PDA

View Full Version : we seem to be targeting WR's

FISHDAWG
05-13-2013, 02:06 PM
we landed a boatload of WR's this year and after looking at several of our targets for next year it appears we are making several more offers to WR's for next year ... now I realize we will only sign a limited number or maybe none of those offered but can someone explain why we are so hard after more WR's ? .... does Dak possess a better arm than I realize ??

msstate7
05-13-2013, 02:12 PM
Kinda makes me think our coaches like the lineman we have. Dak has a strong arm. Not sure about accuracy

FlabLoser
05-13-2013, 02:13 PM
You don't want all or most of your WRs to be in the same class - which is what we've had up to now.

Goat Holder
05-13-2013, 02:36 PM
We need to be looking all over small town rural Mississippi and start recruiting the QBs. They will typically be the best athletes at the school and very capable of playing WR at the SEC level, or other skill positions. Tubby Lewis is a shining example of this. Damein Anderson another, although he sort of sucked. Courtney Taylor from Auburn back in the early 2000s. Others: Justin Cox, Gabe Myles, Zach Jackson, Derek Pegues, Kaleb Eulls. List goes on and on and on. Ken Topps, David Palmer, etc. etc. etc.

state66
05-13-2013, 02:46 PM
We need to be looking all over small town rural Mississippi and start recruiting the QBs. They will typically be the best athletes at the school and very capable of playing WR at the SEC level, or other skill positions. Tubby Lewis is a shining example of this. Damein Anderson another, although he sort of sucked. Courtney Taylor from Auburn back in the early 2000s. Others: Justin Cox, Gabe Myles, Zach Jackson, Derek Pegues, Kaleb Eulls. List goes on and on and on. Ken Topps, David Palmer, etc. etc. etc.

I agree Goat we need to find the best athletes in Mississippi and the players that are the best on there teams but Im not sure we need to heavily seek these players from small rural schools playing against mediocre competition. I may be wrong about this but they are going to take a for sure redshirt year as well as grooming before there ready for SEC competition. Now before yall eat my lunch on this I understand the outstanding players we have found by doing this, banks, chris jones (before he blew up on the national stage), justin cox (in high school) and many others. Mullen is in what year 5 and has put us on the national stage and I would like to see us compete for big time national recruits alot more than we have in the past if we want to meet expectations and compete at a high level in the sec.

FISHDAWG
05-13-2013, 03:20 PM
so how many linemen are we going after ... I have only seen two that I can remember (that we actually have a chance at)

hailmari
05-13-2013, 03:31 PM
We need at least one JUCO OL, two would be great. Then we have to sign ~2 high school guys.

We'll probably sign two or three WRs, we gotta take Jesse Jackson and make a strong push for a guy like Markell Pack.

Big4Dawg
05-13-2013, 04:04 PM
We need at least one JUCO OL, two would be great. Then we have to sign ~2 high school guys.

We'll probably sign two or three WRs, we gotta take Jesse Jackson and make a strong push for a guy like Markell Pack.

Most think we will get Jocquell Johnson: http://247sports.com/Player/Jocquell-Johnson-17007

HS OL will probably probably be camp type offers.