PDA

View Full Version : Everything I'm seeing in projections and twittersphere says...

CadaverDawg
05-25-2014, 10:22 PM
we're headed to Louisiana Lafayette, and we'll be paired with the Oxford Regional.

Personally, I'm completely cool with that. ULL doesn't scare me, and OM would shit their pants if MSU came to town to ruin their chances for Omaha. Trust me, Bianco feels fortunate to have split with us this year...he wants no part of a rematch with Omaha on the line.

Thoughts?

(How completely perfect would it be if OM lost to their 2 seed, and we hosted a Super while they sat at home?)

shoeless joe
05-25-2014, 10:26 PM
If that pairing does occur then one of us wouldn't make it to the supers...would be too perfect to actually happen. However, if it did happen I do think all the pressure would be on ole miss.

And if in some strange case they did beat us would the then run to vaught and tear down the goal posts?

DawgSaint
05-25-2014, 10:29 PM
Can you imagine the demand for tickets??? Wow

starkvegasdawg
05-25-2014, 11:12 PM
Almost hope that is not true. While it would be soooooo nice to keep them from Omaha for yet another year, can you imagine the raging boner the dead Indians would have? We'd have balls ricocheting off bases, runners tripping on the way to home base, outfielders colliding, etc. If that were to happen then they would owe us a national championship in football.

RossDawg82
05-25-2014, 11:31 PM
Do you think the attendance record would get broken again? If so then they would make that a feather in their cap. On a serious note, I bet we could pack a 50,000 person stadium with that game

FFF
05-26-2014, 12:08 AM
we're headed to Louisiana Lafayette, and we'll be paired with the Oxford Regional.

Personally, I'm completely cool with that. ULL doesn't scare me, and OM would shit their pants if MSU came to town to ruin their chances for Omaha. Trust me, Bianco feels fortunate to have split with us this year...he wants no part of a rematch with Omaha on the line.

Thoughts?

(How completely perfect would it be if OM lost to their 2 seed, and we hosted a Super while they sat at home?)

I know the consensus is that "let's bring on OM, we will keep them out of Omaha" and I agree, that would be absolutely awesome... but I am going to keep harping on my bandwagon that I want to stay as far away from that scenario as possible. I agree that it would be fun as hell... probably one of the biggest sporting events in the state's history... but IF those bastards beat us (which is a distinct possibility... we have the pitching on paper... but people have forgotten how they hit us all over our damn field in April and we were an insane extra inning comeback away from being swept... and let's not even begin comparing offensive production), we would undoubtedly never hear the end of it. There would be just as much pressure on us as it would be them, and they would have plenty of motivation to play us much harder than directional Louisiana. We would be on their home turf and in front of their fans... in a place where they have played well all year... and trust me, they remember that stunt our fans pulled last year putting the sign up on I55 and posting pictures all over the internet.

If this was last year... I'd say bring it on. But you are lying to yourself if you think we have the better team this year. I want to believe that they are choke artists. They have been ever since Bianco landed in Oxford... but occasionally a blind squirrel finds a nut and I'll be damned if it's us that allows that blind squirrel to make it to Omaha for the first time in 40 years.

Dawg61
05-26-2014, 12:08 AM
Playing @ Ole Miss with winner going to Omaha would melt the state. Better wear ponchos cause it's going to be whiskey showers all weekend. Cowbells and cocksuckers!! Ole Miss hasn't been to Omaha since 1972. 1972!!! 44 fu*king years. Place would be a madhouse. @ULL ain't gonna be a cakewalk either. College baseball and ESPN would be smart to pair MSU vs UOM. TV ratings would be higher than the NC game.

CadaverDawg
05-26-2014, 12:18 AM
I know the consensus is that "let's bring on OM, we will keep them out of Omaha" and I agree, that would be absolutely awesome... but I am going to keep harping on my bandwagon that I want to stay as far away from that scenario as possible. I agree that it would be fun as hell... probably one of the biggest sporting events in the state's history... but IF those bastards beat us (which is a distinct possibility... we have the pitching on paper... but people have forgotten how they hit us all over our damn field in April and we were an insane extra inning comeback away from being swept... and let's not even begin comparing offensive production), we would undoubtedly never hear the end of it. There would be just as much pressure on us as it would be them, and they would have plenty of motivation to play us much harder than directional Louisiana. We would be on their home turf and in front of their fans... in a place where they have played well all year... and trust me, they remember that stunt our fans pulled last year putting the sign up on I55 and posting pictures all over the internet.

If this was last year... I'd say bring it on. But you are lying to yourself if you think we have the better team this year. I want to believe that they are choke artists. They have been ever since Bianco landed in Oxford... but occasionally a blind squirrel finds a nut and I'll be damned if it's us that allows that blind squirrel to make it to Omaha for the first time in 40 years.

Look, I understand that they would gloat, but it's gonna happen eventually and someone has to win. If anybody should be scared of that scenario, it sure as hell shouldn't be us. We have been to Omaha on numerous occasions, and we are THE baseball power in MS...them beating us one season to get to Omaha doesn't change that. I'm not scared of them, our team isn't, and you shouldn't be. It's like Kennedy facing Stansbury with a trip to the Elite 8 on the line...even if they beat us earlier that year. We should be confident bc they would have the pressure being the high seed and host, and because they're choke artists and would shit the bed when the Maroon wave rolled in to Oxford. If it happens, embrace it...that "I want to avoid it" stuff sounds horribly scared.

FFF
05-26-2014, 12:24 AM
Look, I understand that they would gloat, but it's gonna happen eventually and someone has to win. If anybody should be scared of that scenario, it sure as hell shouldn't be us. We have been to Omaha on numerous occasions, and we are THE baseball power in MS...them beating us one season to get to Omaha doesn't change that. I'm not scared of them, our team isn't, and you shouldn't be. It's like Kennedy facing Stansbury with a trip to the Elite 8 on the line...even if they beat us earlier that year. We should be confident bc they would have the pressure being the high seed and host, and because they're choke artists and would shit the bed when the Maroon wave rolled in to Oxford. If it happens, embrace it...that "I want to avoid it" stuff sounds horribly scared.

OK.

ScoobaDawg
05-26-2014, 12:25 AM
Ok gotta throw some peoples maroon shades off here.

First off. NO WAY IN HELL they can break our record. No way in the regular season and NO WAY in hell (oxford) during the NCAA's when actual attendance is counted not tickets sold.

2nd, Sorry but that Super Regional would not set any records. MSU fans are SUPER Passionate about our baseball and UM is pretty passionate too but it's not going to draw much attention throughout the Nation (not even sure what tv options off the top of my head) the most people who would care would be other SEC teams and several others will be playing there.

in closing, I just hope it doesn't happen. If we are the team they beat to go back to OMAHA finally, no matter how much we point to our total number or appearances and last years NC game.. they will have that to point at always until we return to OMAHA at least.
ULL is no joke, they are a national seed for a reason. I'd much prefer to get sent down to FSU or Miami.

But if we somehow get to OMAHA through Oxford....well it can't much sweeter than that other than making a run in OMAHA again..

CadaverDawg
05-26-2014, 12:31 AM
OK.

Haha, just my $.02

Dawg61
05-26-2014, 12:51 AM
Doesn't have to be watched outside of MS, AL, TN, LA to rival the ratings Omaha gets. That SR would be shown by ESPN and it'd be must see TV in MS alone. Not sure what the highest viewed college baseball game is but I feel confident the SR Egg Bowl in baseball would challenge it.

ScoobaDawg
05-26-2014, 01:40 AM
Doesn't have to be watched outside of MS, AL, TN, LA to rival the ratings Omaha gets. That SR would be shown by ESPN and it'd be must see TV in MS alone. Not sure what the highest viewed college baseball game is but I feel confident the SR Egg Bowl in baseball would challenge it.

This article notes college baseball postseason ratings are up and set records last year thanks to ESPN showing all the games. (http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/06/14/ratings-grow-for-espns-college-baseball-post-season/187472/)
No specific numbers given but you can guess what team the New Orleans market was watching.

"New Orleans was the highest-rated metered market for both of ESPN and ESPN2’s Super Regional telecasts."

Schultzy
05-26-2014, 07:38 AM
I'm predicting it's not going to happen. If the admins at both schools are given any input in the matter both will say no.

ShotgunDawg
05-26-2014, 08:25 AM
I don't think we would get out of the ULL regional. I don't see how we could keep up with their bats.

starkvegasdawg
05-26-2014, 08:35 AM
I'm predicting it's not going to happen. If the admins at both schools are given any input in the matter both will say no.

But they could never risk it getting out they said no because of the grief they would get. Besides, I'm really not sure if the schools get any input.

99jc
05-26-2014, 08:37 AM
I don't think we would get out of the ULL regional. I don't see how we could keep up with their bats.

smoking crack if you think we are going to a super regional. These ****** hitters are about to burst yall's bubble.

Saltydog
05-26-2014, 08:47 AM
regional and UM wins theirs (which they will) the NCAA on campus attendance records will prolly be broke and at Swayze, God forbid.

curmudgeon
05-26-2014, 08:57 AM
They can't get more than 12,500 in Swayze legally.

starkvegasdawg
05-26-2014, 09:13 AM
They can't get more than 12,500 in Swayze legally.
Like they care about the rules.

Saltydog
05-26-2014, 09:33 AM
nt

AlSwearengen
05-26-2014, 10:34 AM
Fitts can't get past the third inning against a good team and Ross HAS to be on top of his game because he can't give up more than three runs because of our offense. Laster has looked good in limited action, but I don't want to bank on him keeping a team below three runs in a super regional. I would rather lose to someone other than olemiss in a super. That is assuming we make it out of a regional.

If we could get six good innings out of Fitts and Lindgren can throw two low pitch count innings, allowing him to come back for a third game, I like our chances. But that is asking an awful lot.

I seen it dawg
05-26-2014, 10:42 AM
We def have to have the perfect scenarios for us to get out of a regional. We don't have any room for error because of what we are as a team.

shoeless joe
05-26-2014, 10:47 AM
We def have to have the perfect scenarios for us to get out of a regional. We don't have any room for error because of what we are as a team.

But I guarantee no one wants to face us. Dominant pitching and a scrappy offense that's puts pressure on the defense. However, just one pitcher being off his game could make things end poorly...but again, no offensive team wants to see us show up in their regional.

I seen it dawg
05-26-2014, 10:55 AM
But I guarantee no one wants to face us. Dominant pitching and a scrappy offense that's puts pressure on the defense. However, just one pitcher being off his game could make things end poorly...but again, no offensive team wants to see us show up in their regional.

No doubt. Other teams can't let us hang around or make mistakes or we will beat their ass. Can't let us have a crack or we will dive through it.