4,999

Cal Poly - 1,534

TCU - 4,500

ULL - 3,755

South Carolina - 8,242

Virginia - 4,980

Quaoarsking
05-26-2014, 02:20 PM
It's not just the capacity, though. ULL has no room to bring in temporarily bleachers behind the outfield or just stand people there because of all the trees back there.

More realistically, the committee just shouldn't've sent us there. In the future, the committee has got to look at their brackets, project attendance, and not create a regional whose demand for tickets will far exceed its capacity.

Pioneer Dawg
05-26-2014, 02:21 PM
Is anyone familiar with Downtown? It i looking like tickets may be hard to come by, so we should definitely have a few designated viewing party locations there where Maroon can take over if you cant get tix.

GreenheadDawg
05-26-2014, 02:21 PM
I agree shotgun. I guess they earned the right for home field advantage and they are taking that to heart

Ragin4U
05-26-2014, 02:22 PM
Oh well. Take care of your business and you could host. Maybe if you didnt lose to UCSB, Holy Cross, etc you could host in that nice big stadium you have. If you come to Lafayette, we will take care of you, just follow the smoke to some awesome tailgating. Dont be shy. Walk right up and someone will give you a plate and a beer. You can even talk a little shite but expect to get some back! Of course, we could always talk about our mutual LSU hate.
Safe travels.
edit-> I would agree that if you would normally travel well, the committee should take that into account.

#WeAreLouisiana #GeauxCajuns #Geauxmaha

ShotgunDawg
05-26-2014, 02:25 PM
Oh well. Take care of your business and you could host. Maybe if you didnt lose to UCSB, Holy Cross, etc you could host in that nice big stadium you have. If you come to Lafayette, we will take care of you, just follow the smoke to some awesome tailgating. Dont be shy. Walk right up and someone will give you a plate and a beer. You can even talk a little shite but expect to get some back! Of course, we could always talk about our mutual LSU hate.
Safe travels.

#WeAreLouisiana #GeauxCajuns #Geauxmaha

Completely agree. You guys earned a regional and MSU didn't.

Pioneer Dawg
05-26-2014, 02:26 PM
Oh well. Take care of your business and you could host. You can even talk a little shite but expect to get some back #Geauxmaha

What is the economic situation of your fanbase? Since MSU is fair game for this topic from the national media I will give it right back to you. Will your fans be able to pass up the money that could be made from their tickets?

Quaoarsking
05-26-2014, 02:31 PM
"Earning a Regional" is NOT the same thing as locking out the other fanbases. Georgia Tech, Miami, Florida State, etc., didn't do this to us and we didn't do it to other teams last year either. This is very out of the ordinary.

Dawg61
05-26-2014, 02:32 PM
Ok i can expect a cap put on the games that ULL is playing in. Fine have your deserved home field crowd when y'all play. But when SDSU and MSU play to not allow us to see our own fu*king teams in the damn NCAA tournament is beyond bush league. Just don't sell entire weekend packages and only sell individual games and y'all can have all the ULL game tickets but how many ULL fans are going to go watch MSU vs SDSU play? That's pure shit.

Pioneer Dawg
05-26-2014, 02:35 PM
Fairly certain the non ULL games will be easy to access

Pioneer Dawg
05-26-2014, 02:37 PM
I think it says a lot that there are many here that are rightly pissed about the tickets and on the other board it's crickets.

BulldogBear
05-26-2014, 03:10 PM
Here are the stadium capacities of the teams hosting regionals. As you can see, ULL's stadium is bigger than 4 of the other regional sites and within 200 seats of a few others. Should ULL have to play their regional at a minor league park when Oregon State, Vandy, Oklahoma State, and Indiana don't? Should ULL have to play their regional at a minor league stadium because the NCAA put them in a regional with a team that travels well? Would that be fair?Please have well thought out arguments or you run the risk of making our fan base look dumb and devaluing all of our degrees.

Oregon State - 3,248

Oklahoma State - 3,821

Rice - 5,368

LSU - 7,760

Florida State - 6,700

Louisville - 4,000

Vanderbilt - 3,700

Indiana - 2,500

Florida - 5,500

Miami - 4,999

Cal Poly - 1,534

TCU - 4,500

ULL - 3,755

South Carolina - 8,242

Virginia - 4,980
Of course not Shotgun. You're right. The gripe is you don't send Mississippi State to that regional... right down the road, knowing how we travel. Not much forsight, nor consideration.

BulldogBear
05-26-2014, 03:11 PM
Alot of these other parks may have samall capacity as well, but they have more "standing room"

cajuns25
05-26-2014, 03:21 PM
Hey Gentlemen.

-This is the way it's done at every regional. You do realize that our home games are all basically sell outs. Tickets are very hard to come by for every single game. We have a very loyal fan base and we travel well too. I understand that you're pissed off, but don't bash our stadium, conference (which does suck), etc. because of this. Come down to The Tigue, you will get tickets I promise!

Ticket sales went as follows:

(1)-Season Ticket holders were allowed 5 days to purchase "THEIR" season tickets only -- no additional
(2)-RCAF (Ragin Cajun Athletic Foundation) had the next couple of days to purchase tickets
(3)-General public followed

*Once the 200 allotment goes out to the other 3 teams in the Regional, along with the season ticket holders there weren't many more to go around.*

I have 4 tickets to all games. I am willing to sell them to anyone interested. The only games that I will not sell will be the ones in which the Cajuns are playing in. I will sell each ticket @ $10.00 each. All tickets are located on the 1st base line (Section A Top Two Rows - Great seats)

Let me know who's interested

bluelightstar
05-26-2014, 03:23 PM
In the future, let's worry about the things we can control -- which is how many games we win.

ghostofjackie
05-26-2014, 03:27 PM
How did we handle this situation last year when we hosted a regional? Our ticket packages for reserved seating sold out quickly. But we still left a good amount of tickets for the visiting schools to have access to. Surely the bulldog club has access to a few hundred. It just sucks for people like me who would go if I had access to a ticket.

99jc
05-26-2014, 03:29 PM
In the future, let's worry about the things we can control -- which is how many games we win.

themselves to blame! Everyone needs to quit bitching and watch it on ESPN 3....like me.

cajuns25
05-26-2014, 03:36 PM
Okay-I'm actually able to get my hands on 15-20 TICKETS all in the same area @ $10.00 each for "non-cajun" games. You'll just have to do your best bartering for tickets if y'all play us.

Let me know

Dawg61
05-26-2014, 03:36 PM
Again the issue is not the games ULL is playing in it's the ones they aren't playing in. Why should season ticket holders get to buy up all the tickets for MSU vs SDSU for example that only a handful of them will actually attend. Those tickets should be first come first serve imo. A stadium that can't hold the demand should't sell full weekend passes to only their fans for all the games when there's 3 other teams playing. That's like a restaurant having a line out the door and down the street with nothing but empty tables that are reserved for people not at the restaurant. I understand it's cheaper to buy a full pass for all the games than buying individual games but that leaves a half full stadium in the games ULL doesn't play in when the stadium could be full. So how many people are actually attending JSU vs SDSU cause it sounds like even that game is sold out if it happens.

cajuns25
05-26-2014, 03:55 PM
Again the issue is not the games ULL is playing in it's the ones they aren't playing in. Why should season ticket holders get to buy up all the tickets for MSU vs SDSU for example that only a handful of them will actually attend. Those tickets should be first come first serve imo. A stadium that can't hold the demand should't sell full weekend passes to only their fans for all the games when there's 3 other teams playing. That's like a restaurant having a line out the door and down the street with nothing but empty tables that are reserved for people not at the restaurant. I understand it's cheaper to buy a full pass for all the games than buying individual games but that leaves a half full stadium in the games ULL doesn't play in when the stadium could be full. So how many people are actually attending JSU vs SDSU cause it sounds like even that game is sold out if it happens.

You do realize that this is how EVERY regional works right? How would the host team be able to "pre-purchase" only the tickets that they needed. You are not in a designated game/time slot. It's a tournament and you time depends on whether you win or lose.

I went the the Tulane regional years ago to watch the cajuns play. Tickets were sold out for all games, but there was only about 200 people watching Southern play Alabama or whoever they were playing..............

I had to purchase the tickets I needed at an absolute premium...

Every school in America does this

ScoobaDawg
05-26-2014, 03:58 PM
Guys... Chill
they earned the right to host. We didnt do enough and deserve to get sent wherever with no consideration of our fanbase following.
Their fans earned the right to buy all the seats first.
Head on down and take a chance on scoring a msu game ticket from a season ticket holder or party it up in downtown with any other msu fans who make the trip.

It sucks, but its noones fault except our own.

and if you think this sucks..let us win the Regional and move onto oxford. They cant put more than 12k or whatever and there is NO WAY they will accommodate and make special provisions to allow more of our fanbase in. their fans will be coming out of the woodworks and we will get screwed for tickets.

CajunLegend
05-26-2014, 04:11 PM
Guys, I am a season ticket holder from UL that would be willing to sell individual game tickets for the games the Cajuns are NOT playing in. I have 2 seats in
Box 5, Row B. This is located ground level, first row behind home plate, GREAT seats. First come, first serve though.

Can reach me at 225-719-2911 and ask for John.

Redbug58
05-26-2014, 04:13 PM
ScoobaDawg is right, just chill for a minute. We had what we thought was the same situation at the LSU Regional last year. But we just "showed up" and there were tickets all over the place. People are very friendly in Lafayette, someone may even just give you tickets; especially for the games that UL is not playing in. I know I'll be giving some away. (the stadium can hold about 4200 by the way)
Don't sweat it, we're cool here. Just ask the Miss. St people that were here for the Softball Regional a couple weeks ago. That was sold out too and everyone still got in.
Have a good time in Lafayette. It's better than Baton Rouge.......I promise

TheRef
05-26-2014, 04:16 PM
Welcome to EliteDawgs, guys. If you have any input or questions about our team, just chime on in. We're fairly friendly around here. I'll do a forecast for each game of the Regional that MSU is in whenever I find out the gametimes.

Dawg61
05-26-2014, 04:16 PM
Just cut down your pine trees and build us a deck extending the entire OF wall and let us tie our grills and bring in our coolers full of "cokes" and let us ring our cowbells the entire weekend and we'll all agree to stop bitching. We'll cook y'all some deer sausage and give you free plates too :)

Park duck
05-26-2014, 04:37 PM
Hey Gentlemen.

-This is the way it's done at every regional. You do realize that our home games are all basically sell outs. Tickets are very hard to come by for every single game. We have a very loyal fan base and we travel well too. I understand that you're pissed off, but don't bash our stadium, conference (which does suck), etc. because of this. Come down to The Tigue, you will get tickets I promise!

Ticket sales went as follows:

(1)-Season Ticket holders were allowed 5 days to purchase "THEIR" season tickets only -- no additional
(2)-RCAF (Ragin Cajun Athletic Foundation) had the next couple of days to purchase tickets
(3)-General public followed

*Once the 200 allotment goes out to the other 3 teams in the Regional, along with the season ticket holders there weren't many more to go around.*

I have 4 tickets to all games. I am willing to sell them to anyone interested. The only games that I will not sell will be the ones in which the Cajuns are playing in. I will sell each ticket @ $10.00 each. All tickets are located on the 1st base line (Section A Top Two Rows - Great seats)

Let me know who's interested

PM at ya! If I get tickets my two Young'uns are gonna be PUMPED!

notsofarawaydawg
05-26-2014, 04:54 PM
After reading a lot of the game threads and baseball threads in general, I don't understand why most of you are bitching about tickets. Most sit on here during games and cut down the coaches and players all game long and now you are trying to raise hell over ticket allotment. If not during the game you can't wait to get on here the next day and tear the team down some more. What the hell are you fussing about? You don't go to the games to start with.

Dawg61
05-26-2014, 05:16 PM
After reading a lot of the game threads and baseball threads in general, I don't understand why most of you are bitching about tickets. Most sit on here during games and cut down the coaches and players all game long and now you are trying to raise hell over ticket allotment. If not during the game you can't wait to get on here the next day and tear the team down some more. What the hell are you fussing about? You don't go to the games to start with.

Not sure what you have but my iPhone let's me post from anywhere in the country. It's nice. You should get one.

Quaoarsking
05-26-2014, 05:40 PM
You do realize that this is how EVERY regional works right?

No it's not. I went to the Georgia Tech regional a few years ago and had no problem getting tickets. I didn't go to FSU 2 years ago, but I didn't hear about any problems like that.

Furthermore, in our Regional last year, we hit, what, about 10,000 fans in the most-attended game? That's 5000 below our record, so we could have squeezed in a few thousand more road fans if needed. ULL just doesn't have that capability.

I'm not saying that ULL should have its Regional taken away from them. I'm just saying they should have given ULL a 2 seed like Washington or Oregon that would bring 50 fans and sent us to a Regional that has space for all of our fans. It would have been very easy for the Committee to set this up right, but they just screwed up.

ShotgunDawg
05-26-2014, 07:04 PM
No it's not. I went to the Georgia Tech regional a few years ago and had no problem getting tickets. I didn't go to FSU 2 years ago, but I didn't hear about any problems like that.

Furthermore, in our Regional last year, we hit, what, about 10,000 fans in the most-attended game? That's 5000 below our record, so we could have squeezed in a few thousand more road fans if needed. ULL just doesn't have that capability.

I'm not saying that ULL should have its Regional taken away from them. I'm just saying they should have given ULL a 2 seed like Washington or Oregon that would bring 50 fans and sent us to a Regional that has space for all of our fans. It would have been very easy for the Committee to set this up right, but they just screwed up.

You make fair points, but, personally, I'm don't believe attendence issues should affect the integrity of the process. Teams should be put in regionals where they deserve to go, not where how many fans they being permits them to go. If you begin using attendence factors to determine regionals, then you will create a slippery slope that could begin to effect the integrity of the CWS immediately.

It sucks, but sometimes this is just the way the cookie crumbles.

BulldogBear
05-26-2014, 07:25 PM
You make fair points, but, personally, I'm don't believe attendence issues should affect the integrity of the process. Teams should be put in regionals where they deserve to go, not where how many fans they being permits them to go. If you begin using attendence factors to determine regionals, then you will create a slippery slope that could begin to effect the integrity of the CWS immediately.

It sucks, but sometimes this is just the way the cookie crumbles.

But technically they ARE basing it on attendence. You have your hosts and then the 2-4 are as local as possible to boost ATTENDANCE. Some regionals don't look that way because they have to break up conference members and sometimes there is just nowhere else to send someone (ex: not make JSU a 3 seed just to keep 'em local - that kind of thing). They are trying to boost attendance with what they set up. SO, if they're gonna do that...fine, but pay attention to make sure the venue can handle it.

messageboardsuperhero
05-26-2014, 07:30 PM

I wasn't expecting them to give us half of their tickets and take away their homefield advantage- they earned it. I just thought it was a little ridiculous when there was talk about not setting aside ANY tickets for visiting fans. How would family get into the games? In every other college sporting event I've ever been to, the home team gives visitors a small allotment of tickets for visiting fans and family. We did this last year in our regional as well.

But guess what? The rumors were wrong, and ULL apparently has set aside some tickets for each visiting school- so I have no complaints.

Dawg61
05-26-2014, 07:33 PM
the problem is the system is outdated. Stop selling entire weekend passes that get gobbled up by the host fans that only play in 25-33% of the games. Sell individual games and have them open up immediately as they are known and fans need to buy them asap or something anything would be better that what is going on right now.

Political Hack
05-26-2014, 07:42 PM
I'm bringing a trailer. I'll expect y'all to have a spot cleared outside of the left field fence for me to park it.***

Drugdog
05-26-2014, 08:16 PM
I have a room Friday night , will I be able to get a Friday afternoon tix?

BulldogBear
05-26-2014, 08:27 PM
I'm bringing a trailer. I'll expect y'all to have a spot cleared outside of the left field fence for me to park it.***

Don't have a chainsaw. Sorry. You'll have to bring it.

HailHud
05-26-2014, 08:43 PM
I have a room Friday night , will I be able to get a Friday afternoon tix?

You shouldn't have any problems getting your hands on some for game 1

I would recommend visiting www.raginpagin.com and playing nice. Someone should be able to help you out

Most there regularly pull for your football team and specifically for Mullen to be successful :)

Dawg61
05-26-2014, 08:47 PM
You shouldn't have any problems getting your hands on some for game 1

I would recommend visiting www.raginpagin.com and playing nice. Someone should be able to help you out

Most there regularly pull for your football team and specifically for Mullen to be successful :)

Nice name

BirdofParadise
05-26-2014, 09:15 PM
The NCAA requires that hosting schools provide 200 tickets for each regional participant school. Usually, parents of players gobble those up pretty quickly.

Buying tournament booklets is standard operating proceedure. Single game tickets, if available, go on sale day of game.

It is likely the stadium will be sold out before booklets can go on sale to the general public.

However, the only time you'll have an issue is if you're playing the Cajuns. Otherwise, tickets will be easy to come by.

I've been to Dudy Noble before. The left field lounge (now the whole outfield lounge LOL) is a great tradition.

You'll find the hospitality here to your liking.

HailHud
05-26-2014, 09:29 PM
You'll find the hospitality here to your liking.

Ditto. We have a "cooking club" that regularly feeds opposing teams and fans. For the regional, there will be more tailgating and general partying going on.

* We do sell a nice variety of beer at home games. With this being a ncaa run event though, not sure if it will be available

Pioneer Dawg
05-26-2014, 09:31 PM
We need Engie to come in using his arrows on Google Maps to show where the best tailgate areas are from the air

Dawg61
05-26-2014, 09:52 PM
We need Engie to come in using his arrows on Google Maps to show where the best tailgate areas are from the air

Hahaha GOLD

Dawg61
05-26-2014, 09:53 PM
Ditto. We have a "cooking club" that regularly feeds opposing teams and fans. For the regional, there will be more tailgating and general partying going on.

* We do sell a nice variety of beer at home games. With this being a ncaa run event though, not sure if it will be available

Can't y'all just cut down all the pine trees and let us rednecks build a giant tailgate for the weekend? you'll make enough money to buy 4,000 more pine trees

TheRef
05-26-2014, 10:00 PM
http://i.imgur.com/QFSoIVk.jpg

If we could invade the track we could take advantage of that.

Pioneer Dawg
05-26-2014, 10:19 PM
I we paid admission, would they let us stand around the OF wall? That's good money they'd be turning away.

Shit they could set up vendors (especially if beer sales are allowed) and make a KILLING

Drugdog
05-26-2014, 10:39 PM
This thread has turned into a Elitedawgs Remembers.

Dawg61
05-26-2014, 10:59 PM
Ohhhh dibs on the lawn behind the pine trees behind LF. We could set up about 100 maroon tents there!! Junction 2.0 y'all

TheRef
05-26-2014, 11:03 PM
Ohhhh dibs on the lawn behind the pine trees behind LF. We could set up about 100 maroon tents there!! Junction 2.0 y'all

#InvadeTheTrack

M.Fillmore
05-26-2014, 11:11 PM
I went to the San Diego messageboard. They are a nice friendly bunch. Yet I had to laugh when one guy posted that Lafayette "has decent Cajun food." That is about like saying that Parish has decent French food.

Dawg61
05-26-2014, 11:15 PM
#InvadeTheTrack

Ok take over the track AND the spacious lawn but we're gonna have to do it like this

http://youtu.be/QJVsS-vIDdc

HailHud
05-26-2014, 11:39 PM

Lol. I'm pretty sure that is a private residence behind LF. In years past, people would sit on the rooftops of those houses, but haven't seen that happen in a while

Pioneer Dawg
05-26-2014, 11:42 PM
Lol. I'm pretty sure that is a private residence behind LF. In years past, people would sit on the rooftops of those houses, but haven't seen that happen in a while

Don't put ANYTHING out of the realm of possibility with us.

Dawg61
05-27-2014, 12:13 AM

WOAH!!! That changes EVERYTHING!!! How much for us to rent out this guy's house for the weekend and turn his backyard into the "Bulldawg Army of Tailgating Tents And Other Awesome Stuff"? For $10,000 this guy will let us tear up his shit right? I get master bedroom fukers for having the idea. What's the local hot tub supplier's name and #?

leeman
05-27-2014, 12:51 AM
What is the economic situation of your fanbase? Since MSU is fair game for this topic from the national media I will give it right back to you. Will your fans be able to pass up the money that could be made from their tickets?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_income Um, your state is dead LAST in income per capita... there was an article in People magazine years ago that listed Lafayette as 'Boomtown USA'..lol It stated that almost everyone had a private maid and butler and we had landing pads for helicopters at McDonalds ..lol...Anyway.. yeah, lots and lots of oil money here... so, we don't need yours... good luck in the tourney!.....

Dawg61
05-27-2014, 02:13 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_income Um, your state is dead LAST in income per capita... there was an article in People magazine years ago that listed Lafayette as 'Boomtown USA'..lol It stated that almost everyone had a private maid and butler and we had landing pads for helicopters at McDonalds ..lol...Anyway.. yeah, lots and lots of oil money here... so, we don't need yours... good luck in the tourney!.....

I can tell with your extra oil money you bought yourself a bunch of extra periods…………right? Care to link that article from People magazine so we can get educated correctly? ...

cajun2bag
05-27-2014, 07:56 AM

At least we have 1 person on here that has a brain.............quit bitching

ScottH
05-27-2014, 07:57 AM

If that's the case, I do wish you and your fellow Ragin Cajun fans would have taken some of your wealth and bought a larger stadium.

Ole Colony
05-27-2014, 08:18 AM
If you guys keep it up don't come you won't get tickets. The fact is we don't have a SEC park but we are number 10 in attendance ahead of Florida and Alabama. We earned the right to host you did not. I have six tickets that won't be going to customers for the first game that will be up for sale. So stop acting like elitist and come down be respectful and you will have a chance at tickets.

ghostofjackie
05-27-2014, 08:32 AM
If you guys keep it up don't come you won't get tickets. The fact is we don't have a SEC park but we are number 10 in attendance ahead of Florida and Alabama. We earned the right to host you did not. I have six tickets that won't be going to customers for the first game that will be up for sale. So stop acting like elitist and come down be respectful and you will have a chance at tickets.

^^ I find this extremely ironic with his screen name and all^^

curmudgeon
05-27-2014, 08:43 AM
Did I just witness an argument where someone from Louisiana taunted Mississippi as a whole for low income?

Ole Colony
05-27-2014, 08:44 AM
My screen name has nothing to do with sports. Ole Colony Rd. is the name of the street my mother lives on. My Toyota Land Cruiser was parked there and that is what my club called me when trying to buy my truck.

Cajuns29
05-27-2014, 09:15 AM
I can tell with your extra oil money you bought yourself a bunch of extra periods…………right? Care to link that article from People magazine so we can get educated correctly? ...

He is correct. 3% unemployment and the oil, gas business is booming, obviously. Lots of $60,000 pick-ups and the girls drive Range Rovers, Mercedes, BMW. I moved here two years ago and there is plenty of $$$ here. The season tickets are mostly controlled by a small bunch with very, very deep pockets.

CajunJuice
05-27-2014, 09:48 AM
I will have 4 tickets to sell for Miss State vs. SDSU on Friday afternoon game. I'll most likely head out to the park and just sell them out there to someone walking up. But if someone is interested in purchasing them from me ahead of time let me know. I'll sell you all non-cajun game tickets.

DawgSaint
05-27-2014, 10:00 AM
Did I just witness an argument where someone from Louisiana taunted Mississippi as a whole for low income?

Guess they figure house boats out rank trailers next.

drunkernhelldawg
05-27-2014, 10:05 AM
Guess they figure house boats out rank trailers next.

Ever try to get away from your wife in a trailer?

M.Fillmore
05-27-2014, 10:12 AM
He is correct. 3% unemployment and the oil, gas business is booming, obviously. Lots of $60,000 pick-ups and the girls drive Range Rovers, Mercedes, BMW. I moved here two years ago and there is plenty of $$$ here. The season tickets are mostly controlled by a small bunch with very, very deep pockets.

We got a new sign at the Waffle House.

blacklistedbully
05-27-2014, 10:37 AM

Yes, your team earned the right to host, and the right to have a home-field advantage, including a decided edge in fans at attendance. However, that does not mean the 3 teams that earned a right to be in a regional should have almost no opportunity to bring a decent amount of their fans as well.

I don't know how we do it in Starkville, but it seems to me just 200 tickets per team is too few. Keep in mind, it's not just the host that earned something by getting to this regional. While I understand the logistical challenge that comes with not knowing in advance when and who each team will play beyond the first 2 games, why not come up with a workable plan that makes it possible to sell weekend tickets to your fans that are tied just to games ULL is in. Give ULL a clear-cut advantage in those games, but perhaps more along the lines of 75% to ULL fans with 25% being offered to whichever team they are playing. You make the tickets valid only to games your team is playing in, regardless of when the games are played. Same goes for all teams. Visiting teams get allotted 25% of the seating for any games their team appears in. For those games that don't involve ULL, take the remaining 50% of tickets and offer them first to the fans of the scheduled teams who have their "25% guaranteed seating", perhaps on a 50-50 basis for the first hour available, then open them up for everybody if any remain unsold. You clear the stadium between games, but with such a small stadium, that isn't that big of a hastle.

That way, visiting team fans can come to your place secure in the knowledge they will have at least a decent chance to get into a game. It also allows for at least a modest amount of visiting team fans to watch any games versus ULL, while still giving ULL a decided advantage in #'s. And, of course, visitors would then also know they'd likely be able to catch a game that does not include ULL without having to hope ULL fans will sell their tickets when it's time.

blacklistedbully
05-27-2014, 10:40 AM
Also, is there not some practical, safe place & way to put in some temporary seating?

ScoobaDawg
05-27-2014, 10:48 AM
Also, is there not some practical, safe place & way to put in some temporary seating?

Obviously you haven't looked at the pictures of their stadium.

No there is not.
Guys we are spoiled with our home stadium and being sent to larger regionals in the past. ULL earned their ability to host and the NCAA decided to send us there instead of Miami or FSU.
It is what it is. Best case scenario ULL loses and the tickets come open for any fans who make the trip.

Ole Colony
05-27-2014, 10:54 AM
The 200 is NCAA rule not ours. You can blame coach Hud for the lack of seats. The park was supposed to be remodel last summer. The football stadium is getting the work now and baseball became phrase two. The only standing room is between the patio boxes which run along the brick walls and the bullpens.

ScoobaDawg
05-27-2014, 11:00 AM
The 200 is NCAA rule not ours. You can blame coach Hud for the lack of seats. The park was supposed to be remodel last summer. The football stadium is getting the work now and baseball became phrase two. The only standing room is between the patio boxes which run along the brick walls and the bullpens.

I was just looking at that... the plans on p.36 of this link (http://www.ragincajuns.com/custompages/PDF/UL_Masterplan_Final.pdf) show 13,300 seats when the expansion/redesign is done. Nice. Too bad y'all don't have that for this weekend.

Actually that makes no sense. No way you are building 13,300 seats including bleachers.

blacklistedbully
05-27-2014, 11:05 AM
Obviously you haven't looked at the pictures of their stadium.

No there is not.
Guys we are spoiled with our home stadium and being sent to larger regionals in the past. ULL earned their ability to host and the NCAA decided to send us there instead of Miami or FSU.
It is what it is. Best case scenario ULL loses and the tickets come open for any fans who make the trip.

From Google Satellite photos, I wonder if it would be possible to slightly modify the bullpens on each side to accommodate additional temporary bleacher seating. Right now, it looks like the home team has 4 mounds, and the visitor 1. Wouldn't 2 be enough on the one side, allowing for bleachers there? And on the other, it looks like the mound could be moved back several yards.

Just a thought, but if they'd done their homework in advance with regard to safety regulations, etc, it might have been a way to add several hundred additional seats.

ScoobaDawg
05-27-2014, 11:24 AM
From Google Satellite photos, I wonder if it would be possible to slightly modify the bullpens on each side to accommodate additional temporary bleacher seating. Right now, it looks like the home team has 4 mounds, and the visitor 1. Wouldn't 2 be enough on the one side, allowing for bleachers there? And on the other, it looks like the mound could be moved back several yards.

Just a thought, but if they'd done their homework in advance with regard to safety regulations, etc, it might have been a way to add several hundred additional seats.

You want them to build temporary bleachers for a Hundred people... in their bullpen...

Please stop...

Cajuns29
05-27-2014, 11:28 AM

Spend $10,000-$20,000 renting, erecting and dismantling 100 seats, crowd our bullpen to sell $7500 in tickets?

I have two box seats. I might put the non-UL games on eBay later when I pick'em up and post a link here, if anyone is interested.

blacklistedbully
05-27-2014, 11:31 AM
You want them to build temporary bleachers for a Hundred people... in their bullpen...

Please stop...

Please read. I said "several hundred people". Your argument has zero credibility if you;re going to base it on misquotes or twisted words. Of course it would be ridiculous to consider temp bleachers for 100 fans. Of course it would not be ridiculous to look into it if it meant adding several hundred. In a 3700-seat stadium, 700-900 additional seats would be significant.

HailHud
05-27-2014, 11:32 AM
I was just looking at that... the plans on p.36 of this link (http://www.ragincajuns.com/custompages/PDF/UL_Masterplan_Final.pdf) show 13,300 seats when the expansion/redesign is done. Nice. Too bad y'all don't have that for this weekend.

Actually that makes no sense. No way you are building 13,300 seats including bleachers.

I think the 13,300 is square footage for the seating area, not capacity. Looks weird on paper, but that's what the other numbers on that list show. No way we could get close to that with the current plans. They are basically planning to replace the grandstand section only to tie in with the ~10 year old side bleachers

blacklistedbully
05-27-2014, 11:33 AM
Spend $10,000-$20,000 renting, erecting and dismantling 100 seats, crowd our bullpen to sell $7500 in tickets?

As I said in response to Scooba, it's "several hundred", not 100. As far as the expense goes, I think there should also be some consideration beyond nmoney by ULL that it might be a good thing to do all you can to accommodate as many fans as possible. Future hosting opportunities might be at play.

HailHud
05-27-2014, 11:37 AM
As I said in response to Scooba, it's "several hundred", not 100. As far as the expense goes, I think there should also be some consideration beyond nmoney by ULL that it might be a good thing to do all you can to accommodate as many fans as possible. Future hosting opportunities might be at play.

There is a master plan in place to upgrade most of our athletic facilities that has just begun. The baseball stadium upgrades are much needed and way overdue
http://www.ragincajuns.com/custompages/PDF/UL_Masterplan_Final.pdf

Ole Colony
05-27-2014, 11:39 AM
Seating capacity doesn't have any weight in selections. Press box and lights do.

drunkernhelldawg
05-27-2014, 11:41 AM
I bet most people who show up end up getting in the games they want to see. I hate that ULL fans see our fans as putting them down in this thread. We shouldn't be doing that. We respect their accomplishment this season, which we're getting ready to end for them. I also hear they have some interesting entertainment options n the community, so could be okay even if you can't get in the game.

I'm very impressed by their following. Reminds me of us in the old days. Just like us, they're Making Baseball Matter.

blacklistedbully
05-27-2014, 11:42 AM
Seating capacity doesn't have any weight in selections. Press box and lights do.

I wouldn't be so sure. If it comes down to a close call between 2 qualified, deserving teams, seating capacity may well play a key role.

Cajuns29
05-27-2014, 11:42 AM

There are several teams hosting with less capacity than us. There are obviously no hosting opportunities at play. Our park will be expanded permanently when we do it.

TheRef
05-27-2014, 11:43 AM
I've been to Lafayette for work a couple of times. It's a beautiful place and they have some of the best true Cajun food that you can think of. It's definitely enjoyable to visit and see that things are how they should be. I wish I could head down to Lafayette, but I can't.

blacklistedbully
05-27-2014, 11:52 AM
There are several teams hosting with less capacity than us. There are obviously no hosting opportunities at play. Our park will be expanded permanently when we do it.

You are making a large assumption, and that is that those smaller parks weren't clearly more deserving of a host spot. Since the decisions are made by a committee, and the votes can be influenced by any number of prejudices or personal factors, it is entirely possible that, in a close call, a smaller stadium could lose out to a larger stadium if capacity becomes the only real difference between the teams in question.

And there are more hosting sites that have more capacity than you. See how that works?

Ole Colony
05-27-2014, 11:54 AM
Some of the post sound too much like what we hear from LSU fans. You may not get into a game against us but you will have a good time tailgating we us.

ScoobaDawg
05-27-2014, 12:06 PM
Please read. I said "several hundred people". Your argument has zero credibility if you;re going to base it on misquotes or twisted words. Of course it would be ridiculous to consider temp bleachers for 100 fans. Of course it would not be ridiculous to look into it if it meant adding several hundred. In a 3700-seat stadium, 700-900 additional seats would be significant.

Oh I read it. You aren't going to get several hundred in that area unless you tell them oh you can't have a bullpen at all and fill it in completely with bleachers.
Furthermore I'm not sure why I'm responding again. That is one of the stupidest ideas I've ever read and no way anyone would ever do it. It isolates the pitchers from the stadium and changes their work area. No way in hell anyone would ever do that.

They won't be adding any more seating likely. They sent the 200 per visiting team per NCAA rules and thats gonna be it.
We should of won more. Simple.

RougeDawg
05-27-2014, 12:07 PM
We should be bombarding the inboxes of our admin and the ****ing brain dead NCAA. They cld have easily placed us in a regional to accommodate some of the best traveling baseball fans in the Western Hemisphere, yet they stick us at a large high school stadium. They could have easily put a lesser traveling fan base team in ULL or given is a 3 see somewhere. Really no difference in a 2-3 seed in these regionals. No real advantage to either, except potential to host next weekend, based on other regional, but how many times does that happen? Last one I remember is us hosting Clemson in Supers.

Let's not fault ULL for their facilities. We should focus the attention to those who allowed it to happen.

ScoobaDawg
05-27-2014, 12:08 PM
I bet most people who show up end up getting in the games they want to see. I hate that ULL fans see our fans as putting them down in this thread. We shouldn't be doing that. We respect their accomplishment this season, which we're getting ready to end for them. I also hear they have some interesting entertainment options n the community, so could be okay even if you can't get in the game.

I'm very impressed by their following. Reminds me of us in the old days. Just like us, they're Making Baseball Matter.

Exactly.. They are doing good things down there.

ScoobaDawg
05-27-2014, 12:10 PM
We should be bombarding the inboxes of our admin and the ****ing brain dead NCAA. They cld have easily placed us in a regional to accommodate some of the best traveling baseball fans in the Western Hemisphere, yet they stick us at a large high school stadium. They could have easily put a lesser traveling fan base team in ULL or given is a 3 see somewhere. Really no difference in a 2-3 seed in these regionals. No real advantage to either, except potential to host next weekend, based on other regional, but how many times does that happen? Last one I remember is us hosting Clemson in Supers.

Let's not fault ULL for their facilities. We should focus the attention to those who allowed it to happen.

Go send your angry emails to Scott and the NCAA members...
It's SIMPLE.

W-E
S-H-O-U-L-D
H-A-V-E
W-O-N
M-O-R-E
G-A-M-E-S

Dawg61
05-27-2014, 12:15 PM
Some of the post sound too much like what we hear from LSU fans. You may not get into a game against us but you will have a good time tailgating we us.

What do you expect? This is a MSU site not a ULL one. You came here, we didn't come to your site. MSU travels extremely well for college baseball. Did you not watch the National Championship series last year? We filled the entire stadium at Omaha in maroon. Over 20,000 MSU fans per game. Our fanbase is excited to try and get back and for y'all to only give us 200 tickets when we could easily fill the 3,700 stadium all by ourselves is a slap in the face. 200 tickets?! What the fuk is that. Couldn't let's us have 500? 200. What a joke. Cut down your pine trees and let us sit out there. Y'all can plant them back after the regional. It ain't no thing for y'all. You're oil money rich.

Dawg61
05-27-2014, 12:19 PM
Go send your angry emails to Scott and the NCAA members...
It's SIMPLE.

W-E
S-H-O-U-L-D
H-A-V-E
W-O-N
M-O-R-E
G-A-M-E-S

Hello ULL cheerleader what have you done with Scooba?

drunkernhelldawg
05-27-2014, 12:27 PM

I would never participate in something like this. They don't make the icon a trash bucket for nothing.

Ole Colony
05-27-2014, 12:30 PM
The joke is fans like you who think we should give more tickets than the NCAA requires. We have to give outs 600 tickets which puts our fan base with less than what we averaged this year.

Dawg61
05-27-2014, 12:42 PM
The joke is fans like you who think we should give more tickets than the NCAA requires. We have to give outs 600 tickets which puts our fan base with less than what we averaged this year.

How many Cajun fans are going to be watching the opening game of MSU vs SDSU? It sure as shit isn't going to be 3400 of y'all. See where this is stupid bro? We can't get tickets and y'all's stadium is going to be halfway empty for the first game. Thanks Ragin Cajuns. It won't be forgotten.

RougeDawg
05-27-2014, 12:43 PM
I would never participate in something like this. They don't make the icon a trash bucket for nothing.

I'm assuming you haven't voiced your displeasure to Strick about things in the past. He does read them and respond if you are civil in your concerns and complaints. Our admin and the SEV could have influenced this, but as we know the SEC always go to bat for us. Why wouldn't a phone call from Strick to selection committee help us if he reminds them we will bring 4-8k fans to a regional, based on the location. I could easily see us bringing 6k fans if the regional was played at zephyr park. Why would the NCAA want to limit the amount of fans that could watch their teams play in post season, along with make a ton more money? 3700 booklets at $55 is $204k. 10000 booklets is $550k.

cajunrage
05-27-2014, 12:48 PM
This all has to do with dollars and cents. I would assume that a lot of you are in management roles in your respective careers. The NCAA requires that we set aside 200 per school which has been done. After that, through season ticket holders and RCAF members, UL can guarantee that every ticket is sold for the entire weekend before the weekend even starts. Ticket sales is now an afterthought and we can concentrate on handling the gameday experience and the team winning a regional. A) 600 tickets will not be sold because JSU and SDSU will not buy them all. B) Weather does not look pretty for the weekend so walk-up sales could falter. There is no guarantee who will play so selling tournament passes to customers is the best business decision. And we host, we get the perks. Deal with it.

blacklistedbully
05-27-2014, 12:48 PM
Oh I read it. You aren't going to get several hundred in that area unless you tell them oh you can't have a bullpen at all and fill it in completely with bleachers.
Furthermore I'm not sure why I'm responding again. That is one of the stupidest ideas I've ever read and no way anyone would ever do it. It isolates the pitchers from the stadium and changes their work area. No way in hell anyone would ever do that.

They won't be adding any more seating likely. They sent the 200 per visiting team per NCAA rules and thats gonna be it.
We should of won more. Simple.

Of course they're not going to do anything now. It's too late. If you actually did, "read it", then why would you totally discredit your response by connecting it to a lie? You made a point of claiming it wasn't worth the effort for "100 seats". Now that is a truly "stupid idea", and belies a weak argument. Misquoting another in an effort to bolster your flawed argument is pathetic. And yet you attempt it again by now tying your argument to, "they'd have to have no bullpen at all".

I am no engineer, so can't offer an informed opinion of how many seats could be added with temp bleachers in the space suggested, but I do not need to be to wonder and suggest if it might have been possible. Our argument isn't so much whether it could or should be done, but rather your tactic of misquoting me in order to support your POV. That's just weak.

Cajuns29
05-27-2014, 12:50 PM
You are making a large assumption, and that is that those smaller parks weren't clearly more deserving of a host spot. Since the decisions are made by a committee, and the votes can be influenced by any number of prejudices or personal factors, it is entirely possible that, in a close call, a smaller stadium could lose out to a larger stadium if capacity becomes the only real difference between the teams in question.

And there are more hosting sites that have more capacity than you. See how that works?

I have no idea and don't care because I have tickets. Why don't you do some homework and get back to us. UCLA hosts multiple regionals with 1,800 seats.

blacklistedbully
05-27-2014, 12:52 PM
I have no idea and don't care because I have tickets. Why don't you do some homework and get back to us. UCLA hosts multiple regionals with 1,800 seats.

WTF are you talking about??

Dawg61
05-27-2014, 01:09 PM
This all has to do with dollars and cents. I would assume that a lot of you are in management roles in your respective careers. The NCAA requires that we set aside 200 per school which has been done. After that, through season ticket holders and RCAF members, UL can guarantee that every ticket is sold for the entire weekend before the weekend even starts. Ticket sales is now an afterthought and we can concentrate on handling the gameday experience and the team winning a regional. A) 600 tickets will not be sold because JSU and SDSU will not buy them all. B) Weather does not look pretty for the weekend so walk-up sales could falter. There is no guarantee who will play so selling tournament passes to customers is the best business decision. And we host, we get the perks. Deal with it.

The easy way is rarely the right way. Y'all just went easy and sold all the tickets to yourself.

cajunrage
05-27-2014, 01:22 PM
The easy way is rarely the right way. Y'all just went easy and sold all the tickets to yourself.

Is it not the right way because you don't agree with it? We have revenue for every ticket that can be sold in our stadium this weekend. I would say it's the smart way. We don't know when SDSU and JSU will be playing but we've made sure we made money on those games. Didn't know it was our admin's responsibility to keep non-UL fans happy...

Jack Lambert
05-27-2014, 01:32 PM
I agree shotgun. I guess they earned the right for home field advantage and they are taking that to heart

am sure the local restaurants and hotels are happy to hear this.

drunkernhelldawg
05-27-2014, 01:33 PM
I'm assuming you haven't voiced your displeasure to Strick about things in the past. He does read them and respond if you are civil in your concerns and complaints. Our admin and the SEV could have influenced this, but as we know the SEC always go to bat for us. Why wouldn't a phone call from Strick to selection committee help us if he reminds them we will bring 4-8k fans to a regional, based on the location. I could easily see us bringing 6k fans if the regional was played at zephyr park. Why would the NCAA want to limit the amount of fans that could watch their teams play in post season, along with make a ton more money? 3700 booklets at $55 is $204k. 10000 booklets is $550k.

I hope we take that many to the regional. Seems high to me though. And I'm not against voicing displeasure to whoever; I'm just skeptical of the weight of these organized complaint campaigns, and I never join them.

Dawg61
05-27-2014, 01:33 PM
Is it not the right way because you don't agree with it? We have revenue for every ticket that can be sold in our stadium this weekend. I would say it's the smart way. We don't know when SDSU and JSU will be playing but we've made sure we made money on those games. Didn't know it was our admin's responsibility to keep non-UL fans happy...

It's pretty obvious MSU needs more than 200 per game. Keep ignoring that and I'll keep remembering it. Remember that y'all are the HOSTS here.

BirdofParadise
05-27-2014, 01:34 PM
[I don't want in insult anyone, but some of you complaining the most simply don't know how this works.

1. The Cajuns got the regional on merit. Bids, seating capacity and the such may have meant something 20 years ago. Go look at the last ten years or so. If you earn it, you get it.

2. You may not know this but it is NOT the first time we've hosted an NCAA regional..

3. Our ballpark has a couple of issues. Seating capacity isn't one of them. We need to have a more media friendly facility and our lights need upgrading (we're bringing in some portable lighting for this weekend.

4. Selling ticket booklets is done....let's see....EVERYWHERE in the country. Because of the left field lounge, Mississippi State has almost an unlimited capacity. And, therefore, individual tickets are usually available. But you know what? We played in a regional at LSU last year. You know how many tickets we got? 200. And, they were all sold out via tournament booklets, just as we will be. And, they seat 11,000.

5. As has been said many times, the only way you will have an issue with tickets is if you're playing Louisiana. Even then, you'll find folks with some extras who will be willing to sell them...or maybe even give them away.

6. Don't think for a second this is a money making situation. After the NCAA lets' you take some money off the top for SOME (not all) expenses, they then take 80%. This will basically be a break even weekend, even with a sellout. We might make a few coins, but not much.

All those things having been said, you'll be treated well if you come down. Our fans are great, just as they are at Mississippi State (my wifes family is from Sturgis. Her dad had a PhD from MSU. He was a huge baseball fan and longtime season ticket holder at Dudy Noble. He also became a Cajuns fan and made many trips to Lafayette. I wish he were still here for this weekend. He'd be so tickled.)

And, one other thing. Regardless of what you think about our team or our league...I'm here to tell you...we're pretty darned good.

Jack Lambert
05-27-2014, 01:42 PM
At least we have 1 person on here that has a brain.............quit bitching

do you guys have a message board?

cajunrage
05-27-2014, 01:44 PM
It's pretty obvious MSU needs more than 200 per game. Keep ignoring that and I'll keep remembering it. Remember that y'all are the HOSTS here.

And we are hosting our fanbase first. Get that through your damn head. We aren't asking you over for dinner. We've supported our team all year and they rewarded us with a #1 ranking and #6 national seed. Just like some of your fans would do anything to get tickets, buying tournament packets guarantees that our fanbase gets our tickets. That's what we are doing. Ask your coach why you aren't hosting and are in this situation to begin with. Quit complaining about things that happen everywhere in the country.

And I'll clarify my dollars and cents angle because BoP is right. We aren't taking money to the bank. We are making sure we don't lose money on this weekend. We most probably need every ticket sold in order to break even after the NCAA takes its cut.

I seen it dawg
05-27-2014, 01:46 PM

This explanation should be pinned in some of your brains. Best succinct explanation. Get over the ticket issue. Want to see us play live? Hope like hell we play like we can and we will roll this regional and end up in Oxford...who will absolutely do the same thing as ULL and allot us the very minimum the NCAA requires...just like we do when we host. As host screw the other schools, it's not about making damn friends with the other universities it's about advancing and using every advantage earned to do so.

Dawg61
05-27-2014, 01:47 PM
Nm

I seen it dawg
05-27-2014, 01:48 PM

It's an NCAA rule. They complied with it. Just like we do when we host.

blacklistedbully
05-27-2014, 01:53 PM
If we limit opposing teams to 200 tickets when we host, then we have no legit reason to gripe.

ScoobaDawg
05-27-2014, 01:54 PM
What do you expect? This is a MSU site not a ULL one. You came here, we didn't come to your site. MSU travels extremely well for college baseball. Did you not watch the National Championship series last year? We filled the entire stadium at Omaha in maroon. Over 20,000 MSU fans per game. Our fanbase is excited to try and get back and for y'all to only give us 200 tickets when we could easily fill the 3,700 stadium all by ourselves is a slap in the face. 200 tickets?! What the fuk is that. Couldn't let's us have 500? 200. What a joke. Cut down your pine trees and let us sit out there. Y'all can plant them back after the regional. It ain't no thing for y'all. You're oil money rich.

Dear God.

SHUT the hell up.
There season ticket fans earned the rights to those seats by paying for them for this year and thus the right to buy them first.
You are sounding like an entitled little B*tch who didn't get their way. So you want them to give us 300 tickets more than the NCAA rules state that they can sell to SEASON TICKET holders who buy tickets for the whole season and likely other prior seasons just so we can come watch a couple games? You want them to let more of our fans in to root for State, instead of more of their own passionate fans ?

Do you really not understand HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE in a Regional?

Jack Lambert
05-27-2014, 01:56 PM
How many Cajun fans are going to be watching the opening game of MSU vs SDSU? It sure as shit isn't going to be 3400 of y'all. See where this is stupid bro? We can't get tickets and y'all's stadium is going to be halfway empty for the first game. Thanks Ragin Cajuns. It won't be forgotten.

I think there will be many at the game.

I seen it dawg
05-27-2014, 01:58 PM
Nobody has reason to gripe if they aren't hosting. If we host our fans should be livid if we give 1 ticket more than the NCAA minimum..ever, for any reason. It's stupid to earn a host site then just give extra tickets away when you don't have to. Why is it so hard for some to understand?

Ole Colony
05-27-2014, 02:04 PM
I will be there. More than half the fan base will be taking off work and tail gating. Like the bird man said you will be able to get tickets for the first game. I have at least 7 to give away or sell. After the two and done you can buy those tickets from the losing fans.

quickstrike2
05-27-2014, 02:07 PM
I can't see where they did anything that any other school would not do. The situation is, MSU travels well and ULL is close enough that a solid amount of people is going to want to go. I would think for the games ULL is not playing in, tickets would be fairly easy to come buy around the stadium. If we get to play well and face off with ULL, then obviously there's a slim chance of getting in. That's not their fault, it just is what it is. We have been lucky to have games at State and schools like us with large amounts of seating in the past.

ScoobaDawg
05-27-2014, 02:13 PM
Of course they're not going to do anything now. It's too late. If you actually did, "read it", then why would you totally discredit your response by connecting it to a lie? You made a point of claiming it wasn't worth the effort for "100 seats". Now that is a truly "stupid idea", and belies a weak argument. Misquoting another in an effort to bolster your flawed argument is pathetic. And yet you attempt it again by now tying your argument to, "they'd have to have no bullpen at all".

I am no engineer, so can't offer an informed opinion of how many seats could be added with temp bleachers in the space suggested, but I do not need to be to wonder and suggest if it might have been possible. Our argument isn't so much whether it could or should be done, but rather your tactic of misquoting me in order to support your POV. That's just weak.

I changed your quote from hundreds to hundred because you CAN'T GET THAT MANY SEATS IN THERE ANYWAYS. Not taken out of context. Doesn't matter.
Not happening. Never would of. Stupid idea.

Dawgbite
05-27-2014, 02:16 PM
Why are we still talking about this? I almost miss Crootin season! Almost!

dickiedawg
05-27-2014, 02:18 PM
ULL has done nothing wrong. At first I was upset, because I was (still am) planning to go and don't know if I'll be able to see every game. But they did a pre-sale as soon as it looked like they'd host a regional, and they apparently just about sold out.
The only thing they possibly could have done differently that makes any sense is making the GA/bleacher seats available on Ticketmaster, first come/first served. But the way they did it, they sold all their tickets and insured the best home field advantage possible. I don't have a problem with it.
The fact of the matter is this matchup would probably sell 8,000 books or more if the venue allowed. I imagine you'll have ULL fans tailgating outside the stadium for the simple fact that they can't get tickets either. So let's drop the whining, woe-is-us thing and quit acting like we're being victimized.

ScoobaDawg
05-27-2014, 02:19 PM
[I don't want in insult anyone, but some of you complaining the most simply don't know how this works.

1. The Cajuns got the regional on merit. Bids, seating capacity and the such may have meant something 20 years ago. Go look at the last ten years or so. If you earn it, you get it.

2. You may not know this but it is NOT the first time we've hosted an NCAA regional..

3. Our ballpark has a couple of issues. Seating capacity isn't one of them. We need to have a more media friendly facility and our lights need upgrading (we're bringing in some portable lighting for this weekend.

4. Selling ticket booklets is done....let's see....EVERYWHERE in the country. Because of the left field lounge, Mississippi State has almost an unlimited capacity. And, therefore, individual tickets are usually available. But you know what? We played in a regional at LSU last year. You know how many tickets we got? 200. And, they were all sold out via tournament booklets, just as we will be. And, they seat 11,000.

5. As has been said many times, the only way you will have an issue with tickets is if you're playing Louisiana. Even then, you'll find folks with some extras who will be willing to sell them...or maybe even give them away.

6. Don't think for a second this is a money making situation. After the NCAA lets' you take some money off the top for SOME (not all) expenses, they then take 80%. This will basically be a break even weekend, even with a sellout. We might make a few coins, but not much.

All those things having been said, you'll be treated well if you come down. Our fans are great, just as they are at Mississippi State (my wifes family is from Sturgis. Her dad had a PhD from MSU. He was a huge baseball fan and longtime season ticket holder at Dudy Noble. He also became a Cajuns fan and made many trips to Lafayette. I wish he were still here for this weekend. He'd be so tickled.)

And, one other thing. Regardless of what you think about our team or our league...I'm here to tell you...we're pretty darned good.

Great post. Everything he said is true. Some people just cant accept the facts and want to walk around with their Entitled hand in the air saying GIMME WHAT I WANT.

Dawg61
05-27-2014, 02:28 PM
Great post. Everything he said is true. Some people just cant accept the facts and want to walk around with their Entitled hand in the air saying GIMME WHAT I WANT.

Look I'll bow out of this convo since I now have two mods eye hawking my posts looking to ban. I'll say this though. In my experience playing nice and keeping quiet never ever gets you what you want and standing up and bitching gets you what you want way more often. I simply want more MSU representation in the NCAA tournament we just qualified for. I'll concede that ULL gets 90% of the crowd if and when we play them. I just want to see Maroon & White vs SDSU and JSU. That's all.

ScoobaDawg
05-27-2014, 02:33 PM
Look I'll bow out of this convo since I now have two mods eye hawking my posts looking to ban. I'll say this though. In my experience playing nice and keeping quiet never ever gets you what you want and standing up and bitching gets you what you want way more often. I simply want more MSU representation in the NCAA tournament we just qualified for. I'll concede that ULL gets 90% of the crowd if and when we play them. I just want to see Maroon & White vs SDSU and JSU. That's all.

Then we need to show up on the streets and buy their tickets before/after their first round game. Sure a bunch won't stay for our game.
If you want to blame anyone for that. Blame the NCAA for selling tickets as books instead of individual game tickets (where ULL could choose not to buy our games ticket).

ULL is doing nothing wrong and nothing different than we would.

Go State and Let's win this damn regional and take over the town.

I'll also note.. if you have a problem with MSU not being vocal enough, well I can agree with you there. But that comes down to our AD.

I also noticed we just turned that god awful hail state baseball jersey into a tshirt they are advertising. Speaking of things that need to be vocalized.

Esmerelda Villalobos
05-27-2014, 02:34 PM

In your experience? How old are you? I hope 13. Honey catches more flies than vinegar.

You are simply wrong on the points you are trying to make. This isnt complicated or hard to understand.

I seen it dawg
05-27-2014, 02:42 PM

I'm not looking to ban you just quit being a ****ing idiot and raging on the visitors when they are trying to be helpful in getting tickets. We have had ULL people on here volunteering non ULL game tickets numerous times and you continue to rip them. Damn dude.

Cajuns29
05-27-2014, 02:54 PM
Tickets are not a new issue at UL. Baseball has been a tough ticket since last fall. I went in to renew my tickets and there were only three seats in the grandstand stand left, out of 2,000+.

We averaged nearly a sellout on the weekends all year. Our fans were scrambling all year for seats. Now we have players needing extra tickets, room for media, scouts, etc.

The school knows they need to expand the park, but that was put on hold to blow out the football stadium on the back of Hud's success.

cajuns25
05-27-2014, 02:55 PM

Then do your part and come. I just sold 17 tickets (all together) in Section A and 6 tickets (all together) in Box 20 seats. All gobbled up over the phone for $10.00 each. The guy was extremely thankful and was excited about coming. He said he'd take it one game at a time and I'll continue helping him get tickets this weekend. Quit griping and come to Lafayette. As I stated in previous posts...there will be plenty of tickets available. THIS IS HOW EVERY REGIONAL IS HANDLED.

Esmerelda Villalobos
05-27-2014, 02:58 PM
Id highly recommend lafayette. Some of the best food and most beautiful women you will ever see.

blacklistedbully
05-27-2014, 03:42 PM
Yep, the more I think about this with an open mind, the more I realize they (UL) owe us nothing more than the NCAA allows for. Even if they were able to expand the seating temporarily, those seats should go first to their fans.

Win the host spot, reap the benefits. It really is that simple.

Ragin4U
05-27-2014, 04:23 PM
Again, I promise you will have a great experience. You will be fed, offered drinks and welcomed. I can promise you it WILL NOT be a LSU- Tiger Bait experience. UL fans overall are good people and our baseball fans might be better than that. Lots to do in town as well.
Safe travels and good luck to yall.

Yep, the more I think about this with an open mind, the more I realize they (UL) owe us nothing more than the NCAA allows for. Even if they were able to expand the seating temporarily, those seats should go first to their fans.

Win the host spot, reap the benefits. It really is that simple.

Ragin4U
05-27-2014, 07:34 PM
UL Ragin' Cajuns @ULRaginCajuns ? 9m
Game officials will make the determination on how many GA tickets can be sold 10 minutes before the first pitch of each non-Louisiana game.

GeauxUL
05-27-2014, 07:34 PM
All is well:

Based on availability, there will be $10 general admission tickets sold for non-Louisiana games during the Lafayette Regional. Game officials will make the determination on how many GA tickets can be sold 10 minutes before first pitch of each non-Louisiana game.
- per Ragin' Cajuns Athletics on Facebook

I promise we are a nice fun bunch here in Lafayette so make your way down.

I seen it dawg
05-27-2014, 07:46 PM
All is well:

Based on availability, there will be $10 general admission tickets sold for non-Louisiana games during the Lafayette Regional. Game officials will make the determination on how many GA tickets can be sold 10 minutes before first pitch of each non-Louisiana game.

Thanks for coming on here and providing the info, you didn't have to. Hopefully it helps some of our fans out.

Dawg61
05-27-2014, 07:54 PM
All is well:

Appreciate the info. Get ready for the Maroon army. We comin

GeauxUL
05-27-2014, 08:13 PM
Here is a link to a discussion with one of your fans on places to eat/things to do. As you will be able to tell we do like our food.

http://www.raginpagin.com/louisiana/showthread.php?198388-First-time-visitor-to-Lafayette

Cajuns29
05-27-2014, 08:21 PM
Here is a link to a discussion with one of your fans on places to eat/things to do. As you will be able to tell we do like our food.

http://www.raginpagin.com/louisiana/showthread.php?198388-First-time-visitor-to-Lafayette

We have literally dozens of great restaurants. Business is good and they are usually packed even without the Maroon Army. Be patient. Bring lots of money. Have a great time. If you try any of the top 50, actually 60 on this list you won't go wrong.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/RestaurantSearch?geo=40261&q=Lafayette%2C+Louisiana&cat=&pid=

sandjunky
05-27-2014, 09:20 PM
Olde Tyme Grocery

Pioneer Dawg
05-27-2014, 09:49 PM
The old adage, "Anything is for sale at the right price" has to be in play here....

What is the realistic market for a MSU-ULL game

HailHud
05-28-2014, 11:34 PM
WOAH!!! That changes EVERYTHING!!! How much for us to rent out this guy's house for the weekend and turn his backyard into the "Bulldawg Army of Tailgating Tents And Other Awesome Stuff"? For $10,000 this guy will let us tear up his shit right? I get master bedroom fukers for having the idea. What's the local hot tub supplier's name and #?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t1.0-9/10394503_10152244829363392_6271826998479698816_n.j pg

Here's an overview of the parking/ tailgating areas for this weekend. Unfortunately, the annual trashy fair is being held now, so parking will be more limited than normal. As long as you enter through gates 1 & 2, you won't have to pay to park

The best areas to tailgate should be the grassy areas between the 2 rv parking areas. Anywhere else you can find should be fair game. For football (larger crowd) tailgating spots are sold and restricted, but baseball for the most part is available

Pioneer Dawg
05-28-2014, 11:38 PM
1. Can we bring our funnel cakes into the stadium via the fair?*

2. Has anyone ever stood on something (say, a cooler) in the OF and looked over the fence, how is this looked upon? What if said person were to pay for a GA ticket. ULL should take advantage of this free MS money.

Dawg61
05-28-2014, 11:41 PM
Lmao at the fair being held this weekend. We all got a fair and we all trash on the fair and yet the fair keeps keeping on. This is Merica

HailHud
05-28-2014, 11:43 PM
1. Can we bring our funnel cakes into the stadium via the fair?*

2. Has anyone ever stood on something (say, a cooler) in the OF and looked over the fence, how is this looked upon? What if said person were to pay for a GA ticket. ULL should take advantage of this free MS money.
1. Typically outside food cannot be brought in. It really sucks that this is an NCAA run event and we can't sell beer like normal.

2. I've never seen anyone do that, but it may be worth a shot. In the past, there have been people sitting on rooftops of the houses backing up to stadium (think wrigleyville), but haven't seen that for a while. Not sure if school shut that down or what

HailHud
05-28-2014, 11:45 PM
Lmao at the fair being held this weekend. We all got a fair and we all trash on the fair and yet the fair keeps keeping on. This is Merica

I live pretty near by and it definitely brings in a trashy crowd, so please don't think that crowd represents out typical population. Lol

Pioneer Dawg
05-28-2014, 11:47 PM
I live pretty near by and it definitely brings in a trashy crowd, so please don't think that crowd represents out typical population. Lol

And the excuses begin.

But yes if they were any the wiser they would sell OF pine tree level tickets and make an extra 25,000$ on the weekend if not more.

HailHud
05-28-2014, 11:58 PM
And the excuses begin.

But yes if they were any the wiser they would sell OF pine tree level tickets and make an extra 25,000$ on the weekend if not more.

Don't say I didnt warn you. Lol

If you're trying the over the fence view, the side most near the track would be the most open although I can't guarantee that it will work.
For game 1, you shouldn't have any problems getting in the stadium. After that, it may be a crap shoot

Pioneer Dawg
05-29-2014, 12:07 AM
What would the view of the field look like from the track seats. And how much of the field can be seen from the top row of the football stadium.

Important questions that need answering

HailHud
05-29-2014, 06:54 AM
What would the view of the field look like from the track seats. And how much of the field can be seen from the top row of the football stadium.

Important questions that need answering

Track seats- maybe
Football - probably not much at all; maybe part of the outfield

ragincajun
05-29-2014, 07:34 AM
I have 4 chiar backs available for game 1. They are split up 2 in one area, 2 in another. PM me for details if interested.

Bamboo
05-29-2014, 09:13 AM
How thick are the pine trees in the outfield and to the hunters, how many climbers can you shimmy up one tree?

CajunHud
05-29-2014, 10:30 AM
Good morning MSU fans. I have three tickets that I would like to sell for game one if anyone is interested. I'm also on call this weekend so may not be able to make it to many of the games and would be willing to sell those tickets as the weekend progresses. Please inbox me if you are interested. Enjoy your time in our great town and have a safe trip. thank you!!

Cajuns99
05-29-2014, 11:46 AM
Good morning MSU fans. I have three tickets that I would like to sell for game one if anyone is interested. I'm also on call this weekend so may not be able to make it to many of the games and would be willing to sell those tickets as the weekend progresses. Please inbox me if you are interested. Enjoy your time in our great town and have a safe trip. thank you!!

I also have 9 box tickets on first base side for sale...10$ each, 6 in one box and 3 in the box next to it if anyone is interested. Message me or call 337-519-5285

Msragincajun
05-29-2014, 04:38 PM
I have several tickets for sale to all non-ul games. If interested email alexhebert42@yahoo.com!

leeman
05-29-2014, 06:03 PM
Heads up: Checkpoint in Lafayette for impaired drivers... No location given. Be safe.

leeman
05-29-2014, 06:26 PM
sorry, Friday night....

JDog13
05-29-2014, 09:06 PM
I think it's cool these guys are coming on here and offering ways to attend. Much appreciated.

ragincajun1997
05-29-2014, 10:47 PM
I have two for sale to non UL games. Email jcstewartmobi @ gmail.com.

CajunJuice
05-29-2014, 11:39 PM
I have 3 ticket for the MSU/SDSU game available for sale. I was planning on just heading to the ballpark on my lunch break and selling the tickets to anyone in need before the game. But if someone wants to take them off my hands now, feel free to message me here.