PDA

View Full Version : Ranking our 11 Possible Regional Homes

curmudgeon
05-25-2014, 09:03 PM
In order from where I most want to go to where I least want to go.

1. Oklahoma State
The lowest rated team hosting a regional, they haven't been really impressive this season, they slipped into a host by winning the Big 12 regular season. They finish second in the conference and they likely don't host.

2. Louisville
This one opens up for us with Vandy hosting. I could see the NCAA sending UK to Indiana and matching those two regionals up in the Super.

3. Rice
Another team that just isn't as scary as some of the other hosts. They are probably going to just miss a national seed, but I think they will be matched up with ULL in the Super.

4. ULL
Texas A&M may be destined to Rice for a regional, so where better to get a winnable Super Regional than ULL.

5. Cal Poly
I admittedly know very little about San Luis Obisqo except that it is a very unlikely place for us to be true #2 seed. Look for Washington here.

6. Miami
Their hot streak might be over, so this may be the best time to catch these guys. A likely Super Matchup with Florida though.

7. Virginia
Another unlikely, because Liberty will probably be the #2, but we know how to win there and the park is big.

8. TCU
They scare me because they have dominant pitching. Part of me wants to go to TCU, but I don't want to face shutdown pitching or play in a small park.

9. Florida State
Speaking of small parks, it scares me more than the FSU team.

10. Indiana
I think they are better than people think. They got a taste of Omaha last year and I expect them to be back.

11. Oregon State
The best team in the country and we beat them twice in Omaha last year. I'd rather not travel that far for payback.

messageboardsuperhero
05-25-2014, 09:12 PM
I'd love Ok State, but it'll probably be either Rice or ULL... If I had to guess, I'd say we'll probably go to ULL.

ShotgunDawg
05-25-2014, 09:43 PM
In order from where I most want to go to where I least want to go.

1. Oklahoma State
The lowest rated team hosting a regional, they haven't been really impressive this season, they slipped into a host by winning the Big 12 regular season. They finish second in the conference and they likely don't host.

2. Louisville
This one opens up for us with Vandy hosting. I could see the NCAA sending UK to Indiana and matching those two regionals up in the Super.

3. Rice
Another team that just isn't as scary as some of the other hosts. They are probably going to just miss a national seed, but I think they will be matched up with ULL in the Super.

4. ULL
Texas A&M may be destined to Rice for a regional, so where better to get a winnable Super Regional than ULL.

5. Cal Poly
I admittedly know very little about San Luis Obisqo except that it is a very unlikely place for us to be true #2 seed. Look for Washington here.

6. Miami
Their hot streak might be over, so this may be the best time to catch these guys. A likely Super Matchup with Florida though.

7. Virginia
Another unlikely, because Liberty will probably be the #2, but we know how to win there and the park is big.

8. TCU
They scare me because they have dominant pitching. Part of me wants to go to TCU, but I don't want to face shutdown pitching or play in a small park.

9. Florida State
Speaking of small parks, it scares me more than the FSU team.

10. Indiana
I think they are better than people think. They got a taste of Omaha last year and I expect them to be back.

11. Oregon State
The best team in the country and we beat them twice in Omaha last year. I'd rather not travel that far for payback.

TCU has a major league pitching staff and bullpen, but they can't hit and play in a huge park where the ball doesn't travel.

msstate7
05-25-2014, 09:50 PM
TCU has a major league pitching staff and bullpen, but they can't hit and play in a huge park where the ball doesn't travel.

If we played them, it would be some exciting games*

CadaverDawg
05-25-2014, 09:51 PM
My guess is we play in Miami, and Cal State Fullerton is our 3 seed

CadaverDawg
05-25-2014, 09:51 PM
If we played them, it would be some exciting games*

No doubt. First one to score wins